The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 05-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #76
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Default Re: Plot holes/poor storytelling discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlockd View Post
Doesnt Sabertooth have a healing factor? If so, why did Striker need Logans' DNA? Because of the adamandtium? That's on his bones. Why would it effect his DNA?

And since when does Adamantium come from outer space? I majored in fictional metals in college and I never heard that.
Well adamantium is a FICTIONAL metal, so it can come from anywhere the film makers want it to. But i remember Stryker saying that the part from space helped them MAKE adamantium, so it wasn't adamantium that came from space directly, just part of the ingredient.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #77
gridlockd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Lycan View Post

And it seemed that not every member of team x had powers. Someone told me that agent zero was supposed to be maverick. I don't know if its true since i never heard of zero till the movie. Is his power super accuracy? That's just random. Any human can gain accuracy. And did deadpool have powers originally? Or were they all given to him?
This bothered me too. Of all the cool powers in the world, one guy spins swords and another shoots guns? I'm sorry, these are not mutant powers!
If there was more to it, they didn't show it in the movie.

And one guy teleports in a less interesting way than Nightcrawler? And one guy can make elevators re-start and keep lightbulbs on even when theyre unscrewed. That's so lame.

If you can get a teleporter, seems to me you don't need guns and swords.

gridlockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #78
gridlockd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Well adamantium is a FICTIONAL metal,so it can come from anywhere the film makers want it to.
I just wondered if it was that way in the comics.

gridlockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #79
chaseter
Bland User

Adamantium and Venom know each other apparently.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #80
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Adamantium and Venom know each other apparently.
Maybe Adamantium IS Venom...Prepare for the sequel where Wolverine disco dances down the street.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #81
Ol'Canucklehead
The best at what I do....

Quote:
- Cyclops has laser eyes in this movie and not optic blasts but when Deadpool uses them against Creed, no hole is burned through Creed's body and his clothes aren't even burnt and then they return back to laser beams.

- Stryker walks off of an island.

- Wolverine either leaves Kayla's body to rot in the woods, takes her back to their house, or allows the cops/medics to get the body but never wonders what happened to it or if there was a funeral for the woman he loved. He also could not smell with his super senses that it wasn't her blood and he doesn't go bounding after Creed right then and there for killing the woman he loved.

- The cages that housed the mutants for six years had no toilets or beds in them.

- Wolverine's bone claws are broken but adamantium somehow completes the broken set and even changes the entire appearance of the bone claws on its own in liquid form.

- Stryker only wants Wolverine's DNA but decides to give him an indestructible skeleton and smartly orders his termination after the procedure.

- Barakapool's can bend his arms with 3 foot long arm blades in them.

- Wolverine boxes Blob but threatens him with his claws after the fight when he could have done that to begin with.

- The back door to Stryker's facility leads off of a cliff...good door placement.

- Cyclops does not use his eye beams to escape the wire mesh cage he is being held in.

- After loosing his memory, Logan remembers where he left his jacket the old man gave him that seems to also be indestructible.

- One of the guys on Team X that cannot die is not sent in first.

- Gambit's guards played cards with him when he is a captive that can escape by touching objects.

- Professor Xavier knew about the Weapon X facility and decided to show up at that exact moment.

- Magneto's kids are being held captive in a facility filled with metal and they are still there.

- Cyclops can wear sun glasses to every class but Spanish.

- Gambit can recover from being knocked out and appear on a roof in mere seconds.

- LCD computer screens and television monitors existed in the 70's-80's.

- Wolverine will fight in American wars for 2 centuries but when asked to rejoin he proclaims that he isn't American.

- Wolverine can stop laser beams with his claws and also charge up a force that can repel back to the source.

1. The eye beam can be easily explained as the more powerfull the blast the hotter it gets, so less powerfull blasts don't generate alot of heat, maybe not even above room temperature, but at full power they are extremely hot.

2. Nothing says that he walked of the island, and even if this is the case there could have been a bridge or a tunnel used for transport. How else would they get everything there?

3. This is a guy with claws who just ran away from his job at the exact moment his girlfriend was killed, if he stuck around for the murder investigation he would be a top suspect. Also Wolverine is driven by his rage, all he could think about was killing Creed.

4. Why couldn't there be bathroom facilitied elsewhere that they take them to in groups? In a high level government facility in which they work with biologicaly different individuals, they would want to control their every move. As far as beds, they didn't look like they gave to much of a damn about their comfort level. There are many prisons, even in our own country in which people are forced to sleep on concrete.

5. More than likely his claws grew back, they were bone and he manages to regrow every other bone he breaks without a problem so why not the claws? Also, they never showed what they did to Logan to prep him for surgery. There is always prep for major procedures so why would this be different? They could have even shaved the claws to make the metal for a more bladed look. Wolverine volunteered for whatever the program entailed, so there are many possibilities here.

6. Stryker didn't just want his DNA, he wanted to see if the adimantium bonding process worked and if he could replicate it. He never ordered his termination, he order them to erase his memory. He didn't want to kill Logan, he still wanted to use him. Why would he throw away a perfectly good weapon? The only time he ordered to kill him was after he escaped.

7. Wade Wilson, Weapon 11, not yet DEADPOOL, never bent his arms while the blades were retracted. Within the first few moments you see him he extends the blades, he never bent his arms before that and he never retracted the blades until the bonus scene.

8. When Wolverine fought Blob, he did so as a gesture to his old friends, he didn't wanna raise hell and REALLY have to fight or kill them. He was in Wraiths place, he wouldn't disrespect the guy he just shared a beer with.

9. That wasn't a door, it was a sealed drainage passage for the damn that hides it. Logan had to rip it open to get through, remember?

10. Cyclops has NEVER wanted to use his powers uncontrolled, and being that they probobly just developed he was probobly very afraid of them or of hurting anyone if he tried. Not to mention the giant cat man that just tried to kill him. If he actualy knew what to do with his powers than he would have blasted Creed through the wall instead of running like a pussy.

11. More than likely Gambit found it and gave it to him as they left. Why not? If I saw the jacket of a guy with amnesia lying on the ground I would assume it could be important for him to have too.

12. Each team member was sent in using military tactics, letting each man do his job and flow like clockwork. There is absolutely NO issue with this.

13. I would assume that Stryker had a way of limiting his powers, like maybe forcing him to wear a full body suit so if he tried to charge he would blow himself up.

14. Ok so it was conveinient, its also conveinient that Xavier made a machine that can find every mutant in the world using his powers. Its Xavier, he knows when the right time to step in is

15. Maybe they are Magneto's kids, maybe they aren't. But if they were he might not know where they are, and even if he did....ITS MAGNETO! He is such a bastard to his children that he would probably wait to see if they could escape themselves. Survival of the fittest is his thing.

16. I used to wear a thick mental chain attached to my wallet and all but one of my teachers had a problem with it. This is not that unbelievable.

17. Its GAMBIT! Have you ever read any Gambit, he can do thing FAR more amazing than this.

18. This was NOT in the 70's or 80's! It was actually still set in the "not to distant future" just 15 years before the events of X1.

19. The "I'm Candaian" remark was a joke, basically telling Styker to **** off. Don't read more into it than what it was.

20. The adimantium, the strongest metal known to man, stoped the optic blasts, and he didn't "charge" anything, he simply reflected them with his claws. Light + Mirror = Reflection. This principle is used with lasers ever day in REAL science, why can't science fiction has it too? In fact.....its the most realistc thing in any X-Men film lol.

Ol'Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #82
gambitfire
Banned User

I like this thread. Makes me miss the X-boards. Back and forth, Back and forth. The good ol'days.

Hey did anyone see the Tomato meter? HOLY HELL THE FILM BLEW! lol

It's like Christmas morning. X3 had better reviews! O__o

gambitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #83
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

Quote:
- Cyclops has laser eyes in this movie and not optic blasts but when Deadpool uses them against Creed, no hole is burned through Creed's body and his clothes aren't even burnt and then they return back to laser beams.
True I suppose.
I believe the effects of Cyclops' beams have been sort of inconsistent in the comics as well? (not an excuse, just an observation)

Quote:
There is most definitely a bridge in the shot where they pull out from the island in the very ending. Also, it's 3 mile island, so even if there wasn't a shot showing this you should still be able to assume a bridge is there.

Quote:
- Wolverine either leaves Kayla's body to rot in the woods, takes her back to their house, or allows the cops/medics to get the body but never wonders what happened to it or if there was a funeral for the woman he loved. He also could not smell with his super senses that it wasn't her blood and he doesn't go bounding after Creed right then and there for killing the woman he loved.
It could easily have been her own blood. (just draw some and save it)
Also, I'm not sure I comprehend the last point you're trying to make. I assumed he went straight for Victor after he found Kayla's body. You're saying he didn't, or shouldn't, or couldn't or... something?

Quote:
- The cages that housed the mutants for six years had no toilets or beds in them.
Sleep on the floor you dirty muties! Also, I guess they could be passed buckets or whatever. It's not like the people who captured them thought highly of mutants.

Quote:
- Wolverine's bone claws are broken but adamantium somehow completes the broken set and even changes the entire appearance of the bone claws on its own in liquid form.
Yeah. Didn't really make sense.

Quote:
- Stryker only wants Wolverine's DNA but decides to give him an indestructible skeleton and smartly orders his termination after the procedure.
He ordered the wiping of his memory. Possibly wanting to use him in a similar was as he used Wade (as a mindless, controllable drone).

Quote:
Did we ever see him bend his arms and significant amount with the blades in? I don't actually know. Either way, it seems kind of problematic...

Quote:
- Wolverine boxes Blob but threatens him with his claws after the fight when he could have done that to begin with.
Like someone else said. Possibly a factor of growing rage throughout the match.

Quote:
- The back door to Stryker's facility leads off of a cliff...good door placement.
Indeed. I guess you could argue that they dumped stuff there, but yeah, seems stupid to me.

Quote:
- Cyclops does not use his eye beams to escape the wire mesh cage he is being held in.
Were his arms not tied? (assuming the band over his eyes blocked his beams he wouldn't be able to remove it) I don't remember.

Quote:
- After loosing his memory, Logan remembers where he left his jacket the old man gave him that seems to also be indestructible.
Yeah. Should be in Gambit's plane, but Gambit is never shown returning it... or at least I can't remember it. Maybe he just got a similar one though... you know, he sees that model and goes "I kind of like it. It seems familiar."?

Quote:
Yeah. Struck me as weird as hell. Also, Wolverine seemed useless to the team. Or at least they never showed him chipping in.

Quote:
- Gambit's guards played cards with him when he is a captive that can escape by touching objects.
Possibly they didn't know his full power set, and that's how he escaped. He did escape after all.

Quote:
- Professor Xavier knew about the Weapon X facility and decided to show up at that exact moment.
After Scott's sudden (and violent) disappearance, and the shape of his school afterwards Xavier knew what to look for through Cerebro.

Quote:
- Magneto's kids are being held captive in a facility filled with metal and they are still there.
You don't really need to assume they were his kids. Just little nods to the fans.

Quote:
To be fair he only got told to remove the glasses because he didn't pay attention to the class (due to his headache).

Quote:
- Gambit can recover from being knocked out and appear on a roof in mere seconds.
Definitely double-take worthy.

Quote:
Didn't notice. Heh.

Quote:
- Wolverine will fight in American wars for 2 centuries but when asked to rejoin he proclaims that he isn't American.
He's originally Canadian (from the first scene). I'm assuming he was drawn to the wars because he thought conflict was in his nature. He doesn't want to rejoin Stryker because he doesn't approve of how he operates.

Quote:
- Wolverine can stop laser beams with his claws and also charge up a force that can repel back to the source.
Just chalked it up to silly comic book physics. Take that as you will.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #84
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyLebeau View Post
- In the labratory scene, how would Wolvie not pick up the scents of Silver Fox, Sabretooth AND Deadpool? They were all within a 20 ft. radius of him, yet he looked SO SHOCKED when Silver Fox "appeared" behind him, eventhough she was standing there for a few seconds. He picked up Mystique's scent in the Statue of Liberty in X-1 quite easily.
This right here is a true plot hole. A violation of a "law" established earlier in the film.

In this case it has been established that Wolverine has an amazing sense of smell, and can identify people by it. Yet he cannot do so in this instance. Clear violation of the established logic... sort of like how Pete's spider-sense doesn't warn him of Harry's attack in SM3.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #85
storyteller
Side-Kick

I will take a Stab at this

Cyclops has laser eyes in this movie and not optic blasts but when Deadpool uses them against Creed, no hole is burned through Creed's body and his clothes aren't even burnt and then they return back to laser beams.

Cyclops has his optic blasts. Cyclops beams are kinetic energy. They themselves do not generate heat(so he cant melt objects). But, they move objects. Movement generates friction which generates heat. This is why blasted objects have hot ends. These were full power optic blasts(and not controlled smaller ones through a visor).

If you only judged the workprint this may be valid. But in the final version there certainly is a bridge.

Heres my thinking. He puts Kaylas body in a safe place. She wakes up and the "body" whereabouts is handled by Stryker. Think about it. She was murdered. An autopsy would be in order. Wolverine wants to kill Victor now, so he leaves right away. Simply put. He doesnt have a funeral for her. Also the blood was probably hers. They probably took some from her and pours it on later.

As far as Stryker is concerned. They are animals.

Wolverines bone claws have probably been broken over the years. They grow back! Now as to why the claws come out perfect knives. Hey movie magic. Also in X-men Jean Grey never said that the claws were put in. She may have assumed it but she never said anything about a mechanical device or anything.

Did you miss the part where he went. "wipe his memory"? The plan was to create a blank slate and now you got someone to control. Wolverine overheard though and plan be was termination. The point was to arm wolverine but never let him take out his revenge.

I would like to know that to.

He could have. But sometimes a less violent way can do the job. But wolverine got irked and wanted to know now. Think of it this way. You dont go around waving a gun at people when you want to know something do you?

One of the back doors.

And then do what exactly? He wont know where to look nor where to go.

The jacket simply didnt get ripped but yeah.....

Two of those guys could get shot in the head. Deadpool was the fastest on the group. Wolverine and Victor would take a bit of time.

Hey he did escape didnt he?

Telepath. He may have been tracking Scott and everyone converged that day.

I dont know if those were officially Magnetos kids(even if they were the characters doesnt mean they are related in this universe). I would assume that Magneto and Charles have parted ways at this point.

??? got me

Yeah and ?

The government has these things. Doesn't mean the public would also.

Canadians fought in American wars. Also Wolverine probably likes living in Canada.

Since Scott is not shooting lasers. Wolverine is pushing back a force.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #86
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Canucklehead View Post
1. The eye beam can be easily explained as the more powerfull the blast the hotter it gets, so less powerfull blasts don't generate alot of heat, maybe not even above room temperature, but at full power they are extremely hot.

2. Nothing says that he walked of the island, and even if this is the case there could have been a bridge or a tunnel used for transport. How else would they get everything there?

3. This is a guy with claws who just ran away from his job at the exact moment his girlfriend was killed, if he stuck around for the murder investigation he would be a top suspect. Also Wolverine is driven by his rage, all he could think about was killing Creed.

4. Why couldn't there be bathroom facilitied elsewhere that they take them to in groups? In a high level government facility in which they work with biologicaly different individuals, they would want to control their every move. As far as beds, they didn't look like they gave to much of a damn about their comfort level. There are many prisons, even in our own country in which people are forced to sleep on concrete.

5. More than likely his claws grew back, they were bone and he manages to regrow every other bone he breaks without a problem so why not the claws? Also, they never showed what they did to Logan to prep him for surgery. There is always prep for major procedures so why would this be different? They could have even shaved the claws to make the metal for a more bladed look. Wolverine volunteered for whatever the program entailed, so there are many possibilities here.

6. Stryker didn't just want his DNA, he wanted to see if the adimantium bonding process worked and if he could replicate it. He never ordered his termination, he order them to erase his memory. He didn't want to kill Logan, he still wanted to use him. Why would he throw away a perfectly good weapon? The only time he ordered to kill him was after he escaped.

7. Wade Wilson, Weapon 11, not yet DEADPOOL, never bent his arms while the blades were retracted. Within the first few moments you see him he extends the blades, he never bent his arms before that and he never retracted the blades until the bonus scene.

8. When Wolverine fought Blob, he did so as a gesture to his old friends, he didn't wanna raise hell and REALLY have to fight or kill them. He was in Wraiths place, he wouldn't disrespect the guy he just shared a beer with.

9. That wasn't a door, it was a sealed drainage passage for the damn that hides it. Logan had to rip it open to get through, remember?

10. Cyclops has NEVER wanted to use his powers uncontrolled, and being that they probobly just developed he was probobly very afraid of them or of hurting anyone if he tried. Not to mention the giant cat man that just tried to kill him. If he actualy knew what to do with his powers than he would have blasted Creed through the wall instead of running like a pussy.

11. More than likely Gambit found it and gave it to him as they left. Why not? If I saw the jacket of a guy with amnesia lying on the ground I would assume it could be important for him to have too.

12. Each team member was sent in using military tactics, letting each man do his job and flow like clockwork. There is absolutely NO issue with this.

13. I would assume that Stryker had a way of limiting his powers, like maybe forcing him to wear a full body suit so if he tried to charge he would blow himself up.

14. Ok so it was conveinient, its also conveinient that Xavier made a machine that can find every mutant in the world using his powers. Its Xavier, he knows when the right time to step in is

15. Maybe they are Magneto's kids, maybe they aren't. But if they were he might not know where they are, and even if he did....ITS MAGNETO! He is such a bastard to his children that he would probably wait to see if they could escape themselves. Survival of the fittest is his thing.

16. I used to wear a thick mental chain attached to my wallet and all but one of my teachers had a problem with it. This is not that unbelievable.

17. Its GAMBIT! Have you ever read any Gambit, he can do thing FAR more amazing than this.

18. This was NOT in the 70's or 80's! It was actually still set in the "not to distant future" just 15 years before the events of X1.

19. The "I'm Candaian" remark was a joke, basically telling Styker to **** off. Don't read more into it than what it was.

20. The adimantium, the strongest metal known to man, stoped the optic blasts, and he didn't "charge" anything, he simply reflected them with his claws. Light + Mirror = Reflection. This principle is used with lasers ever day in REAL science, why can't science fiction has it too? In fact.....its the most realistc thing in any X-Men film lol.
1. I can make up excuses for it too. Plain and simple is they broke continuity for whatever dumb reason and didn't care to explain it. Scott's blast in X1 was at full power and it had no heat effects.

2. There was a bridge if you would read other posts that people have said they saw. However, everyone arriving on the island didn't stop the guy in the army suit to ask him what was happening as he trotted down the long bridge.

3. Why didn't he go after Creed right then? Creed was just minutes ahead of him but Wolverine was such an animal that he sat down and cried over his woman's body. Wolverine has super smell yet he couldn't figure out that wasn't her blood and he didn't sniff around and follow Creed. It was just poorly executed and only done for the lame plot twist.

4. Yes! The first thing you want to do with a guy who can make tornadoes like Tazz is to open his cage and let him go peepee. Or, you can pull up a chair and play cards with Gambit in his cell

5. If he could regrow his claws, why did that scene show so much emphasis on them being broken? He heals like lightning in this movie so why didn't they grow back right then and he continue to fight Creed?

6. I think Stryker's line was to kill Logan beacuse he was done with him. If not, he should have erased his memory before turning him into an unstoppable machine.

7. Yes he did. When he was teleporting

8. Yeah, every time I go see my old friends to ask them questions we must first box. Wolverine needed information and he was going to try to pound Blob's face in and he even put on boxing gloves...it was cheesy and lame.

9. You are correct sir! You bested me this time but not again! It was just so quick I remembered him running out the door in the room and then he cuts out. The entire Weapon X scene should have been, could have been epic.

10. He had tools to escape. You don't sit in a cell and wait to be murdered or experimented on further. If he blasted Creed, it wouldn't have done anything as it happened in the final battle.

11. I am sure Gambit totally came back to give Logan his jacket back

12. I guess Wolverine's job was to stand in the corner.

13. HAHA okay. I would still totally go into a dangerous captives cell and play cards with him! What would they bet with as Gambit has nothing? I raise you an eye lash!

14. Xavier totally knows when the right time to step in is! Like allowing kids to be experimented on for 6 years

15. If Charles knows where mutants are ala Cerebro as you mentioned, then Erik would know as they are friends. If my kids went missing, wouldn't you go to your friend that can find them anywhere in the world?

16. I would love to see a high school were teachers allow kids to wear sunglasses in class. I guess that sassy Spanish teacher ain't having it today though.

17. I guess he can teleport now.

18. Did you see the clothes and the cars? Do you know when the disaster at Three Mile Island happened?

19. It was such a funny joke that nobody laughed in my theatre.

20. There are huge gaps in his claws that would allow the laser to go through and secondly, he stopped the blast and they didn't reflect anywhere until he pushed with his strength so you applying physics to that scene isn't going to work as they threw physics out the window.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 05-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #87
Kent
The Lord of Thwipp

Quote:
18. Did you see the clothes and the cars? Do you know when the disaster at Three Mile Island happened?
This is absolutely true. The ending implies that it is 1979.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #88
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
This is like scripture..

I noticed someone mentioned that Wolverine can also bend his arms despite having blades in them, like Barakapool. Well it was clearly shown that his claws retract back well past the wrist, so he would be able to bend his arms.
This argument has never bothered me. There have been tons of artists who've drawn Wolverine with massive claws that would in no way fit in his forearms. Who cares?? It's a fantasty world full of people with super long tongues and laser beams coming out of their eyes and you're worried about whether or not someone could bend their arms realisticly?

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #89
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
This argument has never bothered me. There have been tons of artists who've drawn Wolverine with massive claws that would in no way fit in his forearms. Who cares?? It's a fantasty world full of people with super long tongues and laser beams coming out of their eyes and you're worried about whether or not someone could bend their arms realisticly?
Throwing out all common sense and physics can make a really crappy movie. Whose to say that in the future a mutation causes someone to have a frog like tongue or allow someone to generate eye beams. I can tell you that in the future that when you have indestructible metal between your joints...you can't bend your limbs.

Wolverine's claws are housed in his forearm when retracted.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #90
ChaoticPsylocke
Edges I like 'em Rough.

that is my one true problem, wolverine blocking the optic blasts when he has huge gaps between each blade/claw

they shouldve thought of some other way to let that scene play out

ChaoticPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #91
baTT
Shark Repellent Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Canucklehead View Post

Thanks, you pretty much saved me the trouble of answering those.

Why So Serious Pics LA 4.28.08
baTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #92
Metal Spidey
Spider-Man rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post

If you only judged the workprint this may be valid. But in the final version there certainly is a bridge.
He knows this already, so many people have pointed this out without seeing if someone else already has. Geez!

Quote:

I dont know if those were officially Magnetos kids(even if they were the characters doesnt mean they are related in this universe). I would assume that Magneto and Charles have parted ways at this point.
I think he's trying to say that Magneto should have been rescued his children from a mostly metal stronghold.

Quote:

Yeah and ?
And Gambit is not that hardcore despite whatever a Gambit fan might think.

Quote:

The government has these things. Doesn't mean the public would also.
So you worked for the government in the 70's-80's?

Metal Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #93
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
16. I would love to see a high school were teachers allow kids to wear sunglasses in class. I guess that sassy Spanish teacher ain't having it today though.
If Scott's parents bad any brains they would have given his school a note saying that he had an eye condition. Apparently though, either the writers don't think that far ahead, or Scott was planning on suing that teacher's ass for disability discrimination.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #94
Heretic
Side-Kick

The magneto in these movies would NOT have stood for mutants being kindapped, imprisoned and genetically manipulated. Whether his kids were there or not, he would have done something.

You could say that Magneto was not yet at that point in these films...that maybe after hearing the stories from what happened that he became enraged...maybe his children died shortly after getting to the school and it infuriated him...I dont know....just trying to make sense of something that I shouldnt have to.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #95
calibud
Side-Kick

I think aside from the most obvious plot holes/halfassery in this movie, the ONE thing that got to me was Fred Dukes.

Alright, so Stryker has Victor assigned to go around and kill the old team and he also has Zero as his right hand man. Wraith knows that Zero and Fred are "pretty close". Wouldn't the first thing Stryker have Victor do after Wolverine escapes is kill Wraith and Blob? Blob is the only one who (vaguely) knows about 3 Mile Island aside from Gambit, who wouldn't have even been located by Wolverine if Blob was not killed to begin with.

Stryker is an idiot in this movie. Instead of trying to sever all connections between Wolverine and himself, he ignores it after he escapes and continues on with his experiment. No priorities.

= I don't really count Cyclops not escaping from the island as a plothole. He might be able to blast his way out but he'd kill a few innocent prisoners and then be gunned down while he felt his way towards the exit. I think the real plothole is that he has somehow devised ruby-quartz sunglasses for himself. Of course, it could just be that a red filter somehow absorbs his beams. Who knows?

= Magneto didn't know about his children for a while in the comics, did he? Or he despised them? Even if he is aware of them (somewhere outside what we were shown in this film), that's not a plothole. They're not established as his kids. Nightcrawler was not even close to being hinted as Mystique's son. Same with Rogue. And I don't recall Illyana Rasputin being in X3...

= Another thing that really bothers me is the picking and choosing of when it's convenient for Wolverine to have his heightened senses and when it isn't. That is just poor writing.

Screw the anachronisms. There were bigger problems with this movie.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #96
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Lycan View Post

Also why give Wolverine adamantium in the first place? Didn't stryker have enough test subjects? If the requirement was to have a healing factor well Sabretooth could have done it.
Because (a) Sabretooth is psychotic (b) unpredictable and (c) untrustworthy.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #97
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
This is absolutely true. The ending implies that it is 1979.
implied, maybe, but, not said...

this is still set in a fictional world, were in which this could of been just set to look like three mile island, or even an alternate version, that never had the accident...

or could of been set, after the original accident, that they had it rebuild, allowing them to design it to suit they needs...

I'd prefer to assume no set time line

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 05-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #98
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
So is Wolverine, he could have killed Stryker whenever he trusted but due to poor plot and whatnot, he just was okay getting fooled around everywhere. :P

Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #99
chaseter
Bland User

It was in the past...look at the clothes, look at the cars, look at the time line of events. Weapon X occurred in the past.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #100
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
Sabretooth did nothing to compromise his relationship with Stryker and worked for him for years and years and I would assume did whatever he was told.