The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Default the fight scenes

I've read the thread about improving the fight scenes.

Here are my thoughts:

Keysi is the adequate style for someone like batman, whose purpose is to beat his opponent as fast as possible. Like Ducard said inbegins : "this is not a dance".

Nolan really improve his style. In TDK, he managed to shot and cut the fights with style, and still, we can see every single move. That was great! I'm a hardcore hk action fan, and i don't want to see this kind of fight in a batman movie. But, if you've seen "flashpoint", Donnie Yen use MMA, which is very close to keysi. His style is realistic, brutal and powerful.

He's one of the best, if not the best, choreographer of hong kong, if not the world. I really think he could do smething great. He's the kind of man we need for another batman movie.

But in the same kind of fight we saw in TDK. Batman style was great, the only real flaw is the stuntmen seem to wait to be punched, and also, they fall before being punched. But i don't think we should see more acrobatic fights, lot of kicks. Let Batman doing his best to beat pulp as fast as possible, but make his opponents more aggressive! Apart from this complaint, I still think the fights were weel shot, well cut, and batman style was excellent, and totally appropriate for the character.

Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Polux
Side-Kick

Default Re: the fight scenes

QFT !!!

Polux

Polux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
blackkeno
Side-Kick

I actually liked the fight scenes better in BMB. In particular, I liked his first real fight as Batman in the warehouse. The director cut it more like a horror movie. It realistically demonstrated why hardened criminals might be afraid of "a guy dressed up as a bat."

blackkeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I really liked this scene, but as soon as he begins fighting for real, you can't see anything anymore. So in terms of real fighting , i prefer tdk. but i understand your point.

Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkeno View Post
I actually liked the fight scenes better in BMB. In particular, I liked his first real fight as Batman in the warehouse. The director cut it more like a horror movie. It realistically demonstrated why hardened criminals might be afraid of "a guy dressed up as a bat."
It is, in fact, the only bat-fight in BB that actually worked the way it was filmed. The rest was a filmic nightmare.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
MacLeod
Side-Kick

Here's an idea, how about we worry less about what looks realistic and concentrate more on what looks good on camera. Batman on film will win in the end no matter if he's using the newest style of martial arts or if he uses the 1940's serials fighting style. Isn't it about time we get something that looks good first and is realistic second? It's a movie, not real life, if I want a real fight I'll go to a bar, pick one myself, watch a boxing match or a UFC match, or search youtube for fights, for a Batman movie I want to be amazed on what it looks like not how "real" it is. Maybe it's the directors fault, maybe the stuntmen, maybe the choreographer, etc., but either way I hated every fight in BB and TDK and hope for the next movie we move away from realism just a bit and focus more on what will look good and be filmed good. Maybe it's just the way it was filmed but something new should be done.

MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
Grifter21
Side-Kick

Batman was hit a lot in BB and TDK

Grifter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I'd prefer a Bourne Identity type choreography where every hit is a tactical chain of blows. Fast, jarring, precise, and effective.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
lgi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I'd prefer a Bourne Identity type choreography where every hit is a tactical chain of blows. Fast, jarring, precise, and effective.
Yes, that is what I would like to see as well. I'm very interested to see what sort of fighting style Bane will have. Growing up in prison, coming up with his own fighting style, I'm sure his style is nothing flashy, but very effective. I'm thinking like a Krav Maga variation.

I would like to see a fight between Batman and Bane similar to that great fight scene from Bourne 3, where you see how advance both of their techniques are, but with Bane coming out on top.

lgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
Tatsumarushinob
Side-Kick

Given that Bane is in the TDKR, I suspect the number of fistfights will go up. So must the quality, Bane is a steroid/venom enhanced human, so Batman will have to bring his other A game.

Tatsumarushinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #11
BatFan88
Banned User

The fight scenes will be heavy.When Batman fighted The Joker at the end of the movie,it was not easy for Batman to defeat The Joker.So wow how hard will it be against Bane??? will Batman Survive it?.

BatFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #12
Chiroptera
See's you in your sleep..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan88 View Post
The fight scenes will be heavy.When Batman fighted The Joker at the end of the movie,it was not easy for Batman to defeat The Joker.So wow how hard will it be against Bane??? will Batman Survive it?.
Fought, when batman fought the joker.

Chiroptera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
Gotham Knight
Watchful Protector

With Bane as the villain in this film, there will be a lot of hand to hand combat like in the first two films. But I'm sure Nolan will do something to spice it up.

Gotham Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #14
Freedom77
Side-Kick

I thought the fight scenes in The Dark Knight were extremely poor, both in execution and cinematography.

Freedom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
Tatsumarushinob
Side-Kick

They should get this guy to do the fight scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Jd...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KSCb...eature=related

Tatsumarushinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

The fight scenes for the Nolan Batman films have all pretty much been terrible. But with Inception, he seems to have learned to shoot those types of scenes, so hopefully that will carry over into The Dark Knight Rises.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

I like the fight scenes in the Nolan Batman films a lot better than most movie fight scenes. Sure, many of them in BATMAN BEGINS were needlessly confusing due to the rapid camera movement, but the fighting style is a lot better than what a lot of movies show. I am not impressed by flashy moves, because they remove the threat to our hero from the fight because the villains are idiots. I am a lot more impressed when the hero doesn't **** around with the villains and just kicks their asses. I take scenes like the fight scenes from BATMAN BEGINS & THE DARK KNIGHT over those found in WATCHMEN any day. Punch to the face > Slow-motion jumping kick to the face.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 AM   #18
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham Knight View Post
With Bane as the villain in this film, there will be a lot of hand to hand combat like in the first two films. But I'm sure Nolan will do something to spice it up.

Like not be able to see it?

Mace Bloodstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #19
The Morningstar
Banned User

First things first; Higher better stunt actors who don't oversell being hit worse than WWE wrestlers. Also, don't have guys standing around waiting for Batman to punch them.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #20
EliteF50
Side-Kick

I don't understand how you guys actually like the fight scenes in TDK... they were terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackkeno View Post
Completely agreed.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #21
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
I don't understand how you guys actually like the fight scenes in TDK... they were terrible.
There's definitely room for improvement, but compared to Begins' spazzing camera fights, they were poetry in motion.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #22
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
There's definitely room for improvement, but compared to Begins' spazzing camera fights, they were poetry in motion.
Complete opposite for me.

I loved BB's fight cinematography because it made us feel like the goons... confused.

And what I loved even more is how it got less and less shaky and confusing as the movie went on. By the time we got to the Batman vs Ra's fight at the end, the camera was perfect.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #23
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I don't want to feel confused when I watch a fight. I want to be able see what is going on in a fight, like in all movies, and be able to appreciate it for what it is, otherwise I might as well be staring at a blank screen if I cannot make out what's going on. The camera was still spazzing in the fight with Ra's on the train.

I think Nolan dropped that spazzing camera technique entirely because of all the complaints it got. I hope it's not used in TDKR either.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Well, if he really does listen to the complaints, I hope he fixes the fights from TDK. I want to see something more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Afk_onUh_s

Minus the slow-motion because I know he doesn't like to use that in his fights.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #25
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
First things first; Higher better stunt actors who don't oversell being hit worse than WWE wrestlers. Also, don't have guys standing around waiting for Batman to punch them.
While I didn't notice it, if there any changes to the fight scenes, then that's the only one I would really like. Please keep the Keysi Fighting Method!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I don't want to feel confused when I watch a fight. I want to be able see what is going on in a fight, like in all movies, and be able to appreciate it for what it is, otherwise I might as well be staring at a blank screen if I cannot make out what's going on. The camera was still spazzing in the fight with Ra's on the train.

I think Nolan dropped that spazzing camera technique entirely because of all the complaints it got. I hope it's not used in TDKR either.
I agree. It works for scenes in which Batman is scaring the crap out of the criminals, but it can weaken the big fight scenes. Steadying the camera is something that I think really improved the fight scenes in The Dark Knight, and I think Batman Begins's crazy cam would have limited the exhilaration of scenes like Batman getting Lau or the Penthouse scene or the final confrontation with the Joker at the Prewitt building in TDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
Well, if he really does listen to the complaints, I hope he fixes the fights from TDK. I want to see something more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Afk_onUh_s

Minus the slow-motion because I know he doesn't like to use that in his fights.
Keep in mind that the style in question may not look as good without the slow-motion.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote