The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 06-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #26
VenomVsSpidey
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men Origins:Wolverine on DVD/BluRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Why would you buy the same movie twice That will be like $50 for the same movie....

i did that. i double dip quite often with superhero movies, actually.

Spider-Man : VHS & Special Edition
Spider-Man 2 : Original & Re-release
Spider-Man 3 : Single & Double Disc, And A FREE!! copy if it with my PS3.
Batman Begins: Single Disc & Bluray
Dark Knight : Single Disc & Bluray
X-Men Origins : [When It Comes Out] Single Disc [maybe the 2-disc if they have one] and Bluray.

VenomVsSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #27
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the a1ant View Post
WOLVERINE hits UK stores on October 19th!

Check out the trailer/preview for the DVD and Blu-ray on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mpd/perma...m1EZL5PSDD9VWA

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
My god, that is awesome!

I live in the U.S. though, so I wonder what the release date is here?

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #28
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Quote:
Why would you buy the same movie twice That will be like $50 for the same movie....
Because I only have one HD TV and one Blu-Ray player but I have regular DVD's everywhere else. This is a great travel movie as well.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #29
chaseter
Bland User

Sorry but I cannot fathom buying the exact same movie at the exact same time. Sure, when they re-release it a year later with extra features like Spider-Man 2.1 or X-Men 1.5 but if you have that kind of money...HEY!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #30
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomvsspidey View Post
i did that. i double dip quite often with superhero movies, actually.

Spider-Man : VHS & Special Edition
Spider-Man 2 : Original & Re-release
Spider-Man 3 : Single & Double Disc, And A FREE!! copy if it with my PS3.
Batman Begins: Single Disc & Bluray
Dark Knight : Single Disc & Bluray
X-Men Origins : [When It Comes Out] Single Disc [maybe the 2-disc if they have one] and Bluray.
I buy special editions when they come out later but I just don't see the point in buying the same movie at the same time, especially when you know that they will re-release it with more stuff later. You would save money in the long run if you just bought a laptop with a bluray player or a portable bluray player instead of buying the dvd each time. Whatever floats your boat.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #31
Shadow-Guardian
Banned User

I can't believe they showed that much Deadpool footage. Let alone the secret ending.

Shadow-Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #32
chaseter
Bland User

It wasn't secret...

Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #33
cdpetee
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
The thing that's been putting me off Blu-ray is that they don't seem to be region-free. I want one that will play all Blu-ray and DVD discs from all regions.
LOL! Good luck finding a player like that. There are quite a few international Blu-rays that ARE region free. Here's a great website...this link is for discs released OUTSIDE the USA.

http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b

Anything in green IS compatible, anything in pink ISN'T.

cdpetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #34
Celestial
Side-Kick

Thanks for the link. I'll probably end up with both a Blu-ray player and a multi-region DVD player but it can wait until autumn.

Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #35
Ipodman
Love Tension

Yeah.. they let go of alot of secrets in the DVD trailer..
but ppl have the Workprint, and they are thinking "Why do i need to buy this dvd? i alrdy have it in dvd quality..."
Im certainly 100 percent buying this, on DVD. Gambit was awesome even tho some stuff were wrong

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #36
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Here are the specs for the R2 DVD.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #37
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

sounds like a good dvd

Old 07-04-2009, 01:03 AM   #38
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

According to Amazon.com, the US release is on September 15th.

For regular DVD there will be a one-disc version and a 2-disc special edition with a digital copy.

Blu-ray will be the 2-disc version with the digital copy.

And I just got my blu-ray player this week, so I'll be getting that version.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #39
Eric Brooks
Banned User

Quote:
I do this for EVERY DVD I buy

what I do is I buy 2 copies, keep one as a backup (untouched) and one I open only for the purpose of using it to burn onto 2 DVDR's. Then I stash both store bought copies in my closet. One of the DVDR's I use as a backup as well, while I use the remaining DVDR for my viewing pleasure. Once that one gets scratched and stops playing properly, I toss it out and break out the "Backup DVDR" and REBURN it. The 2 store bought copies remain in my closet to collect dust

I do this because I for one, HATE the technology of compact discs. They're fragile and scratch easily ( especially if you're like me and like to watch things repeatedly over and over and over again because you have no life ). In the 90's (before I had a CD Burner on my computer) everytime a CD of mine would stop playing, I would have to go out and REBUY that same CD (I have albums I literally rebought 3 or 4 times) now that's a lot of damn loot to be spending

this just solves ALL OF THAT NONSENSE

Eric Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #40
Celestial
Side-Kick

As the price of DVDs drops so much after six months, wouldn't it make sense to buy your backup copy then?
Sometimes I'll buy a DVD in R1 format because I'm too impatient to wait for the R2 release and then I might buy the R2 when it's cheap.

Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #41
Eric Brooks
Banned User

I don't like to take the chance of it being discontinued by the manufacturer though as most DVD's tend to do that quite often these days. DVD's released a few months ago that can longer be found, etc. I won't risk it

I just buy both copies on release day

example: when Watchmen comes out, you best be sure I'm picking up 2 copies of the Theatrical and 2 copies of the Directors Cut (4 copies total)

Old 07-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #42
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Wow, and I thought I replacing some of my existing DVDs with blu-ray versions was a bit much.

Some of my friends copy their Disney dvds, put away the original, and let the kids use the copies. That way if the kids mess up the DVD, they'll have the original backup and they can just make another copy.

But I usually only buy one copy of any DVD. Replacements are usually not that hard to find, and I don't think I've ever needed to replace one outside of an upgraded version.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #43
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

is there anyway to convert dvd into blu ray? I mean if you buy a blu ray player, then what about all of your dvds? do blu ray players play dvds?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #44
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I'm not getting it, I'll rent it and see the final film. I've only seen the leaked version.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #45
Eric Brooks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I mean if you buy a blu ray player, then what about all of your dvds? do blu ray players play dvds?

yes they do, a Blu-Ray player will not only play your old DVD's but it'll enhance the quality of the DVD as well

nifty ain't it?

Old 07-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #46
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

why, that is NIFTY!

Old 07-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #47
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Brooks View Post
I do this for EVERY DVD I buy

what I do is I buy 2 copies, keep one as a backup (untouched) and one I open only for the purpose of using it to burn onto 2 DVDR's. Then I stash both store bought copies in my closet. One of the DVDR's I use as a backup as well, while I use the remaining DVDR for my viewing pleasure. Once that one gets scratched and stops playing properly, I toss it out and break out the "Backup DVDR" and REBURN it. The 2 store bought copies remain in my closet to collect dust

I do this because I for one, HATE the technology of compact discs. They're fragile and scratch easily ( especially if you're like me and like to watch things repeatedly over and over and over again because you have no life ). In the 90's (before I had a CD Burner on my computer) everytime a CD of mine would stop playing, I would have to go out and REBUY that same CD (I have albums I literally rebought 3 or 4 times) now that's a lot of damn loot to be spending

this just solves ALL OF THAT NONSENSE
No offense but that just sounds crazy. 4 dvd's of the same movie Not trying to be rude but do you have ocd? I am very ocd with my movies as well but I take excellent care of them and not a single one has a scratch. I just put it in carefully and take it out carefully. Are you throwing your dvd's into the tray or something?

Old 07-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #48
Eric Brooks
Banned User

Quote:
No offense but that just sounds crazy. 4 dvd's of the same movie Not trying to be rude but do you have ocd? I am very ocd with my movies as well but I take excellent care of them and not a single one has a scratch. I just put it in carefully and take it out carefully. Are you throwing your dvd's into the tray or something?
I'm not sure if I have OCD or not, I might have a slight case of it. I've been a neat freak my entire life, and I always have to make sure my collectibles, magazines, loose comics and trades have to be placed "just so" on the shelf.

No, I never throw CD's or DVD's into the tray. I'm the type of person who needs to place them on the tray slowly, and carefully. If it doesn't sit on the tray perfectly the first time, I have to pick it up, put it under a light to inspect it, then retry. Somehow, even though I'm as careful as can be, scratches STILL end up on the damn things.

I've had DVD players that scratch DVD's during play (so it's not always a matter of placing it carefully onto the tray) and I've also ordered new DVD's off of amazon.com only to open them and find scratches on them already.

I have 8 copies of "The New Adventures of Batman" because not a single copy came in mint condition. Yes, they were brand new, factory sealed and STILL had scratches on them

it's why I loathe compact discs, crap technology

Last edited by Eric Brooks; 07-04-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #49
chaseter
Bland User

You sound exactly like me But, I only buy 1 copy and my ps3 never scratches any of my discs.

If you get a scratched copy of a dvd, simply return it and tell them. I have returned a few dvd's and games to Best Buy because they had scratches and they gladly let me get a new one because they incur no cost, the manufacturer does.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #50
Eric Brooks
Banned User

^have you ever found scratches on brand new factory sealed DVD's though?

that's the worst, and it's what originally sealed the deal to purchase multiple copies of DVD's before they go out of print

I can't stand it

I'm pretty sure Amazon.com reseals used DVD's and sells them as new