The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 08-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #101
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Default Re: Iron Man 2: The Video Game (Trailer/Videos)

Aint this game gonna be available on PC..?..'cause i'm not spending roughly 300 for a next gen console...yet.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #102
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Bump xD

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #103
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

If the first one was available for the PC then I'm sure this one will be as well.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #104
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Mark IV - schematics

RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #105
SpiderByte
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Titanium Man was in the last game & looked way different, unless he has new armor this time.

I still think it involves Cap somehow, that star looks way to much like the one on his shield.
Dude.

This is Crimson Dynamo.
The thing in the trailer looks just like him.
The fact that it has a star does NOT mean its Captain America related.

SpiderByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #106
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Oh I never saw that version of him.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #107
SpiderByte
Banned User

Me neither, till I looked it up.

So, who thinks this game will be awesome?

*raises hand*

Old 10-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #108
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

I hope they show a new trailer for this in the Spike Scream Awards like they did two years ago for the first one.

I doubt they will, but I'm hoping.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #109
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Iron Man 2: The Video Game - Nintedo Wii/Ds Article

• Tighter action.
  • Upgradeable weapons
  • Acheivements (to unlock techpoints) and Techpoints hidden in level.
  • Scan mode similar to Samus's
  • Flying levels
  • War Machine as second playable character.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #110
SpiderByte
Banned User

In the third pic....who is that he's fighting?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #111
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

What magazine is this? Any article for the 360/PS3 version?

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 01-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #112
Shadow-Guardian
Banned User

You can always count on RealIrOnMaN for the best Iron Man news.

I'm strangly somewhat excited for this game. I keep telling myself it's gonna suck like the first one but, deep down, I just want a good Iron Man game. Plus playing with the sweet looking Mark IV armor, and of course War Machine, makes it all that sweeter. Just please let this be good.

Shadow-Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #113
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

It can't be any worse than the last one. Can it?

If it's at least as decent as the Avatar game, then I'll be happy.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 02-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #114
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Exclusive screenshot by Marvel.com -> "Iron Man vs. Crimson Dynamo"

Old 02-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #115
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

nice find

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #116
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Lamb of "Iron" God

Get ready to rock as we can now reveal that two-time Grammy-nominated heavy metal superstars Lamb of God are creating exclusive content Iron Man 2: The Videogame. The all-new track will bring more intensity and pack an extra punch in the game which releases in April 2010 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PSP and Nintendo Wii.

About the game:
Iron Man 2: The Videogame is an intense 3rd person action adventure shooter, based on one of Marvel’s best known characters. Packed with a host of well known villains including Crimson Dynamo – who is exclusive to the video game – Iron Man 2: The Videogame offers gamers the chance to play as War Machine for the very first time. Taking place in a variety of enemy-filled environments, players will be able to choose their hero and decide if they want to play as the fast and powerful Iron Man or as the strong and imposing War Machine – brains or brawn? Iron Man 2: The Videogame will also feature an original story co-written by Eisner award winning Iron Man comic author, Matt Fraction.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #117
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

"Iron Man 2: The Videogame" - Sega presentation by Marvel in Chelsea

* ^ Iron Man charging up his Unibeam in “Iron Man 2: The Video Game.

* Iron Man's HUD changes a bit when he gets hurt.

* S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier confirmed.
Meanwhile, Newsarama is writingIron Man 2 Game Preview Right Now! The SHIELD Helicarrier and Playable War Machine!

* Marvel is gonna chat with the Creative Director of "Iron Man 2: The Video Game" in a bit.
* The Unibeam in "Iron Man 2: The Video Game" looks awesome even on the Nintedo Wii.
* The motion controls look rad on the Wii version.
* The game itself is very explodey.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #118
Shadow-Guardian
Banned User

DAMN IT! Now I'm excited for the game. The Helicarrier, War Machine, Good graphics...Yeah, I'm offically looking forward to it.

I wonder if we'll get to explore the helicarrier. Like, walk around and stuff. That'd kick ass.

This seriously better not suck.

Thanks for the news, RealIrOnMaN. You always post the best stuff.

Shadow-Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #119
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

No problem man)

In addition to my report:

* Marvel has a great video that should dispel some fears about making the IM2 game better than the first!"

Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #120
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Newsarama delievers - Iron Man 2: The Videogame

SEGA made it very clear at a press event in New York that they're well aware the first Iron Man game tied to the blockbuster movie fell into a lot of the movie-game traps.
"Not to speak ill of the dead, so-to-speak, but there were a lot of bad choices," said Creative Director Kyle Brink. This is good news for fans of the armored Avenger, as the new game makes a lot of changes and moves the Shellhead into an all-new adventure.

That was the major point hammered home by Brink, that this is "a unique story in the movie universe." This isn't an adaptation of Iron Man 2 the movie. The story is co-written by comic scribe Matt Fraction, who teamed up with a group of writers from SEGA. Brink said this worked out great, with Fraction keeping them in touch with who Tony Stark is. "Matt Fraction was one of the easiest writers to work with," Brink said, "he really knows Iron Man and helped us capture the character."

* The gameplay changed considerably from the first game to this sequel, also with the goal of making the player feel more like Iron Man. Flight, hovering, shooting, and melee have all been redone entirely. Hovering is now automatic, shooting has a great auto-lock that is enabled and disable with a single click. Flight is tuned to a person-sized object and the way they would manuever, rather than flying like an extremely small plane

* Melee was a big focus from the beginning for the design team. When asked his main goal, Brink said he wanted to bring the action in closer. "The first game had you hunting pixels, and shooting enemies from 500 feet away. In order to feel powerful, you need to hit someone in the face with your fist." To that end, there are six different melee styles, and two can be outfitted to your suit at a time, switchable on the fly.

* Firing, likewise, has been remapped to the two trigger buttons, and pulling both fires the now significantly more powerful Unibeam. Two weapons are set to each side at a time, out of a huge selection. There's no ammo to be collected, instead weapons simply recharge for firing again.

* War Machine is playable in nearly the entire game, and is not just a palette swap, with a different fighting style and more heavy weaponry.

* There are about "two thirds of the missions" that can be played with your choice of character, and in one third the gamer will have to use one, the other, or alternate between both to solve puzzles. Unfortunately, with the reduced development time of about 14 months, compared to the average game development of two to three years, co-op and network play were taken off the table early.

* The game engine was significantly improved to include dynamic lighting. Thanks to this, there are tons of destructable objects, and even entire buildings that can be brought down. In the first game, this was impossible, as if a building was destroyed, the shadow would still be there.

* Several armors are in the game for Iron Man, including those from the movie and from the comics. The Ultimate armor and the Silver Centurion armor are two examples mentioned by Brink. These will use the weapons and melee styles, which are all upgradeable with experience, interchangably, so you won't be locked to just one configuration per armor.

* Brink recognized the repetitiveness of the first game, and noted that the team came up with a variety of missions, none of which include an objective of "defeat X amount of enemies." There are indoor and outdoor battles. There are battles that encourage flight, battles confined to the ground, and inbetween. There are missions where certain objects must be searched out, and missions where infiltration and using the suit's technology to take down enemies from within are the main objectives. The final level, Brink teased, is an enormous "living level" where you're fighting nearly everything around you.

* Outside of the movie tie-in, "Iron Man makes a great character for a game, because you can fly, hover, run, use multiple weapons, have deep shooting gameplay and deep melee play," said Brink. "Most games do any 2 of those things, and call that success," he continued, explaining how this one is unique.

* As for other characters outside of Iron Man and War Machine, Nick Fury appears in the game as a mission briefing character, and as someone you call in for support in some missions. He supports Tony Stark, of course, by flying the S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli-carrier in and using its heavy duty weaponry to blow things up real nice. There's even an entire mission fought on, around, and in the flying monstrosity. Black Widow, the Crimson Dynamos, and A.I.M. are all found in the game, as well. A.I.M. looks amazing, with a more realistic re-design to their costumes that lets you actually take them seriously as a threat.

* Expect battles against gigantic mechanical monsters throughout the game, as developers "wanted real threats for someone as powerful as Iron Man to be able to completely cut loose against." More than a few surprise guests are promised for comic fans, as well.

* Overall, the game is tied to the movies in using the likenesses of the actors and the general setting of the Marvel movie-verse, but SEGA seems to have crafted an experience worthy of this founding member of the Avengers and a few of his closest friends. With Marvel's commitment, as Brink mentioned, to let movie-games branch off, and even completely stray from the movies' storylines, a new era of movie tie-ins may be upon us when Iron Man 2 releases alongside the film of the same title this spring.

Last edited by RealIrOnMaN; 02-03-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #121
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Check back tomorrow for an all-new trailer of the game! Until then, enjoy this teaser!

Hell YEAH - IrOn)

Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #122
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Sounds better than the first one alright.
But why do they always put so little effort in the games tied to the movies? What more could a game need for its marketing than a successful blockbuster? They should have used just as much time and money as they use on other games make it great.

I dont know if Ironman and his world can make for a good game, but i'd love a sandbox Batman game, Grand Theft Auto style (only that you play with Bruce/Batman of course).

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #123
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

TIME HAS COME! - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1066313p1.html

Old 02-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #124
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

TRAILER #2 - http://spidermedia.ru/node/2335

Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #125
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

This game is looking a little bit better. I hope it doesn't suck, I NEED to play as War Machine.