Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #26
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Default Re: WB, forget about SR, just make a good superman movie pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareKnucklez
Shocking! Where are these people you speak off because the majority of the fan base spoke up clearly when the movie failed to even beat BATMAN BEGINS at the boxoffice domestically.

Let alone live up to the hype... People simply didn't like the movie overall, and the boxoffice numbers don't lie...
yes they did,

And the majority did like it at the hype too (look at most of the polls , Sr is even considered one of the most appreciated comics books movie of all time )and certainly by the public : yes , it didn't make pirates number , but it did make a huge amount of money and especially had good legs: after a disapointing beginning , the movie had almost the same career as Batman Begins in the us ( but did make more money worldwide )

Personnaly , the movie could have flopped and could be hated by everybody , it would not change my enjoyment, but that is far from being the case ..do your research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:48 AM   #27
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbaby
bingo! SR is such a huge let down. it's senseless and pointless. seriously, Singer had no idea to do a superman movie, aside of copying directly scene by scene from STM.
Really?
I don't remember a scene in STM where Superman get's stabbed in the back with a kryptonite shank, Lifts a Kryptonite laced Continent into orbit, Saves the citizens of Metropolis from a major disaster, catches the Daily planet globe, ends up in a hospital having human's save his life, or a half kryptonian son. Nope none of those things are in STM and the stuff that was homaged was done on purpose.

My opinions are are my own and do not reflect those of DC comics,Warner Bros, Marvel Entertainment, Walt Disney, IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Action Lab Entertainment unless otherwise stated.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #28
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok
I can think of over a dozen different ways to move from SR all sticking heavily with the SR plot.
Ditto .

Quote:
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #29
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamalYIgle
Really?
I don't remember a scene in STM where Superman get's stabbed in the back with a kryptonite shank, Lifts a Kryptonite laced Continent into orbit, Saves the citizens of Metropolis from a major disaster, catches the Daily planet globe, ends up in a hospital having human's save his life, or a half kryptonian son. Nope none of those things are in STM and the stuff that was homaged was done on purpose.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

i never thought that this was possible. superman saved people in metropolis from a disaster? brialiant

Old 11-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #30
phil
Banned User

Quote:
Really?
lol, c'mon now, the movie was packed with campy homages, the same outline, same Jorel, same stupid real estate story. Stupid one liners copying STM line for line. I could go on and on.

"How many F's in catastrophe?"

Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #31
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Really?
Exactly.

And the visual style ,the tone , and most of the thematics were not the same .

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #32
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
lol, c'mon now, the movie was packed with campy homages, the same outline, same Jorel, same stupid real estate story. Stupid one liners copying STM line for line. I could go on and on.

"How many F's in catastrophe?"
How about no?

Seriously ,the problem is that some of you can't accept that some people saw the movie differently than you.

ok you didn't like it ( and you're not alone) okk .. well i did , and you can say all you wan't that it was stupid and a retread i didn't get that .

sorry that you didn't like it.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 08:57 AM   #33
phil
Banned User

I'm sorry you did like it because it wasn't even close to second rate for Superman.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #34
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

i never thought that this was possible. superman saved people in metropolis from a disaster? brialiant
yup.

and you can bet that he will in one of the next issue of action comics ..

That's what he does.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #35
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
I'm sorry you did like it
Personnaly , i don't wish people a bad time at the movies.if they did like a movie that i didn't : good for them .

But, ok

Quote:
because it wasn't even close to second rate for Superman
That's your opinion

We could go on , and so what?

have fun have the last word.

Quote:

Last edited by Maze; 11-16-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #36
phil
Banned User

Well if that's what he does he has to cut back on that because he has a child to look after now. And I'm sure he just can't take off in the middle of a T-Ball game to save people.
Hopefully in the sequel the custody battle won't be too hard on the kid. And also I hope they let down the guy who thinks the kid is really his easy.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 AM   #37
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Well if that's what he does he has to cut back on that because he has a child to look after now. And I'm sure he just can't take off in the middle of a T-Ball game to save people.
yup and that's one of the things that i think is interesting..it just add drama imo..and humanity to Superman.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 09:08 AM   #38
phil
Banned User

Just turn on your TV in the middle of the day and take your pic from the different Soap Opera's to get this lame-ass story you like.
Who's the father love triangle is no place for SUPERMAN!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #39
phil
Banned User

What's also no place for Superman is dark bland colors on a suit that looks like Brittany Spears would wear and a dark feel like your in the X-Men Univearse. Singer should be ashamed of himself.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #40
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Just turn on your TV in the middle of the day and take your pic from the different Soap Opera's to get this lame-ass story you like.
!
Not soap opera .Drama.

I don't like soap opera.

in a soap opera , people go on and on about the same topic without ever advancing the story for example..

ps: again calm down it's an exchange of opinion period.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #41
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
What's also no place for Superman is dark bland colors on a suit that looks like Brittany Spears would wear and a dark feel like your in the X-Men Univearse. Singer should be ashamed of himself.
No.

he has nothing to be ashamed of.

you didn't like it , that's another thing.

That's Singer take on that universe (and a modern one ) like there are countless version of Superman in the comics ( elseworld and even "continuity" )

ps: Singer characters have often more of an "Armani" style..

Quote:

Last edited by Maze; 11-16-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #42
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Cuz we all know when you think SUPERMAN, you think HOMEWRECKER.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #43
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord
These threads need to stop cause you already know that WB will go with Singer and continue from SR....Deal with it.
If you dont like it then dont watch the sequel. Wait for this Superman franchise to end and wait for the next one.
no, i don't know for sure that WB will go with Singer and continue from SR until i see the end result.

superman lives, superman flyby & Superman vs batman, WB were very happy with those too. and we thought they gonna take off too. but you know the ending..

so there is always hope.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #44
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze
No.

he has nothing to be ashamed of.

you didn't like it , that's another thing.

That's Singer take on that universe (and a modern one ) like there are countless version of Superman in the comics ( elseworld and even "continuity" )

ps: Singer characters have often more of an "Armani" style..
singer should be ashamed of himself because he is visionless and has no idea to do a superman story.

just take the flying in the metropolis scenes as example. there are so damn poor and unexciting. totally suck.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #45
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
singer should be ashamed of himself because he is visionless and has no idea to do a superman story.

just take the flying in the metropolis scenes as example. there are so damn poor and unexciting. totally suck.
Your opinion , i thought they were exciting and the movie was epic .

Singer has a great vision imo ,you don't. that's all there is to say in conclusion.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #46
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
Cuz we all know when you think SUPERMAN, you think HOMEWRECKER.
Nope.

he hesitated , begun to try to ger her back, but let her go when he understood that he had messed up ,and that she had a family now.

that's what i call a hero. (and you can call him whatever you wan't of course )

Quote:
Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 AM   #47
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
WB, don't try too hard to faithfully continue from SR. afterall, SR is sending wrong messages, and it has too many bad attachments.

you would have no time to introduce new villains, to develop the new plot, the characters of clark kent, superman & lois lane, and to get the public involved if you went to develop the kid storyline; the superman & the kid relationship, the triangular love, to explain richard white and to bring lex luthor back into business.

if you made a faithful sequel of SR, it would only lead you to dead end and kill the superman movie franchise all together.

pls just make a good superman movie. the metallo & brainiac episodes of the animation of superman are some of the examples of a good structure superman film you can refer to.
Dear Superman Returns haters like superbaby,

Stop acting like you represent all of the views of Superman Returns and all of the fans of Superman. There are many people who like the movie and as a matter in fact, a majority of people liked it, they just either
A. Don't post on this board.
B. Don't post on this forum period.
C. The movie has a majority of good reviews, a 76% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and has a 7.0/10 on IMDB.

There are some things you people have to know:
1. Superman Returns made $391 million from a budget of $204 million. It probally would have done quite a bit better if Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest did not come out the next week. By the way, Batman Begins made $371 million, less than Superman Returns.
2. Singer is going to direct the sequel and it is going to be a sequel to Superman Returns. DEAL WITH IT!

Now that, that has been said, the least we can do on these forums is say what we want for the next Superman movie. And don't say "Fire Singer" or "Singer doesn't get Superman" or "This movie is going to suck." We all know that Warner Bros. reads these boards and those kind of things are just going to phase right through them. "No Zod" or "Please put Brainiac in" or "No campy Lex" or "More action," things that would improve upon the sequel, that is what is going to get through them.

I'm going to nit-pick through the rest of your messsage now:

Quote:
you would have no time to introduce new villains, to develop the new plot, the characters of clark kent, superman & lois lane, and to get the public involved if you went to develop the kid storyline; the superman & the kid relationship, the triangular love, to explain richard white and to bring lex luthor back into business.
That's BS and you know that. A sequel to Superman Returns can easily introduce a new villain (which has been confirmed, but who, Zod, Brainiac, who knows). The plot is always developed in a movie (either poorly or awesomely is up in the air). And Superman Returns already went into depth on the characters of Clark Kent, Superman, and Lois Lane.

Quote:
if you made a faithful sequel of SR, it would only lead you to dead end and kill the superman movie franchise all together.
Unless the sequel to Superman Returns is as bad as Batman and Robin, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Supergirl, Steel, or Catwoman, it is not going to kill the Superman movie franchise. The movies I mentioned, THOSE are franchise killers.

Quote:
pls just make a good superman movie. the metallo & brainiac episodes of the animation of superman are some of the examples of a good structure superman film you can refer to.
And what about the people who found Superman Returns rather enjoyable. Are a good chunk of those who watched Superman Returns just simply ignorable? You can't ignore them just like those who hated the movie can't be ignored.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #48
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze
Nope.

he hesitated , begun to try to ger her back, but let her go when he understood that he had messed up ,and that she had a family now.

that's what i call a hero. (and you can call him whatever you wan't of course )
NOPE TOO LATE. BOY THREW PIANO. HOME = WRECKED.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #49
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok
You lack any vision. I can think of over a dozen different ways to move from SR all sticking heavily with the SR plot.

Its pointless to worry about that anyway since SR was supposed to end the Donner films and provide an opening into a newer universe (something it didnt do very well)
this is the lamest excuse i'd ever heard & you are buying it. c'mon. get a brain. transitional *****. STM was almost 30 years ago. everybody are ready to move on and celebrate a new superman movie. however this visionless singer gave us a poorly copy version of STM.

WAKE UP WB!!! singer is as awful as Mcg if not worse than him!

Old 11-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #50
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
no, i don't know for sure that WB will go with Singer and continue from SR until i see the end result.
It's pretty sure. The first of three movies has already been made and is a success (abeit a rather disapointing one), the cast has been locked down, the director has been locked down. It's going to happen.

Quote:
superman lives, superman flyby & Superman vs batman, WB were very happy with those too. and we thought they gonna take off too. but you know the ending..
Warner Bros were originally happy with Superman Lives, but the longer it took the project to start, the less and less excited they were about it.

Once Ratner was gone and the script reviews for Superman Flyby came in, Warner Bros. lost any interest in Superman Flyby.

Warner Bros. quickly ditched Batman vs. Superman for individual Batman and Superman movies.

Quote:
so there is always hope.
I guess you can waste your time hoping