The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #1251
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 43,296
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Because when she fires plasma shots around there's no risk whatsoever to blow a little fleshing to smithereens. Ok... Celtic, I respect you liking the movie, but try to come up with reasonable excuses.

Nathan is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #1252
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
They wanted his brain...not him. So, dead or alive it didnt matter, just as long as she didnt blow his head off.
Is that how it works? I thought they wanted him alive. When Megs had him before the forest fight, he told Sam he was gonna kill him slowly but needed to get the info first, so it would have to wait. From that i assumed they needed him alive.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #1253
storyteller
Side-Kick
 
storyteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,638
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Well seeing as how earlier they showed how the metal spheres formed a solid mass. I assume that and a combination of holographic tech made her form.

Complete and utter garbage?
Wow I've seen terrible movies. Anything made by the guys who make those lame parody movies is complete and utter garbage.
This was anything but. Personally the twins I didnt mind at all. I find that all the bay humor that people hate I find quite enjoyable. Maybe some cant take a joke.

My only real complaint is that the majority of the Autobots dont get a word in.
Bumble bee(who actually hasnt gotten his voice fixed), the twins, and Optimus actually have plenty of dialogue. Everyone else shows up like all the unnamed decepticons.

The plot wasnt all over the place. It all comes to a point. I remember how one review complained about how at the end, the movie ends where it started. Yeah it sorta does but then thats good. Like Transformers its designed to be that if there is not another movie(or someone takes over) they dont leave the viewer hanging.

If you not a fan of the Humans in the first film.
You wont like this film

If you didnt like the humor of the first film
You wont like this film

Overall if you didnt like the first film, This will not change your mind.

If you liked the first film, there is not damn reason why you should not like this one. That simply doesn't make sense one bit. Thats my biggest thing. Can you prefer the first film yes. But if you saw the first film as good and call this one an abomination is Bs to me.

__________________
------------------------------------------

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #1254
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Oh and btw, was anyone else happy as hell that we finally got a full shot of Optimus Prime transforming from robot to truck, as there were none in TF1...?

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #1255
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,130
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Is that how it works? I thought they wanted him alive. When Megs had him before the forest fight, he told Sam he was gonna kill him slowly but needed to the info first, so it would have to wait. From that i assumed they needed him alive.
They needed the Doctor (Scalpel) to analyze Sam to reach a proper conclusion on how they'd get the information. Then the Doctor told Meg's that they needed his brain.

I don't understand why that would be necessary because Scalpel finds the symbols...

Ok now I've confused myself. This is one of the aspects that kind of confused me honestly. Like Sam running towards Prime in Egypt instead of one of the Autobots (preferably Bumblebee) getting him there in a quicker and safer manner.

craigdbfan is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #1256
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 43,296
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Bumblebee had to take care of the parents, the Arcee sisters were shot, Ironhide was also wounded. So he had really no other choice.

Nathan is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #1257
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'd like the guy that has the ability to fuse Transformer parts to have at least some minimal development. Just enough to know a bit about his character. Like we know how Jazz was 2nd in command, Ironhide is the Weapon specialist of the team, Ratchet the medic. Jolt was just some random blue Autobot.
Shouldnt Ratchet be the one to do the fusing? I mean, he is the doctor and all...

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #1258
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 27,130
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Bumblebee had to take care of the parents, the Arcee sisters were shot, Ironhide was also wounded. So he had really no other choice.
A Camaro has 4 seats doesn't it?

Plus before Sam's parents even get dropped off by the Decepticons Sam was already on foot while Bumblebee was just off camera leaving the audience to think "What the heck is Bumblebee doing!?".

craigdbfan is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #1259
shadowchaser
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 36
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Saw it this afternoon...

It was eh, ok, definitely not great. The first one was so much better. Michael Bay pulled a George Lucas and made what was fun about the first one and made it really cheesy the second time around. The movie was one extra act too long. The beginning was great, the ending was great (although it did feel like they rushed it to wrap it up), everything in the middle was dragged out and sucked! Whoever wrote the dialogue should have their hands broken. It was so cheesy. It was like George Lucas wrote it because it reminded of Episodes 1 & 2...thats how bad it was. The romance scenes were eye rolling too. Whose bright idea was it to take the main Autobot characters from the first one, push them into the background to focus on the most racist stereotypical twins?? They are the worst characters since Jar Jar Binks....they made Jar Jar Binks look like Shaft! Did you really need those two for comic relief? You already had every main human character deliver cheesy comic relief...the mother was annoying, ok we get it, she's an idiot...did Shia Lebouf need a new whiny ***** sidekick? Wasn't Bumblebee his sidekick to begin with? Did we need John Turturro back for more than 10 minutes of screen time? In two years, how come Bumblebee still can't talk? The radio speaking got tired quick. Why have Optimus Prime be absent through the entire middle act? Did you really need an Egyptian midget soldier? The main villain, The Fallen, which is supposed to be this biggest bad-ass, lasted about 20 seconds against Prime? WTF? Also, I didn't like the fact that they made Optimus Prime take "pleasure" in destroying the enemy. Heroes don't do that. Its also obvious now and its tired, that Michael Bay has a huge hard-on for the military. He should direct their commercials instead. Everytime when they popped up, the movie started to drag. This movie also had a huge body count...I think more than any Schwarzenegger flick.

The only saving graces that made this movie truly not sucking hard were the special effects, the action scenes, the banter between Megatron and Starscream (which was like the cartoon and comics) and of course Megan Fox...god damm she looked amazing.

I give it a c+

So far the best movies of the summer are Star Trek and The Hangover...

shadowchaser is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #1260
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 43,296
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
A Camaro has 4 seats doesn't it?

Plus before Sam's parents even get dropped off by the Decepticons Sam was already on foot while Bumblebee was just off camera leaving the audience to think "What the heck is Bumblebee doing!?".
Yeah, you're right. I was just thinking about the part when Bee drove off with the parents to bring them to safety. And yet they still appeared when Sam died.

Nathan is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #1261
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Did Sam die? He looked to me like he was just uncinscience and then had the vision with the Primes. I need to re-watch it. There's too much to take in after one viewing.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #1262
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 43,296
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Lennox was giving him a heart massage and checking his breath and we had a medic use a defibrillator on him and then shaking his head. I'm sure Sam was a goner for a short time.

Nathan is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #1263
Gracen1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 94
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

my only gripe with these movies so far, and i hope it changes, is that the military and soldiers are getting too much screen time and presence. that's time that the autobots and decepticons can be seeing to develop more. the next film has to get away from having so few autobots because in transformers universe reality, the autobots have sufficient numbers enough to not need the aid of our military as we've seen in these two movies. i could see the autobots using the military for an air strike here or there, but c'mon, they don't need soldiers out on the battlefield with them. more autobots are definitely needed.

Gracen1 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #1264
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracen1 View Post
my only gripe with these movies so far, and i hope it changes, is that the military and soldiers are getting too much screen time and presence. that's time that the autobots and decepticons can be seeing to develop more. the next film has to get away from having so few autobots because in transformers universe reality, the autobots have sufficient numbers enough to not need the aid of our military as we've seen in these two movies. i could see the autobots using the military for an air strike here or there, but c'mon, they don't need soldiers out on the battlefield with them. more autobots are definitely needed.
That would need a change of director because Bay has a hard on for the military.

