The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Old 05-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #76
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: Cast an RPG!

Yeah. I know two younger black actors that seem to be talented to me. Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell from The Wire aka Heimdall in Thor aka the dude in my avvy. And then there's Derek Luke aka Boobie Miles in Friday Night Lights aka Puff Daddy in Notorious.

My choice as Rhodey?

Old 05-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #77
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Yeah. I know two younger black actors that seem to be talented to me. Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell from The Wire aka Heimdall in Thor aka the dude in my avvy. And then there's Derek Luke aka Boobie Miles in Friday Night Lights aka Puff Daddy in Notorious.

My choice as Rhodey?

I couldn't cast Stanley. He'd overshadow everyone in the scenes. They couldn't possibly compete.

Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #78
sabetoonth
Who?

Timothy Olyphant as UDC Mr Freeze

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630

Last edited by sabetoonth; 06-14-2010 at 01:52 AM.
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #79
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

I haven't really thought of who I would cast in a live-action version of my stuff (mainly because I always tend to think of them as animated series rather than live-action), but I might as well give it a whirl.

ALL-STAR MARVEL:

Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Anton Yelchin

I wanted to avoid just casting a typical teen heart-throb as Parker, because god dammit, he's supposed to look like a dork, and Anton Yelchin looks like a dork. He's only 21, and still looks young enough to pull off a high-schooler. Plus he's a fairly decent actor, and it's slightly less of a gigantic cliche than just picking Michael Cera. In a perfect world he'd be voiced by Josh Keaton, but that would take forever to lip-synch.

Gwen Stacy: Portia Doubleday

She's pretty enough that you'd buy her as a genuine love interest, but could easily pass for 'Hollywood nerdy' with the proper application of glasses and frumpy clothes.

Harry Osborn: Jackson Rathbone

This one was pretty easy: pick whatever teeny-bopper movie is out, pick a teen heartthrob that can still pass for a high school student, and presto! You've got Harry Osborn.

Mary Jane Watson: Emma Stone

For MJ, it's not so much that she looks the part, as much as how she plays it. Emma Stone has a really great presence, like she knows damn well that she's hot and she owns it. It's the good looks and the confidence of character that make her perfect for All-Star Mary Jane.

J Jonah Jameson: J. K. Simmons

Why mess with perfection?

Norman Osborn/The Green Goblin: Aaron Eckhart

I know, this is kind of a cheat, what with him having already played the 'upstanding citizen becomes a super-villain' role, but when I tried to think of people who could play someone like Osborn the way Q plays him in All-Star, someone who you feel you could trust and at the same time be just a bit terrified of, I keep coming back to Eckhart.

Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus: Philip Seymour Hoffman

Eddie Brock mentioned casting him as the role in the RPG, and now that's pretty much all I can see. Would be especially fun once he flips and goes balls-out crazy.

Eddie Brock/Venom: Alex Frost

Saw this pic that BL was using for his comic-verse, and it just screamed Eddie Brock to me. Sure, the whole 'dumb jock bully' thing might be more up Flash's alley, but Flash in All-Star is a little more clownish, while Eddie is just a tool, and Frost can pull that off methinks.

Shifting over from Spider-Man to my other All-Star character:

Nick Fury: Clint Eastwood

Tell me you wouldn't give your left nut to see Eastwood running SHIELD.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #80
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Nice choices. I was going to do something similar with Ult. Flash and his supporting cast/villains. Although you took my Flash with Yelchin!....and my Barry with Eckhart!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #81
TrueMastermind
The Next Reggie Miller

All Star:

Wolverine:

Hugh Jackman. Obvious choice.

Sean Cassiy/Banshee:

Sean Patrick Flannery: Has the perfect appearence for all-star Banshee.

Domino:

Milla Jovovich

Daken Akihiro:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Just needs to cut the hair into a mohawk)

Silver Fox:

Maggie Q

Mark Scott/ The Ghost:

Simon Baker

OU:

Frank Castle:

Franciso Gonzalez

TrueMastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #82
sabetoonth
Who?

