The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #101
kiuju2k
Banned User

Default Re: WB, forget about SR, just make a good superman movie pls

Movie was terrible. The theater wouldn't give me my money back. It was a tremendous let down for most but, for me i expected trash I don't know why I acted so surprised when I watched it Then again this is the same guy that destroyed the x-men franchise. I don't know maybe its because he works within budget or something. Just get rid of him already. I seriously would just wait for Raimi to finish S3 and let him do a superman movie. Just no singer. Its hard to believe anyone outside of a non comic reader would actually like this movie.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #102
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: WB, forget about SR, just make a good superman movie pls

Well, if they'd gone witha restart, I would have gone with Wizard Magazine's idea for a trilogy .I'm just giving the plots they gave, and adding my own detail. I'm also adding in another movie, making it a fouyr film franchise:

Man of Steel: It's basically Superman's origin story. We start with Clark Kent arriving in Metropolis and getting his job at the Daily Planet. This is followed by several mysterious reports of a flying "Superman" saving lives all over the city. We get a few scenes with Clark talking to his parents, with mention made to how he arrived on Earth. We then see Lex Luthor, billiobare CEO of Lexcorp and genius innventor, taking an interest in these Superman reports. He tries to contact Superman by faking a disaster to draw out his atention. He offers Superman a partnership, saying that they could reshape the world into a finer place. Superman says quite flatly that he is not interested, and it becomes quite evident that their philosophies are very different. As Superman, Clark starts up a rather unique relationship with his partner in the news room, Lois Lane. He comes to he, floating outside of he window at night, and talks to her, using her as his way of getting his voice out to the people (and avoiding any suspicions that may rise if Clark Kent served this role). Lois becomes infatuated with Superman, but their relationship in this is a bit more distant, him serving a sort of gaurdian angel role. Meanwhile, Lex starts setting up several tests for Superman, including faked terrorist atacks and the like, to judge the level of Superman's power. Superman overcomes these obstacles, but ends up bleeding a little bit from one of the encounters. Lex takes the blood sample and has his scientists grow a clone. They succeed, but the creature is imperfect. It is mentally under developed, and lacks any skin pigmentation. Still, Lex orders the creature to kill Superman and take his place. This leads to a massive fight between Superman and his clone, which ultimately results in the clone dying in an atempts to shut down a nuclear metldown, which he and Superman accidentally caused during their fight.

Last Son: Clark begins to try and realy dig into where he came from. He begins looking over his ship, but to no evail. So, as Superman, he taked his ship to Dr. Emil Hammilton, a scientist in Metropolis. Hamilton looks over the vessel, and is soon able to activate it. Clark hears the voice of his father, Kal-El, telling him that the computer program within the ship is modled after his (Jor-El's) consciousness, and is in essence him. Superman begins learning all sorts about Krypton's history and culture from "Jor-El," and begins to reflect on how this effects the humanity that he always felt he had until learning of his heratige. Soon, "Jor-El" begins talking about remaking Earth in Krypton's image. Superman objects to this. Not only would terraforming Earth to be like Krypton's environment and altering the humans genetically to be essentially Kryptonian in nature kill millions, but to reach Krypton's state of near utopian status, which happened after centuries of technological, social, and political developement would require enslaving the human race and forcebly bending them to Kryptonian ways, which would also result in countless deaths. Fearing what "Jor-El" might do, Superman shuts the ship down. However, the ship reactivates itself, and using the technology in Hammilton's lab builds itself a superhuman body. It is revealed that "Jor-El" is in fact The Eradicator, a Kryptonian military defense program. Jor-El coppied a variant of it into his son's ship that was designed to protect Kal-El and preserve Krypton's culture at all costs. Over time, the programing evolved, and is now willing to count mass genocide under "all costs."

Th Eradicator flies to the North Polse, where it begins the terraforming process. Superman follows, and tries to stop the machine. It initially atempts to merely contain Superman, as his programing includes protecting him. However, as Superman proves very dificult to contain, The Eradicator reasons that beating him to within an inch of his life and allowing him to heal while it completes it's work wouldn't be against his programing. Anyway, massive fight insues. It goes up into the upper atmosphere, where Superman defeats The Eradicator by tearing out it's "brain" and throwing it into space. He then flies back to the north pole and ends the terraforming process, which leves a Kryptonian-like structure in it's wake.

Brainiac: A probe in deep space, having taken notice of the actvity on Earth in the previous film, comes to Earth. It locates Milton Fine, a low level telepath/telikinetic and stage preformer, and kills him, taking over his body and altering to better suit it's purposes. It then takes Fine's stage name, Brainiac, as it's own. The probe had been built on the planet Colu, a planet run entire by computers (ala the Borg), to spread the peaceful nature of Colu to other planets. Brainiac goes to Metropolis, wanting to use Lex Luthor's technology, in conjuncture with the Kryptonian technology in the North Pole, to create a means of "pacifying" the human race and then spreading it's influence to the rest of the universe. To help, it creates two superhumans, Metallo and The Parasite, to serve as his workers. It, of course, does not tell them the true nature of It's plan. When Lex becomes aware of what is going on, he contacts Superman, who has already fought Parasite and Metallo twice as they go about stealing technology for Brainiac. Lex and Superman go to the North Pole, where Brainiac is readying to pacify the planet. Lex easily defeats Metallo by shorting out his systems, and Superman finally beats The Parasite, who had constantly been bragging about how superior he was to Superman, by freezing him in the arctic snow. There is then a huge battle between Brainiac and Superman. Superman, however, is unable to defceat Brainiac, only stalemate him, as he soon realizes that the only way to defeat him is to kill him. Lex, however, is fully willing to do this, and shoots Brainiac in the head (it should be noted that Brainiac's powers are completely psychic/energy based, and as such his body isn;t too much more durable than that of a human). Lex then takes Brainiac's body back to Metropolis.

The Elite: Lex, using cell samples from Brainiac's body, creates a team of heroes that he thinks are better suited to save the world than Superman. They are The Elite, lead by street wise British hoodlum Manchester Black. The story follows pretty much follows Action Comics #775, with aspects of Lex Luthor: Man of Steel thrown in to expand the plot. This is very much a Lex Luthor film, and some elements of Lex's backstory, taken from Lex Luthor: The Unofficial Biography, will be mentioned to help flesh out his character. The story ends first with the ending of Action Comincs #775, with Superman defeating The Elite and giving his speech about how extreme methods used to save the world are unnecessairy, and then with the ending of Lex Luthor:Man of Steel, with Lex talking to Superman through his window.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #103
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareKnucklez
Shocking! Where are these people you speak off because the majority of the fan base spoke up clearly when the movie failed to even beat BATMAN BEGINS at the boxoffice domestically.

Let alone live up to the hype... People simply didn't like the movie overall, and the boxoffice numbers don't lie...
With Titantic, the Star Wars prequels, Independence Day, The Matrix Reloaded all in the Top 30 highest grossing movies ever made list, I'd hardly say box office is a proper indication of how good a movie is. Whether it be Superman Returns or Batman Begins or The Godfather. It may indicate how popular a movie is, but that's about it.

Where you can (at least partially) tell the quality of a movie, is in the majority of reviews and reaction from both professional critics and general movie goers (not to mention the actual fans). As you can see in the links I've provided, SR did well with critics, the general public, and fans...here at the Hype, no less.

I will agree, it didn't live up to the hype, but that hardly makes it bad nor highly disliked.

I'm not trying to undermine your (or anyone's) opinion of the film, but it gets a bit annoying when people (like yourself) start manipulating facts to prove their own opinion "correct" or something.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #104
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamalYIgle
See, that where you guys have it wrong. Lex luthor's plan isn't about real estate. it's about controlling kryptonian technology. Building new Krypton was going to be his first step.
Lex wanted to build a base from which he would concour the world.
Are you really Jamal Ingle?

Old 11-16-2006, 11:41 PM   #105
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter
Are you really Jamal Ingle?
actually it's Igle, but yes, I'm Jamal Igle. C.Lee can vouch for me.

My opinions are are my own and do not reflect those of DC comics,Warner Bros, Marvel Entertainment, Walt Disney, IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Action Lab Entertainment unless otherwise stated.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #106
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
See, that where you guys have it wrong. Lex luthor's plan isn't about real estate. it's about controlling kryptonian technology. Building new Krypton was going to be his first step.
Lex wanted to build a base from which he would concour the world.
Personally, I also interpreted it to mean he wanted to control the world as well as conquer it (at least, conquer it in the tradition, physical sense).

If New Krypton did what it was supposed to do, North America would be gone. The world economy would be in shambles. Worldwide poverty, food shortages, not to mention political ramifications could reduce powerful nations to third world countries in an instant.

And Lex Luthor would have the most advanced technology on the face of the Earth - capable of giving the world everything it. The world would, simply put, be at his mercy. He would have conquered the world without lifting a finger.

Which is actually all quite in line with the modern comics' Luthor's characterization.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:41 AM   #107
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
actually it's Igle, but yes, I'm Jamal Igle. C.Lee can vouch for me.
Holy s**t

Old 11-17-2006, 05:12 AM   #108
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
Well if that's what he does he has to cut back on that because he has a child to look after now. And I'm sure he just can't take off in the middle of a T-Ball game to save people.
Hopefully in the sequel the custody battle won't be too hard on the kid. And also I hope they let down the guy who thinks the kid is really his easy.
They just move on from Jason for now. Just because he was introduced in Superman Returns doesn't mean he has to be used in every single sequel afterwards. I'm not suggesting they pretend Superman Returns didn't happen either.

Jason can still exist, but remain in the background. Even the ending of Superman Returns suggests that might be the case. Remember the speech Superman gave to the sleeping Jason? It was the same speech Jor-El gave to Kal-El. And who played the role of father to Kal-El? Not Jor-El, but his human father Jonathan Kent.

Richard could be the new Jonathan Kent, while Superman only plays the Jor-El role when Jason is a teenager and has discovered his powers. Up until then, Jason's early life needs no exposure. The next few Superman sequels can take during this time period, where Jason grows up off-screen.

This doesn't make Superman a dead beat dad either. He didn't know about Lois's pregnancy, and he didn't raise Jason. It would be more un-Superman for him to kick Richard to the curb and claim Jason as his son.

What about Lois? The way I see it, Lois and Superman's relationship has had plenty of exposure in the comics, movies, and L&C. She has a new man now, and Superman Returns seemed to be the final goodbye between Lois and Superman as far as a relationship is concerned.

Maybe a new love interest would be refreshing. Many have suggested Lana, and I'd have to agree. Ok, so she's not so popular on Smallville these days, but that's not the real Lana. The real one is likeable, and we've only seen the real one for a few seconds in Superman: The Movie and then she was the love interest of Superman III that went nowhere because it was ignored in Superman IV.

All problems solved.

Last edited by Lead Cenobite; 11-17-2006 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 AM   #109
Mentok
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter
Singer: X-Men, X-2: X-Men United, Superman Returns, Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil

McG: Charlies Angels, Charlies Angels: Full Throtle, music videos

Singer: brought a faithful interpretation of Donner's Superman

McG: was going to direct a Superman movie that had a suit in a can, a Kryptonian Lex Luthor who was a CIA agent, a prophecy of Superman going back to Krypton and saving it, Krypton not even exploding, and other lame ass ideas.

Singer: nobody's puppet

McG: Jon Peters' puppet

Singer: was able to restart the Superman project right from scratch and manage to get it out within 2 years

McG: took the reigns from Ratner and still managed to keep it in development hell

Yeah, Singer is just as bad if not worse than McG
Thank you

Old 11-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #110
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite
They just move on from Jason for now. Just because he was introduced in Superman Returns doesn't mean he has to be used in every single sequel afterwards. I'm not suggesting they pretend Superman Returns didn't happen either.

Jason can still exist, but remain in the background. Even the ending of Superman Returns suggests that might be the case. Remember the speech Superman gave to the sleeping Jason? It was the same speech Jor-El gave to Kal-El. And who played the role of father to Kal-El? Not Jor-El, but his human father Jonathan Kent.

Richard could be the new Jonathan Kent, while Superman only plays the Jor-El role when Jason is a teenager and has discovered his powers. Up until then, Jason's early life needs no exposure. The next few Superman sequels can take during this time period, where Jason grows up off-screen.

This doesn't make Superman a dead beat dad either. He didn't know about Lois's pregnancy, and he didn't raise Jason. It would be more un-Superman for him to kick Richard to the curb and claim Jason as his son.

What about Lois? The way I see it, Lois and Superman's relationship has had plenty of exposure in the comics, movies, and L&C. She has a new man now, and Superman Returns seemed to be the final goodbye between Lois and Superman as far as a relationship is concerned.

Maybe a new love interest would be refreshing. Many have suggested Lana, and I'd have to agree. Ok, so she's not so popular on Smallville these days, but that's not the real Lana. The real one is likeable, and we've only seen the real one for a few seconds in Superman: The Movie and then she was the love interest of Superman III that went nowhere because it was ignored in Superman IV.

All problems solved.
then, what was the point of introducing jason at the first place? just to show that superman is a dick like us who can have unprotected sex?

by the way, your ideas seems like all go against SR, putting aside all the storylines singer created in his so called epic.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #111
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
then, what was the point of introducing jason at the first place? just to show that superman is a dick like us who can have unprotected sex?
Who said that he had unprotected sex?

You know you can take a contraceptive and ,sometimes ,still have children....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.

Last edited by Maze; 11-17-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #112
MFM
Justice League of Al-Quds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed
Cuz we all know when you think SUPERMAN, you think HOMEWRECKER.
When I think of SUPERMAN, I also think PEEPING-TOM!

Thank You Teh Bryan Singer!!!111

Old 11-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #113
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbaby

by the way, your ideas seems like all go against SR, putting aside all the storylines singer created in his so called epic.
The Jason storyline would pick up later on in the series.

You have to admit, it's better than making a sequel to Superman Returns and pretending parts of it didn't happen.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #114
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

No just forget it ever happened. The whooooole thing. CUT THE DONNER UMBILICAL CORD.

WTF PEOPLE? Let's try to save superman. Damn. The donner movies ended a milion years ago. LET'S MOVE ON.

GOD.

And .. sorry for all those looking forward to Superman and Son adventures. Go to hell.

Last edited by The Kid; 11-17-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #115
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
No just forget it ever happened.

WTF PEOPLE? Let's try to save superman. Damn. The donner movies ended a milion years ago. LET'S MOVE ON.

GOD.
But The Donner movies ended twenty years ago , indeed ?

hello Wes

Quote:
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.

Last edited by Maze; 11-17-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:44 PM   #116
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

A lot of you people are idiots.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #117
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Seriously, why are we doing a Dean Cain storyline?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1HUV_aT-gdM

Old 11-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #118
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
Seriously, why are we doing a Dean Cain storyline?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1HUV_aT-gdM
So you mean that Sr is a Comics storyline ( i don't see the ressemblance but ok) yup , the "game" before he married her was let's flirt on and off..so really i don't see what you are talking about..

Quote:

Last edited by Maze; 11-17-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #119
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze
So you mean that Sr is a Comics storyline ( i don't see the ressemblance but ok) yup , now that he his married, Lois count a lot more And anways before that the "game" was i can't get Lois..so really i don't see what you are talking about..
Neither do I.. the idea of Superman having children has been done in the comics before, since the 50's actually. Now they've introduced a Kryptonian child into the Superman comics again.

My opinions are are my own and do not reflect those of DC comics,Warner Bros, Marvel Entertainment, Walt Disney, IDW Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, Action Lab Entertainment unless otherwise stated.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #120
JamalYIgle
Side-Kick

Quote:
No just forget it ever happened. The whooooole thing. CUT THE DONNER UMBILICAL CORD.

GOD.

And .. sorry for all those looking forward to Superman and Son adventures. Go to hell.
You do realize that Richard Donner is co writing Action Comics now, right and that every thing that Donner has done with Superman influenced the comics since the 80's.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #121
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Quote:
You do realize that Richard Donner is co writing Action Comics now, right and that every thing that Donner has done with Superman influenced the comics since the 80's.
Yup.

Byrne was influenced a lot by Donner among other ( even if he did get rid of the bumbling Clark for example ..one of his bad idea imo )

Quote:
Old 11-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #122
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Quote:
What I realize is you always act like donner's the only reason superman even exists. And I thought you worked for DC...

I'm not even going to fall in the trap of talking about what influences the comics from the movies. They were made a million years ago. the modern version of superman is almost completely different than the reeve/donner version and you know this, Donner knows this, and the only person who doesn't is Singer because he wanted so badly to redo Donner's old OUTDATED superman again oh and sprinkled with a few referrences to some ancient superman comics..

Last edited by The Kid; 11-17-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #123
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Quote:
Neither do I.. the idea of Superman having children has been done in the comics before, since the 50's actually. Now they've introduced a Kryptonian child into the Superman comics again.
And he's slapped a Jap too. let's do that story as well.

Damnit, freakin dc artists on the boards...

Sazafrazzin Frizaa$#$#^%*^%^(@!$@#

Last edited by The Kid; 11-17-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #124
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
What I realize is you always act like donner's the only reason superman even exists. And I thought you worked for DC...

I'm not even going to fall in the trap of talking about what influences the comics from the movies. They were made a million years ago. the modern version of superman is almost completely different than the reeve/donner version and you know this, Donner knows this, and the only person who doesn't is Singer because he wanted so badly to redo Donner's old OUTDATED superman again oh and sprinkled with a few referrences to some ancient superman comics..
He's not saying that Donner is the only reason why Superman continues to exist. He's saying that Donner's vision has highly influenced Superman's modern incarnation. Which it has indeed.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #125
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:

GOD.

You know, I don't care about your opinion, you're a jerk anyway.

WB doesn't care either. You may want to cut the Donner umbilical cord, but they aren't about to. We're getting a sequel to SR whether you like it or not.

Last edited by Lead Cenobite; 11-17-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Closed Thread