The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
protocida
Side-Kick

Default Optimus Prime's speeches.

If there's something Optimus Prime likes more than faces, it's speeches. Like...

Quote:
Before time began, there was the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That was how our race was born. For a time, we lived in harmony, but like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war - a war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death, and the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy, hoping to find it and rebuild our home, searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called... Earth. But we were already too late.
Quote:
With the All Spark gone, we cannot return life to our planet. And fate has yielded its reward: a new world to call... home. We live among its people now, hiding in plain sight... but watching over them in secret... waiting... protecting. I have witnessed their capacity for courage, and though we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars: We are here... we are waiting.
Quote:
Earth. Birthplace of the human race, a species much like our own. Capable of great compassion... and great violence. For in our quest to protect the humans, a deeper revelation dawns; our worlds have met before. For the last two years, an advanced team of new Autobots has taken refuge here under my command. Together, we form an alliance with the humans, a secret but brave squad of soldiers. A classified strike team called NEST. We hunt for what remains of our Decepticon foes, hiding in different countries around the globe.
Quote:
Our races united by a history long forgotten, and a future we shall face together. I, am Optimus Prime, and I send this message so that our pasts will always be remembered. For in those memories, we live on.
What's your opinion on Prime's speeches?

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
The Black Goo
I hate you...so much...

Default Re: Optimus Prime's speeches.

Optimus Prime's messages remind me of those email msgs one of my buddies used to wake up and send every morning. But I like them, they even out in the movies with his one-liners. Monologues are awesome, it takes a lot of work to say them and not drone out and sound boring.

The Black Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Episode29
Hooper Drives The Boat!

Quote:
Our races united by a history long forgotten, and a future we shall face together. I, am Optimus Prime, and I send this message so that our pasts will always be remembered. For in those memories, we live on.
I thought this one was really lazily written. It's like the type of conclusion one would put on the end of an essay after a bleary, all-night writing session.

Episode29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode29 View Post
I thought this one was really lazily written. It's like the type of conclusion one would put on the end of an essay after a bleary, all-night writing session.
They wanted a speech to end the movie but nothing really important happened and Prime was dead most of the time. What was he gonna say? "I got the Fallen's face and it was epic?"
It was a very basic speech, one that probably wasnt really necessary, but i like how it reminded of the one in the first film.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Mr. Earle
Banned User

I think that Prime's quotes take the cake. His speeches are there mostly for exposition, so for me the best part is when Prime shares his wisdom like "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings", "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing", "were we so different? they're a young species, they have much to learn, but i've seen goodness in them", etc.
I want more damn it!

Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-10-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Ipodman
Love Tension

The ending speeches go well with Linkin park songs... i rmb when i watched the first Transformers in the theater and it was the final speech.. i got goosebumps!

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
The Black Goo
I hate you...so much...

I still get goosebumps from the end speech in TF1

Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #8
RonStoppablefan
Harry Potter fan

I like his speeches, I think they fit the films. Wonder if hey'll have one in the third.

Fantastic Four fan.
Wolverine fan.
SmallVille fan.
Heroes fan.
RonStoppablefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

ya, that is what the movie franchise should have been about to begin with our transformers holding up the majority of the movie

Unfortunately, those quotes are like...half of Primes total dialogue and they come from nearly all his appearences

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1936-9586-3562
dodgers2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
protocida
Side-Kick

Prime's got several lines in Transformers. Not so much in RotF, because he was kinda dead...

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
macdawson
Side-Kick

Anything Prime (Cullen) says is gold. Even the iconic "Sorry, my bad". He's the type of character that you just love to ear. Anyone here saw the "Top 10 List of Things That Sound Cool When Said by a Giant Robot" on Letterman? Even that sounded cool with Cullen's voice. ROFL. But the ending monologue in RoTF was a bit weak, i expected it to be more... i don't know, the whole ending seemed a bit rushed, even if it was awesome. Maybe this time we get a Director's Cut DVD with less balls and more character (robots)development.

macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

There was an ending monologue in ROTF? I have only seen it once and just recall being really disappointed by the weak ass ending.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #13
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I love Prime's speeches, and his lines, he has had the best lines in the franchise so far for me, just love hearing his voice to be honest, Cullen is awesome.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
The Black Goo
I hate you...so much...

Yea, I guess I wouldn't call the end of TF2 a monologue...it was really short and it did seem rushed

Old 07-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Ipodman
Love Tension

Hes probably the only G1 voice in TF1, so Bay must have been banking on tat to sell the movies to G1 fans...

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
lou2099
soulless zombie

His speeches were the best writing of the entire movie.

lou2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
Chris B
Side-Kick

While I thought his opening and closing narrations were a little better in TF1, they were among the highlights of both films. And I hope the tradition of having them continue in TF3.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Mr. Earle
Banned User

The speech at the end of ROTF served no purpose and i found it cheesy. But its ok i guess, it still had me in goosebumps when the movie ended.

BTW, when prime says "our races united" he sounds a lot like Liam Neeson.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #19
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Was that Prime narrating the battle of the Primes at the very beginning of the movie? I saw this again yesterday, and for some reason it didn't sound like him.

As far as the ending speech..it was no where as good as TF1; in fact it felt rushed and just thrown in there for the hell of it.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #20
moreprimeland
NOT a riddle, Starscream!

I agree with others that anything Peter Cullen/Prime says gives me goosebumps, and can make feel glad,sad,excited, etc. (yep, so I'm a girl)The tone /timbre of his voice is most excellent! What a great voice actor!! He is the one and only Optimus Prime.
I think his speeches from TF1 were much better than TF2, and the ending was so rushed, like we're out time, so hurry Prime, that was lame. Plus during most of the movie when he wasn't in stasis, he sounded sad and tired. Maybe it was intentional as he would and should be tired of the Bot/Con wars.
We can only hope the DVD's will have some extended scenes, etc.

Last edited by moreprimeland; 07-25-2009 at 11:22 PM.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
shopaholic10
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Optimus Prime's speeches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStoppablefan View Post
I like his speeches, I think they fit the films. Wonder if hey'll have one in the third.
I hope so.Can't wait for the next Transformers movie!I really like the character of Optimus prime!

shopaholic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:12 AM   #22
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
If there's something Optimus Prime likes more than faces, it's speeches. Like...

What's your opinion on Prime's speeches?
Love Peter Cullen & Optimus Prime's speeches but his final ending speech in
TROTF was a bit on the weak side this time around. They tried to make it meaningful but who was he sending the message to if all the autobots were already on earth? Are the things Optimus Prime is saying being documented or dictated by another autobot, or was he just talking to himself this time around?

Old 10-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Cullen/Prime can say "I like puppies" and it'd be total badass.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #24
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Home, ours was once the planet called Cybertron until war brought it's destruction and made exiles of us all. The lone hope for our race lay with the All Spark the keeper of our history . But with it's destruction only fragments now remain hidden away for all time . And though we have vanquished the Decepticons leader Megatron his minions remain waging a secret war against us .

Now The Autobots and our allies defend the human race from an evil it knows not. This stalemate can not last one side must win and yet the battle continues ...[Transformers : ROTF the game]

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #25
Megan<3Bumbl-b

i agree completely,they could have given a minute monologue that was WaYY BETTER THAN THAT

Megan<3Bumbl-b is offline   Reply With Quote