The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: Predict the box office for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
$100 million or less 1 1.11%
$100-150 million 2 2.22%
$150-200 million 3 3.33%
$200-250 million 2 2.22%
$250 million-300 million 4 4.44%
$300 million-350 million 14 15.56%
$350 million-400 million 17 18.89%
$400 million-450 million 26 28.89%
$450 million or more 21 23.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #101
roach
I am the night

Default Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Box Office Predictions

legs can also be due to being entertained....I loved the first one but the story wasnt great and we see how that did.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #102
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

This film has got nothing on TDK. TDK wipes its ass with TF 2 on every level

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #103
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
TDK was a much better film than this regardless of BO total, we should all know never to judge a film by the money it makes, that isn't to say I don't love this candy popscicle of a film, but its legs are not going to be that big, because I am pretty sure legs are due to a great story
Lol. Barely I'd say these days,care to explain why something like the Hangover managed to make 160 $ million something for example? A movie can have a great story but manage to end up being such a piece of crap with no replay or rewatch value.

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 06-25-2009 at 01:32 PM.
S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #104
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
This film has got nothing on TDK. TDK wipes its ass with TF 2 on every level
it does not on CGI.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #105
roach
I am the night

why does TDK get compared with everything????
Holy hell can I just enjoy a movie without some Bat-fan bringing up the holy gospel of Nolan...sheeesh

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #106
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
it does not on CGI.
nor action

Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #107
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
it does not on CGI.
The only reason TDK made a bunch of money was because of Heath as Joker imo. If it wasn't for that the movie would have really sucked the way I see it.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #108
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.A.D View Post
The only reason TDK made a bunch of money was because of Heath as Joker imo. If it wasn't for that the movie would have really sucked the way I see it.
agreed
and Transformers 2 rocked

Old 06-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #109
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Holy hell can I just enjoy a movie without some Bat-fan bringing up the holy gospel of Nolan...sheeesh
let me tell you something son

this is how SHH works. TDK in 2008 made over 500 millions domestic. 1 billlion dollars worldwide. it was a fantastic movie. but sine it was a fantastic movie and it made so much money because of that it will be compared to every f... .movie on SHH. you dont belive me? belive me. there wereeven some people who were comparing TDK to a horror movie. you know posts ''joker was more scary then your movie'' . crazy right? ohhhh it gets more crazy. they were serious. comparing TDK to a horror movie?

but it will not be forever. whait until the fans start hating Nolan. that will be a special time on SHH hehe

Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #110
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Cause TF2 is the first insanely-performing blockbuster movie since TDK?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #111
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
If I am also very sick and tired of anything,it is Anita18,you know the very obsessed Nolanite Batman fangirl who thinks she has the answer to everything. She is also almost as confrontational as a certain other fangirl.

Anywho I expect Tf:ROTF to have great legs for a good while.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #112
roach
I am the night

Quote:
let me tell you something son

this is how SHH works. TDK in 2008 made over 500 millions domestic. 1 billlion dollars worldwide. it was a fantastic movie. but sine it was a fantastic movie and it made so much money because of that it will be compared to every f... .movie on SHH. you dont belive me? belive me. there wereeven some people who were comparing TDK to a horror movie. you know posts ''joker was more scary then your movie'' . crazy right? ohhhh it gets more crazy. they were serious. comparing TDK to a horror movie?

but it will not be forever. whait until the fans start hating Nolan. that will be a special time on SHH hehe
the ghost of Bernie Mac spoke to me....yay
I understand that but its getting tired real quick

Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #113
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
That would really crush my soul.

But I guess that's because I'm more of a Nolan fan than Batman fan.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #114
roach
I am the night

Look how quick they turned on Raimi...wait until Bat3 doesnt live up to the hype of TDK

Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #115
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
i think you have to be a little crazy in your head to think that the movie made so much money because of Heath Ledger. who really did not have so much fans as people make it out to be.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #116
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
If I am also very sick and tired of anything,it is Anita18,you know the very obsessed Nolanite Batman fangirl who thinks she has the answer to everything. She is also almost as confrontational as a certain other fangirl.

Anywho I expect Tf:ROTF to have great legs for a good while.
You know I'm reading this, right?

And I'm not confronting particular posters on their opinions, just certain ideas.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #117
roach
I am the night

ok enough Batman talk....this is the Transformers thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #118
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Th Redface Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Box Office Predictions

Quote:
agreed
and Transformers 2 rocked
And I highly doubt it would have made as much money as it did if it didn't have Heath as Joker in it,I'd say it would have made as much as Batman Begins worldwide,but anyways enough about that. I too thought Tf:ROTF was great and hope it doe's good enough worldwide so we can get a good or great threequel.

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 06-25-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #119
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
That would really crush my soul.

But I guess that's because I'm more of a Nolan fan than Batman fan.
i would never expect this. but after reading some comments when the news came out that maybe he would not do batman 3 i knew it will happen.
http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.c...e-fanboys.html

Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #120
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
i think you have to be a little crazy in your head to think that the movie made so much money because of Heath Ledger. who really did not have so much fans as people make it out to be.
No comment. You should know why.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #121
The Apatow Crew
Banned User

Quote:
Cause TDK fanboys are pretty petty and need to compare every single movie to it and say its not as good.

That plain and simple. They won't be happy until everyone in the world agrees that TDK is the best movie ever.

The Apatow Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #122
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
No comment. You should know why.
i am sorry . i crossed the line.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #123
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer
SHH! Administrator

Guys, let's kill this TDK tirade before it goes any further.

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #124
miggizle85
Side-Kick

People let's stop comparing it to TDK please. That just makes us all sound like the bitter "Titanic" fans (Spider-Man 3) that we had to put up with last year. Let's just keep TDK out of the conversation.

Yes we are going to compare TF2's numbers to TDK's because that's only natural, but when people start writing "TDK was still a better movie", or "TF2 can lick TDK's..." then that's just too much. Transformers is not TDK, and it knows it. Transformers is brainless fun so let's base our judgement on that. As a brainless fun summer action movie how does it stack up?

Personally I think it blows. It's not as good as Pirates of The Carribean, Spider-Man, X-men, the original Transformers, hell it's not even as good as Terminator Salvation.

More specifically here's my problem with it:

The CGI has lost its novelty this time around. We've already seen these robots and the new ones don't look that different. That one sports car one was just like Jazz of the last movie. They almost pulled a "Beer Fest" where they kill off one of the characters but instantly replace him with one who looks just like him so it's like he never left at all. They did the exact same thing with the little freaky decepticon robot too.

Not only that but the CGI on some of them looked kinda crappy. Am I the only one who thought that the animators really half assed that tiger looking thing.

The jokes.... Oh god the Jokes. Seriously man they didn't even try this time. It really felt like they looked at every time that the audience laughed in the last one and decided to use those exact same jokes again. You've literally got everything from the first. Embarassing dad, inapropriate mom who cusses, dog jokes, liquid squirted on people, dudes in boxers, funny talking autobots, etc etc etc.

Finally we had more human characters being absolutely useless. Not only that but they suggested some of the stupidest ideas. Of course this is more of a carry over from the last one though where at the end they decided not to kill or melt or crush Megatron and the Decepticons but instead to sink them in the ocean. So I guess I shoulda expected more this kind of stupidity.

miggizle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #125
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Forgot to say that if you really find me that annoying, you could always put me on ignore. No need to get all pissy over it.

I'm still that someone around here actually has such a strong reaction to me.

Anyways, today's drop for TF2 should be interesting. $30 million Thursday is definitely on the table.