The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 AM   #1326
Sarge 2.0
Fire Walk With Me

Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I thought Wheelie said it at least once when he made the Graveyard comment.
He said "frickin" in that scene I think. Mudflap or Skids - I forget which - almost said "mother****er" but got cut off.

Confessions of a Completely Harmless Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman
Oh my god, I'm so sorry for your loss. You knew her right? I just assume all canadians know each other
Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #1327
marvelman2006
Banned User

I dont know how to review this thing because im half and half on it.
on one side i loved the action and anything including the autobots, and thought some of the jokes worked.

on the other side i still couldnt tell what was going on in some of the action scenes because the camera was too close and some of the other jokes didnt work.

its weird thinking about it becasue so much stuff did work and at the same time the stuff that didnt work came from the stuff that did work.
Why is it so hard though in today's movie making for these directors to simply pull the camera back and lets us see whats going on. They have a boner for putting camera as close as possible.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #1328
SpiderByte
Banned User

Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Just watched the movie. And I must say, most of my thoughts have already been posted. It does seem rushed and yet some parts just dragged. In other words, pacing could have been tighter. Also, some parts that struck a nerve:

A fellow robot died in order to give Optimus his upgrade. Upon beating the Fallen, what does he do? Chucks it aside like so much waste.

The Fallen revealed the Transformers' existence and announced he was after Sam. The movie also indicated that the government was considering said option. Yet, at no point did it feel as though other humans were after him. Sure, he was on a 'wanted list' but again, nothing came of it.

There were far, far too many Transformers on both sides and at the climax. I couldn't tell them apart and more importantly, I couldn't tell whose side they were on. It was just too chaotic to appreciate.

Lastly, Devastator's size could have been done better. Why have a humongous Transformer built from several vehicles and not put another Transformer beside for scale comparison? Then, there's the really big one at the start of the movie, making Devastator's initial appearance all the less impressive
In order:

Welll what was he supposed to do? with all that junk on he couldn't transform.

Thats because they hadn't really acted on it yet. they got confirmation from egypt, but just to keep an eye on him.

I'll give you a hint: the autobots you see in the beginning are the ones you see in the end. no new autobots join during the final battle. how hard is that to understand? only the decepticons got new allies at the end, not autobots.

What the hell do you mean by "there were no transformers near him" What about the twins? They were CLIMBING on him!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #1329
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge 2.0 View Post
Here's the thing, not only is it a bad action movie because it's stupid, it's a bad action movie because it was boring. There's no excuse for boring in an action movie. And you're right that Optimus may have been the saving grace of this movie (there is only one good moment in the entire movie: Optimus beating the **** out of Starscream, Megatron, and some other unnamed Decepticon). Too bad he's dead for most of it. Even his fight with the Fallen was boring. He also said some things that I would never expect Optimus to say like "Any last words?" and the worst was "Give me your face!". I mean, wtf?
I need to leave this thread. The more posts like this I read, the more I agree with them OP's badass lines were cool, but def out of character.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #1330
Nathan

When he beat the Fallen, we should've gotten the line "I thought you were made of sterner stuff." It would've fit better, because honestly, I'm sure we all thought what a push over the Fallen was. Not only that, the line also sounds less blood thirsty.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #1331
Mr. Earle
Banned User

What i really liked was Lennox's character. How he taps Ironhide's bonnet telling him something, talks to the Arcees, asks for Sideswipe to get in the action, and finally.... when he learns about Optimus' death. He seemed to be friends with the robots.
Basically all the NEST soldiers were friends with the autobots and stood up for them. I loved that part.

What i didnt like was the Starscream/Megatron dynamic, as i said in my review as well. Megatron was abusing SS all the time for no reason. In G1 Starscream often contradicts Megatron but Megatron is barely abset. He knows about SS's treacherous ways but he wants him next to him because of his strategical mind and his abilities. He only beats him when its necessary. Here Bay tried to do what we were whining about the first movie. He made SS a pussy constantly bowing to Meg who was like a wife beater. I didnt like it.

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 06-29-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #1332
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Considering the Fallen was such a wuss... I wouldn't be surprised if Sam kills Unicron in TF3
I mean really. Whatever happened to the Bay who liked epic climactic battles?

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, ďDONíT YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!Ē
Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #1333
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge 2.0 View Post
Here's the thing, not only is it a bad action movie because it's stupid, it's a bad action movie because it was boring. There's no excuse for boring in an action movie. And you're right that Optimus may have been the saving grace of this movie (there is only one good moment in the entire movie: Optimus beating the **** out of Starscream, Megatron, and some other unnamed Decepticon). Too bad he's dead for most of it. Even his fight with the Fallen was boring. He also said some things that I would never expect Optimus to say like "Any last words?" and the worst was "Give me your face!". I mean, wtf?
I agree with you. I ve been saying this in the "Prime is too brutal" thread for like... forever! Thank you!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #1334
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

This movie requires MULTIPLE viewings to take in all the information, but:

How did Jetfire get to the museum again, and why was he in-active? I spilled my soda on my lap during that scene and missed some of the dialogue.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #1335
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

No wonder it's making so much money, people have to see it multiple times just to understand the damn thimg

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, ďDONíT YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!Ē
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #1336
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post

How did Jetfire get to the museum again, and why was he in-active? I spilled my soda on my lap during that scene and missed some of the dialogue.
Spilled soda or not, I don't know why Jetfire was inactive in the museum haha

Last edited by Colossal Spoons; 06-29-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #1337
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post

He was in-active because he ran out of Energon. It's also the reason why he appears rusty and starts to fall apart. So while in-active and in his alt mode, he someday ended up in the Museum. Question is, how did Wheelie now everyone's location? Did someone catch that part?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #1338
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

He's old and crotchety.
Smithsonian = Retirement home for old old old Autobots/Decepticons
I wish he was called 'Skyfire' at some point... just as a reference...

Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #1339
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

why didnt sam just use the spark fragment to revive OP instead of jetfire???

Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #1340
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrrd_2 View Post
Jetfire wasn't "dead"

Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #1341
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Because.... Because **** you, thats why!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I am kidding man!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #1342
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Jetfire wasn't "dead"
Megatron was. But he got revived with a Spark fragment.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #1343
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

but megs was, and they used a spark fragment to bring him back..

Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #1344
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Because.... Because **** you, thats why!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I am kidding man!

little boy: why did all the primes die?

museum attendent: because you touch yourself at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Megatron was. But he got revived with a Spark fragment.
you beat me

Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #1345
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Jetfire wasn't "dead"
But Megatron was and it worked on him just fine!

EDIT: You guys got me!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #1346
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

8 out of 10.

The first one was better although, I enjoyed the action more in this one. Especially with Optimus going up against Megatron, Starscream and I think Grindor in the forest.

My biggest problem with this movie is giving Megatron a Master. Megatron in any incarnation would never subjugate himself to anyone, Unicron withstanding.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #1347
roach
I am the night

Quote:
but megs was, and they used a spark fragment to bring him back..
they also had to sacrifice another Decepticon in the process

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #1348
Nathan

Just because they needed the body parts since he was missing an arm and a leg.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #1349
roach
I am the night

Prime's chest was missing...who was gonna replace his chest

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #1350
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

really? they did? i must have missed that part....anyway OP wasnt missing any limbs...just his mechanical entrales