The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #51
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: "Descendent of the wheel!" The Jetfire thread!

Jetfire ROBOT CONCEPTS:

http://www.joshnizzi.com/TF2.htm

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #52
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioteKal-El View Post
Gotta say I am extremely happy Turturro didnt do Jetfire's voice, Mark Ryan did a superb job and was totally spot on for the character IMO.
Agreed, Mark Ryan was superb and really brought Jetfire's personality to life, made him seem really old also as he was supposed to, not sure Turturro could have done that, especially as they have a lot of scene's together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioteKal-El View Post
I would have totally preferred him not to die, in the comics he is one of the few Autobots who uses his brains as well as his brawn, and thats why he is such an interesting character and is always involved in the big storylines.He could have become this character in TF3 if they had kept him alive, I see no reason why he couldnt have just combined with Optimus, stating that Prime's are the only one's who can combine with Seekers, and hey presto. I still dont know why they just didnt use Kup for the old Transformer as well.
They should have just used Kup and make him some type of old plane, he is the quintessential old Autobot so it did confuse me. However, I was happy with Jetfire's role in the end, but yeah, wish they would have kept him alive as he was obviously still pretty handy in a fight and had a lot of knowledge in him about the TF's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
Jetfire ROBOT CONCEPTS:

http://www.joshnizzi.com/TF2.htm
I ended up loving his design in the end, it was much better than those old design pictures showed and he was one big TF which was awesome to see as well.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #53
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Kup sucks. Jetfire was a lot better. They simply shouldnt have killed him!

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #54
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Kup sucks. Jetfire was a lot better. They simply shouldnt have killed him!
I'm not the biggest fan of Kup, but I wouldnt say he sucks, and for this one movie role I think he would have been perfect, then we could have had Jetfire in another capacity, preferrable one were he didnt end up dead.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #55
moreprimeland
NOT a riddle, Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of Kup, but I wouldnt say he sucks, and for this one movie role I think he would have been perfect, then we could have had Jetfire in another capacity, preferrable one were he didnt end up dead.
I wasn't a real fan of KUP either until I read the Spotlight issue, then I thought ok, for an old bot, he's pretty tuff and you need some bots to do the dirty work, but I've always liked Jetfire as a younger bot, one of the few flying bots to help Optimus and team get from place to place quickly, Autobots do need more airpower on their side! All in all I did like this Jetfire and like many of you wished he didn't have to sacrifice his spark in the end. He and Optimus should have been able to combine like in the Cybertron series, both Jetfire and Optimus were PRIME in that series

moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #56
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
I wasn't a real fan of KUP either until I read the Spotlight issue, then I thought ok, for an old bot, he's pretty tuff and you need some bots to do the dirty work, but I've always liked Jetfire as a younger bot, one of the few flying bots to help Optimus and team get from place to place quickly, Autobots do need more airpower on their side! All in all I did like this Jetfire and like many of you wished he didn't have to sacrifice his spark in the end. He and Optimus should have been able to combine like in the Cybertron series, both Jetfire and Optimus were PRIME in that series
I'm sure they could have combined without one of them dying, or Jetfire could have given Prime his parts while Ratchet keeps Jetfire alive until Prime returns. Basically i'm just gutted another one of my favourite Autobots is dead (the other being Jazz).

Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #57
moreprimeland
NOT a riddle, Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I'm sure they could have combined without one of them dying, or Jetfire could have given Prime his parts while Ratchet keeps Jetfire alive until Prime returns. Basically i'm just gutted another one of my favourite Autobots is dead (the other being Jazz).
Hear, Hear, I'm still sad about Jazz, but you know he's in a container on the bottom of the ocean, so maybe??...nah, Bay, et al says they won't bring him back, but in the GN's they could, why not, I saw a new series that IDW is bringing out this fall where Ravage will be brought back, so...

moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:53 AM   #58
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreprimeland View Post
Hear, Hear, I'm still sad about Jazz, but you know he's in a container on the bottom of the ocean, so maybe??...nah, Bay, et al says they won't bring him back, but in the GN's they could, why not, I saw a new series that IDW is bringing out this fall where Ravage will be brought back, so...
Agreed, i'm still sad about Jazz also, but cant see Bay bringing him back in the present day, thats why I hope we get the Stormbringer storyline in TF3, so we can have flashbacks to them all fighting Thunderwing in the past and Jazz could show with an extended cameo in the flashbacks, maybe show him trying to take Thunderwing on by himself, would be awesome.

Wouldnt mind Jetfire appearing also in those flashbacks also.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #59
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

movie Jetfire (multi-player only)

* Primary Weapon: Ancient Cybertronian Pistol, fires at decent rate with good damage

* Secondary Weapon: Energon Wave Cannon, slow moving weapon that on impact with an object will release an energy shockwave causing some damage and immobilizing enemies.

* Melee Weapon: Fists

* Special Ability: Radar Scanner, reveals all nearby enemies on radar for limited time.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com...c-details.html

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #60
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I really wish we could have gotten more of him, especially in the final battle, he looked handy in a fight as he took out 2 Decepticons in quick succession, wish he would have been taken out by The Fallen rather than Scorponok.