Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #301
MMMMM...Pancakes
DoubleChivas on the Rocks

Default Re: Dragonball HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Madrigal View Post
my version of goku:

hope you like. working on vegeta next. god bless.
Very well done.

Would like to see more. Especially Piccolo.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
MMMMM...Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #302
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

That looks so unique and nice.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #303
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Just watched the HD release of DBZ Battle of Gods, great film. A lot of great moments in there and I like how it's setup for a new potential series. It definitely lends itself to some credibility, something I have not enjoyed in Dragonball Z in a long time. Loved Vegeta in this, he's come a long way.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #304
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I just realized that there's like a HUGE visual continuity error with the Battle of Gods film.

The film takes place like what, 5 years, after Goku's defeated Kid Buu and right around the time that Videl was pregnant with Pan.

By the time we see the toddler Pan at the end of Dragon Ball Z, Goten and Trunks are like teenagers already, young adults even. However, Goten and Trunks don't look any older or taller than they were when they were first shown together.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:49 AM   #305
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

This is true, but I've noticed that saiyan children undergo super crazy over night growth spurts.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #306
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde View Post
This is true, but I've noticed that saiyan children undergo super crazy over night growth spurts.
Indeed; though I guess I shouldn't be too surprised since wasn't Goku still pretty sort when he was like 12-13 years old? I think both Trunks and Goten should be around that age, so they'll probably have that massive growth spurt that'll take place in the next five years.

On another note, if they do make another DBZ film, I do hope that they add some character development plot to it. I think one of the BIGGEST reasons why I enjoy "Wrath of the Dragon", aside from its great action sequences, is that it's not all fighting and goofing around. The film actually allows for some characters to develop and breathe for a brief moment before the main battle takes place.

Plus, am I the only one that prefers how the animation for DBZ looked like 20 years ago? Seriously, the animation used for Goku and Friends' return and Battle of Gods, even though it's technically more "advanced", it looks crappier imho when compared to the classic 90's animation.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #307
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Another thing I'd like to add is that, looking back at the WHOLE Majin Boo Saga, I'm definitely a fan of how it all ended up with Goku and Vegeta being the ones primarily responsible for taking down Buu in the end. With all of the potentials characters that they had in stored for being the ones that could have possibly defeated him (Gotenks and Gohan), I'm just glad that it fell back to those two, who are simply, the two biggest bad-asses of DBZ; not to mention, it was a great character development seeing those two having to work together for that long of a duration in order to bring Buu down.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #308
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Battle of Gods is actually a pretty decent movie... i look forward to see what else they have in mind later

Old 09-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #309
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah the animation with the 3D felt very weird sometime, the film was very enjoyable, and i hope they follow it with a new tv show, there were some weird things, like Trunks now having a 40s girlfriend who looks his age. But i guess that change does contradict GT and make it non-canon.

While Majin Buu had some problems i actually enjoyed it a lot, it felt like an evolution with new concepts instead of rehashing previous ones, and offered some cool cosmic elements, it's a shame they didn't go more into space. By the way, i didn't know that pre-SSJ Goku was still weaker than Freeza, i thought he himself evolved in power without having to transform.

I like when Dragon Ball goes into new directions, and i'm glad the movie promised a lot of good things to come, and different universes, lol. That's exactly what the Dragon Ball Multiverse writers said they allways wished to see in DB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #310
Super Kal
Side-Kick

no, Goku has always been the same in his normal state...

if they make another movie, i want them to have the story centered on Vegeta.
i'm tired of seeing Goku always the main protagonist

Last edited by Super Kal; 09-25-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #311
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

You know, the THREE of the Biggest Plot holes that's always bugged me about the series were these:

1. In the anime (since I've never actually read the manga version of DBZ), Piccolo tells Vegeta that since had been evil for most of his life, he would not be rewarded in the afterlife by being able to keep his physical form, and yet every villain that Goku has sent to the afterlife had their physical forms, so why is vegeta such a big exception?

2. Another thing that bugged me was how Goku and everyone refused to actually ask the Dragon, like Bulma had suggested, on how they could find Dr. Gero so that they could stop him before he made the killer androids that was supposed to wipe them all out. And what's worse is that when the three years do arrive and they meet up with Androids 19 and 20, it's revealed that Bulma already knows on where Dr Gero's lab is (somewhat) due to her father being a scientist.

3. And finally, I'm wondering why Kami never took on King Piccolo when he was reeking havoc on the Earth in the past and in the present (when Goku was alive) and then all of a sudden he takes the initiative to take on Piccolo jr.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #312
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah i remember him congratulating Goku for doing that, yet when Goku went there after having defeated Picolo, even Kami's servant was able to beat him easily, if he was that occupied why not send his servant instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
no, Goku has always been the name in his normal state... if they make another movie, i want them to have the story centered on Vegeta.

i'm tired of seeing Goku always the main protagonist
What exactly did i say to spark that answer?

Quote:
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #313
Super Kal
Side-Kick

your second paragraph... you made the mention that you thought Goku had somehow evolved in power without having to transform. Goku is always going to have a base power level, just like any other Saiyan or human in that universe...

and i should of separated my answers with a space or a break. it was related to the third part of your post... just giving my thoughts on what i would like them to do if they continued to expand the universe with another series, or, in this case, another movie.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #314
Lord
All Mighty

Well, since everytime he trains he also gets much stronger i thought his base form could still evolve and that each transformation was a giant boost. And yeah, i would like to see the next film more focused on Vegeta but i know that's probably not going to happen.

I actually liked in the Majin saga when Vegeta fought against Goku and was on an even level, would like to see more team-ups and face offs between the two.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #315
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Going back and watching the series, I gotta ask everyone, was anyone else bothered by the level/amount of inconsistencies and continuity errors, story/background wise, that the show had?

Case in point, I mean one minute it's said that Planet Vegeta was blown up four years before Raditz arrived on Earth, then it's said that the planet had its own guardian who was responsible for destroying it, then it's said that it was actually destroyed by Frieza and that Vegeta didn't know about it, and then it's said that not only did this all happen right after Goku left the planet as a baby but that Vegeta did know about it all along.

And this is just one of several continuity issues the series had with its own mythology.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #316
venom892
Got Lucky

The thing about Planet Vegeta never occurred to me. I was always under the assumption that Frieza kept the truth from Vegeta, but he always heard whispers about from other soldiers. Also I've been replaying my PS3 games and I only have Burst Limit. I was wondering should I bother getting Raging Blast 1 and 2 or Ultimate Tenkaichi? Any opinions?

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #317
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, the THREE of the Biggest Plot holes that's always bugged me about the series were these:
1. In the anime (since I've never actually read the manga version of DBZ), Piccolo tells Vegeta that since had been evil for most of his life, he would not be rewarded in the afterlife by being able to keep his physical form, and yet every villain that Goku has sent to the afterlife had their physical forms, so why is vegeta such a big exception?
The villains keeping their bodies in the anime are all filler.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #318
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I just watched Battle of The Gods and while i was dissapointed with the design use for god form it was still great, are we getting a english dub and release?

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #319
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Just watched Battle of Gods as well. I enjoyed it a lot. Someone was saying about the timeline inconsistencies. I thought it was pretty much spot on as we hadn't yet come to the point of Goku meeting Uub in the tournament at the end of the Z series. And I'll be keen if they start on a new series in the foreseeable future. As long as Toriyama is involved of course. I gave up on GT midway through and I also hated Baby the Tuffle with a passion!!!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #320
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah, the film was a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Going back and watching the series, I gotta ask everyone, was anyone else bothered by the level/amount of inconsistencies and continuity errors, story/background wise, that the show had?

Case in point, I mean one minute it's said that Planet Vegeta was blown up four years before Raditz arrived on Earth, then it's said that the planet had its own guardian who was responsible for destroying it, then it's said that it was actually destroyed by Frieza and that Vegeta didn't know about it, and then it's said that not only did this all happen right after Goku left the planet as a baby but that Vegeta did know about it all along.

And this is just one of several continuity issues the series had with its own mythology.
Not sure about Planet vegeta being blown up 4 years before, but the statement that it previously had a guardian who destroyed it was actually added in the anime, but it could still be explained with Frieza being considered a guardian of the planet, since it was part of his empire and so could be in his protection.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #321
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
Just watched Battle of Gods as well. I enjoyed it a lot. Someone was saying about the timeline inconsistencies. I thought it was pretty much spot on as we hadn't yet come to the point of Goku meeting Uub in the tournament at the end of the Z series. And I'll be keen if they start on a new series in the foreseeable future. As long as Toriyama is involved of course. I gave up on GT midway through and I also hated Baby the Tuffle with a passion!!!
Well I don't know about anyone else, but neither Goten or Trunks looked "Older" considering that 5 years had past since the events of the Majin Buu saga and that they're only five years away from meeting Uub at that point, so they should have been a lot taller and older than what they originally appeared as.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #322
Lord
All Mighty

Sayians look younger than others until a certain age, around 18 they seem to take some major grow pills, if Goku is any indication

Quote:
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #323
Iron_Madrigal
Banned User

Just finished the Frieza Saga on DB Kai. Here's my tribute:

Iron_Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #324
venom892
Got Lucky

That's amazing. I was hoping they'd release Battle of the Gods in theaters here. It be something else to see DBZ on the big screen.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #325
SpiderGirl_8479
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Madrigal View Post
Just finished the Frieza Saga on DB Kai. Here's my tribute:

This looks AWESOME! Excellent work!

SpiderGirl_8479 is offline   Reply With Quote