The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

View Poll Results: Transformers 3 villain?
Galvatron as a seperate character than Megatron 8 11.94%
Unicron 31 46.27%
Thunderwing and Bludgeon 4 5.97%
Nova/Nemesis Prime and Jhiaxus 3 4.48%
Sixshot and the Decepticons 2 2.99%
Shockwave with his own Decepticon faction 20 29.85%
Megatron and more decepticons 23 34.33%
Other (in case i missed any) 2 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #26
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Which villain do you want for Transformers 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
I didnt mean that you said it, it was a figure of speech. I thought that the Decepticons ruled over a ruined Cybertron, but its not like the first movie expanded too much on it to have the details...
When Prime said "With the Allspark gone, we cannot return life to our planet..."

That indicated to me Cybertron was a wasteland, with no life on it, it was mentioned a few other times as well throughout the movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #27
Mr. Earle
Banned User

You are right. Supposedly the Decepticons now rule what's left of it?

BTW, it doesnt make much sense. Why would Megatron massacre the entire population of the planet when he can enslave it? Also, that means that there are very few robots left and that we wont see the robots go to Cybertron (even for a little) since there is nothing and noone there.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #28
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
You are right. Supposedly the Decepticons now rule what's left of it?
No, I suspect plenty of the Decep's went looking for the Allspark as the Autobots did. Especially after it became obvious Megatron had gone missing.

Quote:
BTW, it doesnt make much sense. Why would Megatron massacre the entire population of the planet when he can enslave it?
"All who defied them were destroyed...." Only the ones who defied Megatron were killed, the ones who were caught anyway, plenty of Autobots werent.

Quote:
Also, that means that there are very few robots left and that we wont see the robots go to Cybertron (even for a little) since there is nothing and noone there.
In the comics Cybertron is a barren wasteland as well, but some robots still reside there, Bludgeon awakened Thunderwing on Cybertron, and it was there the wreckers and Optimus, with help from some Decepticons, took him down.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #29
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
In the comics Cybertron is a barren wasteland as well, but some robots still reside there, Bludgeon awakened Thunderwing on Cybertron, and it was there the wreckers and Optimus, with help from some Decepticons, took him down.
But in the G1 animated series Cybertron wasnt destroyed. It was just taken over by the decepticons. If i remember correctly that is...

What purpose does cybertron serve as a wasteland? The G1 version leaves room for tons of potential plots. The robots visiting Cybertron or getting reinforcements, etc...

Old 08-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
But in the G1 animated series Cybertron wasnt destroyed. It was just taken over by the decepticons. If i remember correctly that is...

What purpose does cybertron serve as a wasteland? The G1 version leaves room for tons of potential plots. The robots visiting Cybertron or getting reinforcements, etc...
In the comics its a wasteland and I think that is the better way to go IMO, it shows how extreme the war got and the consequences of the fued, not to mention, it gives the Autobots something more to fight for when it comes to Earth, they dont want it to become another Cybertron.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #31
SymbioteKal-El
Side-Kick

I actually think it would be really interesting seeing Shockwave and Megatron battling it out for leadership of the Decepticons, with both having loyal factions following them, it would be great to see a 3 way battle scene with Decepticons vs Decepticons vs The Autobots, and a 3 way fight between Shockwave, Megatron and Prime would be something to behold.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #32
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I wouldnt mind that at all, would definately like to see Shockwave introduced but dont know if i would go the seperate Decepticon faction way just yet, I would to see Shockwave and Megatron arguing in TF3 about strategies and logic as that is how Shockwave operates, and also saying something to Megatron along the lines of "If I find it logical, i will take leadership of the Decepticons from you."

Then maybe, in the 4th movie they could go the seperate faction way.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #33
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Maybe for TF3 Megatron can go back to Cybertron and start rebuilding his army. It was shown that Starscream said in ROTF the hatchlings will keep dieng without more Cybertonium (if that is spelled correct). Maybe Megatron and Starscream find more on another planet and begin building their armies again back on Cybertron.

With this said they could easily throw in the struggle for power between both Starscream and Megatron (a feud I always love to see btw)

I agree that adding another devastator to the movie would just be mindless. I would rather see a good story and character archs then just (which is typical Michael Bay) Giant Massively Hugely Ginormously Big explosions and Transformers.

I really feel they have set up the story for a great third movie with more history of the Transformers and their creators. They dont have to show Unicron and Primus maybe just Giant silhouettes when explaining the creation and the split and why Megatron truely wanted to rule over Cyberton.

I just feel that they hinted towards the true story of the Transformers and they have a perfect setup to really go indepth. Of course with explosions added in because I mean it IS Michael Bay.

NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #34
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Do we need another Starscream? I say leave Shockwave as he was in G1. Loyal to Megatron to the point of madness! He promised to him that he would find Cybertron exactly how he left it, and many millenia later, he did. Shockwave banned every evolution to happen so that Megatron would find everything as he left it.

I suppose this explains how so many millenia later the bots that crashed on Earth are still relevant and the technology hadnt progressed on cybertron to the point that they would be left behind.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #35
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do we need another Starscream? I say leave Shockwave as he was in G1. Loyal to Megatron to the point of madness! He promised to him that he would find Cybertron exactly how he left it, and many millenia later, he did. Shockwave banned every evolution to happen so that Megatron would find everything as he left it.
To be fair, Shockwave having leadership ambitions is G1ish. That was the way he was portrayed in the original Marvel Comics.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

I suppose this explains how so many millenia later the bots that crashed on Earth are still relevant and the technology hadnt progressed on cybertron to the point that they would be left behind.
Shockwave is nothing like Starscream, in the G1 comics, he TOOK leadership from Megatron if he thought it was logical, not for his own gains, he is really the TF version of Spock, he is driven by logic no matter personal cost or gain to himself. With Orci and Kurtzman being big Trek fans, i'm surprised they didnt use Shockwave.

In the modern comic run, he took out all of the Dinobots himself on ancient Earth.

The difference between Shockwave and Starscream as well is, Shockwave could follow up his threats, he was genuinly as powerful, if not more powerful than Megatron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
To be fair, Shockwave having leadership ambitions is G1ish. That was the way he was portrayed in the original Marvel Comics.
Exactly, especially in the comics, even the modern ones, I think he is a great character and would be a great foil for the relationship between Starscream and Megatron.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #37
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Personally I wouldn't mind a human villain.

The old series had Arkeville. Not exactly the most successful villain, but it does give some precedent for human foes. And in this series humans can actually seriously damage and even kill Transformers.

It'd be a change anyway.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #38
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Personally I wouldn't mind a human villain.

The old series had Arkeville. Not exactly the most successful villain, but it does give some precedent for human foes. And in this series humans can actually seriously damage and even kill Transformers.

It'd be a change anyway.
The humans can maybe hurt the Autobots because they do not want to kill humans,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
though it was stupid of Prime to let Bumblebee die (he was a brave soldier....now... lets go to the movies!!!) because he didnt want to harm the humans. Seriously? They were asking for it!
but should they try to take on Megs and his team, they would be annihilated in an instant.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #39
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
The humans can maybe hurt the Autobots because they do not want to kill humans,
though it was stupid of Prime to let Bumblebee die (he was a brave soldier....now... lets go to the movies!!!) because he didnt want to harm the humans. Seriously? They were asking for it!
but should they try to take on Megs and his team, they would be annihilated in an instant.

I don't know,
that Rail Gun seemed to kill Devastator pretty easily.

Not to mention the stuff they might have gotten from their alliance with the Autobots, technology-wise.

Also keep in mind that in the Bayverse, there aren't all that many Transformers.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #40
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Nah, wouldnt want to see human villains, not as the main villains anyway. I wouldnt mind some humans being in league with Megatron/Shockwave or whoever, but not as the main villain.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #41
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Exactly, especially in the comics, even the modern ones, I think he is a great character and would be a great foil for the relationship between Starscream and Megatron.
Agreed. He just a much better and more interesting character that brings more to the table when he has his 'evil Spock' persona.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #42
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I'm curious how the 11 Hypesters who voted for Unicron would portray him on screen.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #43
Mr. Earle
Banned User

A giant cloud? Lol!

Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #44
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Agreed. He just a much better and more interesting character that brings more to the table when he has his 'evil Spock' persona.
Definately, he would bring something new to the franchise if they introduce him and another faction of Decepticons loyal to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal'Akai View Post
I'm curious how the 11 Hypesters who voted for Unicron would portray him on screen.
I just dont see why so many want him the threequel, IMO he should be saved for the final TF, which ever one that will be.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #45
Chris B
Side-Kick

Here's a suggestion that someone made over at TFW: would anyone be opposed to seeing the Liege Maximo pop up in TF3. Basically, in the Marvel Genaration 2 comics, he an ancient TF who led him own Deception faction (he used G2 Jhiaxus as his frontman) that controlled its own planet-spanning empire. And was even said to be the ancestor of Megatron and his Decepticons.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Liege_Maximo

They would probably have to tweak some of his backstory since some of it is reminiscent of the Fallen, but I think he could work.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #46
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^He sounds interesting, but at the same time he does sound similar to The Fallen, personally, I think Thunderwing or Shockwave are the way to go, preferrably Thunderwing as we could see the Decepticons and Autobots teaming up to fight him.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #47
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

My curiousity about the villain has just increased ten fold, who do you guys think it will be now? Still vote for who you want as well of course, you never know, it may sway their thinking!

Old 10-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #48
Unholyjustice
Two Faced

Most people say that the third time is a charm. R u listening BAY huh r u??? Don't screw up this movie. It would be nice if he just listened to the fans and use correctly that villian. I know its a long shot to get it right but the little kid in me wants to see a glimpse of unicron lighting up the big screen.

Unholyjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #49
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

May as well just go all out and make it Unicron. I suspect that's who he wants for this one, you can't really get any bigger.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #50
Rodimus Primal
Newbie First Class

I say to up the ante there should be Megatron now attacking public places with an army and the Autobots fighting to protect their new "home." We've already done the whole introductions and backstories so I think its time we just had a good action flick.

Rodimus Primal is offline   Reply With Quote