The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #51
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: First Look at Tomb Raider Reboot!?!

I wonder if Lara's in game model will look like that bc it looks amazing. It seems they are getting away from the stylized rendition and going for a more realistic approach. I wonder how far along the team is and if this came might actually come out in 2011

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #52
Timstuff
Banned User

This is a very bold direction they're taking on the game. I'm really interested to see how the survival gameplay takes place, and it actually seems like a very natural fit for this franchise. I'm glad to see that from the looks of it they're trying to innovate, and not just ride on Uncharted's coat tails. I can't wait to see more!"

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #53
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

That render looks pretty awesome. Looking forward to hear and see more about this game.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #54
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Sounds like the premise of LOST and that show was amazing. This might be interesting.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #55
Benstamania
Shot first.

Sunuvabytch! /Sawyer.

Looks good.

Revelation 22:20
Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #56
Green Ghost
Side-Kick

First information (translated from German with google) and some low quality pics:
Quote:
* Lara is 21 years old.
* It is not only a reboot of the series, but also a new beginning, the entire brand, why not expect the well-known model Lara.
* It is used for capturing performance.
* There is in play this time brutal deaths. For example, you see, like a troubled man Lara stands in the chest and she closes her eyes after her death. In addition, you can see how a rock falls on her leg, thus preventing their getting ahead and another boulder falls on it and crushed her head.
* Crystal Dynamics did not respond to specific weapons, however, show the first concept pictures a bow, shotgun and pistol.
* The Anvisierungssystem no longer exists. Players will be able to target their goals free - the developers promise a competitive system.
* An open-world illusion is no longer, as players can get to any place they see. In addition, the present path will literally cleared with a machete, which map is no longer needed.
* Crystal Dynamics, it is important to not only the traits of emotional Lara convey good, but the gameplay for the player grows up to be a better survivor.
* Lara will get with time, new tools and equipment that will expand their skills. In addition, improve their athletic qualities.
* At the beginning, some areas by the physical limitations of reach. By the time Lara will get more experience, however, which is then also the island a breeze.
* There is the base camp in the game. Here, players can combine their items to raise Lara's abilities. Through the base camp you can also get to previously visited locations.
* To survive, players must either food or water, eat.
* There are people in the game, including some of the crew of the shipwreck.
Source

Here's the full GameInformer cover with the possible title "Tomb Raider - Lara Croft Reborn"!?

Last edited by Green Ghost; 12-06-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #57
socool
True

Oh my god. Those deaths sound horrible Lara is so hot...why do I want to see her get...get...smushed?!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #58
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

new Lara looks hot!!

and more "realistically proportioned" too...........

oh, and the game sounds interesting, too......lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #59
dusk20
Side-Kick

bye bye big boobs

Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #60
dusk20
Side-Kick

but seriously liking the information so far.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #61
Havok83
Side-Kick

I hope this game stays grounded in reality and they leave the supernatural aspects out of it

Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #62
dusk20
Side-Kick

and hopefully no more dual pistols. was getting sick of that.

wait, is this going to be in the same style now as Uncharted?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #63
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

Quote:
* There is in play this time brutal deaths. For example, you see, like a troubled man Lara stands in the chest and she closes her eyes after her death. In addition, you can see how a rock falls on her leg, thus preventing their getting ahead and another boulder falls on it and crushed her head.
Oh yeah awesome, we need more brutal deaths in our adventure games nowadays.

Anyway, sounds interesting, and they've needed to do something with this franchise since it's basically become irrelevant in the last couple of years (and honestly, was never that good to begin with). Hopefully, they can do something interesting here.

Quote:
I hope this game stays grounded in reality and they leave the supernatural aspects out of it
Why?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #64
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

the new Lara is damn sexy

Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #65
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Yeah I never understood why people hated mixing Lara with Supernatural elements. I mean, she fought a pack of Dinosaurs in her first game, why can't she take on the supernatural?

Also, I don't know what they're talking about with "Lara stands in the chest" but having a rock smash your leg and then a rock caving in your skull sounds horrifically awesome. It sounds like the first rock pins your leg so you're forced to watch as another one just tumbles it's way down towards your cranium. That's so nasty.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #66
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

With death's like that one could suspect maybe an M rating for this game?

I like what I hear still, but I do have to say, I hope the dual pistols stay, it's kind of Lara's trademark aside from her y'know ample chest area.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #67
Micah12345
Side-Kick

This seems like a cross between uncharted+batman AA+resident evil.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #68
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
With death's like that one could suspect maybe an M rating for this game?

I like what I hear still, but I do have to say, I hope the dual pistols stay, it's kind of Lara's trademark aside from her y'know ample chest area.
Agreed, I love the dual pistols. Though I'd be fine with them being acquired later on in the game. I imagine that the thrill of surviving would be having the barest of tools and being able to whip out a couple of pistols when you're in a tight spot might kind of ruin that feeling.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 12-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #69
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
Agreed, I love the dual pistols. Though I'd be fine with them being acquired later on in the game. I imagine that the thrill of surviving would be having the barest of tools and being able to whip out a couple of pistols when you're in a tight spot might kind of ruin that feeling.
Yeah. I'd rather they be something you find later too, but they kind of have to be in there. As far as gaming icons who dual wield, Lara has always came to mind first and foremost, then probably Dante from DMC.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #70
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post

Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
Yeah I never understood why people hated mixing Lara with Supernatural elements. I mean, she fought a pack of Dinosaurs in her first game, why can't she take on the supernatural?
bc its unneceasry and thats when the stories tend to get convoluted. I dont mind the supernatraul but if this is a reboot and they are attenmpt to go ina new direction by offering a new experience, Id like to see them keep that out and show a more realisitic take on the franchise, which seems to be what they are doing based on the info we know. I dont feel the supernatrual is really needed for this entry

Old 12-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #71
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Scans

Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #72
Tron Bonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
bc its unneceasry and thats when the stories tend to get convoluted. I dont mind the supernatraul but if this is a reboot and they are attenmpt to go ina new direction by offering a new experience, Id like to see them keep that out and show a more realisitic take on the franchise, which seems to be what they are doing based on the info we know. I dont feel the supernatrual is really needed for this entry
Eh, the supernatural can fit into adventure stories as long as it's well written. Uncharted managed to work with (in fact, the second one should have kept more with, because real Yeti's much better than whatever the **** we got). Trying to take a 'realistic' approach to everything gets dull.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #73
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eh, the supernatural can fit into adventure stories as long as it's well written. Uncharted managed to work with (in fact, the second one should have kept more with, because real Yeti's much better than whatever the **** we got). Trying to take a 'realistic' approach to everything gets dull.
Uncharted was fine without the supernatural. I thought the first game was perfect until the twist towards the end. While it didnt ruin the game, thats the point where the story took a dip for me.

And uits not taking a realistic approach to everythnig. Its one game. I dont see teh issue with trying for something new especially since this is the purpose of them rebooting. They might as well go all the way and offer a new experience instead of them at least for this one game. They can bring that stuff back in the next one

Old 12-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #74
Tron Bonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Uncharted was fine without the supernatural. I thought the first game was perfect until the twist towards the end. While it didnt ruin the game, thats the point where the story took a dip for me.
Are you a fan of the early Indiana Jones films?

Quote:
And uits not taking a realistic approach to everythnig. Its one game. I dont see teh issue with trying for something new especially since this is the purpose of them rebooting. They might as well go all the way and offer a new experience instead of them at least for this one game. They can bring that stuff back in the next one
Eh, it seems 'lets ground this' seems to be the go to approach that people advocate for these type of games all the time.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #75
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you a fan of the early Indiana Jones films?
I havent seen enough of them to make that assessment. The last time was back in the 80s and I honestly dont rememeber what they were about other than adventuring of course.

Closed Thread