Sam Worthington as Allstar Sabretooth

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #83
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Dang, that actually looks pretty much spot-on. I never would've thought of Worthington in a million years.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #84
sabetoonth
Who?

actually, ComicFan4Life thought of it first, i liked it, but didnt want to seem like i was ripping him off, the manip i put up there was a pane in the ass to do, i means just the hair!!! lol

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #85
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Yeah, Sam Worthington actually makes for a pretty damn good likeness for a younger Creed.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #86
sabetoonth
Who?

even though my victor is 400 hundred years old lol
talk about the wonders of a healing factor lol

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #87
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Ult. Flash and friends

The Flash/Bart Allen: Anton Yelchin

I chose him for all the reasons Andy chose All-Star Spidey. On the plus side, the fact he and Spider-Man look alike could come into play later on down the road...

Barry Allen: Patrick Wilson

Aaron Eckhart was my original choice for Barry, but then Wilson popped into my mind. From what I've seen, he can play the kind and doting father, and then flip the switch and be the stone-faced police officer.

Iris Allen: Julie Benz

I'm a Dexter fan, and Benz's Rita is what I'd want for Iris.

Valerie Perez: Aubrey Plaza

Bart's lady is a fellow science major at Keystone University who's a bit quirky at times. Aubrey Plaza on Parks and Recreation is quirky to say the least.

Ralph Dibny: Jessie Eisenberg

Bart's best friend and fellow geek, Ralpy joins Bart in his love for comics and games, and crime-fighting. Has Eisenberg ever played in a movie where he's not a social outcast? Sure, he seems to be a Michael Cera clone, but he works best in small doses, a supporting character like Ralph.

Jason "Jay Garrick: Mark Harmon

Those that have seen NCIS know that Harmon's Gibbs is a man's man. Plus, he a decent cop. That's what Jay Garrick is, along with being a father figure to Barry and a grandfather figure to Bart.

Officer Denny Colt/The Spirit: Nathan Fillion

Commissioner Dolan's adopted son and one of Bart's few friends, Denny is like the Anti-Bart in a few ways; He was popular in high school, a jock, and a pretty handsome guy who's good with the ladies. Fillion has good comedic timing, which is important when he's trading zingers with Bart as Officer Colt, and as The Spirit.

The Rogues

Captain Cold/Lenny Snart: Jeffrey Dean Morgan

JDM as Cold might be a bit cliche, but he takes a blue collar approach to his acting and Cold is always a blue collar guy.

Heatwave/Michelle Rory: Jaime Murray

Another Dexter alum, she played Lila in season 2 of the show. A crazy, psycho-***** who liked to start fires. Need I say more?

Mirror Master/Evan McCullough: Paddy Considine

I haven't seen Considine in too much, but I've enjoyed him in every movie I've seen him in. He's be a good choice for the Scottish criminal turned rogue.

Weather Wizard/Mark Mardon: Will Arnett

Weather Wizard is a TV weatherman who has a fall from grace that leads to him becoming the rogue. From the way I have him talking in my head and acting, he's a very short-sighted egotistical character. Sounds like almost every character Arnett has played.

Trickster/Axel Walker: Jason Lee

Trickster is an angry computer nerd with a grudge on the world. Brodie Bruce seems like a natural choice.

The Top/Roscoe Dillon: Jon Hamm

In UDC, Top ditches the goofy outfit for a business suit. As the Octopus' right hand man in Central City, he uses his metahuman power of persuasion to get **** done. Who better to play a silver-tounged baddie than the Mad Man himself?

The Octopus:

The crime lord of Central City would never show his face, but I picture Powers Boothe as the voice behind the boss. Boothe just has one of those memorable voices.

and, two future villains...

Reverse Flash/Professor Ed Thawne:Davie Hyde Pierce

Yep, Niles is Thawne. Intelligent, arrogant, with a very dark side. Pierce is who I picture as the negative to Bart's positive.

Dr. Alchemy/Professor Roland Desmond: Bryan Cranston

In all the years I watched Malcolm In The Middle, Byran Cranston's goofy father character was one of the best part's of the show. When I first saw Breaking Bad, I was amazed at the transformation. I wasn't sure this was the same guy. And that's how I picture Desmond and his alternate personality Alchemy being. A nice and harmless guy as Desmon, and then turned into this strange and different man known as Alchemy.

Last edited by Byrd Man; 06-18-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 PM   #88
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

All-Star Marvel

Frank Castle/The Punisher: Thomas Jane

I'm going to wave my colors proudly here and come out as an unapologetic fan of The Punisher (2004). Was it the best Marvel movie? Not by a longshot, but - like the title character - I consider it a solid second-tier performance. What I liked most, however, was Thomas Jane's portrayal of Frank Castle. He's not a mindless killing machine. He's a man on a mission to avenge his murdered family. A man who just so happens to be comfortable with taking an industrial paper cutter blade to the back of someone's head.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #89
sabetoonth
Who?

actually it was the front of his head, he turned around and gasped before falling.

i too love Punisher 04

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #90
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
actually it was the front of his head, he turned around and gasped before falling.

i too love Punisher 04
I can't even sit through Punisher: War Zone. It's a glorified slasher film that's riddled with far too much camp. I don't find myself rooting for Stevenson's Punisher at all during the movie.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #91
sabetoonth
Who?

i found the exploding rooftop runner entertaining, my mom hates gore and when she saw him do that, she said it was cool lol same with the fist IN the face. but i enjoy the 04 more as a Punisher the other isnt a great film, just a gorefest with the Punisher name on it.

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #92
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
i found the exploding rooftop runner entertaining, my mom hates gore and when she saw him do that, she said it was cool lol same with the fist IN the face. but i enjoy the 04 more as a Punisher the other isnt a great film, just a gorefest with the Punisher name on it.
Yeah, that's really my biggest complaint. If it had just been marketed as a ruthless vigilante gorefest, it probably wouldn't bother me. It's not my cup of tea, but hey whatever. But since it's supposed to be the Punisher, I expected something different.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #93
sabetoonth
Who?

if i HAD to recast the Punisher, id go with James Purefoy, though this may be the wrong thread to bring that up lol

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 AM   #94
sabetoonth
Who?

Colonel David Charles Haller: Tommy Lee Jones

Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #95
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
All-Star Marvel

Frank Castle/The Punisher: Thomas Jane

I'm going to wave my colors proudly here and come out as an unapologetic fan of The Punisher (2004). Was it the best Marvel movie? Not by a longshot, but - like the title character - I consider it a solid second-tier performance. What I liked most, however, was Thomas Jane's portrayal of Frank Castle. He's not a mindless killing machine. He's a man on a mission to avenge his murdered family. A man who just so happens to be comfortable with taking an industrial paper cutter blade to the back of someone's head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #96
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Another thing I like about Thomas Jane is his voice. He's got that great, gritty action voice, and it's not forced like Bale's Batman voice. It just comes naturally.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #97
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
Another thing I like about Thomas Jane is his voice. He's got that great, gritty action voice, and it's not forced like Bale's Batman voice. It just comes naturally.
Ugh...I HATE the chain-smoker Bat voice.

Anyway, I know I cast my One Universe Spider-man a while back, but I want to change it up a bit, as well as my casting for the NPC Teen Titans and my Black Widow.

One Universe: The World of Spider-Man

Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Aaron Johnson

About half way through Kick-Ass, it dawned on my that Johnson was basically playing a foul-mouthed Peter Parker. He played the awkward high school outsider perfectly, and is the exact person that I would cast for the Spider-man reboot.

Gwen Stacy: Amanda Seyfried

Honestly, I think Gwen is the hardest person to cast, because I can't off the top of my head think of anyone that would be perfect. But, Seyfried is an attractive young lady who I think could pull it off.

Harry Osborn: Robert Pattinson

Yes, the Twilight kid. Those movies are pieces of garbage, but Pattinson isn't a terrible actor, and I would like him as the sometimes arrogant, sometimes smug, but almost always Peter's best friend.

Norman Osborn/The Green Goblin: Ralph Fiennes

He's a terrific bad guy, and I think he'd be an awesome, more cerebral Norma, along with a frightening Goblin.

J. Jonah Jameson: J.K. Simmons

Why mess with perfection?

Aunt May: Rosaemary Harris

Again, I think Harris was the perfect Aunt May.

The Teen Titans of the One Universe

Kara Kent/Supergirl: Laura Vandervoort

She's insanely hot, and did a hell of a job as Kara in Smallville.

Bobby Drake/Iceman: Donald Glover

Yes, yes, I know Bobby is white in the comics. I don't care. Glover is one of the best wise asses out there, and he would be great as the wise-cracking mutant. Hell, I'd even be fine with him getting the Spider-man role in the reboot.

Koriand'r/Starfire: Lyndsy Fonseca

Kick-Ass's Katie Deauxma would make a good Starfire. She's new to the team, and hasn't really been used, but I enjoyed her in Kick-Ass and she has the sex appeal for Koriand'r.

SHIELD

Natasha Romanov/The Black Widow: Emma Stone

Stone is one of the hottest women on the planet, and even though I really liked ScarJo's performance in Iron Man 2, I would love to see Stone as Nick Fury's double agent.

Colonel Nick Fury: Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Morgan was one hell of a gruff military man in Watchmen, and I think he'd be a great choice for Fury. All you would have to do is age him a bit with make-up, but that wouldn't be hard.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #98
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
About half way through Kick-Ass, it dawned on my that Johnson was basically playing a foul-mouthed Peter Parker.
It took you halfway through the movie to realize that? All you had to do was pay attention to the first few minutes.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #99
J'adore
Vous

MARVEL: HEROES VS VILLAINS

Black Widow - Yvonne Strahovski

Add red hair and less smiling, then you've got Natasha.

Silver Sable - Elisha Cuthbert

Sexy and has got an ice-y look about her. Definitely has an Eastern-European look about her.

Domino - Keira Knightley

The fact that she actually played an assassin named Domino is just amazing. As I saw the movie I thought it screamed Neena Thurman.

Maria Hill - Mini Anden

Pixie like features, but a hard stern face. Just like Maria Hill herself.

More -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine - Emily Blunt
Amy Chen - Maggie Q
Viper - Rose McGowan

DC: WORLD OF HEROES

Spoiler - Laura Vandervoort

She's got that typical blonde, sexy, cheerleader look about her. Also the slight look of innocence.

Catwoman - Scarlett Johansson

Scarlett's got the sexy, seductive look about her. Plus she looks like a true femme fatale. Oh and that picture spells out Selina Kyle.

More -

Katana - Li Bingbing
Lady Shiva - Steph Song

MARVEL: ALL-STAR

Jocasta - Eva Longoria

CGI, voiced by Eva Longoria. But, if Jocasta were to ever go back to Janet, then Eva would definitely be her.

Rita DeMara/Wasp - Charlize Theron

She's got that sharp assertive look about her. Plus, she's got the right body and build. Well if she can get back to how she was in Aeon Flux.

Prof. Hank Pym - Simon Baker

He's got that kind of nerdy charm about him, like that hidden sexiness. Which is how I picture All-Star Hank.

More -

Evelyn Necker - Amy Adams or the model Cintia Dicker
Ulysses Klaw - Lee Pace
Aaron Stacker - Toby McGuire

Last edited by J'adore; 06-21-2010 at 10:21 AM.
J'adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #100
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer

Wow, being the Chuck fan that I am, how did I never think of Yvonne as Black Widow? That's superb casting.