DESI

Default Re: Resistance 3

Interesting so there still may be a chance for a uncharted 3 reveal

Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #77
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

I am 99.9999% sure there will be an U3 announcement either during the awards or on the 12th.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #78
Havok83
Side-Kick

I saw a source at Kotaku say it will be UC3. I hope not as that would be a dissapointment. Everyone already knows its coming. I was hoping for a real surprise

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #79
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

The real surprise will come when it looks ****ing fantastic and clanks it up to 100%.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #80
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

Meh, as everyone knows...I'm a Resistance fanboy.

I could careless about the (U3) announcement on the 12th now that I get R3 news on the 11th. haha

THE LIZARD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #81
Superhero 101
DESI

New Gameplay Details
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1138838p1.html

Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #82
Benstamania
Shot first.

You have no idea how much of a sigh of relief I breathed. I was afraid it was going to be Left 4 Deadish....

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #83
Superhero 101
DESI

I am kind of worried that they will make the Multiplayer like COD which i don't like that much i liked how R2 was

FEW NEW SCREENS
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...-Facebook.html
Nothing Much but atleast we get something

Last edited by Superhero 101; 12-07-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Superhero 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #84
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Hopefully you had a chance to check out the teaser for our new trailer which will premier exclusively this Saturday during the Spike Video Game Awards (check your local listings for time and network if you’re outside the US). And, we look forward to sharing more with you about the trailer after the VGAs this weekend. But even prior to the VGAs, a lot of new info has hit since GamesCom via a couple magazine covers that you may have seen – but if you missed it, we’re here to catch you up.
First of all, the main protagonist in Resistance 3 is Joseph Capelli, the Sentinel who (HUGE RESISTANCE 2 SPOILERS HERE… if you haven’t played it yet, go buy a Greatest Hits copy now!) was forced to kill Nathan Hale at the end of R2. Capelli was dishonorably discharged, and four years later is living in hiding with his wife, Susan, and son, Jack, along with other survivors in the town of Haven, Oklahoma. He’s given up fighting, and is now just trying to hide and survive the Chimeran death squads that roam the planet. But when Dr. Malikov arrives with an opportunity to deliver a blow to the Chimera, Capelli embarks on a road trip to New York City. Resistance 3 is a tale of Capelli’s heroic journey across the country as he encounters the remnants of humanity left in the aftermath of the brutal invasion.
We wanted to show you some of our favorite concept art and screenshots so far, with some “director’s commentary” on each. Check out our favorite screenshots below.

In Resistance 3, humans are hunted by Chimeran death squads, but various groups have figured out different ways to survive across the destroyed country.

One of our favorite concepts, emphasizing the brutality of the world. Capelli using the new Marksman.
The GamesCom trailer was meant to give you a glimpse and foreshadow the universe that we are creating, whereas the live-action in the upcoming VGA trailer will actually represent some moments from the game, and hopefully give you a taste of the world, atmosphere and mood in Resistance 3.

Part of Capelli’s journey involves a treacherous boat journey. This shows off our new Capelli model (yup, he does look different and skinnier, four years of malnutrition as food is now scarce), holding Resistance’s signature weapon, the Bullseye. Folks who are looking carefully will notice the Goliath in the background, as well as a new enemy, the Longlegs.

In Resistance 3, the Chimera have formed into two distinct groups. Feral Chimera, such as the grim seen above and others such as the Widowmaker, are a constant threat to humans and even militarized Chimera.

Early in the game, you’ll meet Capelli’s wife, Susan. Fans of the universe and novelization will recognize her as Nathan Hale’s stepsister.

The military chimera are still a strong presence in 1957, with roving death squads and drones continuing to exterminate any signs of humanity while protecting key Chimeran installations.

This is a screenshot taken from one of our multiplayer maps. The multiplayer locations in the game are set around the world, with many in locations not in the single-player game. This level is the Fort Lamy prison, in the Republic of Chad, Africa. During the single-player campaign, you’ll hear updates about the battle happening there.

Many folks have written to us with questions about gameplay, co-op, and multiplayer. A few quick answers: The weapon wheel returns, allowing Capelli to carry his entire arsenal and letting the player choose which weapons and strategies they want to use for each encounter. New to Resistance 3 are upgradeable weapons, which will give your weapons new abilities and power as you continue to use them. In terms of co-op, we are focusing on a 2-player co-op through the single-player campaign, which can be played online with a friend, or split-screen on your couch. In terms of multiplayer, we are planning a much more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience. We’ll have many more details on the new campaign, enemies, multiplayer and weapons in the weeks to come as we head towards our Fall 2011 release.
That’s all for now, stay tuned for the newest trailer – we can’t wait to hear what you think
Hell Yeah!!!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-story-so-far/

IIII

Last edited by KALEL114; 12-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #85
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

I swear we knew all this a while ago. Anyway split-screen campaign co-op ROCKS. Weapon wheel ROCKS. This game ROCKS.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #86
Havok83
Side-Kick

I prefer only carrying 2 guns as opposed to having everything available to you at will.

I hope they go out of their way to actually make Capelli likeable bc I hated him in the last game. I was hoping that would end with his death

Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #87
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I prefer only carrying 2 guns as opposed to having everything available to you at will.
Why? The whole point of Resistance is whacky, fun guns and then you can't even use 95% of them at any given time? It was a generic and lame move, despite how much I love R2.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #88
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I hope they go out of their way to actually make Capelli likeable bc I hated him in the last game.

Same here. I think 4 years in those conditions, will make him a lot more likeable. Sympathetic at least.

IIII
Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #89
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
Why? The whole point of Resistance is whacky, fun guns and then you can't even use 95% of them at any given time? It was a generic and lame move, despite how much I love R2.
I guess Im just so used to that now as opposed to the old days of FPS games on the PC where all you had to press was a number key to bring up a new gun. I tend to prefer carrying just 2 at a time bc for the most part I wont be using every weapon out there anyway. Its faster and easier to just manage 2 guns as opposed to a wheel of 10 or so weapons. I only played the demo for R1, but I remember not liking that when I did, and much preferred R2's set up. I thought the simplified approach was the better way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEL114 View Post
Same here. I think 4 years in those conditions, will make him a lot more likeable. Sympathetic at least.
one can only hope. He needs to be less of a dick and I have hope that this will be the case bc of the reason you posted

Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #90
Benstamania
Shot first.

I... I still wish we were playing as Hale. I know what happened... but still.

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #91
Havok83
Side-Kick

hey it would be cool if there was a twist in which he did survive and he gets to be your co op partner. I doubt it, but Id love that

Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #92
Superhero 101
DESI

I wonder if they will bring back the Splitscreen vs Mode they had in R1

Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #93
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Insomniac just released a new theme. Get it and directions to DL it here.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-i...e-for-download

IIII
Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #94
Superhero 101
DESI

It's a cool theme!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #95
Joe Von Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess Im just so used to that now as opposed to the old days of FPS games on the PC where all you had to press was a number key to bring up a new gun. I tend to prefer carrying just 2 at a time bc for the most part I wont be using every weapon out there anyway. Its faster and easier to just manage 2 guns as opposed to a wheel of 10 or so weapons. I only played the demo for R1, but I remember not liking that when I did, and much preferred R2's set up. I thought the simpliied approach was the better way to go.
The problem with the two gun layout is you never had to THINK about what was coming. In R2 if you found a rocket launcher, something big was right around the corner.R2 always handed you EXACTLY what you needed when you needed it. It made the game far more predictable than its predecessor. the weapon wheel made the player actually think about how to approach a situation which is what separated it from its competition.

Needless to say I'm happy to see the wheel's return

There is a huge difference between "I want to honor my loved ones" and "I hate criminals, and want to punish them".

That difference is called "Batman".- The Guard
Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #96
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

Just got some exciting news! Unfortunately, I can't share it at this time but man...this game is getting better and better!

Can't wait to hear your guys's thoughts.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #97
The Guardian
Forever In Darkness

The trailer at the VGAs was AWESOME, Insomniac NEVER disappoints, well, me anyways!!!

The Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #98
Superhero 101
DESI

I am kind of dissapointed by the graphics I mean they r good but I was expecting more. the trailer was really good especially the end with the hammer!!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #99
THE LIZARD#1
Side-Kick

My thoughts on the trailer...

Absolutely phenomenal! It was a nice change of pace. This year's VGA's reminded me a lot of E3 2005. Everyone showed up with pre-rendered ******** from the Blur studio. While I will admit their work was mighty impressive, it just didn't do any of the games justice.

Resistance 3, for me at least and yeah I am a little biased, premiered the best trailer. From a creative standpoint, the transition between live action and gameplay was quite a spectacle. I'm absolutely floored by the updated graphics engine for Resistance 3. I find it amusing that a lot of people think it was pre-rendered. Like I told Insomniac, you know you have something special when people question the authenticity of your product.

And I know I'll receive backlash for that statement. I'm expecting future forum posts to read "Dude, the graphics weren't even that good. They were a major let down." That's fine but you guys do realize that those graphics are far from being polished.

Insomniac Games, same with a few other developers, are merely implementing every mechanic at this point in time. They have successfully wrapped up campaign and the game is playable from start to finish on disc. Not sure if you guys are diehard Insomniac fans like me but if you are you'll know that that's quite the spectacle for this company to achieve.

Beginning March 2011, Insomniac Games will be going full blast on devoting the remaining six months of the projects solely to graphics and tuning. I'm willing to bet, this will be by far the best installment of the Resistance franchise.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:26 AM   #100
Superhero 101
DESI

I honestly think the graphics look the same insomniac needs to improve the graphics and they should be able to since the game is practically finished