The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 08-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #326
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

See, I think the Ultron army would be too derivative of the Chitauri.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #327
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
See, I think the Ultron army would be too derivative of the Chitauri.
Not sure, but I think my idea would have enough story with the army of Ultron taken out.
Just put them there because they were in Ultron Unlimited, and explained how Ultron murdered an entire island so far, and Gave them more to fight than just one tough robot.
But I agree, wouldn't want it to be too similar to Avengers 1. Perhaps the army isn't complete yet, and there is only a small handful building other drones. The plan would still be the replace all life on Earth with the robot drones.
Added idea
Ultron wants to destroy all life on Earth, but he wants a wife/girlfriend and companions (which is why he plans to use the Avenger's minds to give his drones their own personalities). So even though he rejects humanity he still is mimicking it.

AND
Vision should look like a robotic Vision version of hank Pym. Ultron consciously or subconsciously made Vision look like his father. Perhaps as a way to remind Pym of his failure, the weapon of Ultron's destruction of the Avengers looks like Hank Pym the man who made Ultron to begin with. A way to jab the knife in deeper. Or perhaps without knowing Ultron made him look like Pym out of some unrealized sense of family or something.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #328
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'd rather there not be an Ultron army. It's way too similar and too soon after Avengers. I rather they focus on how this robot can handle everyone or be near indestructible with his ability to rebuild and adapt.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #329
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I'm definitely for a one-man army being a major problem. Maybe he can field a Vision or a Jocasta, but in general, Ultron should be the guy who can take on all the Avengers at once with his bare hands. It doesn't hurt that he can take Nukes to the chest or electronically hold the entire world hostage (perhaps with said nukes?)

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #330
YoungCA

Maybe a secret invasion story could work?

YoungCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #331
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

^^Don't think they will do another alien invasion story for the sequel.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #332
YoungCA

Masters of Evil then lol
They could use the upcoming movies to put them together, and have em all team up for avengers 2

YoungCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #333
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I'd quite like to see the psychological effects being mind-controlled by Loki and the Tesseract have on Dr Selvig and Hawkeye.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #334
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
I'd quite like to see the psychological effects being mind-controlled by Loki and the Tesseract have on Dr Selvig and Hawkeye.
I'm more interested in finding out what powers and knowledge the Tesseract gave them. Hawkeye was able to see his next target (see the immediate future, basically), and Selvig talked about gaining some type of universal knowledge by looking into it.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #335
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm more interested in finding out what powers and knowledge the Tesseract gave them. Hawkeye was able to see his next target (see the immediate future, basically), and Selvig talked about gaining some type of universal knowledge by looking into it.
But wasn't Loki's control no more once it was interrupted so to speak? Just asking, I don't know.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #336
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
You're right. What if in A2 it's revealed that Hawkeye can see the future, and Selvig knows what all this alien and Asgardian stuff is, potentially having him explain what the Infinity Gems are?

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 09-30-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #337
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
****, you're right. What if in A2 it's revealed that Hawkeye can see the future, and Selvig knows what all this alien and Asgardian stuff is, potentially having him explain what the Infinity Gems are?
I hope you're kidding

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #338
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

lol

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #339
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
But wasn't Loki's control no more once it was interrupted so to speak? Just asking, I don't know.
Possibly, but I doubt it. Loki didn't have anything to do with what they saw when they were around the Tesseract, or whatever powers or arcane knowledge they might have gained.

Quote:
You're right. What if in A2 it's revealed that Hawkeye can see the future, and Selvig knows what all this alien and Asgardian stuff is, potentially having him explain what the Infinity Gems are?
Hope so.
Selvig, especially, can suddenly be excused for gaining some kind of universal knowledge about the Asgardians and Thanos and all that stuff. He could become every Marvel screenwriter's favorite plot device.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #340
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I can picture Hawkeye delivering some kind of prophecy for what's going to happen at the end of the movie.

"The heroes fall."

Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #341
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I can picture Hawkeye delivering some kind of prophecy for what's going to happen at the end of the movie.

"The heroes fall."
It's not out of the question. I noticed that Joss was playing with his nickname from the very beginning, indicating that Hawkeye has some kind of sixth sense or "hawk vision" already that allows him to make spectacular shots without looking, know what weak points to hit, the best angle of attack, etc. In his first appearance in TA, Hawkeye tells Fury he can see things better from his "nest".

Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #342
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
:that patrick stewart picture:

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #343
Adamantium
Your King

Would it be so wrong if Black Widow was killed. I can't think of another major player that could be axed. Maybe even Hawkeye. If Iron Man goes the Extremis route...you can't kill him either, right?

I really, really, really, really, hope they aren't in NYC the whole time. No disrespect, and I know NYC is central in all the comics, but I hope they are all over the place in the next one.

Thor could Portal them to Asgard for there Victory dinner too.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #344
Lord
All Mighty

I don't mind Hawkeye making quick calculations in his head and predicting some events, but not actually seeing the future, that's lame.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #345
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Would it be so wrong if Black Widow was killed. I can't think of another major player that could be axed. Maybe even Hawkeye. If Iron Man goes the Extremis route...you can't kill him either, right?

I really, really, really, really, hope they aren't in NYC the whole time. No disrespect, and I know NYC is central in all the comics, but I hope they are all over the place in the next one.

Thor could Portal them to Asgard for there Victory dinner too.
Asgardian bilgesnipe shawarma!

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #346
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Hawkeye doesn't have superpowers, he's just kind of an anomaly like Bullseye. He has above average coordination and reflexes.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #347
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I don't mind Hawkeye making quick calculations in his head and predicting some events, but not actually seeing the future, that's lame.
Oh I don't mean full-on visions of the future. I just mean like a quick flash of something (e.g Asgard burning) in a dream. It would add to the idea that no mortal is a match for the Tesseract.

Quote:
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #348
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Oh I don't mean full-on visions of the future. I just mean like a quick flash of something (e.g Asgard burning) in a dream. It would add to the idea that no mortal is a match for the Tesseract.
Would it? It sounds like it would create the idea that touching the Tesseract gives you super powers.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #349
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
It's not out of the question. I noticed that Joss was playing with his nickname from the very beginning, indicating that Hawkeye has some kind of sixth sense or "hawk vision" already that allows him to make spectacular shots without looking, know what weak points to hit, the best angle of attack, etc. In his first appearance in TA, Hawkeye tells Fury he can see things better from his "nest".
Okay Sam, lets not be making things up. lol I have the movie, I've watched it over 50 times (sadly). I don't think there was anything of the sort, regarding a sixth sense, or "hawk vision". I think all his cool stuff, was simply badass-ness for the movie.

And for the bolder part, here is what happened.

Fury and selvig are talking, I thought we prepared for this dr, harnessing energy from outer space....she's an energy source yada yada yada.

Then Fury asks selvig "where's agent barton?"
Selvig: "*snickers* The Hawk? He's up in his nest"

"agent barton, report"

then clint comes down

Fury: "I thought I told you to keep a close eye on this project" (something like that)

Barton: "Yeah, I see better from a distance"

Personally, I think you guys are thinking WAY too into this

Quote:
Hawkeye doesn't have superpowers, he's just kind of an anomaly like Bullseye. He has above average coordination and reflexes.

bingo, the whole, no looking shots, and all the things he did, to me it was for being cool, and for plot

Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #350
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Personally, I think you guys are thinking WAY too into this
Yep.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote