The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Would it be good or bad if SUPERMAN RETURNS was a hit with a sequel on the way?
Yes: any new Superman movie is better than no Superman movie. 9 25.00%
No. My problems with Superman Returns are way beyond money. 17 47.22%
Forget you, I like the movie and want a sequel. 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #26
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: If Superman Returns was a huge hit, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Yea as much as i like ff/dd character i rather wait a few more yrs when fox loses the rights and it converts back to marvel studios fully.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #27
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Default Re: If Superman Returns was a huge hit, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Yea as much as i like ff/dd character i rather wait a few more yrs when fox loses the rights and it converts back to marvel studios fully.
Agreed.

As much as I really don't care for Daredevil personally, thats a hit waiting to happen if done correctly, and as long as Alexis Denisof is cast as Mr. Fantastic, I'll be pumped for a FF reboot.

For me, my favorite Marvel characters are Punisher, Captain America, Namor, and Deadpool. Deadpool is finally getting a solo flick, long overdue in my opinion. Captain America is finally getting a movie, and I do think that if someone would just step up and take a shot, Namor can be a big success. Superheroes and Atlantis can be audience provoking combination and it's a race between a well done Namor film or a well done Aquaman film, and I hope Namor beats Aquaman to the punch. One, I like Namor's personality and character more than Aquaman's, and two, as a middle finger to DC for never taking the Aquaman concept as a whole, taking it seriously, and making it the mega-success I feel it could have become over the years.

And I still hope The Punisher gets one more shot, if Marvel ever figures out that money can be made with live action television, The Punisher on Showtime or HBO could ge fangasmic. And the same holds true for Green Arrow on Showtime or HBO, if WB/DC is listening, which I'm sure there not because for the most part, douche bags. License some material out to New Line Cinema already.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 06-07-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: ffff
NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #28
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFadeAway View Post
No character is in need of a reboot more than Superman.
Quote:

Sorry Fantastic Four and Daredevil fans.
You are funny

nintendo nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #29
Blackman
C'mon Son

I wouldnt mind an SR sequel except for 2 major things that happened in the story of SR
1. Bosworth as Lois Lane
2. The whole son of Superman thing

If they could have gotten rid of those then I wouldnt mind a sequel

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed.

As much as I really don't care for Daredevil personally, thats a hit waiting to happen if done correctly, and as long as Alexis Denisof is cast as Mr. Fantastic, I'll be pumped for a FF reboot.

I loved the Daredevil movie. Too many people have beaten it up because they have an irrational dislike of Ben Affleck. I felt he turned in a decent performance and wouldn't mind at all if he reprised the role. I'm more than a little worried how they might change the feel of the character if they reboot. In this film he was dark, conflicted, and human. Under another hand I'm worried that he'll become 'Captain Superhero'.

DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Agreed.

For me, my favorite Marvel characters are Punisher, Captain America, Namor, and Deadpool. Deadpool is finally getting a solo flick, long overdue in my opinion. Captain America is finally getting a movie, and I do think that if someone would just step up and take a shot, Namor can be a big success. Superheroes and Atlantis can be audience provoking combination and it's a race between a well done Namor film or a well done Aquaman film, and I hope Namor beats Aquaman to the punch. One, I like Namor's personality and character more than Aquaman's, and two, as a middle finger to DC for never taking the Aquaman concept as a whole, taking it seriously, and making it the mega-success I feel it could have become over the years.

And I still hope The Punisher gets one more shot, if Marvel ever figures out that money can be made with live action television, The Punisher on Showtime or HBO could ge fangasmic. And the same holds true for Green Arrow on Showtime or HBO, if WB/DC is listening, which I'm sure there not because for the most part, douche bags. License some material out to New Line Cinema already.
I'd rather see Aquaman than Namor. Aquaman has some cool-looking villains and I heard Namor is a sillier character. Specifically, a poster said, "people who make fun of Aquaman would laugh their a**** off if they knew about Namor."

Old 06-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #32
bgshw44
Side-Kick

another homerun at the box office with WB and land of the lost...

Lets go WB make another superman movie!!
bgshw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #33
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTyler View Post
I loved the Daredevil movie. Too many people have beaten it up because they have an irrational dislike of Ben Affleck. I felt he turned in a decent performance and wouldn't mind at all if he reprised the role. I'm more than a little worried how they might change the feel of the character if they reboot. In this film he was dark, conflicted, and human. Under another hand I'm worried that he'll become 'Captain Superhero'.
IMO, some things were done right in the first Daredevil, some things were horrible. And I like Ben Affleck. I didn't like the directing or that it was at times a music video.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Old 06-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I'd rather see Aquaman than Namor. Aquaman has some cool-looking villains and I heard Namor is a sillier character. Specifically, a poster said, "people who make fun of Aquaman would laugh their a**** off if they knew about Namor."
I disagree with Namor being sillier than Aquaman as a character. But, I do think Aquman has the better villians, the better back story, and the better Atlantis. I just like the way Namor is written as an idividual character. Like I said, I think Aquaman should be so much bigger than he is, DC has dropped the ball decade after decade.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #35
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
another homerun at the box office with WB and land of the lost...
Hmm...Showtime says WB wants Superman but doesn't need him, perhaps soon they will need the man in blue.

Quote:
I disagree with Namor being sillier than Aquaman as a character. But, I do think Aquman has the better villians, the better back story, and the better Atlantis. I just like the way Namor is written as an idividual character. Like I said, I think Aquaman should be so much bigger than he is, DC has dropped the ball decade after decade.
That's enough for me to want an Aquaman movie, especially the villains, though I understand where you're coming from about preferring the character.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #36
dark_b
Side-Kick

if SR was a hit then the sequel would have an even bigger budget. but after the last years i am not afraid that WB would not spend a lot money on superman. they have the money and they will give it to the director.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #37
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Ha!. If that movie had been (more?)succesfull, and there's been a sequel, then I could have been disproven on the franchise having painted itself into a corner. Then again, that might mean they would have worked on the sequel to SR and not JLM/Watchmen(okay, maybe that last one would have gone on, anyway). Which means I never would have joined this forum looking for info on JLM. Why, I'd be at Scruffydragon.com looking for M.U.G.E.N. chars.

Then again, why wouln't they just pull ahead with a sequel to Returns when the time was ripe for it? They have to pay the director, anyway, what's the issue? I guess they felt "dark heroes are in, clean cut heroes are out". Wonder how that turned out...

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #38
dark_b
Side-Kick

on the other side to writte something positive

at least it didnt bomb because then it would mean that the people dont have any interest in the character.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #39
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm sure they'll be another Superman film but it's probably 5 yrs away at the least.
I have a feeling WB will go from one extreme to the next with the reboot. Careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #40
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'm sure they'll be another Superman film but it's probably 5 yrs away at the least.
I have a feeling WB will go from one extreme to the next with the reboot. Careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

If anything, Watchmen doing business would have solidified the notion of "Let's make Superman dark because people want dark!" It's failure (along with the also-dark themed Terminator: Salvation) and the success of the "fun" Star Trek has averted that happening. Thankfully.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #42
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
If anything, Watchmen doing business would have solidified the notion of "Let's make Superman dark because people want dark!" It's failure (along with the also-dark themed Terminator: Salvation) and the success of the "fun" Star Trek has averted that happening. Thankfully.
I hope your right....because that would be my biggest fear, a burtonesque reboot.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #43
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Exactly. Besides me liking the flick I love that Star Trek did well because it shows the studios that everything doesn't have to be dark. Hell Transformers and the Spider-Man movies already proved that theory to be bunk.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #44
wellsy
All crews reporting.

In terms of certainty, I think people would have preffered it be either a big success or a big failure. As it stands financially and in terms of audience response, it was neither. Unlike BB, which had a huge audience response, Superman Returns came and left relatively quietly. As a reintroduction, that isn't exactly what one wants, and nor is it something any tentpole should be doing.

Still, I do like it, and would like to see a sequel to it. All that said (and with all things considered), I'd say that ship has sailed. And so here we lie, in the sea of indeterminancy, our course unknown, and our captian doing doughnuts in the big blue.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #45
Mostpowerful
*SUPERMAN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
In terms of certainty, I think people would have preffered it be either a big success or a big failure. As it stands financially and in terms of audience response, it was neither. Unlike BB, which had a huge audience response, Superman Returns came and left relatively quietly. As a reintroduction, that isn't exactly what one wants, and nor is it something any tentpole should be doing.

No, it didn't. Unless you're talking about the online community.

avatar by lere - @stargazer0118 - Superman wears trunks
Mostpowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #46
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

bad thing as you would get superman returns 2

*shudder*

start from the ground up and for pity sake;
ENOUGH with lex as villian
ENOUGH with real estate scams
and for pity sake fricking give superman someone to HIT!!!

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #47
GreenKToo
In the fire

After BB there was an interest in a sequel, especially after the DvD was released, and not just here either, but in the public as well. Otherwise, TDK wouldnt have happened.

We didnt, and arent, seeing that with SR. If we had of, we would be anticipating a sequel right now with or without Singer.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #48
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Exactly. Besides me liking the flick I love that Star Trek did well because it shows the studios that everything doesn't have to be dark. Hell Transformers and the Spider-Man movies already proved that theory to be bunk.
The tone of Star Trek would fit very well with a new Superman movie.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #49
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post

That's enough for me to want an Aquaman movie, especially the villains, though I understand where you're coming from about preferring the character.
A well done Aquaman movie would be better than a well done Namor movie, I won't argue that for a second. There is just a part of me that doesn't want to see WB/DC stumble upon making a good Aquaman movie out of spite. The Aquaman universe and character, imo, should have been and still should be a far bigger deal than it has ever been. The concept is AWESOME, it's a superhero King of Atlantis for crying out loud. Letting Aquaman be seen as a joke for so many years angers me.

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 06-08-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: jjj
Old 06-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #50
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

has anybody 'ever' seen the Millar script/pitch?

the love-child is the most problematic for me.. it would be horrible for him to die.. or perhaps worse for a One More Day reboot by Jor-El..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote