The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #51
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Default Re: The Official XBLA Update Thread

Here's some good news for Silver Members who are interested in the Last.fm access over Live.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/30/la...-for/#comments

Quote:
Microsoft announced at their E3 keynote last month that Last.fm would be coming to Xbox Live. We're working on an interview with key players at both Last.fm and Microsoft to bring you more details about the collaboration soon. However, we can share one tidbit: today we spoke with Christina DeRosa, a general manager for XBL, and she let us know who the service will be available to.

"Silver users will be able access what we're considering a trial period of three hours a month, which comes with video advertising. Gold users will have unlimited ad-supported access, so they can use it 24 hours a day. There will also be a premium offering on a subscription basis from Last.fm, that will be commercial free and will also have more sophisticated personalization features, like Loved Tracks."

Last.fm's subscription prices are currently $3.00 US (€3 EU or Ģ3 GBP) per month, so you'll have to shell out an additional $36 a year if you want to avoid the ads and have full access to their service. You'll also need a Last.fm account, in case you haven't set one up already. Luckily, that part is free.
Admittedly 3 hours per month isn't all that much, but it's better than being left out in the cool like originally assumed.

Now, some not so good news:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/30/sa...tion/#comments

Quote:
Anatomy of confusion:

1. At E3 earlier this month, Atlus announces that they'll be publishing Frozenbyte's very impressive co-op platformer Trine on Xbox Live Arcade.
2. Primotech is purportedly told by an Atlus representative at E3 that the Xbox Live Arcade release will feature online co-op as well as offline. Neither the PC nor PSN versions, both of which are being released much sooner than the XBLA version, will feature online co-op.
3. Shacknews links Primotech's assertion, and Joystiq in turn links that.
4. Developer Frozenbyte takes to the forums to clear the confusion, stating that "The XBLA version and its features is just speculation at this point."

Wait, what? "The XBLA version ... is just speculation at this point"?

Developer fb_joel writes, "... as developers, we would love as many people as possible to be able to play our games and therefore I hope Trine will eventually find its way to XBLA too." So, not only is Frozenbyte stating that online co-op in the Xbox Live Arcade version is "speculation" but that the XBLA release itself is speculation as well! We bet Atlus wishes someone told them that at E3!

The developer later said, "On the actual topic I will not comment as no-one knows anything about XBLA at this point, and I really hope when some people do know, I would be one of them." Yeah, we're right there with you. GamerBytes reported from E3 that Trine "hasn't been given the official nod from Microsoft for concept approval, and therefore Atlus are unable to send out press releases or other information about the game." That may explain why, when contacted for this story, Atlus responded with a very terse "no comment." We've reached out to Frozenbyte as well, and will update this story accordingly.
I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. Could just be something unexpected is hindering the XBLA version and won't effect the actual release, but right now Trine isn't officially coming out to XBLA according to the developer. Hopefully all of that can get sorted out soon

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #52
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

Alien Breed Evolution
Remake of the Team 17īs Commodore Amiga classic, and i cannot wait.
There still isnīt a confirmation who will get the game (XBLA or PSN), but i bet itīs both, so, here it is, the first screenshots

Old 07-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #53
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Nice. I love those top-down shooters.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #54
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

http://kotaku.com/5310931/marvel-vs-...-to-the-ground

Looks like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is dated for July 29th

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #55
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Here's the list, dates and prices for all that XBLA Summer Arcade stuff

Quote:
As if this Friday wasn't freaky enough, Xbox Live's Major Nelson has alerted us to a schedule swap occurring within the "Summer of Arcade" lineup. 'Splosion Man has taken the July 22nd spot previously held by TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled, which will now release on August 5th. The full Xbox Live Arcade release list -- excluding next week's Monkey Island revamp -- is as follows:

* July 22: 'Splosion Man 800 ($10)
* July 29: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 1200 ($15)
* August 5: TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-shelled 1200 ($15)
* August 12: Trials HD 1200 ($15)
* August 19: Shadow Complex 1200 ($15)

We're happy to experience Twisted Pixel's self-destructive efforts sooner, if only to ease us gently into a rather extravagant spending spree.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #56
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

And next week, right before the Summer Arcade, itīs the release of Monkey Island

Old 07-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #57
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

I wonder when Perfect Dark is going to be released.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #58
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Shadow Complex looks amazing, by the way.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 07-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.
StrainedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #59
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

http://Ikaruga is half-off until 7/2...al of the Week

I bought it. I had 410 points just sitting on my account and I like that sort of game, even though I'm sure I'll never actually beat it.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #60
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

More news on Alien Breed:

