The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: Should Michael Bay leave the franchise?
Yes 86 55.48%
No 69 44.52%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #176
luca_frontino
Side-Kick

Default Re: Michael Bay out of the way!

I wouldn't complain the loss of the writers, then.

luca_frontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #177
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca_frontino View Post
It's Transformers, not American Pie.
Congrats!

You are the first, I would assume male, to complain about the shots of Megan Fox's smoking body in a summer blockbuster popcorn flick. You win!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #178
luca_frontino
Side-Kick

If I want to watch Megan's rear, I'd search her pictures online. Not in a 2 'n' half hours movie about alien robots.

luca_frontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #179
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
If I want to watch Megan's rear, I'd search her pictures online. Not in a 2 'n' half hours movie about alien robots.
Correction a 2 and a half hour film about alien robots...and Megan's ass.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #180
chaseter
Bland User

True, I guess Megan Fox's character Mikaela isn't in this movie at all. I guess this movie is just about giant alien robots. Yeah...no.

I mean who wants to see hot women in a movie with explosions and giant fighting robots...I know I don't!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 06-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #181
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
True, I guess Megan Fox's character Mikaela isn't in this movie at all. I guess this movie is just about giant alien robots. Yeah...no.

I mean who wants to see hot women in a movie with explosions and giant fighting robots...I know I don't!
Me neither and neither did the males in my audience every time she was on screen she was booed and had popcorn thrown at the screen.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #182
chaseter
Bland User

I heard Alice is pretty hot too...just throw them all out. I just want buff marines and fighting robots!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #183
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
I heard Alice is pretty hot too...just throw them all out. I just want buff marines and fighting robots!
She was and had a nice few rear shots as well. But so what? As a straight male I wanted more shots of Josh sweating and slow mo shots of Tyrese pouring water on himself.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #184
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!

Quote:
You are wrong...the end. Nobody but crazy G1 fanboys want Optimus to wear his face plate all the time. If you took off your blinding, purical lenses you would be able to see why they chose to not do so. He wears his face plate in battle, be grateful that Bay incorporated characteristics of the entire history of the character instead of succumbing to whining fanboys and putting the cartoon models on screen.
thnkx for missing the whole point..good chatting with you....! ha ha

CEREBRAL.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #185
SpiderByte
Banned User

Well, since he's not REALLY leaving, since he claims it was a fake announcement....this thread has no purpose.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #186
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
It's not just a movie about alien robots; there is big cast of actors and Megan is one of them. Let's face it, a 2 1/2 hour movie with nothing but robots is simply unrealistic, because most moviegoers don't want a movie with just CGI robots pounding at each other endlessly for 150 minutes (shocking, I know), and between the robot scenes it's nice to be able to see a sexy Megan Fox and not just those bland soldiers or Sam & his parents. Megan actually made the movie more interesting, not less, unless you are into watching sweaty guys.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #187
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEREBRAL.... View Post
no u missed my approach...that's your personnal opinion (along with others) i'm sure there are plenty of people who prefer the G1 series storytelling over other series...you guys come in here and make generalization not realizing how many people or fans they truly are...not putting down any other genre of TF's..but your fans of the "beast wars" ok cool..don't u think "G1" fans wouldn't think different..i mean seriously..u guys kill me on here...
I like how your dogmatical "approach" needs to separate TF fans. I've watched G1 in its entirety and "Beast Wars" as well and appreciate both for their achievements. "G1" being a great 4 seasons (the 5th was basically reruns with footage of the movie spliced in some episodes) of commercials for Hasbro. I'll never forget how important "G1" is to the entire franchise as a whole as its what started it all. I've never made a generalization but have merely stated that the writing was more developed in BW. Your "approach" limits fair criticism I see as it would be "blasphemous" to insult "G1" in your mind.

I'm starting to doubt your even aware on what most of the fan base thinks about the other TF series (films,toys,post-G1 shows). Most aren't so narrow minded about placing "G1" up to such a high standard as you are. Go to most "Transformers" dedicated forums and you'll find an overwhelming support for the entire "Transformers" franchise not only "G1".

If you haven't noticed the one's who constantly complain about cosmetic trivialities regarding the films are few in number (single digits small). Not only in this forum but even in wholly TF dedicated forums.

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #188
[A]
Banned User

Now that Bay is gone, all we need is Laboof and Tranny Fox to die

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #189
Orb
Lord of Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by [a] View Post
now that bay is gone, all we need is laboof and tranny fox to die
Yes!!

Orb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #190
chaseter
Bland User

Tranny Fox?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #191
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

I'm starting to doubt your even aware on what most of the fan base thinks about the other TF series (films,toys,post-G1 shows). Most aren't so narrow minded about placing "G1" up to such a high standard as you are. Go to most "Transformers" dedicated forums and you'll find an overwhelming support for the entire "Transformers" franchise not only "G1".

If you haven't noticed the one's who constantly complain about cosmetic trivialities regarding the films are few in number (single digits small). Not only in this forum but even in wholly TF dedicated forums.
oh god..plz with these paragraphs i'm not "dissing beast wars" or any genre of tf's i'm just saying there will be tf fans of g1 that would think diff. plz dont take what i'm saying any further then what i type....i dont use forums as the utlimate opinion to tf fans..u could but i won't ....i'm basically letting u know..other fans would think diff....pln n simple..take it how u wanna..

Old 06-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #192
Figs
Banned User

Just curious Cerebral, is English a secondary language for you? Not trying to make fun of you, I'm just wondering.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #193
CEREBRAL....
Agent in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Just curious Cerebral, is English a secondary language for you? Not trying to make fun of you, I'm just wondering.
huh? If you're talking about me abbreviating words..it's a message board, and i'm lazy..i sometimes dont like spelling out every single word....

Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #194
Minus Shock
Captain Simple Jack

I personally suspect that if there were any talk that some might do a better job at a Transformers movie than Bay, he would jump all over it. I think you give a director who is capable of handling the action and CG elements, but can implement any sense of character and story then Bay would take over just not to be out done.

Minus Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #195
chaseter
Bland User

idk my bff Rose

Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #196
Mr. Earle
Banned User

I was watching Batman Begins earlier today and i noticed the slight doses of humor it contains. Surely a TF movie shouldnt take itself as seriously, but Nolan proves that you can evoke a smile or laugh without resorting to mechanical balls.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #197
chaseter
Bland User

This isn't BB or TDK. These movies are nothing alike and I am glad for that. I would kill myself if every movie was like TDK.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #198
Venom160
Enigmatic Loner

Quote:
Del Toro and Abrams are busy so they won't do it. Bryan would make a pretty lame Transformers and he is showing interest in returning to the X-Men so that is a win/win for all of us.
Yeah and all it took was Fox driving the franchise into the ground.

Personally I'd like to see Del Toro's version of transformers. I'm sure they'd look sick.

R.I.P. mom, I love you and forever miss you
Venom160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #199
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom160 View Post
Yeah and all it took was Fox driving the franchise into the ground.

Personally I'd like to see Del Toro's version of transformers. I'm sure they'd look sick.
I hope they dont change the way the transformers look. They look awesome. A different director should work on other things where Bay is lackluster... like plot, or character development.

I dont think that Del Toro would be good for this franchise. He would create a gorgeous Cybertron, but his thing is mostly the magical realm.

I'd like to see McG on this....wait.... Forget what i said! You didnt just read that!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #200
chaseter
Bland User

Bay doesn't write the script for the last time.