The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #151
sauronthegreat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I believe Black Widow and Hawkeye will be regular characters in Cap's solo franchise, since Steve stays with SHIELD and Nick Fury. I see Baron Zemo as a logical choice for Cap America sequel, but along with Taskmaster will be epic.

sauronthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #152
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

^Agreed. I think it'll be hard to put Taskmaster in Avengers without derailing it though. I mean, you have to make Hyrda the villain for the whole Avengers, and basically ignore the Thanos storyline for it to work.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #153
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauronthegreat View Post
I believe Black Widow and Hawkeye will be regular characters in Cap's solo franchise, since Steve stays with SHIELD and Nick Fury. I see Baron Zemo as a logical choice for Cap America sequel, but along with Taskmaster will be epic.
I'm all for seeing more Black Widow and Hawkeye somewhere, but I think it would be very unfair to shove extra heroes into Cap's solo movie(s) while letting characters like Thor and Iron Man have the spotlight all to themselves in their respective films. I'd rather see a SHIELD film that lets the SHIELD agents (including Fury) get their due. Plus, it would be a great excuse to bring back Clark Gregg in a SHIELD prequel.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #154
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

^^Agreed, for the most part. Don't think it needs to be a prequel, though.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #155
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm all for seeing more Black Widow and Hawkeye somewhere, but I think it would be very unfair to shove extra heroes into Cap's solo movie(s) while letting characters like Thor and Iron Man have the spotlight all to themselves in their respective films. I'd rather see a SHIELD film that lets the SHIELD agents (including Fury) get their due. Plus, it would be a great excuse to bring back Clark Gregg in a SHIELD prequel.

I'm gonna disagree with you and here is why:

Cap, while kicking a lot of ass, is easily the least visually appealing character of the lot....when he fights its' beat down city, sure, but he doesn't bring a whole lot of flair....so how do you counter this? lots and lots of beat downs....Avengers worked better as a cap movie than TFA did because it gave cap an insurmountable number or foes to beat down so it was both a believable challenge for a super solider and offered a lot of potential beat down options..

the problem is, once the numbers of bad guys go up to make the fighting scenes more interesting the believablity that Cap can do it all himself (i.e. beat everyone down and save the day) goes down.

and AIM with assistance from Taskmaster or Winter Solider is the perfect Cap storyline to use Hawk, Widow and Shield because it has a counter threat on the level with Shield and a counter threat on the level of Cap

If you replace the 8 or so Howling Commando's with Hawkeye and Black Widow you can spend more time developing Hawk and Widow then worrying about 8 guys essentially

Cap is going to need a sidekick option, so the SHIELD crew seems like it would make a lot of sense as we already know them and like them

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #156
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Scarlett Johansson has already said that she wont be in Iron Man 3, but she would love to do a solo Black Widow film and make it like a Bourne Identity type film. So I think she would also refuse to play second banana to Captain America in his solo film too. And Renner is taking up the Bourne franchise too, so I doubt he will want to continue playing second banana as well.
I think they are probably signed up for some solo films for their character in case the public wanted to see a solo Hawkeye movie and a solo Black Widow, and I am sure they are signed for at least 3 Avenger films. But I can only see them showing up in other super films if they have it in their contract that they had to. I have heard Chris Evans has said that he only did the Cap movie and the Avenger movie because RDJ told him it would be great for his career. And now he is signed for sequels, so as long as its in his contract he will do them. But he doesn't really want to.
So I am thinking these actors might only do whats in their contract, and since it seems Johansson doesn't have more cameos or other films besides a solo and more Avengers in her contract, I don't think the others would either.
So I don't think we will see Hawkeye pop up in a Cap movie, or Thor show up in an Iron Man film. I would love to see Banner show up in Tony's lab or Stark pop in to a Cap film as a friend he eats lunch with, but I don't think much of that will happen.

Also, for me personally, I don't want to see BW or Hawkeye in a Cap film. I sort of feel they would take some of the spotlight away from Cap. He needs his own solo film. SHIELD agents like Fury or Hill, or Carter, wouldn't because they are almost background characters, but Hawkeye and BW are now recognizable.
Let Cap have his own film.

