The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 AM   #51
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Moments in the movie that made you go "WTF?!?"

to me it was when jetfire was able to teleport. it just didnt feel right.

Last edited by dark_b; 06-25-2009 at 08:34 AM.
dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #52
The-HYPE
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
to me it was when jetfire was able to teleport. it just didnt fell right.
In the adaptation Jetfire actually explain what space bridge was and why it was discontinue in later transformers beings. I feel like the movie was rush, I hope they release a director cut like Lord of the Rings, most scene felt rush with no explaination.

The-HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #53
Maximum Carnage
Tanned User

My WTF moment: Sitting in the IMAX theatre premiere Tuesday night, I was sitting next to a 350 lb. old man.. not by choice, but because the entire place was beaner-packed! Anyway, the scenes with Megan Fox in the beginning had the old man next to me basically growning, saying "ohhhhh yeahhh...," and making these disturbing noises.

Besides that, is it bad that I actually laughed at the Devastator scrotum part? :/
And Spongebob as Wheelie! Ha!!

Maximum Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #54
brimstone_halo
Side-Kick

Sams mom getting high was a waist of time. I'm a stoner even and I thought it was very out of place and kinda awkward.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #55
SpiderByte
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Seriously, there are so many of them that I'd need a couple of hours to jot them down on here.

But I'll lead off with the constructicon mishap in the 3rd act ......... that's when I just about lost it. How they were shown combined and climbing the pyramid at the same time they were fighting individually down on the ground.
They could have scanned the same alt modes. There were 2 Rampages, one red and one yellow.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #56
SpiderByte
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimstone_halo View Post
Sams mom getting high was a waist of time. I'm a stoner even and I thought it was very out of place and kinda awkward.
Why do you say that like its a good thing?

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #57
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
After a 3 minute arguement with his father about not leaving together and seperating in which the dad tearfully allows sam to go do his thing. He tells megan fox to go 2 she says NO once and thats that shes with him til the end, so dad saying I'm not going without you son 13 times means nothing but when the human cleaveage says it once well then thats FINAL.
The entire point of that scene is that he's grown beyond needing his parents. It's the only arc his parents had, and it had to be completed. "You have to let me go" makes that pretty apparent. Good moment from his father, I thought. He broke down well there.

And the whole point of Mikaela staying with him is her saying "I don't care what we go through, I'm sticking by your side". Something that didn't happen earlier in the film. That's HER only arc, and it had to be resolved somehow.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #58
Hulk1968
An agent of chaos...

wow, so many WTF moments, seeing Simmon's man-thong, the whole bit about Sam's mom getting baked on "all natural" cookies w/ the obvious pot leaf on the bag, the Pretender Alice revealing herself when her 5 foot long tail and tongue came out, Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg, the Twins sounding like rappers - guess they watched too much MTV, I could go on and on, but overall it was better than the first, more bots, more destruction, more explosions, and more action

Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #59
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

Quote:
Sams mom getting high was a waste of time. I'm a stoner even and I thought it was very out of place and kinda awkward.
And since when does being high on pot brownies make someone run outside and tackle a stranger to the ground? I seriously doubt that Michael Bay has never smoked pot before, so why did he put that in there?

The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #60
The Guard
Side-Kick

Who said it was only pot in the brownies?

Seriously, though, she obviously knows what's in the brownies, wants to cut loose a bit, and overdoes it. It's a stupid scene, but it's also mercifully short.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #61
dark_b
Side-Kick

people are sying that in reality we dont talk like the Twins or like Glen or ,.....

but who said that thats the reason why they are like that? i think they are like that because thats what people find funny.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #62
Mr. Para-Normal
Banned User

Well I havent seen the film yet (seeing it Friday) but I have read the novel. The biggest WTF momments where the dogs humping, Leo And Simmons ass, Bumblebee not knowing the Alice is a Decipticon even though she is sitting RIGHT inside him, The Twins talking and devesators balls. How easily the Fallen was beaten and the fact they they never explan what makes the Primes so different from the rest of the Transformers. But all that aside I am still going to see this Friday and maybe see it again Saturday!

