The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 06-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #251
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Default Re: The Twins: Racist?

just saw the movie and i still think everyone here is crazy..

there isnt anything remotely "racist" about them
and second of all... they sounded more redneck than black..lol

while i didnt laugh out loud at any of their jokes.. i think they were still pretty entertaining

Old 06-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #252
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
LOL, the defenses against this **** are hilarious. The people defending this **** probably haven't seen the movie.
I saw it awesome movie cant wait for part 3 ohhhh and nothing racist about the twins.

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #253
PWN3R
SHUSH!

After seeing the film, this whole 'controversy' concerning the twins being racist is pathetic. Whoever instigated this is really grasping for straws.

Now if the question is if they are funny at all, the answer is no. They have their moments, but overall are just slightly annoying. The 'it is suppose to, it is an ass beating' line was great though.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #254
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon2K1 View Post
I wouldn't say Jazz was goofy. He at least had a measure of class that the "Twins" lack. It pissed me off that he was killed in the first movie. I don't see any other Autobot that could replace him as second in command. He was a heroic warrior who saw the value of humans (Ironhide didn't care much for them) and watched out for his own (presuading Prime to rescue Bumblebee). I think giving him the ax was a big mistake.
I want Jazz back. They brought three other characters back to life. Why not him?

Jazz is my favourite TF ever.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #255
Stealthmanx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I want Jazz back. They brought three other characters back to life. Why not him?

Jazz is my favourite TF ever.
if by three other characters back to life, you mean "Blackout" that wasn't him
that was Grindor.

Stealthmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #256
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthmanx View Post
if by three other characters back to life, you mean "Blackout" that wasn't him
that was Grindor.
I was actually talking about Sam. He was dead, briefly.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:48 AM   #257
Episode29
Hooper Drives The Boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejake01 View Post
Way to lose all credibility! Good on you!

Song of the South was an adaptation of stories that belong to the African American community. Black actors starred in it, because they were proud of the work. There is a huge campaign from the African American community for Song of the South to be released on DVD. Disney as a corporation is scared to death to release a classic, for unfounded reasons.
It was based on stories adapted by a white man named Joel Chandler Harris. He essentially put a smiley face over the slavery period and presented a white-washed portrait of the black experience. The film did the same. I seriously doubt they joined out for reverence for Harris' work. If it had been an adaptation of Chesnutt's Conjure Woman tales, that mwould have been a different story. By the way, as an added bonus, they banned the lead actor from the premiere.

There may be a huge campaign by the actors' descendants to release the film, and they did some fine work, but the project was hardly produced on African-American goodwill. Walt Disney was the mastermind behind it, as detailed in numerous biographies.

Episode29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #258
B
[insert witty comment]

For f**k sake...

I just have to say right at the top that this is the most stupid **** I have ever read in my life. How the hell can 2 fictional robots be a racist portrayal of anyone, considering they are never implied to be, nor ever will be White or Black, Italian or American etc etc..

Really whoever wrote that article is a racist, he hears a character talking about lack of reading, acting in a 'street' like manner & he automatically assumed they where making fun of black people... thats f**kin racist on the article writers part, not the characters portrayal..

Last edited by B; 06-24-2009 at 06:26 AM.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #259
kane9321
oakland's finest

gotta see the movie to respond about this. Afew friends of mine saw the movie lastnite..the first thing that came outta their mouths were...."those twin bots were so F'n stereotyipcal"..."Huh what, twinbots" was my reply. My boy said "hell yeh, one bot even had a gold tooth in his mouth"

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #260
BillyZaned
Banned User

racist... yes, they were... the big ears, gold teeth, voices, speech.. everything was basically the sterotypical black southern transformed (pun intended) into a robot....

BillyZaned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #261
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

They are now being dubbed CAR CAR BINKS. Love it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #262
Nivek
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
They are now being dubbed CAR CAR BINKS. Love it.

Sure, it's an incredibly stupid term and your hating on this flick. of course you love it. Not happy with 'Jar jar Twins" or whatever that quip was that Devin came up with?

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #263
Blackman
C'mon Son

Car Car Binks is clever

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #264
tekken
Side-Kick

they weren't racist sterotypical characters...they were just stupid autobots. seeing those stereotypes says more about the people who saw them than the actual characters themselves. i mean really...they were just annoying, not racist by any means. im 17 and stupid; perhaps i'm not as mature or whatever...but i thought they were pretty funny at times. i mean obviously i would have liked it if we saw more of ironhide and sideswipe in the twins' place, but whatever.

and you guys who say this is the next batman & robin, you're kidding yourself. maybe batman forever, but not batman & robin. that crapfest made me want to kill myself. just TRY to watch it, it'll make you cry. transformers 2 had awesome visuals, awesome fighting, awesome transformations, and awesome explosions (along with the bad obviously). what did batman & robin have? freaking ice puns 24/7, cold nipples, and a 30 year robin who somehow didn't manage to move out of the house and mooches off of batman. i mean the only part i enjoyed in that movie was when it ended.

oh and...hate to break it to you guys, but i'm pretty sure this movie was aimed to the 12-18 year olds. so i thoroughly enjoyed it, but i can definitely see where the hate comes from.

tekken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #265
Nivek
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Car Car Binks is clever
No, it's not.

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #266
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

These characters I didn't feel were racist. Just annoying as all hell.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #267
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

I loved the line (and I'm paraphrasing here): "Come on and get your ice cream. And if there's any decepticons out here, get ready for an ass-whoopin'."

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #268
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah and they didn't do anything.

And then they proceed to not do anything relevant for the entire movie.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #269
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: The Twins: Racist?

Hahaha, seriously, how can anyone say the twins were racist? Yeah, they were retarded but I had fun with them. I am African American myself and I wasn't offended.

I can see if all they did was act like morons and didn't do anything. But like heroes they stood and fought.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
When one of the twins was thought to be dead everyone in the theater starting applauding when he punched through Devastator.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #270
Krimasen
Avenger 0

I liked them. I thought they had some funny lines. I wasn't annoyed by them nearly as much as I was Leo. And there was nothing racist about them (they're robots!) and the people who think there is are probably the same people who look for any little thing to be offended by.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #271
The Guard
Side-Kick

Saw the movie. The Twins are not racist, they're just silly and over the top and slapstick, and they have a few moments that actually end up being a bit humorous, thanks to the silly voicework and the pacing of their dialogue. They're basically just modern slapstick robots. There's a bit of redneck and a bit of ghetto, and they're obviously a hodgepodge of various concepts. They're basically just posers, though. There's no value judgement made on them by the movie, and it seems to me that the movie, rather than poking fun of the Twins, highlights their cultural elements to be "cool". At my theatre, people laughed at all the "Because you're a pussy" jokes, and were obviously laughing with the Twins and their observations, not at them.

Quote:
But "we don't do much readin'? With a big gold tooth? That's NOT offensive?
Why is that offensive?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #272
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I dont see why people feel the need to tell people who are offended by the twins that they dont have a point. I didnt find them all that offensive but I can definitely see why it has some people upset.

The people on here arent the only ones insulted by them so why is there a need to belittle their opinions about the twins by calling them whiney and senstive?

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #273
JAK®
Upstart

I don't get offended easily and I think the twins might have been a bit too much. Mostly because there is not a single black character who doesn't yell or act like an idiot in either movie. On their own, I wouldn't call them racist. But coupled with the actions of every other black character, I'm beginning to question exactly how Micheal Bay thinks black people act.

This is really the only problem I have with the movies.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #274
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

After watching this movie I can still say that the Twins are not racist but more of an insult to all bipedal life forms.

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #275
HboyBowen
Side-Kick

HOW ARE U GUYS GETTING OFFENDED FOR ANOTHER RACE. YOU SAY THEY ARE RACIST AGAINST BLACKS BUT MOST OF YOU ARENT BLACK. If anyone should be offended its me because I'm black but I'm not its a robot that tries to act black. actors try to imitate other culture all the time but when a robot does it its racist GROW THE HECK UP OR GET A LIFE

HboyBowen is offline   Reply With Quote