The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #51
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Default Re: Cast an RPG!

Ultimate DC

Harvey Dent: Guy Pearce.

It doesn't hurt that he looks a lot like Aaron Eckhart, but his performance in Memento shows me that he can pull off the duality and conflict of Harvey Dent. Plus, he just has that look where you could see him equally as hero and villain.

Selina Kyle: Taylor Cole.

Yes, the hot neighbor from Secret Girlfriend. I'm not going to try and come up with some elaborate excuse here. This pick was almost entirely superficial, but (*glances at picture*) do you blame me?

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #52
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Pearce is one of my ideas for Ult Riddler!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #53
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Just take Jeffrey Donovan, they look nearly the same anyway.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #54
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

**** looks! If looks mattered, I'd go with Christopher Eccleston.

I'm talking ability. Pearce does a good job as Ed Exley in L.A. Confidential.

And that's how I see Nygma...well, more like book Exley than movie Exley. The movie version is more heroic.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #55
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.

Here's some more picks:

Ultimate Hawkeye/Clint Barton: Josh Duhamel

I'm picking Josh for the Ultimate version of Hawkeye because seeing him in the Transformers movies (especially the much better first one) and NBC's Las Vegas, I KNOW he can play this part. Dye his hair blonde, and I have complete faith that he can be the badass soldier/family man that Clint Barton is on Earth 1610.

DC Booster Gold/Micheal John Carter: Seann William Scott

Seann is the perfect choice for my interpretation of Booster Gold, who's developed from a bumbling loser into a hero and one of the more prominent members of the new Justice League that managed to defeat the second Dark Alliance.

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #56
Saved
Remember Cliffjumper?

Great stuff. How bout a post?

Old 11-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #57
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.

edit double post

Last edited by Blacklight; 11-16-2009 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:06 AM   #58
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.

Here's some more (god this is addicting). This time, It's my CAH Character Blacklight and his supporting cast and villains:

The Blacklight Universe

Blacklight/Jon Small: Logan Lerman

Logan Lerman is perfect for the main role of Jon Small, also known as Blacklight. He's the right age, height, and he has an uncanny resemblence to the character as I drew him, which surprisingly I've been doing long before I even heard of him on the Bat-boards (he's apparently a top pick for a Nolan-verse Robin). These reasons as well as the fact that he can act very well for a kid his age are the reasons that he'd be perfect for the part of East City's Teenaged Guardian.

Nightking/Damian King: Alex Frost

I chose Frost to play Jon's archenemy Damian King, or Nightking as he goes by, because there's no doubt in my mind that he can act the part of high school bully (as evident from his part in Drillbit Taylor) whom after he has his life ruined (inadvertantly) by Blacklight, looks to exact revenge. Thus transforming him into Blacklight's most ruthless, deadly and unforgiving adversary to date.

Infrared/Ian Carmine: Thomas Dekker

One of the older characters, as well as Blacklight's first main nemesis, I picked Dekker because I think that even though he's always been in more heroic or compassionate roles (Sarah Connor Chronicles and Heroes respectively), I think he'd do well as a villain and can do the role justice.

Julius Vayne, CEO of AmmoCorporation: Eric Dane

The Lex Luthor archetype of Blacklight's enemies, Julius will stop at nothing to have Blacklight taken out... permanently. Even going so far as to create "supervillains" to destroy him. Dane has been in many movies and shows, some where he played a villain type role. Not to mention, he has a rather suave yet arrogant demeanor about him, a trait that's synonomous with Vayne's character.

Last edited by Blacklight; 12-05-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #59
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

UDC Characters

The Flash/Bart Allen:

Michael Cera
or Anton Yelchin

Two choices for my Bart. Can't decide between them. Ult. Flash is just barely past twenty, a former geeky high school student who's still trying to find his place in the world. These guys could pull of Bart Allen's awkwardness and uncertainty, while playing hero with Flash.

Physique is also an important thing. Neither one of them are ripped, which is important in the looks department. I hate seeing the pictures of Flash where he has big forearm muscles. While runners are tone, they're very rarely that top heavy.

The Question/Vic Sage:

Nolan North

Yeah, the voice of Deadpool and Nathan Drake as my fantasy Question. Ult. Q is a depart from his comic and animated self. He's a bit of a wise-cracking vigilante who gets his ass kicked more than he does ass kicking. With Q, looks don't matter too much because of the mask. And, anyone who has played the Uncharted series knows that nobody gets their ass kicked as well as Nathan Drake.

Lt. Edward Nygma:

Kevin Spacey

Nygma has slowly become one of my favorite RPG characters to write for. He's morally ambigious, a closet alcoholic, a voyeur, and playing so many angles it makes you go cross-eyed. I though of maybe Guy Pearce, Christopher Eccleston. But after MB said something about American Beauty, it became clear that Spacey has the look and the acting chops to play the human riddle Edward Nygma.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #60
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Star Wars: Episode VII RPG

Darth Acheron

Jason Isaacs

For my dark lord of the Sith, I would go for Jason Isaacs. The guy does a great brooding, yet dangerous, villain. I think he'd pull of the deception that Acheron displays perfectly.

Mission Ordo

Yvonne Strahovski

As the tough but sexy Twi'lek, I had to go with Yvonne. I think she'd be the perfect fit for the Mandalorian warrior. Of course she would have to go the way of Rebecca Romijn in X-Men and be painted up, but he, that's the character.

Huc Vondar

Shia LaBeouf

I had the hardest time thinking of someone to cast for Huc, but I'd have to go with Shia. I know the guy is incredibly hit-or-miss, but he'd be my first pick for the character. Huc is a wise-cracker, but someone who will be in a lot of action, something LaBeouf is used to.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #61
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
I wish I could think of an actor for Bane, but the best I can come up with is some theoretical hybrid of Javier Bardem and the Rock that only exists in my imagination.
Know what? Screw it. I think that the Rock is a good actor (some of the roles he's taken on, however... eh), so I'm just gonna go with it for Ultimate Bane.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #62
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
Know what? Screw it. I think that the Rock is a good actor (some of the roles he's taken on, however... eh), so I'm just gonna go with it for Ultimate Bane.

I agree. He can actually act. If only he'd stop making so many Disney kids movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #63
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post

I agree. He can actually act. If only he'd stop making so many Disney kids movies.
Completely agree.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #64
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

I know I already posted that Henry Cavill would be my Ultimate Superman, but here's the full cast of characters to appear so far in Superman's crazy adventures...

Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman
He looks the part of a young Superman towards the beginning of his career, and he seems to be a good actor. Just needs to work on the American accent, from what I've seen, which isn't an impossible task.

Jennifer Connelly as Lois Lane
Mmmm...

Lane Smith as Perry White
He was perfect in the role in the Lois & Clark series; gruff and demanding on his reporters, but also became almost like a second father to a lot of them.

Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen
I like what I've seen of him in Smallville, so what the hey.

Neal McDonough as Blackrock/Dr. Peter Silverstone
The guy's got that look of intelligence as well as physical power, plus I like his emotionally tortured voice when he plays Bruce Banner in the cartoons, which is similar to Blackrock's own psychological turmoil.

Jensen Ackles as Neutron/Nathanial Tryon
I characterized Tryon as being a regular blue collar guy before he became Neutron, and Ackles can definitely bring that to the table.

Steve Buscemi as Riot/Dr. Frederick Franklin
What can I say? Buschemi's got that crazy eyes thing going on, which is absolutely required for Riot. Plus he's kind of a small skinny dude, like Dr. Franklin.

Cobie Smulders as Maxima
A stunning woman who is also my choice for a potential live action Wonder Woman, so casting her here as another superpowered warrior woman was an easy choice. Just give her red/reddish hair, and you're all set.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #65
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Lane Smith will probably always be my Perry White. Always loved his Elvis fixation.

Steve Buscemi always seemed like a good choice for Parasite for me.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #66
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

I can't really picture Buscemi as either the big monster Parasite:

...or the way he looked before mutating into the huge monster, where he was a regular sized guy who happened to be purple (and green briefly) and bald, but was still a musclehead and bigger than Superman:

Perhaps if we're talking about how he's currently appearing in comics, where he's inexplicably skinny and doesn't have a face, then maybe Buscemi could do it, but I'd still have trouble believing him as being physically threatening or thuggish. *shrug*

Last edited by Spike_x1; 12-20-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #67
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I was thinking more along the lines of Buscemi as Rudy Jones and then some CGI as the actual Parasite.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #68
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

He'd still be the meathead thug seen in that second pic, with the same one-track mind and "beat the crap outta you to get what I want" attitude. Just not bald and purple. Even if he had the body for Rudy Jones, I think Buscemi is just too squirrelly to pull off the personality of a guy who's dumb as a rock and thinks only with his fists.

Unless you're talking about an Ultimate take on the Parasite, with a whole new approach to Rudy's personality, in which case I don't really have a basis to form an opinion.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #69
Green Lantern
Brightest Day

Alright, digging to my past a bit:

Roy Harper/Arsenal - WOH DC RPG

Ryan Reynolds

Kara Zor-El/Supergirl - WOH DC RPG

Kaley Cuoco

Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern - WOH DC RPG

Josh Radnor

Tony Zucco - Ultimate DC RPG (the original)

James Gandolfini

Though for the life of me, I can't pinpoint a single actor to nail Ultimate Barry. He just had too many bits and pieces meshed together to do a fitting choice.

Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #70
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
Alright, digging to my past a bit:

Roy Harper/Arsenal - WOH DC RPG

Ryan Reynolds

Kara Zor-El/Supergirl - WOH DC RPG

Kaley Cuoco

Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern - WOH DC RPG

Josh Radnor

Tony Zucco - Ultimate DC RPG (the original)

James Gandolfini

Though for the life of me, I can't pinpoint a single actor to nail Ultimate Barry. He just had too many bits and pieces meshed together to do a fitting choice.
GL!!! Are you coming back to the RPGs?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #71
sabetoonth
Who?

ok i think ill try my hand at this
Allstar sabretooth/Victor Creed: Liev Schreiber
he did the whole, family thing, seeming ya know, not evil in the begining of Wolverine Origins, my version of Sabretooth does have long blonde/dirty blonde hair, but still, schrieber i feel would put forth the best performance, cuz my sabretooth can go nutso cruel too

Allstar Hulk/Bruce Banner: i actually cant think of anyone right now for Banner

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #72
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I don't really have anyone in mind for Isaac Fontaine... but in terms of writing I don't think its too hard to spot some influences.

He'd need a non-US accent... and to be capable of coming across as slightly uncouth whilst coming from a well off background simultaneously.

Russell Crowe could pull off the grim dark, but I don't know that he'd work outside of the balaklava. Hugh Jackman's too "Nice Guy"... He's around the Sam Worthington age, but I'm not real sure who'd be capable of it and be well known enough to give a name here.

Tony Morris is pretty much Jon Favreau but with a general NZ-Aust pacific accent...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #73
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

All-Star Marvel

Tony Stark/Iron Man: Jeffrey Donovan

As anyone who's seen Burn Notice can attest, Donovan can be equal parts suave, smooth-talking, and badass - a must for Iron Man. The various cover IDs that he portrays in Burn Notice show that he has acting range, which he would need to make Tony feel real and human.

Virginia "Pepper" Potts: Olivia Wilde

Drop-dead gorgeous, Wilde also has no trouble coming across as intelligent or elegant. Her role as Thirteen in House shares many similarities with what Pepper would be: subordinate to an eccentric boss, yet fully competent on her own.

Harold "Happy" Hogan: John Krasinski

Jim? Jim?! Yes, Jim. Honestly, I was tempted to stick with Jon Favreau - because I think he's been excellent in the Iron Man movies - but I wanted to forge my own path. Krasinski is believable as the quintessential best friend, and while he's no Calvin Klein model, he has a goofy, almost leading man kind of quality of his own.

Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes: Donald Faison

Turk? Turk?! Yes, Turk. Forget ye not that Faison was also in Remember the Titans. He can do comedy and he can do drama, and Rhodey needs a little of both. As tempting as it was to make Morgan Freeman Rhodey (heh), I had to stick with my gut here.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #74
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Good choices. I could see Krasinski as Hogan. Faison as Rhodey maybe, but you can never go wrong with Turk.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #75
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Good choices. I could see Krasinski as Hogan. Faison as Rhodey maybe, but you can never go wrong with Turk.
The problem I encountered with Rhodey is that there aren't that many prominent African-American actors in the proper age range. Most of the preeminent black actors today are older.

*waits for someone to play the "race card"*