This is not a WTF from the movie but my cusin went to the midnight showing tuesday and he said it was PACKED! Anyway he said some guy sitting two seats from him was jacking off to Megan Fox DURING THE MOVIE!! He said the guy was making sounds and other people started to realise what he was doing and everyone was like EWW lol. The guy had to leave the movie because some people complained lol. Crazy stuff!

Mr. Para-Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #63
Superhero 101
DESI

^^^ The Same thing happened to me when i went to go See 300 this guy three seats away from me just started jacking off it was really disgusting i got up and moved as far away as i could.

Leo coming out of the Bathroom with his pants down and Devastators Balls

Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #64
dark_b
Side-Kick

you mean Sam's happy time?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #65
Mr. Para-Normal
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
^^^ The Same thing happened to me when i went to go See 300 this guy three seats away from me just started jacking off it was really disgusting i got up and moved as far away as i could.

Leo coming out of the Bathroom with his pants down and Devastators Balls

LOL was he jacking off the the sex scene or the guys in tights lol ha ha ha I hope it was the sex scene lol. But anyway thats crazy man how can anyone jack off in a public place I mean really.

Mr. Para-Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #66
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Congratulations

I would totally advertise that too! Btw, I am a raging alcoholic and I know for a fact that there would have been beer at that party.....

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #67
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Seriously, there are so many of them that I'd need a couple of hours to jot them down on here.

But I'll lead off with the constructicon mishap in the 3rd act ......... that's when I just about lost it. How they were shown combined and climbing the pyramid at the same time they were fighting individually down on the ground.
I'll have to watch for it when I go this weekend again but didn't the constructicons rejoin the battle after getting blown off the pryamids?

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #68
Dark Victory
Ogdred Weary

. Sam's mom getting high and then just tackles somebody.

. The film's editing

. How everyone at college looks like an Abercrombie or Holliter model

. Transformer heaven which was horribly done

Dark Victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #69
The Lizard
Didn't eat Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Seriously, though, she obviously knows what's in the brownies, wants to cut loose a bit, and overdoes it. It's a stupid scene, but it's also mercifully short.
It certainly is stupid, but I don't think I'd call any scene with Sam's parents "mercifully short" in this movie. There were way to many of them, and they were so bad, they seemed to go on way too long.

The Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #70
Darthkush
Avenger

Devastator's balls. That was far worse than I expected. Just the sex humor in general. Also I know it's pg-13 but did anybody catch any F-bombs? I could've sworn I heard a couple. I don't have kids but after watching the film I think it might've been a bit much for really little kids. I felt embarrassed for the parents of all the kids who were there today when I saw it.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #71
Still A ThorFan
Side-Kick

Damn, this movie must have sucked. I'm not even going to bother spending my 11.25 on it.

Thor: As strong as thee monster? NAY! I BE STRONGER!
Still A ThorFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #72
chaseter
Bland User

That is what I do...listen to other people's opinions to make my own decision.

Does this movie have a lot of wtf moments? Oh yes it does. But, the first had them too and this movie is bigger so it of course also has bigger wtf moments.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #73
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

The biggest WTF moment for me was the vision Sam had of the "Prime Heaven" I mean get the movie is out-there, but that just seemed so out of place. It was so weird and awkward...really cast a silence across the people in my viewing.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #74
Darthkush
Avenger

Not in the movie but in my theatre. A boy(who wasn't more than 8 or 9) acted like he was nutting in his pants when he saw Megan Fox taking off her clothes and changing into what looked sort of like a wedding dress. He was loudly going "ohhhhhh, oh my god!" until his mother told him" shhh, stop that!"

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:32 AM   #75
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

Transformers Heaven and D.C. being a desert were huge WTF's for me...but theres several more that made me cringe...Not worth the ticket price