Taskmaster wouldn't derail the avengers, I think. It does depend on where the movies go. But if they handle Thanos in Avenger 2 or save him for Avengers 3 you still have one movie where they don't use him, unless its done in 2 and 3. But I think one of the Avengers films, with the original cast (they should keep it going past 3 films) should focus on the human element. How do the public see and treat the Avengers and what does their appearance mean for super criminals?
Just like Fury said to Iron Man and in the Avengers, more and more superheroes are popping up. But also more and more super villains. The Avengers movies should deal with the rise in super villains and what would happen if they banded together or if a terrorist organization used them. What if Hydra was hiding this whole time since Captain America's film? Maybe with the Avengers showing up their secret world domination plans are derailed so now they have to deal with the Avengers.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #157
Blackman
C'mon Son

Am I the only one who think CIvil War wouldnt be good for the MCU?

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #158
Lord
All Mighty

Right now it would be a bad idea, if they're planing on this trilogy being about Thanos then they shouldn't touch that story yet, they should wait some time after the MCU is more crowded to do Civil War.

I believe this first trilogy is Joss Whedon's, Rowdey Downey Jr's, Chris Evans's, etc ERA, i heard that they were going to follow the Bond route, so that leaves other people and those that return to do other stories after Avengers 3, i hope Civil War eventually happens, but now's too early.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #159
Zarex
Side-Kick

I also think that the Civil War storyline is a bad fit for the MCU. There are only 7 superheroes currently in existence (counting Rhodey), and only three have superhuman abilities (counting Cap). None of them are vigilanties or have secret identies. I'm not sure how it would work.

I would love to see Ultron as the villain in the Avengers sequel. He can be introduced as a JARVIS type AI in the Ant-Man film, and then turn on his "father" after taking conrol of Hank's encephalo helmet and creating a robot body to go with it. After being confiscated by SHIELD at the end of the picture, Ultron can plant his head on top of the previously confiscated Destroyer armor, providing an indestructible foe for the Avengers sequel.

I am not sure how to introduce the Vision, but I wouldn't be shocked if Whedon goes with a female version of the character if he returns to direct the sequel.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #160
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I will be pissed if Civil War is made into a movie, unless it is a dtv animated.

Donnie Darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #161
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I also think that the Civil War storyline is a bad fit for the MCU. There are only 7 superheroes currently in existence (counting Rhodey), and only three have superhuman abilities (counting Cap). None of them are vigilanties or have secret identies. I'm not sure how it would work
That's what I was gonna say. No secret identities. They seem to be on decent working terms with SHIELD

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #162
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I'm more stuck on the fact there's so few of them. 6 guys can't have a war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
Scarlett Johansson has already said that she wont be in Iron Man 3, but she would love to do a solo Black Widow film and make it like a Bourne Identity type film. So I think she would also refuse to play second banana to Captain America in his solo film too. And Renner is taking up the Bourne franchise too, so I doubt he will want to continue playing second banana as well.
I think they are probably signed up for some solo films for their character in case the public wanted to see a solo Hawkeye movie and a solo Black Widow, and I am sure they are signed for at least 3 Avenger films. But I can only see them showing up in other super films if they have it in their contract that they had to. I have heard Chris Evans has said that he only did the Cap movie and the Avenger movie because RDJ told him it would be great for his career. And now he is signed for sequels, so as long as its in his contract he will do them. But he doesn't really want to.
So I am thinking these actors might only do whats in their contract, and since it seems Johansson doesn't have more cameos or other films besides a solo and more Avengers in her contract, I don't think the others would either.
So I don't think we will see Hawkeye pop up in a Cap movie, or Thor show up in an Iron Man film. I would love to see Banner show up in Tony's lab or Stark pop in to a Cap film as a friend he eats lunch with, but I don't think much of that will happen.

Also, for me personally, I don't want to see BW or Hawkeye in a Cap film. I sort of feel they would take some of the spotlight away from Cap. He needs his own solo film. SHIELD agents like Fury or Hill, or Carter, wouldn't because they are almost background characters, but Hawkeye and BW are now recognizable.
Let Cap have his own film.

