The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #26
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

It would be cool if they could get 3d movies to have more of the Terminator 2:3d effect. Like, in that show/ride, there are several items that really separate from the screen and feel like they are right in front of you. Whereas, the 3d in movies hasn't really had that effect. It's still cool and looks realistic because the depth of the image is greatly enhanced, but it would be cool to have that separation of a specific object every now and then.

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #27
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Does anyone remember a website that hosted like trailers that you could put on your PS3? I can't remember the web address for it. They had all the high def trailers in the PS3 format (MP4, I believe) and you could download them and then put them on your PS3...hopefully someone remembers. lol.

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #28
imdaly
- Part 12
 
imdaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 13,728
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Party View Post
It's a cool gimmick but I wouldn't make the 3D version your first viewing of the movie. Assuming you haven't seen it. A lot of the color palette is washed out and you lose a lot of the vibrant colors when watching it in 3D because of the glasses. It's cool to check out once you watched the regular version of the movie. But the 3D does show a surprising amount of depth though.
^^^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
Does anyone remember a website that hosted like trailers that you could put on your PS3? I can't remember the web address for it. They had all the high def trailers in the PS3 format (MP4, I believe) and you could download them and then put them on your PS3...hopefully someone remembers. lol.
http://www.gamecrapping.com/

__________________
--Days Until...(as of 5/5/12)--
The Amazing Spider-Man - 58 | Iron Man 3 - 362 | The Wolverine - 446
Thor 2 - 558 | Captain America 2 - 698 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 726
imdaly is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #29
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
Thanks man, I remember something about crap being in the address...but couldn't remember the rest. lol.

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #30
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,830
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
It would be cool if they could get 3d movies to have more of the Terminator 2:3d effect. Like, in that show/ride, there are several items that really separate from the screen and feel like they are right in front of you. Whereas, the 3d in movies hasn't really had that effect. It's still cool and looks realistic because the depth of the image is greatly enhanced, but it would be cool to have that separation of a specific object every now and then.
Isn't that what James Cameron is basically doing with Avatar?

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is online now  
Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #31
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Isn't that what James Cameron is basically doing with Avatar?
Not sure, from what I read about Avatar, and the people who saw footage at Comic-Con, it will most likely be like the 3d in theaters but with better extension on the sides of the screen. Not like the Terminator 3d show at Universal where it literally comes so close to you that you feel like you can touch the object. Terminator 2:3d is still the definitive 3d experience I've had. I don't get why Shrek 4d and the Spider-Man ride don't have that kind of 3d...although the Spider-Man ride is still my top fave, but the 3d isn't as good as in Terminator 2:3d.

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #32
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,687
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMatt View Post
I was thinking the High-Def thread (with less HD DVD!) just to rub it in to Ian. Oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post








I changed it to that because it makes my ego feel good

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #33
War Party
Ve vant ze money,Lebowski
 
War Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,969
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I changed it to that because it makes my ego feel good
Haha, awesome.

__________________
Check out The Artifice. A new entertainment site that I'm writing for that features films, TV, comics, anime, literature, etc... Please support me and the site!
War Party is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #34
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,830
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
Not sure, from what I read about Avatar, and the people who saw footage at Comic-Con, it will most likely be like the 3d in theaters but with better extension on the sides of the screen. Not like the Terminator 3d show at Universal where it literally comes so close to you that you feel like you can touch the object. Terminator 2:3d is still the definitive 3d experience I've had. I don't get why Shrek 4d and the Spider-Man ride don't have that kind of 3d...although the Spider-Man ride is still my top fave, but the 3d isn't as good as in Terminator 2:3d.
I have been to Universal and saw the Terminator show it was awesome. I rode the Spider-Man ride 2 times that was really a good time the end where you fall and Spider-Man catches you was awesome. I heard Avatar is supposed to be a film that uses 3D in a way which we have never seen but I guess time will tell.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is online now  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #35
BatMatt
Side-Kick
 
BatMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morrison Hotel
Posts: 9,616
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I changed it to that because it makes my ego feel good
Ha, imagine what it does to my ego

__________________
Always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember: Others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Nixon
BatMatt is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #36
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
I have been to Universal and saw the Terminator show it was awesome. I rode the Spider-Man ride 2 times that was really a good time the end where you fall and Spider-Man catches you was awesome. I heard Avatar is supposed to be a film that uses 3D in a way which we have never seen but I guess time will tell.
Yes, Universal is the awesomeness. I finally went again last week after like over 10 years of not going there. The Terminator show is still amazing after all these years and features some of the best 3d I've seen. Like I said before, I don't understand why the Shrek and Spider-Man ride couldn't have had as good 3d. I mean, it's still good stuff but not as good as the Terminator 3d. The Spider-Man ride is still tops, like you said, the part where you fall and Spidey catches you is awesomeness! Rode that twice in a row. lol. The only ride I didn't try this time was The Mummy, but I'll try it when I go back in a couple of months. The Simpson's ride was awesome though, so if you go again check it out man!

I guess we'll see with Avatar how the 3d will be. I was reading some reports about it, I think some of it was shown in 3d at Comic-Con and some of the people said the 3d is great but to lower your expectations a bit or something to that effect.

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #37
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I changed it to that because it makes my ego feel good
Funny title...


Downhere is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #38
imdaly
- Part 12
 
imdaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 13,728
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
Yes, Universal is the awesomeness. I finally went again last week after like over 10 years of not going there. The Terminator show is still amazing after all these years and features some of the best 3d I've seen. Like I said before, I don't understand why the Shrek and Spider-Man ride couldn't have had as good 3d. I mean, it's still good stuff but not as good as the Terminator 3d. The Spider-Man ride is still tops, like you said, the part where you fall and Spidey catches you is awesomeness! Rode that twice in a row. lol. The only ride I didn't try this time was The Mummy, but I'll try it when I go back in a couple of months. The Simpson's ride was awesome though, so if you go again check it out man!

I guess we'll see with Avatar how the 3d will be. I was reading some reports about it, I think some of it was shown in 3d at Comic-Con and some of the people said the 3d is great but to lower your expectations a bit or something to that effect.
During my week-long trip to L.A. in May I went to Universal Stuidos and rode all those rides.

Terminator 2: 3D, had VERY cool 3D effects that, just like you said, really made it feel like crap was shooting out into the audience so you could touch it. VERY cool.

The Simpsons Ride was also EXTREMELY cool.

And you should definitely check out The Mummy ride whenever you go back. While a short ride, it has some pretty kick-ass moments to it with a few unexpected surprises.

__________________
--Days Until...(as of 5/5/12)--
The Amazing Spider-Man - 58 | Iron Man 3 - 362 | The Wolverine - 446
Thor 2 - 558 | Captain America 2 - 698 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 726
imdaly is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 AM   #39
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post

And you should definitely check out The Mummy ride whenever you go back. While a short ride, it has some pretty kick-ass moments to it with a few unexpected surprises.
Yeah, I hear the one over here is more intense than the one in LA. I was going to go on it but I kind of chickened out. lol. Although, I pretty sure I can handle it, I don't know why I didn't try it out really. But, I'll definitely go on it next time. Since it doesn't go upside down or anything I should be cool with it. lol.

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #40
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,687
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
Funny title...

I think so

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #41
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,830
Default Re: The High-Def Thread, Now With 95% Less HD DVD

Rome Box Set Gets Dated and Detailed
HBO Home Entertainment in conjunction with Warner Home Video have announced the technical specs and special features for the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'Rome: The Complete Series', which is scheduled to hit store shelves on November 17th, day-and-date with the DVD re-release. The 10-disc box set will feature 1080p 2.70:1 VC-1 video accompanied by a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Special features for this release include:

* Audio Commentary
* Featurette
* Photo gallery

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is online now  
Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #42
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,585
Default Re: The High-Def Thread, Now With 95% Less HD DVD

Rome must be one of the greatest shows I've never seen.

bullets is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #43
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,662
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Not anytime this year at least. Universal is still playing catch-up with their HD-DVD to Blu-ray titles and they won't be anywhere close to finishing that until next year.

Here is the list of Universal HD-DVD's that have not been released/announced for Blu-ray...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Accepted
Alpha Dog
American Me
Animal House
Apollo 13
Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)
Atonement
Backdraft
Balls of Fury
Being John Malkovich
The Big Lebowski
Billy Madison
The Bone Collector
Born on the Fourth of July
Breach
The Breakfast Club
The Break-Up
Bulletproof
Carlito's Way
Carlito's Way: Rise to Power
Cat People (1982)
Dante's Peak
Darkman
Daylight
Dazed and Confused
Dead Silence
The Deer Hunter
Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Dragonheart
Dune (1984)
Elizabeth
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Erin Brockovich
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Evan Almighty
Evening
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
For Love of the Game
The Frighteners
The Game
The Getaway (1994)
In Good Company
The Good Shepherd
Half Baked
Happy Gilmore
The Hitcher (2007)
Hollywoodland
The Hurricane (2000)
The Interpreter
The Jerk
Liar Liar
Lost in Translation
Mallrats
Meet Joe Black
Meet The Fockers
Meet The Parents
Mercury Rising
Midnight Run
Mobsters
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Mystery Men
Notting Hill
The Nutty Professor (1996)
Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps
Out of Sight
Patch Adams
The Pianist
Pride & Prejudice (2005)
Ray
Red Dragon
The River
Scent of a Woman
Sea of Love
Seed of Chucky
The Skeleton Key
Slither
Smokey and the Bandit
Smokin' Aces
Sneakers
Spartacus
The Sting
Streets of Fire
Talk to Me
Timecop
Traffic
Tremors
Unleashed
Waist Deep
The War
The Watcher
Waterworld
The Wedding Date
What Dreams May Come
White Noise
White Noise 2
You, Me and Dupree
Ok thanks Red, looks like i'll have to wait a little while to get Jaws on BR.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #44
BatMatt
Side-Kick
 
BatMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morrison Hotel
Posts: 9,616
Default Re: The High-Def Thread, Now With 95% Less HD DVD

Just picked up Benjamin Button at Best Buy for $14.99 plus used my $5 off Rewards coupon, so one of the best deals I've ever gotten. Too bad Taken was bumped up to it's regular price again

__________________
Always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember: Others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Nixon
BatMatt is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #45
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,082
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
And you should definitely check out The Mummy ride whenever you go back. While a short ride, it has some pretty kick-ass moments to it with a few unexpected surprises.
Agreed! That was the highlight of my last trip to Universal Orlando. Haven't been on The Simpsons Ride yet - heading back once they open the Harry Potter stuff.

Speaking of 3D (and thanks for the info on Coraline, everyone) - Disney also has an awesome 3D show called "Mickey's Philharmagic" that incorporates a lot of the animated films in one story. The screen wraps around the sides of the theater, and the magic carpet scene from Aladdin feels like the whole theater is flying. It's really great.

I've only seen Up in 3D, and I've read several reviews saying that the colors were much better in the non-3D version. I'm looking forward to the blu-ray to see the difference, I believe it's coming out in late November/early December.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 08-07-2009, 03:42 AM   #46
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,830
Default Re: The High-Def Thread, Now With 95% Less HD DVD

Plus another good deal alert. You can get the Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Profile 2.0) on Amazon.com for $194.99 shipped.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.

Last edited by RedIsNotBlue; 08-07-2009 at 12:20 PM.
RedIsNotBlue is online now  
Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #47
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree
 
RedIsNotBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,830
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Ok thanks Red, looks like i'll have to wait a little while to get Jaws on BR.
Well who knows really I just am 99.9% sure that this year there will be no Jaws Blu-ray. But Universal is planning the Back To The Future Trilogy for an early 2010 Blu-ray release for its 25th Anniversary. And next year is the 35th Anniversary of Jaws soooooo...who knows maybe next year.

__________________
We wore insects together. Len-ooo-oh-gawn. Now test ego fries it. Da bad man musk come back. He muss...he muss.
RedIsNotBlue is online now  
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #48
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 23,082
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Well who knows really I just am 99.9% sure that this year there will be no Jaws Blu-ray. But Universal is planning the Back To The Future Trilogy for an early 2010 Blu-ray release for its 25th Anniversary. And next year is the 35th Anniversary of Jaws soooooo...who knows maybe next year.
Nice!

(although hearing BTTF and "25th Anniversary" in the same sentence is making me feel old)


Are there any plans for ET yet?

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now  
Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #49
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3
 
Downhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 20,716
Default Re: The High-Def Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

I've only seen Up in 3D, and I've read several reviews saying that the colors were much better in the non-3D version. I'm looking forward to the blu-ray to see the difference, I believe it's coming out in late November/early December.
The colors seemed perfectly fine in the 3d version of Up, at least to me they did. I really loved the 3d on that one. It wasn't over the top and it didn't try to throw things at you. It just had a nice three dimensional look which made it look nice and realistic. Same for Ice Age 3. Great 3d!

Downhere is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #50
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The High-Def Thread, Now With 95% Less HD DVD

Just came back from buying Big Trouble in Little China. This is one of my favorite films growing up. Glad to finally own it and in HD

Havok83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.