The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 07-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
protocida
Side-Kick

Default "Descendent of the wheel!" The Jetfire thread!

The old man Jetfire is one of the Seekers, abandoned on Earth is stasis-lock as a SR-71 Blackbird years ago. Jetfire, descendent of the first wheel, who sacrificed his Spark so Optimus Prime could beat the Fallen and save Earth.

We'll miss you, old man!

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
knowsbleed
electrically relaxed

Default Re: "Descendent of the wheel!" The Jetfire thread!

I was so pissed that he never transformed back into an SR-71... those planes were badass. I used to see them fly all the time when I lived in Okinawa back in '87. Seeing them break the sound barrier is quite a sight.

knowsbleed is a vagatarian
knowsbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Marvin
Side-Kick

the lighting was especially well done on this character

speaking of character, he had more then most auto bots will ever know

I loved his face mask

Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
SciFi Warlock
Side-Kick

I am quessing decepticon communication must be very excellent as Skorpinok just shows up out of the sand when he was last scene 2 years ago, in the desert, and immediately attacks Jetfire.

Since Skorpinok was not seen anywhere till then how the heck did he know for sure Jetfire changed sides.

Was there a memo put out of something or was it more of a Bat signal thing informing Skoprinok of Jetfire's defection?

SciFi Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Marvin
Side-Kick

...that wasn't the same skorpinok

Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #6
protocida
Side-Kick

It was.

And well, he had just destroyed Mixmaster. I'd say that was a given.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFi Warlock View Post
I am quessing decepticon communication must be very excellent as Skorpinok just shows up out of the sand when he was last scene 2 years ago, in the desert, and immediately attacks Jetfire.

Since Skorpinok was not seen anywhere till then how the heck did he know for sure Jetfire changed sides.

Was there a memo put out of something or was it more of a Bat signal thing informing Skoprinok of Jetfire's defection?
I think once he stomped on the first decepticon after transforming from the SR71 (yes he did fly for a micro second), it was pretty obvious.

if it was skorpinok, then he was in the exact same set that they killed him in in the last movie... he was just laying in wait for 2 years.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
SciFi Warlock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
It was.

And well, he had just destroyed Mixmaster. I'd say that was a given.
But Skorpinok just started tunneling out of nowhere and jumped out right at Jetfire. In the first movie Skorp had to use a periscope sort of thing to keep tracking Lennox and his team.

Skorp is apparently smarter than his scorpion form lets on.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
protocida
Side-Kick

I got that he was alredy there since the fight began, waiting for the right moment to attack.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
SciFi Warlock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
I got that he was alredy there since the fight began, waiting for the right moment to attack.

Maybe but thinking for a moment the memo could have been like this

To: All Decepticons
RE: Jetfire

Hi ya all, just wanted to let you know to be aware that the old decepticon seeker who has been in statis lock for 30 or so years and not helping the rest of us at all is active again and he decided to become and Autobot. In case you don't remember him just look for the bot with a cane.

Don't forget the engergon mixer on the 12th....

Oh yeah Optimus Prime is dead and the Fallen wants to complete the mission he started just 2000 years ago, means we all gotta do some real work now.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #11
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

When I first heard that Jetfire was going to be in the second film . I was really excited , he's one of my favorites transformers . My happiness was short lived when it was revealed that Jetfire was going to be an old timer instead of the young speedster . I also wasn't a fan of John Turturro being the voice . Thankfully when I saw the film all of my worries were put to rest .

Not only did Jetfire work out as an old timer Autobot, But Mark Ryan did an excellent job voicing the character . Jetfire was fantastic in ROTF .

I was at first against

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #12
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

He sounded like Alan Moore. This is cool.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #13
Drz
Real Hero

I loved Jetfire all the way.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #14
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
When I first heard that Jetfire was going to be in the second film . I was really excited , he's one of my favorites transformers . My happiness was short lived when it was revealed that Jetfire was going to be an old timer instead of the young speedster . I also wasn't a fan of John Turturro being the voice . Thankfully when I saw the film all of my worries were put to rest .

Not only did Jetfire work out as an old timer Autobot, But Mark Ryan did an excellent job voicing the character . Jetfire was fantastic in ROTF .

