The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Would it be good or bad if SUPERMAN RETURNS was a hit with a sequel on the way?
Yes: any new Superman movie is better than no Superman movie. 9 25.00%
No. My problems with Superman Returns are way beyond money. 17 47.22%
Forget you, I like the movie and want a sequel. 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #51
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Default Re: If Superman Returns was a huge hit, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

This thread feels like it belongs in the SR section. Man we need some news

Old 06-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #52
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: If Superman Returns was a huge hit, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
has anybody 'ever' seen the Millar script/pitch?

the love-child is the most problematic for me.. it would be horrible for him to die.. or perhaps worse for a One More Day reboot by Jor-El..
Are you talking about how some people wanted Jason to be killed in the sequel? Yeah, that would never fly in a Superman movie.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #53
wellsy
All crews reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
After BB there was an interest in a sequel, especially after the DvD was released, and not just here either, but in the public as well. Otherwise, TDK wouldnt have happened.

We didnt, and arent, seeing that with SR. If we had of, we would be anticipating a sequel right now with or without Singer.
This is precisely what I mean MP. It wasn't expressed too well in my post, but that was exactly it. There was buzz for a sequel to TDK. There was none for SR.

That doesn't dampen my enjoyment of the film. But I don't speak for others. Much as I would like a sequel, most people just don't care. Those for and against are overwhelming minorities.

We aren't the community. We're not the GA. We're people with enough time on their hands to go on and on about a movie 3 years after its release. It's the GA and the water-cooler conversation that is the real determinant. TIH failed to set alight the GA, and yet the fan community was generally quite enamoured by it.

Don't overinflate our importance MP. We are but a very small, though very active minority of the studio's target audience.

Sorry for the OT post, but sometimes, I think we need reminding.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #54
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
This is precisely what I mean MP. It wasn't expressed too well in my post, but that was exactly it. There was buzz for a sequel to TDK. There was none for SR.

That doesn't dampen my enjoyment of the film. But I don't speak for others. Much as I would like a sequel, most people just don't care. Those for and against are overwhelming minorities.

We aren't the community. We're not the GA. We're people with enough time on their hands to go on and on about a movie 3 years after its release. It's the GA and the water-cooler conversation that is the real determinant. TIH failed to set alight the GA, and yet the fan community was generally quite enamoured by it.

Don't overinflate our importance MP. We are but a very small, though very active minority of the studio's target audience.

Sorry for the OT post, but sometimes, I think we need reminding.
with all due respect. its 3 years after SR. and there was no official news for a sequel for 2 years now.
i remember that people wanted in 2006 and 2007 a sequel. now of course its quiet.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #55
GreenKToo
In the fire

A sequel is most likely out. I'm looking toward a reboot 3 or 4 yrs from now.
If its sooner than that, then great.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #56
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Yea as others have said the longer there is no news, and when horn is gone from WB doing a direct sequel and having routh back for those who liked him has a less likely chance from happening. I would love if wb can get things straight within all the heads and what not and get a new film rolling in 2-3yrs but i wouldnt be surprised if we have to wait another 5-7 yrs with them.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #57
GreenKToo
In the fire

Hollywood is a fickle place. A guy could walk in tomorrow with a pitch they love and *BAM* it could be on, or it could be years from now before we know diddly squat.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #58
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Hollywood is a fickle place. A guy could walk in tomorrow with a pitch they love and *BAM* it could be on, or it could be years from now before we know diddly squat.
i think you are right.

i think the worst that could happen is that in 4 o r5 years WB has no tentpole movie and they throw out a rushed superman movie. but i guess things changed at WB?

they spend time on batman and they are trying with GL. but it scares me that Jamie said that he thinks that it maybe will not happen(i dont know the exact quote).

Old 06-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #59
Mostpowerful
*SUPERMAN*

This is what Superman fans get for complaining Soo much. No movie at all.

WB probably don't know what to do to satisfy such demanding and skeptical fanbase, so they don't do anything.

They probably think, "Meh, they at at least have the exciting Smallville show to watch for a while"..

avatar by lere - @stargazer0118 - Superman wears trunks

Last edited by Mostpowerful; 06-09-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Mostpowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #60
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostpowerful View Post

WB probably don't know what to do to satisfy such demanding and skeptical fanbase, so they don't do anything.

They probably think, "Meh, they at at least have the exciting Smallville show to watch for a while"..
I think you're absolutely right; but as far as I'm concerned, it's still better than if they'd made a sequel to Superman Returns.

Nightwing1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #61
Mostpowerful
*SUPERMAN*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1983 View Post
I think you're absolutely right; but as far as I'm concerned, it's still better than if they'd made a sequel to Superman Returns.
Well, I disagree with that.

An action-packed sequel would have worked just fine, IMO.

avatar by lere - @stargazer0118 - Superman wears trunks
Mostpowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #62
SuperDaniel
Banned User

I'd rather wait 10 years than have a sequel to SR or another ****** movie.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #63
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:

please you can not be serious. that WB wouldnt make a superman movie because of the fans? because we complained ?

and why did you mentione smallville? really?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #64
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

No and no.

WB wants to get this one right because there is a lot of money and jobs on the line.

Fans shouldn't settle, they should always want more and something bigger and better. Whether it had been a sequel or a reboot, we should all be demanding as close to perfection as possible or else what is the point of being a fan?

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #65
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
has anybody 'ever' seen the Millar script/pitch?
Millar has told any-and-every one with a set of ears (on multiple occasions including this one) about his Superman film trilogy that was so amazing and mind-bogglingly incredible that WB won't touch it with a 10 ft. pole.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Ok, folks. It's not about trying to "unite" the hard-core fanbase because they frankly don't matter. Most of those irate moron fan-boys who claim they'll refuse to see the film if Welling isn't Superman, Routh doesn't return, etc. are full of ****. They'll go see it.

WB, Sony & Co. went out of their way to garner "nerd cred" for Terminator: Salvation and it meant absolutely dick. The film failed at the box-office. And don't give me this "Oh, but the foreign numbers will save it!" excuse. On the other hand, Paramount, Abrams & Co. made it a point to make Star Trek something that played to everyone (i.e. young, old, fans, non-fans, etc.) and they succeeded in spades.

As long as they make a Superman film that the general public will flock to see, they're good to go.
^What that dude said...

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 06-10-2009 at 05:38 PM.
FilmNerdJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #66
dark_b
Side-Kick

you talked what you would like in a sequel to TDK on the podcast thinkmcflythink.
will you do one with superman? would be interesting to see what you want.

maybe add some new inside info he he he

Old 06-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #67
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1983 View Post
We'd be even better off if they'd never have made Superman Returns.

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #68
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe View Post
We'd be even better off if they'd never have made Superman Returns.
arent they saying that we should not ignroe the past? but learn from it?
what happened in the past should people help to understand better the future and not make the same mistakes.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 AM   #69
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
arent they saying that we should not ignroe the past? but learn from it?
what happened in the past should people help to understand better the future and not make the same mistakes.
Usually I'd agree with that saying but not in this case.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #70
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
you talked what you would like in a sequel to TDK on the podcast thinkmcflythink.
will you do one with superman? would be interesting to see what you want.

maybe add some new inside info he he he
I'd love to hear it as well. I think most of us want to see the same thing. A superman film with a supervillain, knockdown drag out fight(s), buildings collapseing from the impacts, half of Metropolis in ruins, and of course a good story, but that goes without saying.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #71
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:

You honestly think WB cares all that much about the fans...

They want money and a strong franchise... nothing else... They could have Superman brutally murder Lois in the movies and if it made enough money, they wouldn't give a damn what you or the fan community thought.*

DC Comics is the only lease for Warner Bros.

*Disclaimer: May be slightly exaggerated!

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #72
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight90! View Post
You honestly think WB cares all that much about the fans...

They want money and a strong franchise... nothing else... They could have Superman brutally murder Lois in the movies and if it made enough money, they wouldn't give a damn what you or the fan community thought.*

DC Comics is the only lease for Warner Bros.

*Disclaimer: May be slightly exaggerated!
Well that's at the crux of this problem. The question is, at the end of the day, how much we care if they make money; and what we're willing to accept as changes to the character.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #73
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

What they are probably getting, for the most part, is that hardcore fans want as little altered as possible from source material. Bringing in someone that has a grand plan to take the character "to the next level" probably would offend as much as they satisfy.

I'm all for a sequel, but I'm not so close-minded as to protest a fresh start. In the end, we all want a great Superman movie.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #74
Sam
Im Always Around

Quote:

Sure, lets blame fans for bad decisions took by an incompetent company!

Yay!

Last edited by Sam; 06-15-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #75
Nightwing1983
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
What they are probably getting, for the most part, is that hardcore fans want as little altered as possible from source material. Bringing in someone that has a grand plan to take the character "to the next level" probably would offend as much as they satisfy.

I'm all for a sequel, but I'm not so close-minded as to protest a fresh start. In the end, we all want a great Superman movie.
The only thing I'm closed-minded enough to protest is a direct sequel to Superman Returns. But if they make it, there's not much I can do. I can sit here and play Warners Exec or Screenwriter; but it ain't gonna happen, so I might as well sit back an accept that if it happens.