- It will be released on XBLA around October, and the PSN on a later date.
- It will be a trilogy, spanning an estimated 15 hours of gameplay. The first "episode" will include three, one-hour levels and an additional three-hour, co-op scenario.
- Itīs one of the most expensive digital titles to-date, costing in the realm of $2.5 million to develop.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #61
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Damn, I want both MvC2 and TMNT remake, but it'll be expensive to buy both.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #62
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

TMNT is overpriced. I was excited to get it, but when I could get Shadow Complex or Battlefield 1943 for the same price? It doesn't seem worth it. 800 points is a fine price for an upped graphics remake.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #63
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

At least there's something new about it, though. With MVC2 you basically get a straight port of a near decade old title. Sure, there's the filtering stuff, but that's really minor and they are trying to pass that at $15.

Quote:

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 07-14-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #64
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Microsoft has unveiled the new dashboard update details, and it all sounds great! I'll get the bad news out of the way first though - Microsoft has not commented on Zune HD, Facebook, Twitter, or last.fm; therefore we aren't completely sure if we are going to see those features as soon as we thought at E3. Now to the good stuff - the preview and updates. I'll give it to you in summarized list form to make it easy:

- Avatar Marketplace: The ability to purchase avatar clothing, props, and animated items, including content from various games. It will also be possible to unlock clothing or props as rewards from certain games as you play them.

- Games On Demand: It's finally here, and you can use credit, debit, or points to buy what you wish. As with all other content purchased, the game will be linked to your account and yours forever. The manuals for your games will also be viewable via xbox.com

- User Ratings: You can now rate every game on the markerplace (retail/arcade) through a 5-star system over Xbox Live. There will be a section for top rated games additionally.

- Netflix Upgrades: Most notably is the ability to watch movies or shows with your entire party... finally

- Xbox Live Party: No more annoying disconnects, as you will be automaticaly reconnected when this happens, and inviting friends is streamlined.

- Achievements: You will now be able to see a summary of all your achievement inside the profile panel across all games played, and finally, a list of all your completed games! Also, the achievement browser will be more organized and easier to use, and it will be possible to launch a game from there.

- Gold Member Veterans: There will now be a statistic on your gamercard showing how long you have been with Xbox Live!

- Streamlined Navigation: New entry points for areas annoying to get to in NXE. Microsoft has also acknowledged previously that they are aware of the lag some are experiencing, and it is set to be fixed when the update is live.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #65
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

South Park XBLA Game Revealed - It's Tower Defense!

Microsoft announced at E3 that a new South Park game would be coming to Xbox Live Arcade this year, but waited until today to offer actual details on South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!. Yep, it's tower defense.

Microsoft's Comic-Con presence will feature a playable South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, described as a "fast-paced action/strategy game that combines these lovable characters with snowball battles and tower defense tactics." The company also dated the game for October 7th, just in time for new episodes of the Comedy Central show.

The game will likely also get some serious panel time at the "Save South Park One Snowball at a Time" session, happening at the San Diego Comic-Con this Saturday at 3:30 PM. Dudes from Microsoft Game Studios and South Park Digital Studios will be on hand to tell us more about the game. Oh, we'll definitely be there, covering all that nonsense. Watch for it!

Kotaku.com

Dark_Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #66
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Default Re: Coming to a XBLA near you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
‘Splosion Man -Twisted Pixel, creators of The Maw
This game looks amazing, more even because itīs set in the same universe as their previous game, not just a new Ip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhk-UXQAnjE
Thi has just been released on Xbox LIVE and it got great reviews.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #67
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I like the Games on Demand that will work with previous saves if you gave away or sold a game.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #68
Dark Helmet
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I like the Games on Demand that will work with previous saves if you gave away or sold a game.
I just wish Microsoft would make a bigger Hard Drive then 120

Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #69
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
I just wish Microsoft would make a bigger Hard Drive then 120
I would buy a 120GB HD if it weren't so damn expensive.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:16 AM   #70
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

TMNT: Turtles in Time will be available for 800 points instead of the originally announced 1200 points!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #71
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Sweet.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #72
블라스
Side-Kick

Really looking forward to Trials HD.

블라스 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #73
Paradyme
Please Remain Calm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 블라스 View Post
Really looking forward to Trials HD.
Whats the premise of this game?

"I just wanna play, I just wanna play a game."
"One that you've never played before. One that you'll never play again, I'm sure."
-Mudvayne-
Paradyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #74
블라스
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradyme View Post
Whats the premise of this game?
Physics-based motorcycle tricks game, with a track creator

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=326335

블라스 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #75
William_C
StylelessKnave

I read that they are going to sell all the games for over 5000 microsoft points. Wouldnt that be like, $60-$70 some dollars for all the games being released for the Summer Arcade?