Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 10-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default The Trailer for Act of Valor Debuts

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83131
Quote:
Relativity Media has debuted the trailer for Act of Valor, directed by "Mouse" McCoy and Scott Waugh and featuring active duty Navy SEALs, Roselyn Sanchez, Alex Veadov, Jason Cottle and Nester Serrano.

Opening in theaters on February 17, Act of Valor is powerful story of contemporary global anti-terrorism. Inspired by true events, the film combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the minute battlefield technology and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure.

When the rescue of a kidnapped CIA operative leads to the discovery of a deadly terrorist plot against the U.S., a team of SEALs is dispatched on a worldwide manhunt. As the valiant men of Bandito Platoon race to stop a coordinated attack that could kill and wound thousands of American civilians, they must balance their commitment to country, team and their families back home.
Go to the link to check out the trailer, the action sequences look incredible.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Default Re: The Trailer for Act of Valor Debuts

This looks real good.I'll see this movie when it comes out.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Saw a test screening, when they say these guys aren't actors it's kind of like a warning advisory. Not even 'action movie' level actors. I saw it for free and didn't like it then. I can give them props on being true-to-life accurate from what I believe. But everything else made this one seriously bad film. The editor of the trailer deserves an academy award. Seals deserve praise for contributions in the field though.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-13-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
L.A.
Side-Kick

Just saw this movie and it was surprisingly good. The action sequences was really raw and intense. I know the guys were navy seals and not actors but I thought they held there own. Wish they could have shown more background for the villain. overall it was quality film and I hope it starts a new genre. I would love to see other special operation personnel like the delta force, green berets, and army rangers

L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
Lord
All Mighty

A friend recomended this film to me, is it worth checking out? Are the Navy seals passable actors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yes they're passable. It's not award winning acting but it shouldn't distract you or mess up the movie for ya. I caught it on Netflix not long ago and really liked it

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
Asr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
A friend recomended this film to me, is it worth checking out? Are the Navy seals passable actors?
If you're watching this movie for the "acting" of the people in it, this is not a movie for you. It plays more like a hyper-real pseudo-documentary, not too far off from something like Black Hawk Down or the final raid in Zero Dark Thirty in the realism aspect (well ok, the raid in ZDT probably felt the closest to being realistic). And nothing is really "dramatized" for the sake of a movie including the characters. It's like you'd expect real military people to act like - intelligent, direct, efficient, etc.

I really loved the action in this movie, not just for the realism but it also really shows off just how well-trained and efficient the SEALs are.

Asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Basically it's a live action Call of Duty, only not as hammy.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote