The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #26
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Plot holes/poor storytelling discussion

And these not being plot holes can be all in your head too. Instead of making remarks, why don't you debate them. That is what this thread and forum are for. Insulting people for pointing out plot holes they see is not nearly as sad as someone calling a person an idiot without even making an effort to refute the argument.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #27
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ1 View Post
Change the title of the thread to ALLEGED Plot holes and you guys can go nuts if you want. A few of these points are valid, most are just silly. These things are only in your mind. That some state them with confidence is just sad.
Change the thread title?? I've got a better idea...why don't you just not post in the thread if it's contents clearly bothers you so much?

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #28
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

If you think these aren't valid plot holes, say why. Don't come in and say "these are all stupid and you're stupid for making them".

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #29
CelticPredator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ1 View Post
You do realize that every one of your critiques are absurd and, quite frankly, lame. You don't see that do you? More's the pity. After reading them, I kind of feel embarrassed for you. If I had the time, I'd take every point apart but they're just so ridiculous and reaching that it would be a waste of time. It does show an incredible amount of limited thinking on your part. Congratulations.

One movie quote does seem necessary, however.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Nothing you say will ever have any merit because of the simple fact you bought tickets for 2 people on an internet forum, because they didnt pay for the movie.

CelticPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #30
chaseter
Bland User

He didn't have time to rebut them but he has time to keep coming back in here to call us stupid

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #31
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

This is what it's like when someone has no real argument...they insult you

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #32
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross2287 View Post
Obviously Victor's clothes were made from his own hair. Since he has the healing gene in his DNA it's also in his hair. Healing gene in hair = healing clothes.
Why didn't I think of that...

Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 AM   #33
ChaoticPsylocke
Edges I like 'em Rough.

pretty much the laser eyes thing bothered me the most.

but i did notice the weird idea that somehow wolvie wouldnt notice that silver fox was actually alive.

and i also didnt care for emma and silver fox being sisters......weird and pointless. theres no need to make such an alteration to the source....

but i do have an idea, maybe the reason Xavier showed up at the THe Island was because pietro and possibly wanda were there. like thats why he randomly came in at the right time! but that doesnt wuite make sense bc why wouldnt he talk to them rather than scott who he didnt know.....

ChaoticPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 AM   #34
Da_Lycan
Side-Kick

Just got done watching this movie in theathers. I can go on about all the obvious things wrong with this movie people have pointed out but I figured I'd bring up some new ones of my own. First this movie is inaccurate not just with the comics but with the world history and geography. First James and his family were all living in Canada years before Canada was colonized. I know it sounds lame but come on people pick up a history book. Secondly how did they fight in all these American Wars when they are Canadian? Wouldn't they need to prove citizenship and ID before being allowed into the army? Also some people complained about the settings and me living in New Orleans just rolled my eyes at what was supposed to be the french quarter. There's no way your gonna find empty streets in the french quarter at night regardless of the day or year. Actually I did the same thing whenever i see the x-men evolution episode Cajun Spice and Gambit and Rogue go to new orleans and it just happens to be Mardi Gras in the french quarter and looks nothing like the real thing. And just how long before X1 does this all take place? People's ages dont seem to match...oh i just thought of a new one....wasn't professor Xavier paralyzed before he met scott?

Da_Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #35
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
- Stryker walks off of an island.
There is a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.

Quote:
Barakapool's can bend his arms with 3 foot long arm blades in them.
Funnily enough, Deadpool never bends his elbows while the blades are still retracted.

Quote:
- Wolverine will fight in American wars for 2 centuries but when asked to rejoin he proclaims that he isn't American.
Canadians fought in every war that Logan and Creed fought in during the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
-Gambit stops the Creed/Logan fight, then he fights Gambit instead of using his super sharp sense to follow Creed's scent. Makes no sense. Your revenge is right there, why do you still need Gambit?
Logan tried to follow Creed, Gambit stopped him by ***** slapping him in the face with his staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
-Xavier showing up like he does would signify that he knew what was going on and let it happen. Jerk.
Xavier didn't have the X-Men assembled yet. He was one man, and by the time he had gotten there, he only had time to rescue the mutants, not stop what was happening. He is in New York, Three Mile Island is in Pennsylvania. Not exactly a trip around the block.

Not addressing anything else, because I'm staying out of this thread. But these ones are so blatantly wrong that they needed to be addressed.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 05-02-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #36
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
You looking over them shows your ability to shut off your brain for 90 minutes and drool over a mediocre film because it has the words 'X-Men' in the title!!!
Actually, no, because nothing that you or Spider posted are anything different from anything in X-Men or X2.

So... are those mediocre films now too? Or do you just perpetuate double standards and hypocrisy?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #37
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Funnily enough, Deadpool never bends his elbows while the blades are still retracted.
Uh, yes he does.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #38
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:

Xavier didn't have the X-Men assembled yet. He was one man, and by the time he had gotten there, he only had time to rescue the mutants, not stop what was happening. He is in New York, Three Mile Island is in Pennsylvania. Not exactly a trip around the block.

WRONG!

Xavier knew the layout of the building, which is how he told Scott which ways to turn to escape. This implies one of a few things...
1. He had been there, taking part in the experiments
2. He took over someones mind enough to get a detailed floorplan.
3. He had a mole inside feeding him info.

Lending backup to #1 would be that Strykers son was once a student of Xaviers, but had already left.

Either way...he CHOSE to let the kidnappings continue and only showed up when the jig was up anyway. He wasnt racing to the base, as he CLEARLY already knew the layout and had prior knowledge of what went down there.

So...lets just ignore all logic and say you're right...that Xavier GUESSED which ways to turn to get out. He STILL could have frozen everyone in place and taken care of the situation without ANY loss of life. he chose not to.

Im sorry guys...but the ONLY way that this connects to X-Men 1 and 2 is when you add in that Xavier screwed with Jeans mind suppressing her Phoenix powers, and he intentionally didnt tell Wolverine his history after it is CLEAR that he knew about Wolverines attack on the base. One could argue that he intentionally reduced the effectiveness of two of the most important people in the battle for equality. His selfishness even extends when he uses his powers to permanently take over the body of a coma patient so he can keep on doing whatever his plan is. Of course, the most powerful mutant on earths plan is never revealed, as he is conveniently out of action during all three films.

Professor X is the villian in this franchise....it is the ONLY way to make the connections fit. If you wanted to say that this new body he took over becomes Onslaught, then I would not be surprised at all.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:47 AM   #39
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Actually, no, because nothing that you or Spider posted are anything different from anything in X-Men or X2.

So... are those mediocre films now too? Or do you just perpetuate double standards and hypocrisy?
I love how you justify things in your head to make this a great film

No one ever said that X1 or X2 didn't have plot holes so what does that have anything to do with this? Those two movies were a lot better written and directed films and they deservingly are fan and critic favorites and better as compared to this.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 05-02-2009, 02:50 AM   #40
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
There is a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.
Someone already mentioned that. But, that opens up a new one as to why the cops, firemen, or medics didn't stop him while he was walking across the long *** bridge as they were coming in.

Quote:
He runs and he does flips in the air with the claws retracted and his arms are bent.

Quote:
I don't care that he fought in those wars, I care about the cheesy line that they used to justify him not wanting to continue when it directly contradicts what he did 200 years earlier.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #41
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
He runs and he does flips in the air with the claws retracted and his arms are bent.
His blades were already out.

But whatever, I just realized something.

I don't have to justify myself. I've explained myself time and time again over these movies. But the fact is, it doesn't really matter.

I know what I saw in all 4 of these movies. If you can't accept what's on the film in front of your face, then whatever. That's on you.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #42
Octoberist
point blank

People brought it up, but I laughed when they showed Styker's LCD HD computer monitors.

Also, there were modern day guns and humvees to boot. And is it me, or does Agent Zero seems so damn modern too?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #43
Metal Spidey
Spider-Man rules!

This is the kind of debating that I love. Very strong arguments and quick witted counters in just about every post. It's a shame that I can't join in since I have not seen the movie. I lol'd at Heretic saying that the Prof is the villain in the franchise. From what I've seen in the first 3 films and what I hear about this film, he may be right, lol.

Metal Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #44
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
- Cyclops has laser eyes in this movie and not optic blasts but when Deadpool uses them against Creed, no hole is burned through Creed's body and his clothes aren't even burnt and then they return back to laser beams.

- Stryker walks off of an island.

- Wolverine either leaves Kayla's body to rot in the woods, takes her back to their house, or allows the cops/medics to get the body but never wonders what happened to it or if there was a funeral for the woman he loved. He also could not smell with his super senses that it wasn't her blood and he doesn't go bounding after Creed right then and there for killing the woman he loved.

- The cages that housed the mutants for six years had no toilets or beds in them.

- Wolverine's bone claws are broken but adamantium somehow completes the broken set and even changes the entire appearance of the bone claws on its own in liquid form.
- Stryker only wants Wolverine's DNA but decides to give him an indestructible skeleton and smartly orders his termination after the procedure.
- Barakapool's can bend his arms with 3 foot long arm blades in them.

- Wolverine boxes Blob but threatens him with his claws after the fight when he could have done that to begin with.
- The back door to Stryker's facility leads off of a cliff...good door placement.

- Cyclops does not use his eye beams to escape the wire mesh cage he is being held in.
- After loosing his memory, Logan remembers where he left his jacket the old man gave him that seems to also be indestructible.

- One of the guys on Team X that cannot die is not sent in first.

- Gambit's guards played cards with him when he is a captive that can escape by touching objects.

- Professor Xavier knew about the Weapon X facility and decided to show up at that exact moment.
- Magneto's kids are being held captive in a facility filled with metal and they are still there.

- Cyclops can wear sun glasses to every class but Spanish.

- Gambit can recover from being knocked out and appear on a roof in mere seconds.

- LCD computer screens and television monitors existed in the 70's-80's.

- Wolverine will fight in American wars for 2 centuries but when asked to rejoin he proclaims that he isn't American.

- Wolverine can stop laser beams with his claws and also charge up a force that can repel back to the source.
1. While I am not defending the movie, 3 Mile Island is a real place and has a bridge connecting it with the mainland.
2. With a healing factor, the assumption is the bone would grow back.
3. Stryker wanted to clone Wolverine so he would have someone he could control, like Wilson, only moreso. He had to find out if Wolverine would survive before going through the trouble of making a clone that might not survive the procedure.
4. When Logan boxes the Blob, Logan is still basically a good guy, and just wants teh information. Why threaten him right off the bat?
5. If Summers blew through his cage, he would have to keep his eyes closed to avoid destoying the place and possibly killing himself. He had to either keep his eyes closed, or wear the blinders he had. If he got out of the cage, he would still need help getting out of the facility.

6. Prof. X is telepathic, particularly tuned in to mutants. It wouldn't take him long to hone in on a whole mess of them and find where they were.

not_a_victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #45
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Lycan View Post
Just got done watching this movie in theathers. I can go on about all the obvious things wrong with this movie people have pointed out but I figured I'd bring up some new ones of my own. First this movie is inaccurate not just with the comics but with the world history and geography. First James and his family were all living in Canada years before Canada was colonized. I know it sounds lame but come on people pick up a history book. Secondly how did they fight in all these American Wars when they are Canadian? Wouldn't they need to prove citizenship and ID before being allowed into the army? Also some people complained about the settings and me living in New Orleans just rolled my eyes at what was supposed to be the french quarter. There's no way your gonna find empty streets in the french quarter at night regardless of the day or year. Actually I did the same thing whenever i see the x-men evolution episode Cajun Spice and Gambit and Rogue go to new orleans and it just happens to be Mardi Gras in the french quarter and looks nothing like the real thing. And just how long before X1 does this all take place? People's ages dont seem to match...oh i just thought of a new one....wasn't professor Xavier paralyzed before he met scott?
You pick up a history book my friend. Quebec City was established as early as 1608, making it older than most cities/colonies in the United States.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #46
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Canadians fought in the AMERICAN Civil War? What history book have you been reading?

DarkKnight88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
Canadians fought in the AMERICAN Civil War? What history book have you been reading?
"Canada" as an entity didn't take sides, but plenty of Canadian men came down and fought.
Additionally, 150 years ago, things like birth certificates and other official forms of ID were not common. If you walked up to a recruiter and said you wanted to join, you just joined without providing ID.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #48
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

While it's not a "plothole", I would have liked to see some of Logan meeting Silver Fox and how that all came about.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #49
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_victim View Post
You pick up a history book my friend. Quebec City was established as early as 1608, making it older than most cities/colonies in the United States.
It wasn't Canada so much as the film stated to taking place in the Northwest Territories which wasn't created until 1870.

DarkKnight88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #50
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
It wasn't Canada so much as the film stated to taking place in the Northwest Territories which wasn't created until 1870.
Well, just like the U.S.A wasn't "created" until 1776, it was still settled and had people living there 200 years before, with Roanoke being settled 1587. People lived in the NW Territories at the time. It's the only way for a government to declare ownership of an area.