I was at first against
Have to totally agree with this, Jetfire is in my top 5 Autobots of all time, absolutely love him in the comics and did in the cartoon, so wasnt thrilled at all at the news of what he was going to be in this movie.

But, for the purposes of the movie, it worked well, i'll give them that, still wish they hadnt killed him off though to be honest. I would have preferred if him and Prime just combined at the end, then they seperate once the job is done and Prime uses The Matrix to make Jetfire young again. At least then we could have seen him in future installments as the young swashbuckler Jetfire.

But for the movie, what they did with him worked, and lets face it, despite being old, he still took out 2 Decepticons in a matter of minutes.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Jetfire : "Lemme show ya how we brought the pain in my day!!"

Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #16
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Jetfire : "Lemme show ya how we brought the pain in my day!!"
probably his best line in the movie!

Although "I'm too old for this crap!" was a good one also.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFi Warlock View Post
Maybe but thinking for a moment the memo could have been like this

To: All Decepticons
RE: Jetfire

Hi ya all, just wanted to let you know to be aware that the old decepticon seeker who has been in statis lock for 30 or so years and not helping the rest of us at all is active again and he decided to become and Autobot. In case you don't remember him just look for the bot with a cane.

Don't forget the engergon mixer on the 12th....

Oh yeah Optimus Prime is dead and the Fallen wants to complete the mission he started just 2000 years ago, means we all gotta do some real work now.
Jetfire changed before going into stasis lock, I believe.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
SciFi Warlock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
Jetfire changed before going into stasis lock, I believe.
No he still had his Decepticon Symbol on him when Mikela looked as he was coming out of statis lock and everyone got worried. Then later he told Sam he was going over to the Autbots citing it is an extremely personal decision. Then Wheelie was excited to learn a decepticon can change sides, so Wheelie changed side too.

If he already changed before going into statis lock why would he have the decepticon symbol on him?

Old 07-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #19
DW4
Side-Kick

A fan favorite and one of the best character around....than Bay ruined him.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #20
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:

I was at first against
Isnt the G1 character named Skyfire? Its probably the same person though...
He was great in the film, but couldnt they have omitted the ridiculous farting parachutes part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsbleed View Post
I was so pissed that he never transformed back into an SR-71... those planes were badass. I used to see them fly all the time when I lived in Okinawa back in '87. Seeing them break the sound barrier is quite a sight.
I am so jealous!!!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #21
Bren
Forevernoob

Well, he was okay, but I wish that he'd actually had dialogue with the other autobots (questioning his 'defection'/trust issues) and proved himself by doing what he had.

But this is a bay movie that Ironhide, Ratchet and possible great character Sideswipe were relegated to cameo's for the twins...

Wished he'd flown them to egypt in his plane form, shown how fast he was (even in his old age)...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to direct a multi-million dollar movie, but just sometimes, you just got to slap your forehead at some of the decisions...

He did have some good lines though... Didn't enjoy how Prime just shrugged off the parts at the end, like scrap metal. Would have preferred Jetfire to (somehow) survive - be nice for the autobots to have a flyer as well...

Last edited by Bren; 07-03-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Isnt the G1 character named Skyfire? Its probably the same person though...
Yeah Skyfire is Jetfire

Old 07-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #23
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Well, he was okay, but I wish that he'd actually had dialogue with the other autobots (questioning his 'defection'/trust issues) and proved himself by doing what he had.

But this is a bay movie that Ironhide, Ratchet and possible great character Sideswipe were relegated to cameo's for the twins...

Wished he'd flown them to egypt in his plane form, shown how fast he was (even in his old age)...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to direct a multi-million dollar movie, but just sometimes, you just got to slap your forehead at some of the decisions...

He did have some good lines though... Didn't enjoy how Prime just shrugged off the parts at the end, like scrap metal. Would have preferred Jetfire to (somehow) survive - be nice for the autobots to have a flyer as well...
Well, i dont think there is much room in an SR71. Its not a carrier plane.
So, Bee, Skids, Mudflap, Simmons, Leo, Mikaela... He couldnt have flied all of them.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
Bren
Forevernoob

Besides my opinion that they could have all fit in an SR71 (which is frikking massive - albeit mostly engine ), what would another wtf moment be in movie already filled to the brim...

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #25
Grievous
Miss Me?

I like Jetfire, I really wish he didn't die.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote