The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #2551
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

Smile Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Originally Posted by: AnorexicBatman
Quote:
See that's the thing. Most people have to be TOLD what is good. I enjoy watching a dog licking itself but that doesn't mean it's good entertainment.
You mean the only great movie or entertainment as you call it is Batman Begins and The Dark knight right? That's what you want to tell all the people throughout the world right? That is the pinacle of entertainment for you right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think half of the U.S.(hell I think 2/3 of its population) is basically a Batman fan. I will not be surprised if at least 30% of that number are fanboys(who are eternally obsessed with the character and in some ways hopes earnestly that one day they'll become the character or somewhat). If you can see clearly, although Batman's character was introduced to the readers as a vulnerable human being, he is in every way perfect. Why? Because he can do things that no human can, like: he's a top martial arts expert(by my estimates he's in the 10th-12th degree blac belt master), plus he's super agile especially in acrobatics, he's not only a genius, but also a very brilliant investigator(like he can connect the dots in a very complex puzzle of conspiracy, which I have yet to see an average law officer could do). He has photogrphic memory, he's a billionaire and so on and so forth. So face it dude, none of us can be even close to become "like" him(especially in real life, though you're welcome to try). With this huge fan support, naturally the movie made alot of money, I'm sure you will agree with me on that. But o tell you the truth man, if you'll play TDK and TFROTF in an open field in a remote island where people have somewhat of an education,I think they'll be attracted to TFROTF than your kind of entertainment.
And they'll probably be surprised at you if you turn away and refuse to watch a stunningly entertaining film. So if you feel that they have no taste in choosing a good entertainment, then the feeling is mutual( and I think I speak for them as well).
So you're saying that just because another superhero movie is climbing up the ladder poses a threat to your superior definition of entertainment?

Old 11-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #2552
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

^ Just keep diggin'.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #2553
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

^Ok, I got it now. The U.S. is Batman and Batman's lifeblood flows through the entire country like a river. Wow! What a mystical concept? Amazing!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #2554
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

Can't wait 'till TF3.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #2555
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKSTER'04 View Post
^Ok, I got it now. The U.S. is Batman and Batman's lifeblood flows through the entire country like a river. Wow! What a mystical concept? Amazing!
I'm Australian. I'm not a huge Batman fan, either. I was just saying that people are going to start attacking you again. Maybe tone it down a little. No offense, it's just a suggestion.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #2556
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can't wait 'till TF3.
Neither can I.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #2557
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

That was a joke. Come on.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #2558
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I thought you were assuming that I was American. That's insulting.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #2559
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

I wasn't insulting anybody, I was saying that most Americans are fans of Batman(which is true even if you make a poll of this, I assure you this is fact man). I'm simply pointing out the huge fan support on the Batman movies, so comparing this with TF and the negativity that the loyal Batman fans gave it, yet still it made a box office rank. I'm just trying to point out the difficulties that this film had to go through just to please the already displeased Batman fans which is mostly Americans.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #2560
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Will you stop it with the Batman crap already. It has nothing to do with Transformers and I have no idea why you keep bringing it up.

Your disdain against Batman is equally pathetic to those who idolize him. So like Cassidy said just keep digging. Your not helping whatever vague point your trying to make.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #2561
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

I have no disdain for Batman whatsoever, my disdain is for those who make nonsense of a comparison between movies plus insisting on their views and badmouthing just to make it look that TF is that bad. Black proganda will not work anymore.

P.S. I am a fan of the batman character which is why I hate comparing him to characters who basically stripped down is having the same passion for justice and equality as he would have.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #2562
SsM
Hope Burns Bright!

Quote:
I have no disdain for Batman whatsoever, my disdain is for those who make nonsense of a comparison between movies plus insisting on their views and badmouthing just to make it look that TF is that bad. Black proganda will not work anymore.

P.S. I am a fan of the batman character which is why I hate comparing him to characters who basically stripped down is having the same passion for justice and equality as he would have.

What's proganda?

Old 11-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #2563
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsM View Post
What's proganda?
Look it up in the dictionary. Duh.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #2564
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

The bad propaganda that these fanboys are making that TF is that bad.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #2565
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
if you'll play TDK and TFROTF in an open field in a remote island where people have somewhat of an education,I think they'll be attracted to TFROTF than your kind of entertainment.
Since The Dark Knight raked in a billion dollars worldwide where ROTF made 832 million, it seems you are simply not correct.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #2566
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I like ROTF and TDK.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #2567
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

I said TF got a rank in the box office, I didn't say anything about TF ranking higher than TDK. Read the posts before you make your reply.

Last edited by HULKSTER'04; 11-15-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #2568
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

I'm not comparing TDK and TF, both are the best movies alright. I'm pointing out that some people here are badmouthing about TF and I just don't understand why.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #2569
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
I said TF got a rank in the box office, I didn't say anything about TF ranking higher than TDK. Read the posts before you make your reply.
The depth of your misunderstanding is mystifying.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #2570
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm not comparing TDK and TF, both are the best movies alright. I'm pointing out that some people here are badmouthing about TF and I just don't understand why.
Your the one that brought batman into this discussion. No one else.

You decided to bring that series in and use it as your straw man (badly I might add).

When folks said they found this movie to be terrible you immediately assumed that the standard of a great movie for everyone was "TDK or BB".

By doing this you created a slippery slope my friend. The comparisons where started by you and now your claiming that no one is comparing these series?

Do yourself a favor and just stop. Transformers/ROTF aren't quality filmmaking for the exception of its special effects. As for entertainment thats where the subjectivity arises. People are free to be entertained by whatever they want and a large majority of people found this movie entertaining. That doesn't mean that Transformers "is probably one of the greatest movies of our time - Hulkster'04 " (shudders)or a well structured/coherent movie for that matter.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #2571
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

Originally Posted by: Saint

Quote:
Since The Dark Knight raked in a billion dollars worldwide where ROTF made 832 million, it seems you are simply not correct.
60% of that income was domestically hewn dont forget, which again proves my point that most Americans are Batman fans. If we'll travel to non-U.S. cities or remote places all over the world and we'll play TF and TDK on DVD in an open field and we'll wait for people to come and sit to watch. Whoever has the most number of people watching wins the overall audience approval.

Again, I'm not comparing these films, I'm simply trying to prove a point that poeple liked TF. Now as to why I chose TDK as oppose to TF to be played on a DVD in an open field to get general audience approval, because when SHH posted the news that TFROTF was comming to bluray, almost all of the badmouthers were Batman fanboys. So this is nothing personal, I just want to prove a point.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #2572
CelticPredator
Banned User

TF2 sucks...but its that awesome kind of suck that only Bay can create. I love it.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #2573
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

How is my understanding mystifying? TDK was played in cinemas before TFROTF so there's no ranking them. They did pretty well in each of their respective release dates. So technically TFROTF ranked #1 during its release date and also TDK ranked #1 during its release date. I didn't say that TF ranked higher than TDK.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #2574
HULKSTER'04
Banned User

The only kind of sucks you like.....mmmmmmmm you like to suck what again?

Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #2575
CelticPredator
Banned User

Learn english.

Closed Thread