The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 06-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Default X-Men Origins:Wolverine on DVD/BluRay

Didnt see a thread for this and i know it might be a little early but, i figured why not? Here is where we can discuss news concerning the dvd and blu ray release for the movie. Any specials included with purchasing,and what we'd like to see as far as special features and extras

Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men Origins:Wolverine on DVD/BluRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetanu View Post
Didnt see a thread for this and i know it might be a little early but, i figured why not? Here is where we can discuss news concerning the dvd and blu ray release for the movie. Any specials included with purchasing,and what we'd like to see as far as special features and extras
wel, i dont think there's many deleted scenes, but i want an isolated score in 5.1 dolby digital surround.

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

I think there may be a few deleted scenes, maybe an alternate ending. I'd liketo see a full behind the scenes featurette:Casting, costume and makeup,set production,special effects. i'd like to see production and artwork galleries,maybe screen tests from the cast

Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
chaseter
Bland User

There won't be many deleted scenes and Fox is known for not making their dvd's feature heavy. I will be passing on this.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

Few deleted scenes, commentary with Jackman and Hood, trailers, behind the scenes footage and maybe a history of Wolverine.

alexlachiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Ipodman
Love Tension

I'm 100% buying this DVD. I dont have a BR player.. 8(
Looking forward to seeing the "other Ending(s)"..., as well as extended fight scenes - esp Gambit vs Wolverine, im sure some ppl have spotted gambit stuff in the tv spots/trailers that werent in the final cut

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Celestial
Side-Kick

It would be great if they included the documenary on cinematographer, Don McAlpine, as that was shot behind-the-scenes on Wolverine.
Quote:
We agreed that the core of the film would be Don shooting his 50th film, and we had to wait a couple of years for that to eventuate. When he took the job on Wolverine, my filming began.

The first sequences were shot in New Zealand in February 2008, and then on Cockatoo Island in Sydney in April. Watching Don at work up-close on the set of a big-budget Hollywood film was one of the most unexpectedly exciting and fascinating experiences of my life (which hasn't been lacking in the unexpected, exciting or fascinating).

Most people have no idea what a cinematographer actually does, except that they are responsible for "the look" of the film. But how do they achieve this, and what is their relationship with the director and the stars of the film? Show Me the Magic will reveal some of the secrets behind the mystical and magical work of a master cinematographer who has worked consistently in the industry for the past 35 years.

Don, Gavin and Hugh gave me extraordinary access, and I was able to capture the wonderful humour, camaraderie and genuine enjoyment of their work, and the magic secrets of how some of the more dramatic scenes were shot.
Show me the magic

Maybe not, though. The documenatry is heading for an end of year release so probably not a straight to DVD extra.

Last edited by Celestial; 06-19-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
the a1ant
Awesome

WOLVERINE hits UK stores on October 19th!

Check out the trailer/preview for the DVD and Blu-ray on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mpd/perma...m1EZL5PSDD9VWA

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by the a1ant; 06-19-2009 at 03:49 PM.
the a1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
SP1D3RxV3N0M
Marveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the a1ant View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
i want it now...

Old 06-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick

Wow that looks FANTASTIC! I would want a comparable DVD release though, im worried about it.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
Karelia
We Are Groot

I was hoping for an Uncut Wolverine movie, guess that's doubtful.

I'll be getting the DVD, whenever it comes out.

Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
Ipodman
Love Tension

Stan Lee!
and dude... the tubes stuck to his back in the Weapon X scene.. man its sick!

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:36 AM   #13
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Well its safe to say my copy of the dvd has just been sold

Old 06-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #14
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1D3RxV3N0M View Post
i want it now...
Holy hell, so do I!

(and how psyched am I that I'm getting a blu-ray player for my birthday??)

I just hope that's the same version that gets released in the US. With X3 the UK version had much better extra features than the US version.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
Celestial
Side-Kick

The thing that's been putting me off Blu-ray is that they don't seem to be region-free. I want one that will play all Blu-ray and DVD discs from all regions.

The X3 DVD (UK) had a lot of extras but it was a bit of a chore to sit through them. I think Gavin Hood will be a more interesting commentator that Brett Ratner. As he was new to a lot of it, he may be closer to us. I always enjoyed Bryan Singer's commentaries because he has that sense of wonder.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
It would be great if they included the documenary on cinematographer, Don McAlpine, as that was shot behind-the-scenes on Wolverine.

Show me the magic

Maybe not, though. The documenatry is heading for an end of year release so probably not a straight to DVD extra.
Whichever way they plan to release that documentary i'm very interested in seeing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the a1ant View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Thanks ant! I'm surprised they put that together so soon already.

It looks good though and i really hope thye put those features on the regular dvd too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
The thing that's been putting me off Blu-ray is that they don't seem to be region-free. I want one that will play all Blu-ray and DVD discs from all regions.
The thing that's been putting me off Blu Ray is the cost.

Oh and btw the dvd is coming out here on October 28.

Last edited by Retroman; 06-20-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Retroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I was going to wait a bit longer to switch the blu-ray, but I can't stand waiting anymore.

The X3 DVD in the US was a mess - some copies at 10 deleted scenes, others had 20. There was an extra disc with the Walmart version that was supposed to have extra features but it was just some random documentary about the comics that nothing to do with the film.

Even the week the DVD was released, FX was showing X2 with behind-the-scenes features to promote the X3 DVD - none of the stuff they showed was on the DVD they were promoting.

I'm definitely looking forward to hear commentary from Gavin Hood - I was impressed with what I heard in interviews before the film was released.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #18
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
Thanks ant! I'm surprised they put that together so soon already.
I was in Sears a few days after the movie was released and they were showing the Wolverine trailer on all the TVs. At the end it said "Look for it now on DVD and blu-ray!" The movie had barely been out a week.

Quote:
The thing that's been putting me off Blu Ray is the cost.
Same here. I've been stashing away money for it for a few months now. I'd get a PS3 if it wasn't so expensive.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I was going to wait a bit longer to switch the blu-ray, but I can't stand waiting anymore.

The X3 DVD in the US was a mess - some copies at 10 deleted scenes, others had 20. There was an extra disc with the Walmart version that was supposed to have extra features but it was just some random documentary about the comics that nothing to do with the film.

Even the week the DVD was released, FX was showing X2 with behind-the-scenes features to promote the X3 DVD - none of the stuff they showed was on the DVD they were promoting.
Yeah X3's dvd release was a real mess.Certainly hope there's no repeat of that this time around.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #20
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yeah X3's dvd release was a real mess.Certainly hope there's no repeat of that this time around.
I hope not. My copy of the DVD had the 10 deleted scenes, but my dad got the one with the 20 deleted scenes, so we swapped them. He said he never watches the extra stuff anyway.

I hope they don't just leave all the extra features on the blu-ray. I bought Australia a few months ago and all it has is 2 deleted scenes. The blu-ray has a bunch of extra features. Disney does that too with their blu-rays, it's really annoying.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #21
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was in Sears a few days after the movie was released and they were showing the Wolverine trailer on all the TVs. At the end it said "Look for it now on DVD and blu-ray!" The movie had barely been out a week.
Really?!
Quote:
Same here. I've been stashing away money for it for a few months now. I'd get a PS3 if it wasn't so expensive.
It's not so much the cost of the player. There's also the expense of the new blu ray titles and then there's the added problem of not being able to play it on a computer or laptop.
Quote:
I hope not. My copy of the DVD had the 10 deleted scenes, but my dad got the one with the 20 deleted scenes, so we swapped them. He said he never watches the extra stuff anyway.
Over here we got all the deleted scenes thankfully. I just felt bad for all the Americans who had to buy an inferior product. Everyone should really get the same thing.
Quote:
I hope they don't just leave all the extra features on the blu-ray. I bought Australia a few months ago and all it has is 2 deleted scenes. The blu-ray has a bunch of extra features. Disney does that too with their blu-rays, it's really annoying.
Agreed.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #22
Celestial
Side-Kick

I think most Blu-ray players will "upscale" ordinary DVDs though I don't know how much of an improvement that is. The price has dropped to about the price I paid for my first DVD player.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
topdog1
Hero For Hire

I'll be first in line to buy both the regular and Blu-Ray versions. I really want a commentary with Jackman and Hood.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #24
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Really?!

It's not so much the cost of the player. There's also the expense of the new blu ray titles and then there's the added problem of not being able to play it on a computer or laptop.

Over here we got all the deleted scenes thankfully. I just felt bad for all the Americans who had to buy an inferior product. Everyone should really get the same thing.

Agreed.
Many computers and laptops have bluray players built into them nowadays. My laptop has a bluray player and it was only $800.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 06-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #25
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog1 View Post
I'll be first in line to buy both the regular and Blu-Ray versions. I really want a commentary with Jackman and Hood.
Why would you buy the same movie twice That will be like $50 for the same movie....