The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #76
Nivek
Banned User

Default Re: MEGATRON : Vol 2 - The Irreplaceable Leader of the Decepticons

I loved the Tank Tread feet, especially with him "peeliing out" on Starcreams chest.

Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #77
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I loved the Tank Tread feet, especially with him "peeliing out" on Starcreams chest.
Agreed .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #78
Mr. Earle
Banned User

I liked the way he used the threads as well. But look at this pic. He is too bottom heavy. I remember that after he beats him he says "no more disguises, no more mercy" and he is walking slowly around the skyscraper. But he was too awkward with those things so thats the scene that made me dislike them. I dislike mostly the size and not the thread concept.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #79
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
The Dinobots have their moments, sure, but overall, Grimlock doesnt have the Matrix and never will, because he doesnt have the power of a Prime. Grimlock is awesome, love the characer, but he is no Prime to me.

Howe many people did Demolisher endanger/kill? He was running over countless cars, its not like he did nothing and Prime killed him for nothing.

Sideways just drove off and went through a building, he didn't kill anyone but he got cut in half. How is that justice?

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 AM   #80
dark_b
Side-Kick

this thread is really the definition why some use the word ''fanboys'' as something negative.

i can not belive that some realyl think that they should have a decepticon prison.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #81
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
this thread is really the definition why some use the word ''fanboys'' as something negative.

i can not belive that some realyl think that they should have a decepticon prison.
many deceptions are fighting against their will or because they fear Megatron or the Fallen. How would you like being forced to fight for a cause than during a fight you see the chance to escape only to be hunted down by the enemy and cut in half? Ask yourself that.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 06-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #82
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
many deceptions are fighting against their will or because they fear Megatron or the Fallen. How would you like being forced to fight for a cause than during a fight you see the chance to escape only to be hunted down by the enemy and cut in half? Ask yourself that.
you have to be f... kidding me

what if the decepticons at the beginning killed a lot of people?

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #83
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
you have to be f... kidding me

what if the decepticons at the beginning killed a lot of people?
Sideways didn't kill anyone so were are you getting at? I think I see what your saying but even over a given time. Not ever solider has killed someone.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #84
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
[/B]
Sideways just drove off and went through a building, he didn't kill anyone but he got cut in half. How is that justice?
Prime said the Decepticons were doing something, as they had found 6 different ones on 6 different continents, when the decepticons are "doing something" they tend to endanger A LOT of people.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #85
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I wished Megs in ROTF was much more ruthless like the Beast Wars version of Megatron .

Old 07-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #86
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

More ruthless? He's already got complete disregard for human life, tears apart Autobots and abuses Starscream any chance he gets.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #87
Mr. Earle
Banned User

In ROTF Megatron appeared more ruthless and badass than the fallen himself. He was great and a lot of it has to do with casting Agent mother****ing Smith and making him so huge!

Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #88
Nathan

Casting Hugo Weaving as Megatron was one of the best decisions they did in the Movies.

He's easily become my all time favorite Megatron voice actor.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #89
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Casting Hugo Weaving as Megatron was one of the best decisions they did in the Movies.

Agreed, I still love Welker, but Weaving has been awesome as Megatron as well, his voice is more menacing than Welker's, which seemed a little meek for a character like Megatron.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #90
Mr. Earle
Banned User

We were *****ing about Megatron's design back then (the first one was pretty bad, thank god they revised his face before the 2007 movie) and about casting Weaving instead of Welker, but it turned out that Bay was right.
When Megatron woke up, he was amazing! A freaking maelstrom of destruction and fear. My heart nearly stopped when he was chasing Sam in that statue building.
"Give me the cube boy!"

G1 Megatron is iconic and all that, but he has nothing on the Bay one. And that's coming from a Geewuner.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #91
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
We were *****ing about Megatron's design back then (the first one was pretty bad, thank god they revised his face before the 2007 movie) and about casting Weaving instead of Welker, but it turned out that Bay was right.
When Megatron woke up, he was amazing! A freaking maelstrom of destruction and fear. My heart nearly stopped when he was chasing Sam in that statue building.
"Give me the cube boy!"

I know, its awesome in ROTF when he has Sam in the warehouse also, loved Weavings voice work in that scene.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #92
Nathan

I liked this line in the first movie. "Give me the cube and you may live to be my pet."

I ROTF I love how freaking scary he is when he talks with Sam. "Come here boy. Closer. You remember me, don't you?" And when he pins him down, "I'm going to kill you! Slowly... painfully... but first, we have some urgent work do to." or something like that.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #93
Nathan

*double post*

Last edited by Nathan; 07-01-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #94
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
I liked this line in the first movie. "Give me the cube and you may live to be my pet."

I ROTF I love how freaking scary he is when he talks with Sam. "Come here boy. Closer. You remember me, don't you?" And when he pins him down, "I'm going to kill you! Slowly... painfully... but first, we have some urgent work do to." or something like that.
Dont act like you dont have the screener! Heheh!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #95
protocida
Side-Kick

In the novelization, Megatron helps the Fallen because he wants to become a Prime. At the ending, the Fallen reveals no one can become a Prime. He needs to born a Prime. Megatron gets pissed, impeaches the Fallen from reaching a space bridge, blasts him to Optimus and runs away with Starscream by the space bridge the Fallen had opened.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #96
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:

Mine are

1. David Kaye - BEAST WARS
2. Frank Welker - TRANSFORMERS
3. Hugo Weaving - TRANSFORMERS & REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
4. Corey Burton - TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED

Old 07-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #97
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
Mine are

In Beast Wars it wasnt the real megatron, but one of his descendants that took up the name because it was cool. Like naming your kid Alexander or whatever.
That said, he had a good voice. He was more of an aristocratic douchebag rather than a monster.... Yessss

Old 07-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #98
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
In the novelization, Megatron helps the Fallen because he wants to become a Prime. At the ending, the Fallen reveals no one can become a Prime. He needs to born a Prime. Megatron gets pissed, impeaches the Fallen from reaching a space bridge, blasts him to Optimus and runs away with Starscream by the space bridge the Fallen had opened.

I would've loved to have seen this take place in the final cut of the film instead of what we got . This actually sounds more like Megatron .

Old 07-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #99
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
Mine are

For me it goes...

1. Hugo Weaving
2. David Kaye
3. Corey Burton
4. Frank Welker

Quote:
I would've loved to have seen this take place in the final cut of the film instead of what we got . This actually sounds more like Megatron.
For some reason the book and even the game have a very similar situation. Megatron only obeys the Fallen, till he gets his power up. When he finds out he doesn't get it, he betrays the Fallen. You get none of that in the Movie and because of it, it feels strange to see Megatron so obedient.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #100
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
More ruthless? He's already got complete disregard for human life, tears apart Autobots and abuses Starscream any chance he gets.
True . But compeared to this Megatron (He was willing to destory the timeline to see that The Autobots lose and the Maximals no longer exist to archive victory . Even at the risk of his own death .)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: