3 15 8.38%
2 3 1.68%
1 - Marlon Wayans 15 8.38%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2009, 01:52 AM   #51
Nirvana
Slowly Losing My Mind

Default Re: G.I. Joe ROC: User reviews!

I actually really enjoyed this movie. Definitely one of the movies I had the most fun watching this summer. General Hawk's "And knowing is half the battle" was probably my favorite line of dialog in the whole movie. A mix of James Bond, X-Men and Star Wars, this movie was pretty enjoyable. I'll divulge more into it tomorrow.

8/10

And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #52
The Guardian
Forever In Darkness

Re: G.I. Joe ROC: User reviews!

Hi guys, I just got back from the midnight show of the film and I liked it, It was allot of fun!!! Yeah there's a bit of cheese, ok there's allot of cheese but you can't pull off a movie like this without at least a little motzarella!!! I loved the fights and flashbacks with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, Ray Park as Snake is pure gold and the white ninja's no slouch either!!! The rest of the cast do a good job with what they have and the pacing of the movie is very good!!! The action is non stop so it doesn't really drag anywhere which is a + and the scenes are fun to watch as is the movie!!! Over all I had fun and liked the movie more than I thought I would, It was a fun ride 9/10!!!

The Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #53
tallsy_1
Side-Kick

Meh. That pretty much sums it up IMO.

Sure it was better than the dreck of Transformers 2, but that's not saying much. Acting and writing were solidly mediocre. The Duke/Baroness romance was actually booed by the audience in my theater. Some of the CGI looked pretty bad. Not CGI, but the Cobra Commander's mask got laughs, which I'm sure was unintentional.

Couple of cool action sequences. And for the most part I could understand where the characters were supposed to be in relation to each other, which is a huge improvement from a lot of recent action films.

tallsy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #54
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_OCK_4MUGEN View Post
-No Shipwreck... I would've preffered that they'd given us a beardedJohn Leguizamo as Shipwreck instead of Marlon Wayans as Ripcord.
Jason Lee should be Shipwreck.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 AM   #55
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

this was catwoman bad... not sure anyone has the right to hate catwoman if they liked this.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:21 AM   #56
CelticPredator
Banned User

And you liked Wolverine. So you cannot even breath.

Yes that was a snarky joke.

It was decent imo. Fun, fast, alrighty. Not the "HOLY NOES MY CHILD WUZ RUINED" film everyone was pissing about.

CelticPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #57
AnimatedFury
Side-Kick

I think the fears were justified and the movie amounts to not much more than a headache. Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow are the high point, as expected. The only time this movie really got going was during the SW style finale, but even there it felt flatter than the prequels. I did not dig it at all.

Wait, JGL as CC was also great, I WISH this casting had taken place in a cooler G.I. Joe movie with a better script.

AnimatedFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #58
LostSon88
Side-Kick

You mean as you were for a lil' while there Celtic?

Outta 10 what would you give it?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #59
CelticPredator
Banned User

Oh no, I was pissing about how crappy the action scenes looked. But thankfully they were just edited to hell. Which made them look fast and crazy.

Out of 10? 7 I guess. I'll mully over the film for a while, and check it out once more.

I do wish it moved slower....we didnt have much character time. We didnt get to learn a whole lot about the team.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:42 AM   #60
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

The good:

-

The bad:

- Channing Tatum will be punished in the afterlife for what he has done here.
- All the unnecessary plot points like the mind-controlled Baroness + Duke love was boring and useless.
- Little Man failed as the comic relief, the one liners were of the tired, bland action-movie variety and not the quirky irreverent type delivered by talented comedic actors as seen in the first Transformers movie, or even the second. It was lame and forced and pathetic.
- Everyone coming out of the movie had stains all over their clothes.
- The action sequences were boring. And they just went on and on. And another car flips over the Hummer. And then ten more.
- The only nostalgia this sad affair drummed up was my nostalgia for 1990's computer generated imagery. This was the worst special effects effort I've seen in years. And by years I mean over ten of them. When that CGI jet travels above that CGI sand, the Hummer's defense shield seemed to practically be made out of Wolverine's bad graphics claws. Wow.
- Later at Denny's there was a whole group of girls but I couldn't go talk to them or my milkshake would melt.
- The score was out-of-control retarded. I remember one part when they first got to the secret compound when it started playing light-hearted bubbly crap just cause the composer is an idiot.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #61
CelticPredator
Banned User

Whoever said that is an idiot.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #62
Advocate05
Side-Kick

Remember Ask a Ninja's review of Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead man's chest? Yeah?

It's a terrible movie.

I didn't mind Duke, at first. Yet as I think back now and dwell on it. Tatum as Duke was terrible. I think its because he had no emotional range as Duke and he was very dull. Duke played by the rules, a boy scout. He wasn't a "I don't care what the General said, I'm gonna go against it and do it". I didn't expect GI Joe the TV show or GI Joe the comic on the movie screen, but jesus. At least get the characters right.

The other problem is this. So, let me try and explain myself. All I hear from anyone is Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was a bad movie. Why? GhettoBots, devastators privates, and from some inconsistencies with plot (aka TF's in one scene fighting and in the next scene they are there fighting a different set. meaning one TF in two places.) Okay fine. GI Joe did it too. General Hawk ....
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
One scene in a wheelchair. You know sitting out on the hanger telling the remaining Joe's that they had to head home, but never how and when. Next scene: Joe's in the arctic. Now Hawk is standing. Walking back and forth. Mind you up to this point the film has been keeping track of time. All of a sudden. BLAM NO MORE!

How can a plane go from the North Pole, to Moscow, to Washington DC. In 5 minutes. Also, three missiles, one being shot down after launch, anyway Two missile both leave at the same time. One goes to Moscow and the other to DC. Wayans, shoots Moscow's missile down near low atmosphere. Now he heads to DC. Shouldn't the damn DC one be in low atmosphere too? Nope. Not in this movie.

To the people saying Wayans was okay. No he wasn't. He was less annoying yes, but he was still annoying. And I say he was as bad as the Ghetto Bots from TF2.

In the Night Raven: Fire, Shoot, Busta Cap?

All throughout the movie he had something funny to say. Why? And he's Ripcord. Yet never flown? Why have that codename? I mean hell the writers been explaining everything so far, let's explain that part. Nope.

Heavy Duty used guns ONCE. The rest of the time he was "Driving Miss Breaker" around Paris, or "Being Captain Nemo" in a SHARK.

I love the "6 NEO Vipers, SS, and The Baron-Ness" broke into the Pit and fought like 20 Joe's and I mean the green helmet, cannon fodder joes. Yet when Hawk was giving Duke and Rip-off a tour there were THOUSANDS of Joe's. Highly trained my a$$.

This movie sucked. If anyone said this is better than TF2. They are flat out wrong. While TF2 had a lot of bad ****. GI Joe is not exempt from it. The people who loved it and say its a great popcorn flick, yet hate TF2 are hypocrites. FLAT.OUT.

It's a real bad movie.

Advocate05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:54 AM   #63
Advocate05
Side-Kick

How come a pistol cannot blow out rubber tires?

or Why was it so hard to take out the Neo Vipers in the beginning of the movie with guns, yet near the end they die so easy.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 AM   #64
CelticPredator
Banned User

Because he didnt aim for the tires.

Anyhoo, I totally did not catch that with Hawk. LOL.

Yeah, the movie was dumb as ****. But I did have fun. It wasnt the hunk of **** that people were expecting...but it wasnt the best movie of the summer as some were expecting. Transformers 2 was better. And yes, I love that movie.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #65
Advocate05
Side-Kick

BTW I was not a HUGE GI Joe fan. I liked some of the comics and I watch the cartoon, but I was not a die hard. I was a diehard for Transformers. So, my criticism comes more from the audience that this film is trying to attract.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:02 AM   #66
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
And you liked Wolverine. So you cannot even breath.

Yes that was a snarky joke.

It was decent imo. Fun, fast, alrighty. Not the "HOLY NOES MY CHILD WUZ RUINED" film everyone was pissing about.
wow dont even compare wolverine to this crap... wolverine in comparison is oscar worthy...

this movie had worse lines than anything in catwoman.. even the "purrrrfect" lol

ive never been that embarassed to be in a theater before... not since spy kids 3d.

just because the actors look like their having fun.. doesnt make the movie fun

Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #67
CelticPredator
Banned User

Wolverine sucks big fat balls. GI JOE had nothing to compare to. Wolverine had 2 great films to compare too. Wolverine sucked worse to me, because I actually dig the first 2 X films....which Wolverine pissed all over them.

IMO ROC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Feel the sting of my differing opinion.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #68
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
- The score was out-of-control retarded. I remember one part when they first got to the secret compound when it started playing light-hearted bubbly crap just cause the composer is an idiot.
dont even get me started on the song they chose to play during the credits...
dear god kill me now

Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 AM   #69
CelticPredator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate05 View Post
BTW I was not a HUGE GI Joe fan. I liked some of the comics and I watch the cartoon, but I was not a die hard. I was a diehard for Transformers. So, my criticism comes more from the audience that this film is trying to attract.
No, you're review was fine. And honest. I mean fun aside, the movie aint that great. I'd be lying if I said it was perfect....scratch that, i'd be an IDIOT, if I said it was perfect.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #70
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Wolverine sucks big fat balls. GI JOE had nothing to compare to. Wolverine had 2 great films to compare too. Wolverine sucked worse to me, because I actually dig the first 2 X films....which Wolverine pissed all over them.

IMO ROC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Feel the sting of my differing opinion.
well im gonna need plenty more to smoke to get me high enough to ever see that crap and enjoy it.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #71
CelticPredator
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2 View Post
dont even get me started on the song they chose to play during the credits...
dear god kill me now
That did piss me off. Silvestri had a great end credits theme...why the hell didnt they use it????

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2 View Post
well im gonna need plenty more to smoke to get me high enough to ever see that crap and enjoy it.
I was actually high whilst watching it.

Last edited by Morg; 08-07-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:14 AM   #72
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
That did piss me off. Silvestri had a great end credits theme...why the hell didnt they use it????
i didnt know alan sylvestri scored this movie until now...

and i still cant believe it.

why bother hiring such a great composer when all their gonna do is blot out the music with sound effects.. and use boom-boom pow in the credits lol

and also everyone was complaining about marlon wayans... but he was actually overshadowed by all the other cheesy
things in the movie.( a robot school of fish... really???)

Old 08-07-2009, 04:15 AM   #73
CelticPredator
Banned User

I'm glad I listened to the score before the movie. Its great IMO. Not his best obviously, but I love the Sommers/Silvestri team ups. They create such fun scores.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #74
tallsy_1
Side-Kick

The robot fish also got laughter in my theater.

My favorite part though is when they trying to figure out who found GI Joe HQs, and Marlon Wayans says the Scottish guy used the code as a homing device, and everyone says "Of course." Really??? THAT is the obvious conclusion one would reach in that situation? I sure as heck know my first thought would be that someone is attempting to steal technology that they created.

tallsy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #75
Advocate05
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, you're review was fine. And honest. I mean fun aside, the movie aint that great. I'd be lying if I said it was perfect....scratch that, i'd be an IDIOT, if I said it was perfect.
Thanks. I'll post a more proper review on my movie blog. Anyway, its bad. I didn't even notice the score, due to the explosions; bad jokes by Mar-Cord, Channing's deadpan Duke, and Sienna Miller's and Rachael Nicols boobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsy_1 View Post
and everyone says "Of course."
Didn't you know that was a Homage to the old GI Joe PSA'S?

All they needed was for some random kids to run by and scream ... Now We know!

Last edited by Morg; 08-07-2009 at 06:10 PM.