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #1265
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracen1 View Post
my only gripe with these movies so far, and i hope it changes, is that the military and soldiers are getting too much screen time and presence. that's time that the autobots and decepticons can be seeing to develop more. the next film has to get away from having so few autobots because in transformers universe reality, the autobots have sufficient numbers enough to not need the aid of our military as we've seen in these two movies. i could see the autobots using the military for an air strike here or there, but c'mon, they don't need soldiers out on the battlefield with them. more autobots are definitely needed.
Yeah, Bay has a good relationship with the military. Probably moreso than any other Hollywood director. And it's apparant why; he makes them look good.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #1266
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,524
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
you think people are watching this movie because of the bad reviews and negative talk on the forums?
not exactly, i just find it ironic that all those ppl that flamed the talk backs contributed to the box office

i mean they all seen it right


personally I just wonder why it is that last years hulk didn't do as good as this transformers movie
i mean it doesn't have as much jokes or rather "bad humor"
it doesn't have a hack director and bad actors
it doesn't have any jar jar binks characters
it "respects" the material
and plays it straight

hmm

__________________
Face off remake has to star Christian Bale and Robert Downey.
Marvin is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #1267
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
not exactly, i just find it ironic that all those ppl that flamed the talk backs contributed to the box office

i mean they all seen it right


personally I just wonder why it is that last years hulk didn't do as good as this transformers movie
i mean it doesn't have as much jokes or rather "bad humor"
it doesn't have a hack director and bad actors
it doesn't have any jar jar binks characters
it "respects" the material
and plays it straight

hmm
Well in both Hulks and the general audiences defense; Hulk didn't have a first movie that people generally liked to follow as it's sequel. TF2 did. In fact the first Hulk movie contributed negatively and hindered last years movie from doing well.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #1268
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,524
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
That would need a change of director because Bay has a hard on for the military.
what makes you say that?

because he showed very nice shots of their hardware and accurate portrayals of their operation method?

or because he show what our (I'm not american) military would do if aliens attacked earth

see independence day
see day the earth stood still
see mars attacks if you want

is it because in pearl harbor there was so much military shots?
even more then there was in other wars films such as saving private ryan and platoon?

come on, it's not like he put his fetish military shots in bad boys, it comes when it's called for

i'm sure if he directed hulk, and he had the military after him, ppl would cry fowl for bay has a "hard on for the us army"

__________________
Face off remake has to star Christian Bale and Robert Downey.
Marvin is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #1269
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,152
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Well in both Hulks and the general audiences defense; Hulk didn't have a first movie that people generally liked to follow as it's sequel. TF2 did. In fact the first Hulk movie contributed negatively and hindered last years movie from doing well.
You forgot the most important part. No-one gives a **** about the Hulk.

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #1270
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
You forgot the most important part. No-one gives a **** about the Hulk.
Blasphemer!

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #1271
Hound89
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
not exactly, i just find it ironic that all those ppl that flamed the talk backs contributed to the box office

i mean they all seen it right


personally I just wonder why it is that last years hulk didn't do as good as this transformers movie
i mean it doesn't have as much jokes or rather "bad humor"
it doesn't have a hack director and bad actors
it doesn't have any jar jar binks characters
it "respects" the material
and plays it straight

hmm
ROTF respects its Source Material

Also the Reason why this movie is Doing better is because the Action/CGI is that Damn Good

Hound89 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #1272
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,152
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Blasphemer!


I actually liked TIH.

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #1273
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 23,770
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

^Cool..all is forgiven.

I know something that was lacking; the lack of emotion and distress that the Autobots showed now that they were leaderless.

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #1274
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14,152
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

That's why they should've kept Jazz. It'd be interesting seeing him take control, reluctantly.

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #1275
DarknessOfDeath
She's a Dame to Kill for
 
DarknessOfDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere cold...in the darkness with Eva Green.
Posts: 26,507
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

How's it going Golgo. Good to hear you enjoyed ROTF.


You know...I really hope Wheelie comes back in the third one cause he was so awesome in ROTF. So cute. I hope he transforms into the yellow/white/orange car...

__________________
To Marvel:
Eva Green for Lady Loki or Enchantress or Elektra!

Get your game on, Marvel!!
DarknessOfDeath is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.