The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

View Poll Results: Transformers 3 villain?
Galvatron as a seperate character than Megatron 8 11.94%
Unicron 31 46.27%
Thunderwing and Bludgeon 4 5.97%
Nova/Nemesis Prime and Jhiaxus 3 4.48%
Sixshot and the Decepticons 2 2.99%
Shockwave with his own Decepticon faction 20 29.85%
Megatron and more decepticons 23 34.33%
Other (in case i missed any) 2 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

There are more options than some people believe for villains in TF3 IMO, everyone is spouting Unicron but I believe he needs to be saved for later movies because how the hell do you raise the stakes once Unicron has come along? Basically, you cant, so i believe there are other routes to go like Thunderwing and Bludgeon or Nova Prime and Jhiaxus.

Thunderwing would be great to see, in fact an adaptation of Stormbringer would be perfect for TF3 for me, showing flashbacks of the Autobots and Decepticons fighting side-by-side during Thunderwings first rising after those experiments on himself, and then his dreaded return which strikes fear into Optimus Prime and The Wreckers, he would significantly raise the stakes from The Fallen for me.

As would Nova Prime and Jhiaxus, now, the story of a fallen Prime mybe a bit similar to TF2 but I believe they could make it work. Nova Prime was corrupted by death rather than power and Jhiaxus was obviously evil from the start with his experiments on other TF's. Arcee had a big role in this arc in the comics so maybe this would be her movie to shine, Galvatron was also in this arc as a seperate character to Megatron and thats something else that could work in a movie IMO.

There other options as well, and they will be in the poll, so vote away people!

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

No offence, but why do you insist on that idea of Galvatron being a seperate character than Megatron? In the majority of the franchise he was still Megatron with a different shape. Maybe he was insane as well when Meg clearly wasnt. But what would making him a seperate character accomplish? What's so great about him?

So anyway, as i have said in another thread, i want Megatron to be the villain he is supposed to be. We got what... 5 minutes of him leading at the end of TF2007? In ROTF he was the one to do most of the leading but it was the Fallen pulling his strings.

So i want to see the iconic decepticon leader actually be on his post (and occasionally be challenged by starscream ). I dont think that the sequel needs another big robot to be an improvement over ROTF. They need big robots? Bring another combiner or a big bot. They need nice scenes? Shoot in other locations and even better, Cybertron. The crowds will come flooding. I dont see the need for another big bad bot coming from somewhere to end the world. Did the Fallen do much in ROTF anyway? Was he much of a concern to you when you were seating in the theatre? No, Megatron was.

So i would be more compelled by a good story about the ongoing war. And i would be hugely intrested in seeing more of Cybertron. Part of the battle could take place there, the autobots could sneak there to steal something, Shockwave could do something up there... , some flashback from the past, etc...

So i say keep it neat. The crowds didnt come for the Fallen anyway. But if a great villain is to appear, i would at least make him an outside threat, not someone who would take over from Megatron or anything like that.


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-12-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
No offence, but why do you insist on that idea of Galvatron being a seperate character than Megatron? In the majority of the franchise he was still Megatron with a different shape. Maybe he was insane as well when Meg clearly wasnt. But what would making him a seperate character accomplish? What's so great about him?
In the comics at the moment he is a seperate character from Megatron who doesnt remember his past, and it seems to work really well for the character, and its great to have Megatron existing at the same time. Read the most recent comics and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
So anyway, as i have said in another thread, i want Megatron to be the villain he is supposed to be. We got what... 5 minutes of him leading at the end of TF2007? In ROTF he was the one to do most of the leading but it was the Fallen pulling his strings.

So i want to see the iconic decepticon leader actually be on his post (and occasionally be challenged by starscream ). I dont think that the sequel needs another big robot to be an improvement over ROTF. They need big robots? Bring another combiner or a big bot. They need nice scenes? Shoot in other locations and even better, Cybertron. The crowds will come flooding. I dont see the need for another big bad bot coming from somewhere to end the world. Did the Fallen do much in ROTF anyway? Was he much of a concern to you when you were seating in the theatre? No, Megatron was.

So i would be more compelled by a good story about the ongoing war. And i would be hugely intrested in seeing more of Cybertron. Part of the battle could take place there, the autobots could sneak there to steal something, Shockwave could do something up there... , some flashback from the past, etc...

So i say keep it neat. The crowds didnt come for the Fallen anyway. But if a great villain is to appear, i would at least make him an outside threat, not someone who would take over from Megatron or anything like that.
The main reason I want Thunderwing in the 3rd movie is because it would mean taking place on cybertron and the 2 sides having to team up. Megatron could still be all of the things that you want him to be and he would still have a mjor part, as Thunderwing doesnt do much talking in Stormbringer.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
In the comics at the moment he is a seperate character from Megatron who doesnt remember his past, and it seems to work really well for the character, and its great to have Megatron existing at the same time. Read the most recent comics and you'll see what I mean.
So, how powerful is he exactly? The way you describe it, it sounds like he traveled back in time and has lost his memory, therefore he doesnt know that he is future Megatron. Just saying...

So how good are the comics? Any good arc i should pick up?
Quote:
The main reason I want Thunderwing in the 3rd movie is because it would mean taking place on cybertron and the 2 sides having to team up. Megatron could still be all of the things that you want him to be and he would still have a mjor part, as Thunderwing doesnt do much talking in Stormbringer.
Sounds good.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
So, how powerful is he exactly? The way you describe it, it sounds like he traveled back in time and has lost his memory, therefore he doesnt know that he is future Megatron. Just saying...
He doesnt know who he is, and he is pretty damn powerful, I wont spoil the comics for you by telling you why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
So how good are the comics? Any good arc i should pick up?
Sounds good.
Stormbringer is good, would make a great movie. At the moment I think the comics are sublime, the last arc, was simply superb and the new arc, 'All Hail Megatron' looks just as good if not better.

The last arc was:

Infiltration
Stormbringer
Spotlight Vol.1
Escalation
Spotlight Vol.2
Devastation
Spotlight Vol.3
Spotlight, Revelations

I think thats the order they go in, with Maximum Dinobots filling in the gaps between revelations and AHM.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,319
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

I think Shockwave leading his own faction could work quite well. Just take a que from Dreamwave by showing that in the absence of Optimus and Megatron, he has united the members of both sides under his rule. I would also add a little bit of 'The Ultimate Doom' plot with him wanting to bring Cybertron into Earth's orbit so that the energy being created by the side affects of doing so can be used to revive Cybertron. Plus, you could keep the aspect of Ultra Magnus being his #2 guy to add a little more personal tension for the Autobots. And you could have some scenes set on Cybertron.

Something else could be a plot revolving around an alliance between the Decepticons and Quintessons. But the Quints don't have to be the creators of the TF's, and I wouldn't want them to be. I'm not sure of what the specifics could be yet other than they have something that Megatron believes could save the Cybertronian race, with the Quints having their own agenda of some sort. On paper at least, I think it could work.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
SpiderByte
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tacoville
Posts: 6,114
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Nemesis Prime. He rules.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
WarBlade
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,383
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
There are more options than some people believe for villains in TF3 IMO, everyone is spouting Unicron but I believe he needs to be saved for later movies because how the hell do you raise the stakes once Unicron has come along?
If Unicron ever gets introduced, then raising the stakes would be easy. Basically, the idea of a talking planet for a main villain is so mindbogglingly stupid that Transformers 3: Attack of the Psychotic Barbie Dolls would be a step up. Please, for the love of sanity people, STOP BRINGING UP UNICRON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Basically, you cant, so i believe there are other routes to go like Thunderwing and Bludgeon or Nova Prime and Jhiaxus.
Who? Well I suppose I just answered that then.

No.

Megatron, Starscream on the sidelines. Bring Soundwave down to the surface, have Ravage be the assassin etc. The characters are all there. They just need to be employed faithfully.

WarBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #9
SpiderByte
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tacoville
Posts: 6,114
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

^ Ravage died.

I still think Nemesis and Nova prime would be good picks.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #10
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
Nemesis Prime. He rules.
I agree, I thought the character was great, but a fallen Prime maybe too similar to the 2nd movie, but with good writing, I believe they could make it work. After all, Nova only became truly evil once he died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBlade View Post
Who? Well I suppose I just answered that then.

No.

Megatron, Starscream on the sidelines. Bring Soundwave down to the surface, have Ravage be the assassin etc. The characters are all there. They just need to be employed faithfully.
They have been villains recently in the comics, like The Fallen and both of them were awesome, Thunderwing was also in the old comics. They are both great characters with very interesting back stories which could be translated well to the big screen.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.
 
StreetWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 740
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

I know it will never happen, but I'd like to see certain Decepticons resurrected, such as Brawl, Devastator, and Ravage. I don't know how it'd work, but we need some of these characters back. If only Bay didn't have to kill off absolutely everyone.

__________________
"If you shoot, you're a killer. If you don't shoot, you have a death on your conscience. A death you could have prevented"
"What kind of a choice is that?"
"The one I make every time I pull the trigger"
StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
SymbioteKal-El
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 259
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

I think adding Sixshot to the Decepticon army under the command of Megatron would be an awesome sight to behold. A TF on the big screen that has 6 different modes, fighting alongside the Decepticons and taking orders from Megatron would just be spectacular.

You could focus a lot of the movie on him as well and how he has always been a loner but chose the Decepticons because he loves chaos and anarchy, could make for a really cool character and some stunning sequences.

__________________
Ironhide:"WHY are we fighting to save the humans? Theyre a primitive and violent race."
Optimus Prime:"Were WE so different? Theyre a young species, they have much to learn, but ive seen goodness in them, freedom is the right of ALL sentient beings."
SymbioteKal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
Grommers
Side-Kick
 
Grommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inside you.
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Megatron! pure just megatron I want a problem not another big bad guy, megatron hasnt shown his true badassedness

Grommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

^The question is what do you do with Megatron to raise the stakes though? It'd have to be full on Autobot vs Decepticon war on Earth just to make the story interesting, otherwise we just end up with a war for no reason.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,319
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^The question is what do you do with Megatron to raise the stakes though? It'd have to be full on Autobot vs Decepticon war on Earth just to make the story interesting, otherwise we just end up with a war for no reason.
I agree. I understand and agree with the criticism about Megatron not quite getting his due yet in the films, but the third film revolving simply around a plan of his doesn't really raise the stakes.

While I was otherwise disappointed with it, I think the way X3 handled Magneto and Phoenix wouldn't be a bad template as to how Megatron should be handled in TF3. Magneto came back to the forefront after X2, but you still have a huge threat in Jean Grey becoming the Phoenix.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

That's why i said that the movie should have a good plot this time around. A good and engaging plot would raise the stakes and make us interested. Besides, did the Fallen or Devastator really raise the stakes? I was more scared, engaged and worried about Megatron in the first one rather than these two losers in ROTF.

And as for upping the ante in spectacle, i propose a movie with flashbacks about Megatron's fall to evil and the beginning of the great war. A huge battle on cybertron vs giant vacuum cleaner..... yep.... ante upped alright!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^The question is what do you do with Megatron to raise the stakes though? It'd have to be full on Autobot vs Decepticon war on Earth just to make the story interesting, otherwise we just end up with a war for no reason.
Well i am sure they can find a reason. There has to be another magic gizmo hidden on earth for them to look for. It wont be stupid. No more stupid than the cube landing randomly on the same planet that the fallen had his machine. Oh yeah... and the fallen didnt go get it when it dropped.

Darth Sidius wannabe!

One more thing i just remembered about the crappy plot and fallen: "The allspark isnt destroyed, its power was absorbed by the human child!"
So i guess Sam can make his own robots whenever he touches a machine right?


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-19-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,748
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

I'm pretty sure it was the Allsparks knowlegde not power.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I agree. I understand and agree with the criticism about Megatron not quite getting his due yet in the films, but the third film revolving simply around a plan of his doesn't really raise the stakes.

While I was otherwise disappointed with it, I think the way X3 handled Magneto and Phoenix wouldn't be a bad template as to how Megatron should be handled in TF3. Magneto came back to the forefront after X2, but you still have a huge threat in Jean Grey becoming the Phoenix.
Exactly, Megatron can still have a big role but the ante needs to be upped in terms of the stakes and Megatron alone simply cant do that IMO. I think now is the time for a movie were the Deceps and Autobots team up, but not against Unicron for me, Thunderwing or Nemesis Prime would be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
That's why i said that the movie should have a good plot this time around. A good and engaging plot would raise the stakes and make us interested. Besides, did the Fallen or Devastator really raise the stakes? I was more scared, engaged and worried about Megatron in the first one rather than these two losers in ROTF.

And as for upping the ante in spectacle, i propose a movie with flashbacks about Megatron's fall to evil and the beginning of the great war. A huge battle on cybertron vs giant vacuum cleaner..... yep.... ante upped alright!
Yes, I think The Fallen did up the ante, as did Devastator, they raised the stakes appropriatly from the first movie for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Well i am sure they can find a reason. There has to be another magic gizmo hidden on earth for them to look for. It wont be stupid. No more stupid than the cube landing randomly on the same planet that the fallen had his machine. Oh yeah... and the fallen didnt go get it when it dropped.

Darth Sidius wannabe!
The Fallen wasnt around to go get it, thats why Megatron did, not to mention, I doubt The Fallen would want to come out of hiding when the one thing that could kill him is still around.

Also, the cube was drawn to the power of the matrix and the primes on Earth, I thought this was pretty clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
One more thing i just remembered about the crappy plot and fallen: "The allspark isnt destroyed, its power was absorbed by the human child!"
So i guess Sam can make his own robots whenever he touches a machine right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
I'm pretty sure it was the Allsparks knowlegde not power.
See above, it was the knowledge and history of the Transformer race, not its power, otherwise he wouldnt have need the shard to awaken Jetfire.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yes, I think The Fallen did up the ante, as did Devastator, they raised the stakes appropriatly from the first movie for me.
The could always introduce Omega Supreme or another combiner. The fallen and Dev were jokes. They did up the ante in CGI and photography, but not in suspense, drama or excitement.
Quote:
The Fallen wasnt around to go get it, thats why Megatron did, not to mention,
Oh yes, he was entombed... but i forgot about it, since its not in the movie, but in the comics.... Bay you re ****ing amateur!
Quote:
I doubt The Fallen would want to come out of hiding when the one thing that could kill him is still around.
Yes, he had the courage to stand against the 6 originals together, but he was scared of their less powered descendant... whom Megatron beat without superpowers. And if he was scared of him, his whole plan should be about eliminating Prime first. Devastator, Grindor, Megatron, everybody should fall on him and tear him to shreds. Then hide the ashes because Mr Bay has a tendency to raise the dead... It makes a lot of sense Mr Bay...
Quote:
Also, the cube was drawn to the power of the matrix and the primes on Earth, I thought this was pretty clear.
It was? When did they say that?
Quote:
See above, it was the knowledge and history of the Transformer race, not its power, otherwise he wouldnt have need the shard to awaken Jetfire.
Well it seems to me that Sam possessed neither the knowledge (so he had to awaken Jetfire to explain), nor the power (he needed the shard to do the magic) of the allspark. He conveniently only had all the info that tied to this plot and nothing else.

Anyway, good job Prime. You broke the allspark, blew the matrix and the machine... Now what are they gonna eat? Doughnuts?
On the other hand, the robots survived for millenia without either the cube or the sun harvesting...

I will have to get back on topic because those plot holes are making me rage....

So for the main villain i choose Megatron. For upping the ante and drawing the masses, use Omega Supreme (he will handle the big bots, and so maybe this time Prime wont be hax in order to take them down) or some other big bot. Also, my proposed Cybertron flashback would be very interesting and will have the suspence and drama because the audience will be anxious to see Megatron turn evil, and Prime turn after a lot of hesitation and sorrow from a peaceful leader to the warrior he is now.

Also, the protoforms could be used to sell more toys. Everybody will practically transform into a cybertronian something and therefore have a different form. It would be glorious!

I dont see why we need another big evil robot out of ****ing nowhere to come into play all of a sudden and threaten the earth... yet again. The fallen did exactly that. What would be the difference now? Lets do something new.

For example, what if Thunderwing is one of Megatron's hatchlings, only a huge one? One that was designed to turn the tide of war but went mad or whatever...


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 07-19-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #20
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Continuing...

The reason i want a more focused movie is because i feel that the 2 that we ve got havent done such a great job with the characters and the larger story. What do we know about Ironhide? He... has cannons... and.... he is annoyed by chihuahuas. Megatron? He was frozen and then dead and he likes to beat the crap out of other robots...
That is it!

A movie focused more on these characters would give us the insight on their personalities, their stories, etc. The flashback that i am proposing would show us how and who they were before becoming soldiers. That would actually be a character driven movie, as ridiculous as it might sound for a movie about giant transforming robots. Up until now, everybody else besides Prime, Meg, Bee and Starscream were extras getting blown up. That would very much change if the movie doesnt focus and doesnt have to explain the origin of a new super powerful villain about who nobody cares about.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #21
Adrian89
Bad.Ass.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 810
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

I would like to see Megatron (but it's pretty obvious that he will return anyway, so lol!) and Starscream (he should be more menacing this time though!) and of course more Decepticons (prefferably some which transform into cars this time)!

I would also like to see Unicron, but if not, I'm ok with it.

__________________

Adrian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
The could always introduce Omega Supreme or another combiner. The fallen and Dev were jokes. They did up the ante in CGI and photography, but not in suspense, drama or excitement.
IMO they did up the ante in suspense, Devastator especially during his scene's, they wouldnt have been able to defeat Devastator or The Fallen if the Jordanians hadnt brought working radio's to the americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Oh yes, he was entombed... but i forgot about it, since its not in the movie, but in the comics.... Bay you re ****ing amateur!
This i'll agree on, you shouldnt have to read a comic to know all that is going on in a movie, they should have explained it more, but I doubt the GA are asking questions like this to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Yes, he had the courage to stand against the 6 originals together, but he was scared of their less powered descendant... whom Megatron beat without superpowers. And if he was scared of him, his whole plan should be about eliminating Prime first. Devastator, Grindor, Megatron, everybody should fall on him and tear him to shreds. Then hide the ashes because Mr Bay has a tendency to raise the dead... It makes a lot of sense Mr Bay...
He was fully powered with an army behind him against the 6 Prime's, not to mention he had The Matrix in his possesion the whole time, until they forced it from him that is. He wasnt fully poweredf in ROTF, as evidenced by him sucking Energon from young TF's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
It was? When did they say that?
It was pretty obvious to me, the allspark contained the knowledge of the Prime's as well as their energy signature, since they were the first TF's the allspark created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Well it seems to me that Sam possessed neither the knowledge (so he had to awaken Jetfire to explain), nor the power (he needed the shard to do the magic) of the allspark. He conveniently only had all the info that tied to this plot and nothing else.
He possessed the knowledge, he just couldnt read the language of the Prime's which even the autobots couldnt do, what do you expect him to do with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Anyway, good job Prime. You broke the allspark, blew the matrix and the machine... Now what are they gonna eat? Doughnuts?
On the other hand, the robots survived for millenia without either the cube or the sun harvesting...
The Matrix wasnt destroyed, at least we didnt see it destroyed, and what did you expect, him to leave the machine there so it would destroy our sun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I will have to get back on topic because those plot holes are making me rage....
Then the plot holes in TDK, the Spiderman movies, Iron Man, etc, etc should make you rage also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
So for the main villain i choose Megatron. For upping the ante and drawing the masses, use Omega Supreme (he will handle the big bots, and so maybe this time Prime wont be hax in order to take them down) or some other big bot. Also, my proposed Cybertron flashback would be very interesting and will have the suspence and drama because the audience will be anxious to see Megatron turn evil, and Prime turn after a lot of hesitation and sorrow from a peaceful leader to the warrior he is now.

Also, the protoforms could be used to sell more toys. Everybody will practically transform into a cybertronian something and therefore have a different form. It would be glorious!

I dont see why we need another big evil robot out of ****ing nowhere to come into play all of a sudden and threaten the earth... yet again. The fallen did exactly that. What would be the difference now? Lets do something new.
Who said they need to threaten Earth? Even Shia said the 3rd movie will possibly go intergalactic, and with Thunderwing they can do that as he has never been to Earth in the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
For example, what if Thunderwing is one of Megatron's hatchlings, only a huge one? One that was designed to turn the tide of war but went mad or whatever...
Sixshot would fill that bill a lot more than Thunderwing IMO. Thunderwing always had his own ideas, and the TF's described his experiments as barbaric and he became a monstor through them. Bludgeon then tried to follow in his footsteps years later and killed himself because of it.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
He was fully powered with an army behind him against the 6 Prime's, not to mention he had The Matrix in his possesion the whole time, until they forced it from him that is. He wasnt fully poweredf in ROTF, as evidenced by him sucking Energon from young TF's.
What army? He was alone against six and he got his ass kicked.

Quote:
It was pretty obvious to me, the allspark contained the knowledge of the Prime's as well as their energy signature, since they were the first TF's the allspark created.
I thought the autobots sent it to space so that Megatron wouldnt get it. I didnt know the Allspark had its own sentience and ways to make its way around the galaxy. Coincidences of a lame plot. In any case, there has to be a reason for the robots to stay on earth so that they remain relevant, so i dont mind if somehow all their relics are burried here. The writters had to keep them here so they thought of this... Its ok i guess...
Quote:
He possessed the knowledge, he just couldnt read the language of the Prime's which even the autobots couldnt do, what do you expect him to do with that?
He didnt know who the fallen was, he didnt know anything. He didnt even know where the matrix is (how was Megatron gonna get that information from his dead brain anyway? wtf?). He found the location from Jetfire's little poem. He didnt know ****.
Quote:
The Matrix wasnt destroyed, at least we didnt see it destroyed, and what did you expect, him to leave the machine there so it would destroy our sun?
No, i am just curious how they re going to survive thats all. But hey... they survived all this time without the Allspark or sun harvesting. Who gives a **** about common sense when you have Megan Fox'es boobs bouncing around?
Quote:
Then the plot holes in TDK, the Spiderman movies, Iron Man, etc, etc should make you rage also.
They do, but they are few and they are tiny. As i've said before, i could stir an aircraft carrier through ROTF's plot holes.
Quote:
Who said they need to threaten Earth? Even Shia said the 3rd movie will possibly go intergalactic, and with Thunderwing they can do that as he has never been to Earth in the comics.
Sixshot would fill that bill a lot more than Thunderwing IMO. Thunderwing always had his own ideas, and the TF's described his experiments as barbaric and he became a monstor through them. Bludgeon then tried to follow in his footsteps years later and killed himself because of it.
I have read the Wiki an all three of them, but hardly remember a thing about them. Probably because each one has a huge bio, no, make that many huge bios depending on the many different interpretations of them by all these comics publishers... Dreamwave, Marvel, etc...

Anyway, i just dont see what they would add to the mix. Isnt there some new strategic point on the galaxy for Megatron to conquer? A hidden Autobot colony or something perhaps? The autobots literally obliterated the decepticons in ROTF, why wouldnt they take the war to Cybertron?
Because its infested with decepticons you say? Well why didnt they come to earth to help if they re so many?

Whatever... leave it to bay to make stupid movies that arent worth your brain activity...

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #24
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,445
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
What army? He was alone against six and he got his ass kicked.
He wasnt alone, there was a full scale battle going on with millions of TF's, this was clearly shown in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I thought the autobots sent it to space so that Megatron wouldnt get it. I didnt know the Allspark had its own sentience and ways to make its way around the galaxy. Coincidences of a lame plot. In any case, there has to be a reason for the robots to stay on earth so that they remain relevant, so i dont mind if somehow all their relics are burried here. The writters had to keep them here so they thought of this... Its ok i guess...
He didnt know who the fallen was, he didnt know anything.
Optimus sent the Allspark away yes, but how it ended up on Earth was that it was drawn to the Prime's and The Matrix, while it wasnt outright stated in the movie, it was made pretty clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
He didnt even know where the matrix is (how was Megatron gonna get that information from his dead brain anyway? wtf?). He found the location from Jetfire's little poem. He didnt know ****.
He knew everything, the entire history of the TF race, but he couldnt read the language of the Prime's, not even the AUTOBOTS could read it, so how do you expect Sam to, only The Fallen could, and maybe Megatron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
No, i am just curious how they re going to survive thats all. But hey... they survived all this time without the Allspark or sun harvesting. Who gives a **** about common sense when you have Megan Fox'es boobs bouncing around?
Energon lasts a long time, as long as it is used sparingly, Megatron said this new Energon source could re-new "the future of our species." Thats what he was more concerned about, new TF's to add to his army, just like in the first movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
They do, but they are few and they are tiny. As i've said before, i could stir an aircraft carrier through ROTF's plot holes.
You could with those other movies though, how did the Joker get barrels and barrels of gasoline, hook them up to a bomb, on 2 ferries no less, WHILE the polic were searching the city? Not to mention how did know convicts would be one ferry and just normal people of the other? Thats a plot you could stir an aircraft carrier through as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I have read the Wiki an all three of them, but hardly remember a thing about them. Probably because each one has a huge bio, no, make that many huge bios depending on the many different interpretations of them by all these comics publishers... Dreamwave, Marvel, etc...
You are better just reading the bio's on the latest incarnatons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Anyway, i just dont see what they would add to the mix. Isnt there some new strategic point on the galaxy for Megatron to conquer? A hidden Autobot colony or something perhaps? The autobots literally obliterated the decepticons in ROTF, why wouldnt they take the war to Cybertron?
A bad guy like Thunderwing WOULD take the war to Cybertron, not only making it unnecessary to have it on earth but to show the Autobots and Deceps on the same side, something we havent seen before. They would bring plenty new to the table.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Because its infested with decepticons you say? Well why didnt they come to earth to help if they re so many?
I never said Cybertron was infested with Decepticons, it isnt, its a waste land and The Deceps werent wiped out, Megatron and Starscream survived, as did Soundwave, they are the 3 primary decepticons to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Whatever... leave it to bay to make stupid movies that arent worth your brain activity...
No offense, but I think you were more concerned with LOOKING for plot holes when watching this movie rather than actually watching it, A lot of your complaints were explained in the movie.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #25
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I never said Cybertron was infested with Decepticons, it isnt, its a waste land and The Deceps werent wiped out, Megatron and Starscream survived, as did Soundwave, they are the 3 primary decepticons to me.
I didnt mean that you said it, it was a figure of speech. I thought that the Decepticons ruled over a ruined Cybertron, but its not like the first movie expanded too much on it to have the details...

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.