The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #326
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Even though I liked the Twins, I would've preferred it if they weren't there and more time was given to Ironhide, Sideswipe and Ratchet, instead.

Wheelie was ****in' hilarious, imo.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #327
Savage
Earth Rocker

****! BLEW! UP! I'm happy. 10/10 I was entertained.

This is just first impression though. I'm sure the fanboy will come out later and pick at it until it becomes a 4 or something. To be honest it's just a good time, just like the first one. Do not come in expecting a film study. Come expecting to see **** blow up and robots beat the crap out of each other. Maybe a little bit of the humor even. If there's anything I'd subtract points for it's the lack of development of the new autobots.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow

Last edited by Savage; 06-23-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #328
Papa Burgundy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader4TL View Post
To a degree I agree with you. It's not the content itself, it's the volume it comes in.

Basically someone sat there (either Bay or Speilberg or whoever) and decided:

"You know what, the first film - flawless. Absolutely flawless. Do what you did there, but multiply it by ELEVENTEEN THOUSAND!"

And therein lies the faults in this film.

Yes you can forgive the crappy parts of TF1 because the pacing and balance covers over the cracks if you allow it - in ROTF it's so badly shoved in your face at sonic speeds that you can't avoid it.

You can find a flaw in every film, even TDK, which is to date regarded as the best of it's genre. However there's picking something apart for the sake of it and having genuine concerns over content - and that is what seperates this film from it's previous installment.
agreed! i forgive some of the crappier aspects of the first transformers because it was just so freakin great seeing them finally brought to life, it had great fx, and moments of greatness.

but after the first time shine wears off, you then relize the movie has cheap lame humor, shallow characters, and underdevloped storylines.

so i hoped the second movie would fix those problems (knowing they wouldnt be fixed) but here we are, two years later, same complaints times 1000.

god transformers is one of the greatest franchises ever...the movies couldve been so amazing...*sigh*.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #329
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by american psycho View Post
what about sam! the autobots are supposed to protect him, yet optimus has him running around because you say the decepticons are more likely to go after prime with sam around.

this is one of the reasons i really don't like this movie. instead of a reasonable way to have optimus die, they just throw together a fight because it will look cool on screen. same with the first movie. why move the cube to the city when you're in the middle of the desert? because the fight will look cooler.

there was no reason for bumblebee and optimus to separate. his autobots are supposed to be at his command and their job is to protect the humans. its not optimus' job to protect his autobots first and humans second.
Like I said, Prime's concern was protecting Sam and his Autobots. Let's say Prime did regroup with them before the fight...we know Megatron could kill all but Prime of the Autobots. Let's say Megs gets lucky and disables Prime...with Starscream and Grindor to help the Autobots, Sam and Mikeala are history. Prime knew he had a better chance 3 on 1 and he also served as a distraction. Trusting in his Autobots that if he should lose they could get Sam far away.

On a different note. The way some of you guys are acting about us who liked the film is a little ridiculous. I apologise for wanting some mindless fun.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #330
OB1 Kenobi
Side-Kick

Loved it and i'm going again tommorow. A few gripes though, would have been nice to see a bit more of Ironhide and Ratchet (my personal faves from the first movie). The new bots weren't given enough time on screen. Sideswipe was kick-arse and it would have been nice to see a bit more of him. I was also pleasently surprised at how good Arcee (all three of her) looked in motion and would have liked to see some more of her too. And Jolt, who I would have loved to see kicking some Decepticon arse with his whips, had little more than a cameo. Best movie i've seen this year.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #331
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ I agree about Jolt. He could've had some wicked fight scenes with those whips.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:17 AM   #332
Blackman
C'mon Son

Just saw the midnight showing. It was meh and this is coming from the a big fan of the first one

Pros
Action was better filmed (easier to see what was happening)
Optimus Prime was bad ass
Shia Labeouf, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese, Kevin Dunn, Julia White, John Turturro were all good in there returning roles. Newcomer Ramon Rodriguez (Leo) was very funny and very good I hope he gets more work in the future, hes talented

Cons
Complete shafting of the other autobots besides Prime. Ironhide (my favorite) and Ratchet were next to nothing. And Bumblebee just acted like a cheap transport the whole movie
Final fight was bogus
Megan Fox...cant act for s***
No character development (ya I know but hey even TF1 and Wild Hogs had some character development)
The Twins
No chemistry between LaBeouf and Fox
Cheap laughs throw everywhere
Too long at least 30 mins could have been shut down

Overall 6.5/10. Not as bad as ppl say but its still mediocre. First one is at least an 7.5/10. I do suggest seeing it in theaters because its that kind of movie. Or watch it on BLU RAY (not DVD) when it eventually comes out

Last edited by Blackman; 06-24-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #333
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ I agree with most of that.

Even though I thought the Twins were funny, I would've preferred not having them and giving Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe more time.

Turturro and Rodriguez worked well together.

I really liked Wheelie. He was hilarious, imo.

The length wasn't a problem. It didn't feel that long to me.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 06-24-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #334
Timstuff
Banned User

EPIC

No-one blows stuff up better than Bay, and this movie was proof of that. It kicked my ass and refused to stop, and I loved (almost) every minute of it. My one complaint (aside the twins, which everyone complains about) is that it was almost too big of a movie, like I almost needed to watch it in two sittings. Maybe it's because the movie didn't get out until 2:50 AM, but I feel absolutely drained! It was worth it though!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #335
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
^ I agree with most of that.

Even though I thought the Twins were funny, I would've preferred not having them and giving Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe more time.

Turturro and Rodriguez worked well together.

I really liked Wheelie. He was hilarious, imo.

The length wasn't a problem. It didn't feel that long to me.

No offense but I just thought the twins were for ppl to go like hahahahaha 2 trash talking abouts hilarious. "Pussy", "*****ass", "Ass whooping"...thats there dialog. THey were pointless even there fight scene was lame

The line "Punk ass decepticons" was good enough.

The time was a problem. Even though I liked Duhamel and Tyrese I do think that since they were so underused they could have been cut out. Same with a bunch of the stuff that happened in the college
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
like that Hot ass girl who actually was a decepticon
the 3rd act in general was just weak. Scenes that could have been cool for a battle were just scenes of Sam and Mikeyla running

but this movie is going to be huge...not TDK huge but def. Spiderman big. My theater was packed

Old 06-24-2009, 02:40 AM   #336
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I'll give a more in depth review on this tomorrow, when I'm not falling asleep typing.

In short, this film has redeeming qualities and some cool fights, but gets heavily bogged down by some annoying characters, too easily beaten Decepticons, and emphasis on characters like Bumblebee lost (in exchange for the previously mentioned annoying characters...mostly the Twins...UBER annoying).

The first film had a weak plot, so I didn't expect a strong plot or anything this go around, but they didn't juggle the comedy and such as well in this film, which makes the structural flaws a bit more glaring. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Not bad by any means and I can rewatch it and be entertained, but nothing special either.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 AM   #337
american psycho
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigsy2003 View Post
Prime knew he had a better chance 3 on 1 and he also served as a distraction. Trusting in his Autobots that if he should lose they could get Sam far away.
ok but sam went from being with bumblebee and optimus, to running in the woods with optimus fighting 3 decepticons and bumblebee nowhere in sight. how could optimus keep sam safe if he's taking on 3 guys and his back up isn't there.
not trying to be difficult it just doesn't make sense to let the kid you're protecting run around in the middle of a fight when you can't protect him because you're fighting 3 decepticons at once.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 AM   #338
Blackman
C'mon Son

nail on the head Spider-Fan

Old 06-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #339
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

No offense taken, mate. We've just got a different sense of humour.

After the first movie I really wanted to see Lennox (Duhamel) and Ironhide working together. That would've been great, imo.

Isabel Lucas was ****in' hot in this. Wow.

Duhamel for Hal, dammit.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #340
Blackman
C'mon Son

when that thing came out her crack tho
I almost threw up

but she was very hot

and also I think ppl are being way too hard on the film. ITs mediocre but a 22% on RT? LatinoReview gave it an F. I know ppl have different opinions but still

Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #341
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

Oh man, this movie was awesome. I'll get more in dept tomorrow, but for the most part I was thoroughly entertained. My biggest problems were with Tyrese, The Twins, Sam's mom and Leo. I'll get more in dept about it tomorrow. But for now, an 8/10 will due.

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #342
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I almost threw up
You mean her tail. Strangely that and the tongue actually turned me on.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #343
powerbomb1411
Side-Kick

Maybe I missed something. But was it just me, or was Devastator really on the pyramid at the SAME TIME that the individual constructions were fighting the autobots. Specifically Mixmaster, Longhaul and Rampage.

So what I am asking, is this.

Was each constructicon two places at once?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #344
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by american psycho View Post
ok but sam went from being with bumblebee and optimus, to running in the woods with optimus fighting 3 decepticons and bumblebee nowhere in sight. how could optimus keep sam safe if he's taking on 3 guys and his back up isn't there.
not trying to be difficult it just doesn't make sense to let the kid you're protecting run around in the middle of a fight when you can't protect him because you're fighting 3 decepticons at once.
I'm just assuming, since Bee was with Makaela and Leo at the time, that he didn't want to put them in harms way. Maybe that's just me.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #345
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
nail on the head Spider-Fan
I have my moments

Quote:
I almost threw up

but she was very hot

and also I think ppl are being way too hard on the film. ITs mediocre but a 22% on RT? LatinoReview gave it an F. I know ppl have different opinions but still
Agreed. This film is just more of the same for the series, only just not as good. I don't see why people are being so hard on it. A lot of the issues this film has are present in Transformers. This one just struggles with a few other issues on top of that.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #346
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbomb1411 View Post
Maybe I missed something. But was it just me, or was Devastator really on the pyramid at the SAME TIME that the individual constructions were fighting the autobots. Specifically Mixmaster, Longhaul and Rampage.

So what I am asking, is this.

Was each constructicon two places at once?
Yeah, I noticed that too. It didn't bother me, though

That fight between Bumblebee and Rampage was cool.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #347
Blackman
C'mon Son

after seeing this film, can we throw Megan Fox with Jessica Alba as a subpar actress whose just around because shes extremely hot?

I say we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
That fight between Bumblebee and Rampage was cool.
All 2 mins of it. Damn so many chracters got shafted

Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #348
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

With 3 years in between, hopefully the third one will be better.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #349
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I wish Jolt had more to do. Even if it was just a fight scene. It could've been a great one with those cool energy whips.

Hopefully they can do that in the third movie.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #350
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
after seeing this film, can we throw Megan Fox with Jessica Alba as a subpar actress whose just around because shes extremely hot?

I say we can
I don't think Megan's that bad. She's not cringeworthy. I've seen a lot worse.

Closed Thread