The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Bug-Eyed Earl
Side-Kick

Default Wayans WAY better than I thought

I'll concede this. He's not goofy comic relief, he's just the funny guy that there's one of in every group.

Bug-Eyed Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
KatarHol
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wayans WAY better than I thought

I agree,and i've never liked him in anything. I thought the helmet bump he gives Scarlett during the Paris chase was charming.

KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

lol he was NOT funny at all, far too chessy and forced.

"your strong with a kung fu grip"

"look at you two, like the cute white couple on the wedding cake!"

gotta get a white people joke in!!!
Which isn't a suprising considering the junk he's done in the past!!

the relationship with scarlett, creeping on her till she gave in.

his action scenes were awful.

pretty much a poor mans Will Smith!!

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
batboy99
BTVS

I didn't find him that bad. And to be honest, I like the Wayans Bros. But not their later stuff. I liked White Chicks and the first two Scary Movies, but besides that, not much else.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Yeah, he wasn't bad at all and was actually kind of funny. It seems to me that the only time he gets stupid is when he's working with his brothers.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

i thought he'd be as annoying as the twins in transformers, but he ended up being pretty alright in the movie. and i liked his character.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
UnionJack

wow i guess my funny bone has cancer .. cos this guy was not funny at all .. and never has been.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
The Guard
Side-Kick

I had no issues with him, and actually really enjoyed his action stuff. I suspect, though, had all that "Whoooooo!" stuff been left in that you see in the trailers, people would be *****ing. Even though he still wouldn't have been all that bad.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

I didn't mind him at all either and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked his character. I even found him genuinely funny in parts and chuckled at a few of his moments. A surprisingly good turn from him, IMO.

Punisher Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

He was not that good IMO but really who was in the movie? Park?

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:20 AM   #11
UnionJack

My word if people find this guy funny then this is a sad world! White Chicks is a cinematic abortion.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
Neptune
Uchiha!

He wasn't bad but he wasn't funny either. The jokes were forced and him falling with his accelerator suit on was waayyyyy too predictable.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
wootbaby
Side-Kick

he sucked. and the characterization of the character was crap as well. very little of the original ripcord overshadowed by a bastardization of the Flint/Lady J relationship spun into a totally unnecessary romance between wayans and Scarlett.

it's laughable that people are crying about a very passable Channing Tatum performance but give wayans a pass because he's black and a comedian and they expect him to not be able to put 2 words together or something. "oh look he's not drooling on himself... good for him!" or maybe it's because most of this board is 14 and they feel some sort of adolescent jealousy at Channing Tatum who the 14 year old girls swoon over.

ask yourself this. did you for a minute believe that there is ANY WORLD where the scrub you saw on screen could be a SPECIAL FORCES COMMANDO? any of you honestly believe he or his entire family has the mental wattage to actually be a PILOT after watching his performance? Wayans was the worst actor in the entire movie. Sienna Miller was more of a believable *****/badass than wayans was. aside from anything else the entire time you're watching the movie you're not thinking "there's the Ripcord" from the comics you're thinking, hey MARLON WAYANS is in this movie.

ask yourself... was there any point in the movie where you feel like you're experiencing anything from RIPCORD's eyes? do you get any resonance of emotion from him in any scene where you can actually KNOW his emotions or even how he's feeling? compare their exchange after accelerator suit chase... at least you get the barest feeling of annoyance from Tatum when he says "I told you to read the manual." Wayans supposedly just literally ran through a brick wall and more... what EMOTION do you get after sharing a death-defying incident with his best bud? some heavy breathing and a monotone delivery of a one-liner? in fact is there anywhere in the movie where Wayans actually makes you feel that his character is undergoing any sort of emotion or stress? he's going through WWIII out there and he's just sort of just THERE in the movie sleepwalking around around hitting on white chicks and cracking jokes from time to time. even when he was going after the missile do you get any sort of feeling of anxiety or pressure from his performance or do you get the feeling he's sitting in front of a blue screen yelling lines and trying to act tough

if he's not believable as his character and you get no emotion from his performance that's the definition of BAD ACTING

wootbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
Voyeur
Side-Kick

Next to Channing Tatum, Wayans came across like Olivier.

Voyeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #15
UnionJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootbaby View Post
he sucked. and the characterization of the character was crap as well. very little of the original ripcord overshadowed by a bastardization of the Flint/Lady J relationship spun into a totally unnecessary romance between wayans and Scarlett.

it's laughable that people are crying about a very passable Channing Tatum performance but give wayans a pass because he's black and a comedian and they expect him to not be able to put 2 words together or something. "oh look he's not drooling on himself... good for him!" or maybe it's because most of this board is 14 and they feel some sort of adolescent jealousy at Channing Tatum who the 14 year old girls swoon over.

ask yourself this. did you for a minute believe that there is ANY WORLD where the scrub you saw on screen could be a SPECIAL FORCES COMMANDO? any of you honestly believe he or his entire family has the mental wattage to actually be a PILOT after watching his performance? Wayans was the worst actor in the entire movie. Sienna Miller was more of a believable *****/badass than wayans was. aside from anything else the entire time you're watching the movie you're not thinking "there's the Ripcord" from the comics you're thinking, hey MARLON WAYANS is in this movie.

ask yourself... was there any point in the movie where you feel like you're experiencing anything from RIPCORD's eyes? do you get any resonance of emotion from him in any scene where you can actually KNOW his emotions or even how he's feeling? compare their exchange after accelerator suit chase... at least you get the barest feeling of annoyance from Tatum when he says "I told you to read the manual." Wayans supposedly just literally ran through a brick wall and more... what EMOTION do you get after sharing a death-defying incident with his best bud? some heavy breathing and a monotone delivery of a one-liner? in fact is there anywhere in the movie where Wayans actually makes you feel that his character is undergoing any sort of emotion or stress? he's going through WWIII out there and he's just sort of just THERE in the movie sleepwalking around around hitting on white chicks and cracking jokes from time to time. even when he was going after the missile do you get any sort of feeling of anxiety or pressure from his performance or do you get the feeling he's sitting in front of a blue screen yelling lines and trying to act tough

if he's not believable as his character and you get no emotion from his performance that's the definition of BAD ACTING

haha yes yes yes all too true, thought it was only me who thought this toolbag as utterly awful, if he or his character wasn't in the film I'd have enjoyed it alot more.

Everytime I saw him I was waiting for some *****y joke to come out.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 09-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #16
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootbaby View Post

I actually thought Wayans gave quite a good performance for what he had, he convinced me in his serious scene's, as well as his action ones, he seemed much more real cracking jokes in the middle of a battle than the over serious Tatum, as if that was me in that situation, I would be cracking jokes as well to keep me from screaming!

I thought he was fine, had no problem with him at all.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
lou2099
soulless zombie

Marlon was actually cast in this movie because of his performance in Requiem for a Dream, a dramatic role.

In this movie, he played it straight, and was comedic without being a total Scary Movie dunce. I was very impressed with his reaction to Scarlett kissing him for luck, he didn't make some goofy surprised expression like I expected.

I had no issues with him, or his character either.

And boom goes the dynamite. Deadpool...wins.
lou2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #18
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2099 View Post
Marlon was actually cast in this movie because of his performance in Requiem for a Dream, a dramatic role.

In this movie, he played it straight, and was comedic without being a total Scary Movie dunce. I was very impressed with his reaction to Scarlett kissing him for luck, he didn't make some goofy surprised expression like I expected.

I had no issues with him, or his character either.
Marlon Wayne(fan since wayans bro, scary movie 1 and 2 were hilarious, never saw requiem for a dream and don't be a menace in south central, white girls and baby weren't as funny) was my top 5 favorite characters in the movie. next to 1. Cobra commander 2. snake eyes 3. zartan and 4. Storm Shadow

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #19
bullets
bang bang

Marlon Wayans was one of the few actors that had much personality in this film. I think it would of been dull without him.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote