View Poll Results: New actor?
Yes! 50 29.07%
No, I want Jackman! 100 58.14%
Not sure. 22 12.79%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #126
FrostBite
Behind you.

Default Re: Aynone else kinda done with Jackman's Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
Exactly. He is so much better on the game, you would think he'd have some sort of revelation while doing the voice recording and seeing the action line up with the vocals. That game is very much Wolverine, and Hugh is great in it. Why couldn't some of that be portrayed in the movie is anyone's guess...
Please... Hugh didn't even know the game was violent (I'm not joking.) IGN said they were briefed before their interview to keep violence out of the conversation because Hugh wasn't aware the game was violent / bloody.

40% protein/30% carbs/30% fat on an extreme caloric deficit. Training to get Wolverine shredded over the next 4-5 weeks. If I sound super crass/Logan like to you, keep in mind my body is mad at me and my brain is lacking serotonin. ;) It's nothing personal.
FrostBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #127
returntovoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBite View Post
Please... Hugh didn't even know the game was violent (I'm not joking.) IGN said they were briefed before their interview to keep violence out of the conversation because Hugh wasn't aware the game was violent / bloody.
Yeah, I was listening to that Podcast on the weekend.

Last edited by returntovoid; 05-03-2009 at 10:59 PM.
returntovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #128
PWN3R
mowing lawns

Quote:
Dude, the game is sadistically violent. You mean to tell me he didn't get a glimpse of that while doing the voice recording?

That last bit of your post, man, what the mess?

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #129
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

He doesn't know how violent the game is? That's crazy.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #130
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

I said yes because I just want a reboot. But he is a great Wolverine and now that he's older, he really is starting to fit into the character incredibly well. My only problem with him was A) Too tall but not a big deal and B) He's too much of a "hunky" Wolverine. Wolverine is supposed to be this hairy, not necessarily good looking character and Jackman seems to be the opposite.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #131
chaseter
Bland User

I love Jackman as Wolverine but I don't think he understands the character as much as he thinks he does and if he does, then I would like for him to stick up for the character instead of allowing them to change the core of the character. I am scared that he thinks he is making a great movie (come on Hugh, I know you read the ladder slash scene in the script...come on) and after this, I only fear it will remain crap or get worse as he was a producer.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #132
CelticPredator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Hey, it worked....he couldnt ask them to tone it down...

**** that game is great.

CelticPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #133
The Slang
Side-Kick

As an Australian, Im proud to see a fellow aussie in the role of one of my favoured marvel characters. Hugh Jackman does a good job with the part, and is generally a good actor, but there most DEFINATELY could have been someone better suited to play wolverine. For everyone that says hugh jackman isn't too soft as wolverine, is probably not aware that he's spent a good chunk of his career here, dancing around topless in flamboyant broadway musicals with a big stupid smile on his face. Without trying to insult Hugh, I gotta say that his friendly-pretty boy qualities shine through too much. Ive yet to see anyone do better, but hugh jackman's wolverine was too soft and too tall in my opinion. But I still enjoyed the movies.

The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #134
FrostBite
Behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returntovoid View Post
Yeah, I was listening to that Podcast on the weekend.
Scoop!

Quote:
Dude, the game is sadistically violent. You mean to tell me he didn't get a glimpse of that while doing the voice recording?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Yeah... it actually kind of made me lose a bit of respect for Hugh when I look back on the interview where he went on and on... about how he was so "involved" with the project (the game) and oversaw most of it's content...

Yet, apparently, he didn't know in the first ten minutes you shove a mans head into the blades of a helicopter... -sigh- Oversaw my butt and eyeball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
Hey, it worked....he couldnt ask them to tone it down...

**** that game is great.
It was pretty good. Worth my rental but I could see it getting old. For a movie game though... holy-wtf-excellent.

40% protein/30% carbs/30% fat on an extreme caloric deficit. Training to get Wolverine shredded over the next 4-5 weeks. If I sound super crass/Logan like to you, keep in mind my body is mad at me and my brain is lacking serotonin. ;) It's nothing personal.
FrostBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #135
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot

I'm not done with Jackman's Wolverine, I'm just done with to much Wolverine & his silly hairdo.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #136
Jacky
Side-Kick

I'm not done with him by far. Jackman is, IMO, THE movie-verse Wolverine. He's a very devoted actor (who else would get a body like that for just one movie?), he's talented, and he can pull of that Grrr-look.
Complains about him being too short etc are unvalid in my humble opinion, his height has nothing to do with whether or not he can portray the character.

Jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #137
Nathan

Quote:

I also find it hard to believe that he wouldn't know a thing about the violence, but it would've been possible to keep him in the dark if they wanted.

The opening cinematic for the PSP game is exactly like the PS3/360 versions, with the exception that he kills robots and there is no blood. He could've voiced all the none bloody clips and later Raven could have changed the cinematics and added the blood in the game.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 AM   #138
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Quote:
Yet, apparently, he didn't know in the first ten minutes you shove a mans head into the blades of a helicopter... -sigh- Oversaw my butt and eyeball.
You got my attention, dear sirs.

Youtubing videos now.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #139
[A]
Banned User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Now that's Wolverine.

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 AM   #140
Nathan

Here's the opening cinematic of the game, it's crazy violent. Gives you an idea of what Zack Snyder's Wolverine probably could've looked like.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 AM   #141
Nameless1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Here's the opening cinematic of the game, it's crazy violent. Gives you an idea of what Zack Snyder's Wolverine probably could've looked like.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
HOLY CRAP! I need to get this now!

Nameless1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #142
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by [A] View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Now that's Wolverine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That animated intro was so cool.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:22 AM   #143
dark_b
Side-Kick

i like how dirty hes white shirt is.

now that i think about it why was he so clean at teh end of the movei? he doesnt have any super suit on. ssome dirt one hes shirt would make him look mroe badass IMO. since blood couldnt be used.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #144
Nivek
Banned User

Unstable molecules wife beater, made by Reed Richards.

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #145
returntovoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_a_victim View Post
Everyone here needs to go read that 1994 script. That is truly a comic Wolverine. I just read another DR scene, where they are playing a type of "capture the flag" game. Cyclops beats Wolverine to the flag by a second. Wolverine offers to shake Cyclops' hand in a gesture of sportsmanship, but instead punches Cyclops when he takes the bait. Wolverine picks up the flag, and the end-of-game bell sounds. Wolverine wins.
That, my friends is Wolverine.
I agree. Also, I liked the fact that Wolverine didn't overshadow other characters in that script.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #146
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [A] View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Now that's Wolverine.
Awesome stuff, if only we could see that in a movie, but not with Fox and Jackman.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #147
Be Snikt-Happy
Im changing Daken

Good Not Perfect
Jackman is a good Wolverine but not the PERFECT Wolverine as someone said. Thats just kidding yourself or admitting you werent a big fan of Wolverine in the first place.

It isn't just Jackman
Its not even Jackman's fault. It could be Ratner's. Ratner was the director and he directed Jackman in a toned down direction. You might have mixed feelings about Ratner. He gave the X series life on the big screen and decent enough that movies were made that we actually cared about them. But at the same time, Im a big Wolverine fan and what Ratner did was the basis for how the masses would see Wolverine. He made it appealing to both fans and the general public, but people can see that as tweaking Wolverine into another people's favor. Changed just for acceptance and popularity. Yuck.

Soul of the Character
Wolverine is a feral beast. Jackman is awesome but with his natural Australian and him trying to get the American accent down, it meets somewhere in the middle and he sounds British lol. Wolverine is written to be witty and when fighting brutal... almost like a bad guy.

Wolverine is deeper than an angry man with claws and the movies don't often show that. Yes they show a soft side. But the wit isn't there. The snarkiness is kind of there. It really does just feel like a cranky Jackman. It's not his fault though, the director chooses how he wants Wolverine portrayed.

Who else?
Hugh Jackman was god sent to Ratner. He could sell a movie and he did. Who else did you guys think could make a good Wolverine? I think Thomas Jane had a good look...but he effin did the Punisher so that's a no go. Jane had the body, the face, gritty voice, and in his movies he's always getting effed up and thrashed.

Ever see him like the comics
I think the only way we can get him like in the comics is through re-boot which won't happen in about 10 years.

This is a good Wolverine, but not Perfect.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #148
Be Snikt-Happy
Im changing Daken

Personality wise, this is a great rendition of Wolverine:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Be Snikt-Happy; 05-04-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Be Snikt-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #149
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Unstable molecules wife beater, made by Reed Richards.
Hehe.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #150
returntovoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Snikt-Happy View Post
Good Not Perfect
Jackman is a good Wolverine but not the PERFECT Wolverine as someone said. Thats just kidding yourself or admitting you werent a big fan of Wolverine in the first place.

It isn't just Jackman
Its not even Jackman's fault. It could be Ratner's. Ratner was the director and he directed Jackman in a toned down direction. You might have mixed feelings about Ratner. He gave the X series life on the big screen and decent enough that movies were made that we actually cared about them. But at the same time, Im a big Wolverine fan and what Ratner did was the basis for how the masses would see Wolverine. He made it appealing to both fans and the general public, but people can see that as tweaking Wolverine into another people's favor. Changed just for acceptance and popularity. Yuck.

Soul of the Character
Wolverine is a feral beast. Jackman is awesome but with his natural Australian and him trying to get the American accent down, it meets somewhere in the middle and he sounds British lol. Wolverine is written to be witty and when fighting brutal... almost like a bad guy.

Wolverine is deeper than an angry man with claws and the movies don't often show that. Yes they show a soft side. But the wit isn't there. The snarkiness is kind of there. It really does just feel like a cranky Jackman. It's not his fault though, the director chooses how he wants Wolverine portrayed.

Who else?
Hugh Jackman was god sent to Ratner. He could sell a movie and he did. Who else did you guys think could make a good Wolverine? I think Thomas Jane had a good look...but he effin did the Punisher so that's a no go. Jane had the body, the face, gritty voice, and in his movies he's always getting effed up and thrashed.

Ever see him like the comics
I think the only way we can get him like in the comics is through re-boot which won't happen in about 10 years.

This is a good Wolverine, but not Perfect.
I totally agree.