The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
SatEL
Banned User

Default What was the best scene in the movie IYO?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Mine was when Prime was taking on all those robots in the forest right before he died, that was so bad ass and got me pumped.

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
Mantis Rapture
Actual Drug Dealer

Default Re: What was the best scene in the movie IYO?

^ I'm pretty certain that'll be everyones answer to your question.

Such an awesome, awesome scene. Fantasticly choeographed, shot, edited - badass.

"I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!"

I've gotta admit i also loved the part...

...at the beginning in Shanghai. The plane flying above the city, it's cargo hold door opening to reveal Prime in truck form and him just drivin out, transforming midair, landing, transforming back into the truck and going on take on that massive wheel thing. "Pull over!"

Everything else in the film was secondary to such badassness.

Mantis Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Rapture View Post
^ I'm pretty certain that'll be everyones answer to your question.

Such an awesome, awesome scene. Fantasticly choeographed, shot, edited - badass.

"I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!"

I've gotta admit i also loved the part...

...at the beginning in Shanghai. The plane flying above the city, it's cargo hold door opening to reveal Prime in truck form and him just drivin out, transforming midair, landing, transforming back into the truck and going on take on that massive wheel thing. "Pull over!"

Everything else in the film was secondary to such badassness.
The two scenes above are the easily the best in the film. The next best two would be:

Sideswipe taking care of Sideways...cool as ****

Prime VS the Fallen. I know it's not much of a fight but it reminded me of Neo VS Smith at the end of the first Matrix...Fallen had no chance.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
ColbyCo
Newbie First Class

Prime combining with Jetfire and going all badass on Megatron and the Fallen.
EPIC!!!!

ColbyCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Megatron and Starscream on Cybertron and pretty much anything else involving those 2.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 AM   #6
SatEL
Banned User

Now more people have seen the movie what did you all like?

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
PWN3R
mowing lawns

Sam screaming like a little girl in the dorm room.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:36 AM   #8
Drizzle
Assemble Again

I really loved the forest fight. Prime just ripping Grindor's head in half made the movie for me.

I also really liked Shanghai because it had Sideswipe's best moment ("Damn, I'm good.") and one of the best lines of the movie, courtesy of Ironhide ("Punkass Decepticon!").

Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 AM   #9
maveholic31
Banned User

I loved the credits... that counts right?

maveholic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:22 AM   #10
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg.

Come on, fellas. You all know if you were him you'd be doing the same thing.

Seriously, though, I liked the part in Shanghai with Arcee chasing Sideways and Sideswipe ****ing him up. "Damn, I'm good."

I wish we could've seen more with him. It would've been better if they got rid of the twins and had Sideswipe hanging out with Bumblebee, Sam and the others. Ok, I'm getting off track.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 06-24-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #11
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
I nearly pissed myself watching that.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #12
macdawson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWN3R View Post
That one had people laughing their asses off. I thought it was Leo at first but it was Sam. And Alice getting beat up by BB...LOL.

As for the actual question of favorite scene... there are just too many.
I would have to say its that scene that starts at 00:00:00 and ends at 02:47:00. LOL. An awesome movie all the way.

macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
theJust
Side-Kick

How about three scenes that had me scratching my head:
when sam meets Optimus in the graveyard, why doesnt he tell him about flip out with the symbols he had??

anytime the autobots just disappear in a battle when they could be useful to others...and it is called transformers right, we should see them in action, instead of watching humans duck a lot?

when the constructicons are in two places at once during the finale...
ravage is killed by bumblebee and longhaul and two of the others are clearly chasing Sam, but are also somehow a 1/2 mile away formed as Devastator climbing a pyramid..

Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #14
DopdBrd
Side-Kick

By far my favorite scene!

"I'll take you all on!"

Gave me chills and showed his true power.

DopdBrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
macdawson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJust View Post
How about three scenes that had me scratching my head:
when sam meets Optimus in the graveyard, why doesnt he tell him about flip out with the symbols he had??

anytime the autobots just disappear in a battle when they could be useful to others...and it is called transformers right, we should see them in action, instead of watching humans duck a lot?

when the constructicons are in two places at once during the finale...
ravage is killed by bumblebee and longhaul and two of the others are clearly chasing Sam, but are also somehow a 1/2 mile away formed as Devastator climbing a pyramid..
1 - Sam meets Optimus at the graveyard BEFORE he has the flip out in class.

2 - The Autobots are there, fighting their asses off, they just... don't show them all the time. More Autobots kicking ass next time. Still, this movie has some truly awesome Autobot action, don't you think?

3 - Ah! Yes! The double Constructicon thing!!! An option has been advanced in these forums, that the doubles are the Protoforms that descended in Egypt that, without any sutable veihicles to trans-scan, used previously scan shape files, thus leading to the doubles and the appearence of a "Bonecrusher" clone.
I, however, have yet another theory, and since there is nothing to actually substanciate it except my own interpretation of the events from the movie (and the novel, mostly), thats all it is, a theory.
The individual Constructicons, seen throughout the movie and in the battle itself, are not Devastator.
Devastator is a separate entity all together.
Like Arcee, or almost, since no combined form of the bikes is seen, he splits into several alt modes wich are similar to the Constructicons alt modes (the reason for the copy of alt modes may be explained as stated above).
Notice that the veihicles that form him never transform into robot form before they merge, they just start... merging.
This explains the doubles in the battle field, wich are the actual Constructicons, and the fact that one of the veihicles, Scavenger, who was destroyed in Shanghai, is part of Devastator.
It also explains why, when hit by the rail-gun projectile, Devastator is killed instead of just spliting into several Decepticons. If he was formed by several entities, the ones that were actually hit would have been killed or severely damaged but the others would survive. But because he is just one, the shot destroys his spark and kills him.
Remember, this is just a theory i got mostly after reading the novel. After watching the movie i saw nothing to confirm this, but i saw nothing that denies it either. Tell me what you think.

macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
3 - Ah! Yes! The double Constructicon thing!!! An option has been advanced in these forums, that the doubles are the Protoforms that descended in Egypt that, without any sutable veihicles to trans-scan, used previously scan shape files, thus leading to the doubles and the appearence of a "Bonecrusher" clone.
I, however, have yet another theory, and since there is nothing to actually substanciate it except my own interpretation of the events from the movie (and the novel, mostly), thats all it is, a theory.
The individual Constructicons, seen throughout the movie and in the battle itself, are not Devastator.
Like Arcee, or almost, since no combined form of the bikes is seen, he splits into several alt modes wich are similar to the Constructicons alt modes (the reason for the copy of alt modes may be explained as stated above).
Notice that the veihicles that form him never transform into robot form before they merge, they just start... merging.
This explains the doubles in the battle field, wich are the actual Constructicons, and the fact that one of the veihicles, Scavenger, who was destroyed in Shanghai, is part of Devastator.
It also explains why, when hit by the rail-gun projectile, Devastator is killed instead of just spliting into several Decepticons. If he was formed by several entities, the ones that were actually hit would have been killed or severely damaged but the others would survive. But because he is just one, the shot destroys his spark and kills him.
Remember, this is just a theory i got mostly after reading the novel. After watching the movie i saw nothing to confirm this, but i saw nothing that denies it either. Tell me what you think.
Another theory:
Bay and his writers just dont give a **** about those inconsistencies to care enough to fix them.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #17
FreeRadical
HAIL HYDRA!

Any scene with Isabel Lucas.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Overman27pj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Earle View Post
another theory:
Bay and his writers just dont give a **** about those inconsistencies to care enough to fix them.
qft

Overman27pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
The Guard
Side-Kick

The graveyard scene with Sam and Optimus. Sums up their conflict and relationship fairly succinctly. For some reason I just really liked the whole "You're Optimus Prime, you don't need me!" bit and Prime's response.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #20
HboyBowen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
Megatron and Starscream on Cybertron and pretty much anything else involving those 2.
They never went to Cybertron in the film that was like Saturn or somethin close becuz when Megatron first got there were rings around the planet.Cybertron is a giant Transformer anyways called Primus he doesnt have rings

HboyBowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #21
TNC9852002
Banned User

Quote:
It does make sense when you think about it...Interesting theory.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #22
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
1 - Sam meets Optimus at the graveyard BEFORE he has the flip out in class.

2 - The Autobots are there, fighting their asses off, they just... don't show them all the time. More Autobots kicking ass next time. Still, this movie has some truly awesome Autobot action, don't you think?

Good theory.

BTW, Scavenger wasn't killed in Shanghai. That was Demolisher and he's not one of the Constructicons.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #23
Drz
Real Hero

I loved all the action scenes and Megatron + Starscream scene.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Optimus vs Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor. Optimus was a total monster. He reminded me of King Kong right there. That's the best, but other good ones are...

The Decepticons descent to Earth, nice brother to the first one's Autobots arrival

Bumblebee whooping two decepticons. (A friend of mine a few years ago commented how the autobots got whooped for most of the end battle of the first one. They got their payback!)

The shanghai stuff was cool.

I liked Sam's dad freaking out about staying together. It injected some human qualities into the movie, and was a cool juxtaposition to his mom's more humorous crying earlier on.

My jaw was dropped seeing Devastator forming up.

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
5. The Raid 2
The Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #25
DOG LIPS
El Señor Presidente

I don't know why, but my favorite part of the movie was:

After Megs gets half his face shot off, he lays on the ground and cries out for Starscream.

I have no idea why, but it was the part that made me grin, and it stuck with me.

"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
DOG LIPS is offline   Reply With Quote