Taskmaster wouldn't derail the avengers, I think. It does depend on where the movies go. But if they handle Thanos in Avenger 2 or save him for Avengers 3 you still have one movie where they don't use him, unless its done in 2 and 3. But I think one of the Avengers films, with the original cast (they should keep it going past 3 films) should focus on the human element. How do the public see and treat the Avengers and what does their appearance mean for super criminals?
Just like Fury said to Iron Man and in the Avengers, more and more superheroes are popping up. But also more and more super villains. The Avengers movies should deal with the rise in super villains and what would happen if they banded together or if a terrorist organization used them. What if Hydra was hiding this whole time since Captain America's film? Maybe with the Avengers showing up their secret world domination plans are derailed so now they have to deal with the Avengers.
I dunno man, all the movie deals we know of don't seem to specify solo vs team. It's just six movies. I don't think they *can* refuse, and even if they could, just because they don't get a solo movie doesn't mean they would refuse to be a supporting character. How many films is ScarJo contracted for? I didn't think anyone knew that.

Me personally, I also would prefer that BW, Fury and Hawkeye get focus in a SHIELD film, as opposed to just being Cap supporting cast, but I also acknowledge that the most likely outcome is that they will be Cap supporting cast, and I can only hope they get good development and set pieces like the supporting cast in IM2.

Same with Taskmaster, they could do a Masters of Evil type storyline, and all the people on this forum would probably love it, but it doesn't vibe with 'smaller.'

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #163
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I also think that the Civil War storyline is a bad fit for the MCU. There are only 7 superheroes currently in existence (counting Rhodey),
Don't know about that. Those 7 are the only ones we've seen so far, but Fury sure has made statements that makes it seem they aren't alone. But either way, I agree that Civil War wouldn't currently work.

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #164
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Civil War is a bad idea if they keep it true to the comics....too many characters are needed...

but I think a few movies down the road they could have elements of the Civil War and merge it with a Skrulls storyline.

Like have the Skrulls kidnapped Tony Stark and replace him with a Skrull (but that isn't revealed till later in the movie) and Stark and Rogers have a big philosphical dispute that pits Avengers vs one another and then they figure the plot out and it works as a backdoor way of introducing the Skrulls to set up a Kree-Skrull storyline

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #165
warhorse78
Side-Kick

After watching some movies over the weekend, Sunshine, 28 Weeks Later and Kick Ass, I realized these movies are up a notch in the quality department, due to awesome scores from John Murphy.

So, I'd love it if Murphy would be given a chance to tackle some amazing themes for The Avengers. Just my two cents.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #166
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!

Here is how you do it. *Nick fury is looking for new recruits for the avengers 2 and hopefully 3(with all of the cast). . .

WARMACHINE(Rhodes)
At the recommendation of the US government and Tony Stark, war machine is folded into the mix, although his role is mainly as a substitute in case of iron man being MIA. *He has trouble with*conflicting duties between the USA's priorities and that of shield. *In the final fight he is brought into action as a wingman for stark.

ANT-MAN(s)
Ant Man 2 is brought into the mix via Hank pym(ant man 1 who is now a retired superhero and shield scientist). *Scott Lang is antman 2 a contemporary of stark and banner. *I imagine him much like Ian Malcolm of the Jurassic park series. *I think the stealing of the antman suit can be explained that Tony stark believes he plagiarized Pym's work instead of elaborating on it. *In the final battle antman 2 unveils something he has been working on with Pym's help. *He becomes Giant man/goliath.(there also could be subtle hints throughout the film of pym and Lang helping him work on ultron)

SPIDER-MAN
Spiderman is a tough one, but I would love to see disney and Sony work together on this. *It could be a cash cow. *I think it would be hard to incorporate him in just one movie, but it could be done. *The amazing spiderman would have to take place before the incredible hulk and I believe the second spiderman could take place right at the incredible hulk.

I would love for green goblin to be he villain in TAS2 and for the death of gwen Stacy to occur. *This would cause spiderman to think about giving up in the spiderman role. *Which he does at the end symbolized by him burning the spiderman suit.

In an after credits scene you have nick fury talk to him. *It is revealed that the destruction of new York has occurred at the hands of the hulk and abomination. *And nick fury learned the identity of spiderman because Peter began saving people in the aftermath of the damage.

Nick fury knowing that Peter has
Given up his role of spiderman comes to visit Peter. *He gives him his words of sentiment. *Telling him the famous line(with great power). *He says that he will have his eye on him and leaves.

Here comes the avengers 2. *The opening scene some bad stuff happens and they need some guys. *Spiderman was too young the first time around so he was unable to be recruited. *Now he has chosen to join. And he is being trained by cap in combat.

It is a great way to develop the character we love with insecurities and tough choices. *You throw him into the mix with all off these heavy hitters. *They all know how to use their powers and have experience on him. *They all count him out as a rookie. *He has that since of loneliness that I felt was left out in the new film.

Stark counts him out and does not see him as a viable asset at all, but still believes he should be given a chance. *The cap does feel he is a too young and is vocal to fury about it, but he agrees to train him. *He does not want to see someone as young as peter die again.
Banner although morally against having him on the team can relate to the sense of loneliness and peters high intellect. *Banner also could become the person Peter confides in.

These were just some things I was bored and thought up.

Lots o lafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #167
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots o lafs
I would love for green goblin to be he villain in TAS2 and for the death of gwen Stacy to occur. *This would cause spiderman to think about giving up in the spiderman role. *Which he does at the end symbolized by him burning the spiderman suit.

In an after credits scene you have nick fury talk to him.

*He gives him his words of sentiment. *He says that he will have his eye on him and leaves.

Here comes the avengers 2.
It makes sense:
2013 Iron Man & Thor
2014 Captain America & Spider-Man
2015 Avengers 2

Last edited by I'm Venom; 08-01-2012 at 12:05 AM.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #168
Cassius

2 wonderman, ant man, wasp, GOTG, ultron peek
3 dead wondy, vision, ultron war

Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #169
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!

Plus I would love to see a civil war storyline develop, but you would have to have a lot of characters for that.

That is why they should start developing more of the lesser known characters.

Also they need to up captain's bad*ssery in the future. Give him speed and have him neutralize people quick. I think a perfect way to showcase cap is to give him slow motion fights where he demolishes.

Lots o lafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #170
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Not just Cap, I think they need to up Iron Man and Thor's badassery levels as well.

It felt like Thor held back alot in TA and the only time he unleashed was with that big lightning blast, I'd like to see him do some actual heavy lifting as well.

Also I'm tired of IM's suit almost "failing" him in every movie, he also doesn't have many strength feats and I'd like to see a bigger Uni-beam.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #171
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Am I the only one who think CIvil War wouldnt be good for the MCU?
Nope. Civil War was a terrible story, period. I pray to God that it never sees the light of day as a film script.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #172
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

Civil War would definitely not translate well onto film, and it wasn't even that great in the comics.

There are so many better story arcs to choose from.

OrangeCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #173
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Things I’d like to see...

- Thanos go after Loki in Asgard. Loki was warned not to fail as it would mean his head, and Thanos means to collect. Loki is a prisoner on Asgard, under the watch of not only Thor, but Odin as well. Thanos and his army attacking Asgard would look epic on screen. Seeing a battle between alien soldiers and the sorcery and swords of Asgard would be something not seen on screen before, and if Thanos' forces can defeat Asgard, what hope is there for Earth?

I’d also like to see Thanos kill Odin and utterly stomp Thor and send him crashing to Earth as a warning to The Avengers. Thanos, of course, would obtain the Teseract and start his preparations for the invasion of Earth.

- Hulk vs Thanos. This has to happen. Of course, Hulk will lose, but I want to see an effort here. Thanos wrecking The Avengers in battle, seemingly unstoppable, on the verge of killing one or all of the team, the deathblow imminent, then BOOM! Thanos turns to see Hulk landing like a meteor, coming in for the save and taking on Thanos in a brawl that would make any fight in the first movie look tame in comparison. As I said, Hulk would go down, but he could last long enough to hold Thanos back for the plot-device that ends his threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko
Captain America picks up Thor’s hammer and strikes Thanos, buying time for the others. I’d want more leadup to show how special it is that he can pick it up, as shown by Hulk not being able to lift it. People need to see how worthy Steve Rogers is.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 07-12-2012 at 02:51 AM.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #174
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Three things wrong with that

First off Odin is alot more powerful than Thanos and he was spanking him fairly easily when they fought in the comics.

Second, Thanos doesn't ever utterly stomp Thor for the most part Thor always puts up a fight.

Third, if Thanos is able to defeat Odin I'm pretty sure Hulk couldn't engage him a brawl besides Thor always faired the best against Thanos anyway.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #175
marcvader
Lurker #1

All you need to add is the "So there!", BT.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote