Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #51
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Oblivion

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78719
Quote:
The studio has also set a July 19, 2013 release date for Joseph Kosinski's sci-fi pic Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise. The film is set in a future where the Earth's surface has been irradiated beyond recognition and the remnants of humanity live above the clouds, safe from the brutal alien Scavengers that stalk the ruins. When surface drone repairman Jak discovers a mysterious woman in a crash-landed pod, it sets off an unstoppable chain of events that will force him to question everything he knows.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #52
Octoberist
point blank

has anyone actually read the book?

Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #53
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
has anyone actually read the book?
As far as I know, the comic book hasn't been released yet.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #54
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/08/fiv...-it-that-.html

Quote:
FIVE A-LIST FEMMES TESTING FOR CRUISE'S 'OBLIVION' -- BUT DON'T CALL IT THAT

A virtual who's-who of actresses is testing this weekend for the Tom Cruise upcoming sci-fi epic, Variety's Jeff Sneider exclusively reports. But don't call it "Oblivion" -- Universal has scrapped that moniker for now, and is going with the working title "Horizons." As for those actresses vying to star opposite Cruise, it's Jessica Chastain, Olivia Wilde, Brit Marling, Noomi Rapace and Olga Kurylenko who will come in for auditions on Saturday. Cruise is set to star as Jack, a man who lives in the clouds above Earth and heads to its surface to repair drones that essentially keep the planet safe from an alien race that has all but wiped out humanity. "Horizons," directed by "Tron: Legacy" helmer Joe Kosinski, is set it for a July 19, 2013, release.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #55
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

They should get Daft Punk to do the music..they ripped on Tron

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #56
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I wouldn't exactly call that list a who's who of actresses, my guess is Olivia Wilde will get the role.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #57
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Can see Wilde getting the role after them working together in Tron Legacy, although I prefer Olga when it comes to looks and acting.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #58
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Jessica Chastain Cast In 'Horizons'

Quote:
After a long search, Joseph Kosinski has settled on Jessica Chastain for one of the two female leads in Universal's untitiled sci-fier starring Tom Cruise.

Previously titled "Oblivion" and/or "Horizons," pic revolves around a soldier stationed on a future Earth, the surface of which was destroyed by aliens. When he discovers a mysterious woman in a crash-landed pod, it sets off a chain of events that cause him to question everything he knows.

Variety first reported in August that Chastain was one of several actresses who tested with Cruise; the list also included Olivia Wilde, Brit Marling and Noomi Rapace. There are two major female roles in the film -- the mysterious woman and Cruise's wife -- and it wasn't immediately known for which role Chastain was negotiating.

Insiders tell Variety that one of the actresses who tested could land the other lead.
Source

Glad that Chastain is on-board, as she was the one I had hoped to land a role in the project.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #59
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

I think Chastain will be the mysterious woman. She has quite an ethereal look about her. Now lets see if they actually cast someone within Cruise's age range to play his wife.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #60
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I have no idea who she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
I think Chastain will be the mysterious woman. She has quite an ethereal look about her. Now lets see if they actually cast someone within Cruise's age range to play his wife.
Things have changed I think, the woman in the pod is his fiance. The other woman is his sidekick/lover.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118041825

Quote:
There are two key female characters -- Victoria, Jack's right-hand woman and lover who serves as his eyes and ears while he's on repair missions, and Julia, his fiancee on Earth before the alien invasion.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #61
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Awkward!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #62
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Threesome!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #63
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
seeing how his real life wife is almost 20 years younger than him does it really matter

Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #64
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/hayl...-for-oblivion/

Quote:
Hayley Atwell, Diane Druger, Kate Beckinsale Reading With Tom Cruise For ‘Oblivion’

EXCLUSIVE: The hot role for young actresses is in Universal’s Joseph Kosinski-directed Tom Cruise science fiction film Oblivion. Jessica Chastain already signed on for one of the two plum roles and I’m told the studio will read three actresses for the other female lead this weekend in Pittsburgh. That is where Cruise is shooting One Shot, playing Jack Reacher in the Christopher McQuarrie directed adaptation of the Lee Child novel series.

Captain America‘s Hayley Atwell, Inglourious Basterds’ Diane Kruger, and Kate Beckinsale have made it to the lightning round to play a mysterious young woman who crash lands on earth, much to the shock of Cruise’s character, a soldier who is one of the last men on the planet in a post apocalyptic future where most of the population lives in clouds above an earth surface that has been rendered uninhabitable. Cruise’s character is alone as he repairs the drones that patrol and destroy a savage alien life form, until he encounters a beautiful woman who crashes in a craft, and their experience together forces him to question his world view.

Universal committed to finance and distribute the $100 million film last April, after Disney let it go because it didn’t fit the family film mold. The script by William Monahan script got a rewrite from Karl Gajdusek. Kosinski hatched the idea for the project and set it to be published by Barry Levine’s Radical Media graphic novel imprint as a calling card for a movie when Kosinski was busy for so long directing Tron: Legacy. Chernin Entertainment’s Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing along with Levine.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #65
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I hope they cast Kate Beckinsale!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #66
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #67
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I am really stoked for this, Joseph Kosinski has a great eye in visuals and architecture.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #68
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I honestly would be happy with any of these acctresses getting the role, they are all good, but after CAFA, I am ready to see a lot more of Atwell.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #69
Octoberist
point blank

Has anyone read the book?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #70
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Can anyone find it is a better question lol.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #71
Octoberist
point blank

I have a feeling that the book like the Cowboys & Aliens comic, were all just designed as a pitching device for the eventual film adaptations.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #72
Crockett
With Teeth

Atwell would be great for the second role, she's an actress I don't mind seeing more of.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #73
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86167

Quote:
Kurylenko and Riseborough Join Kosinski's Next

Source: Universal Pictures
January 19, 2012

Tom Cruise long since set to headline, Joseph Kosinksi's next project has now cast both of its female leads. Olga Kurylenko and Andrea Riseborough have been cast in the roles of Vika and Julia, respectively. One of them replaces the previously attached Jessica Chastain, though it was never determined which character she'd be playing.

Based on Kosinski's own Radical Publishing comic book series, the film takes place in a future where humanity has fallen to an irradiated Earth. Cruise plays Jak, a maintenance drone working on the planet's surface alongside another worker, Vika. When a woman, Julia, is discovered in a crashed ship, Jak's whole world is thrown into question and he finds himself strangely drawn towards Julia.

Kurylenko has starred in films like Quantum of Solace and Hitman. She'll soon appear in Terrence Malick's still-untitled next project (opposite Chastain) as well as in Martin McDonagh's Seven Psychopaths. Riseborough, meanwhile, is best known for Happy-Go-Lucky, Never Let Me Go and, most recently, Madonna's W.E..

Old 01-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #74
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Why am I just now realizing Tom Cruise is in this? lol
Can't wait to see this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #75
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

It sounds good, but Tom Cruise is in it. yuck. I'll see what the trailer looks like.

Closed Thread