The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Default Fate of The Avengers and others with "Disney's Marvel"

There has been a lot of speculation as to what will be happening with the movies that are not scheduled to release next year (ex. Iron Man 2) because they are in the spectrum of "safe" with the buy out of Marvel from Disney.

People say now the movies that arent in production and just in the screneplay/casting stages (ex. Thor Cap Avengers) will be in an ongoing limbo of struggle between budget with Marvel and Disneys true intentions with this buy out. They tell us now that they will play this like they did Pixar and let them do their own but Ill believe it when I trully see it.

I dont want this to start as an argument page the buy out. I want this to be a discussion on where you think the movies will be, where they will stand as release dates that wont interfear with any Disney/Pixar films and if you think as I read in one Blog "Disney will trash these movies because they are only targeted to a narrow fan base"

Keep this thread as a safe environment for bloggers to post whatever they feel and fun! Haha I dont want blood spilled here I've already seen the Disney Buy Out Thread.

NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Fate of The Avengers and others with "Disney's Marvel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNitro View Post
People say now the movies that arent in production and just in the screneplay/casting stages (ex. Thor Cap Avengers) will be in an ongoing limbo of struggle between budget with Marvel and Disneys true intentions with this buy out.
Who says that? No one

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Five movies will be made under the Marvel Paramount deal and that includes Captain America, Thor and the Avengers. All three will be made. After the deal runs out in 2012, Disney takes control.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
DACMAN
The Spidey Fan

Quote:
There has been a lot of speculation as to what will be happening with the movies that are not scheduled to release next year (ex. Iron Man 2) because they are in the spectrum of "safe" with the buy out of Marvel from Disney.

People say now the movies that arent in production and just in the screneplay/casting stages (ex. Thor Cap Avengers) will be in an ongoing limbo of struggle between budget with Marvel and Disneys true intentions with this buy out. They tell us now that they will play this like they did Pixar and let them do their own but Ill believe it when I trully see it.

I dont want this to start as an argument page the buy out. I want this to be a discussion on where you think the movies will be, where they will stand as release dates that wont interfear with any Disney/Pixar films and if you think as I read in one Blog "Disney will trash these movies because they are only targeted to a narrow fan base"

Keep this thread as a safe environment for bloggers to post whatever they feel and fun! Haha I dont want blood spilled here I've already seen the Disney Buy Out Thread.
I think it's pretty simple. They didn't buy Marvel to shut everything down and not make money. They spent 4 billion on Marvel because they want a piece of the pie. They're going to come in and move things along. I for one am pretty excited to see what Pixar gives us.

SPIDEY QUIPS SONY! JUST ASK BENDIS AND WATCH!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
DACMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Pixar could totally do short animated series based on popular Marvel storyline arcs
Plus it will finally give them the opportunity to appeal to an older demographic

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
DACMAN
The Spidey Fan

I want full length stuff. I want a full length Spider-Man/HULK/Punisher/Avengers/X-Men film done by Pixar.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
aka Kal el
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sorry folk Avengers is on hold! Fav & RDJ doing Cowboys and Aliens! Yeah its basically giving the finger to Disney! You'll hear about soon.

aka Kal el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Kal el View Post
Sorry folk Avengers is on hold! Fav & RDJ doing Cowboys and Aliens! Yeah its basically giving the finger to Disney! You'll hear about soon.
Won't that be their next film while Thor and Cap are being made? It seems like there's room enough to film that Cowboys and Aliens crap and then move on to Avengers. Downey jammed Sherlock Holmes between Ironflicks.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I doubt Disney will cancel Avengers. The money that would of have went to Marvel will now be going Disney. I'm predicting Avengers to be huge, TDK huge if Cap & Thor are well recieved.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #10
strikezone89
Best In The World

You guys are silly to think that Disney is going to ruin films Marvel had slated for release.. Marvel films will be so much better having the backing of Disney, bigger budget, more publicity, etc... And RDJ and Fav will film cowboys and aliens while capt and thor are being made..

1) The Dark Knight Rises 2) The Incredible Hulk 3) The Dark Knight 4) The Avengers 5) Thor

strikezone89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Kal el View Post
Guess RDJ has tkae a year off and put his acting gig on haitus in 2011 so he can stay in character when Avengers rolls around...

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I see Disney using the rest of Marvel's paramount deal for observation purposes, and determining how they plan the future of marvel films.

If all 5 movies (Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Avengers and Iron Man 3) are massive hits, Disney will probably let Marvel keep doing what they are.

If say, Thor bombs, Disney will exert a certain amount of authority over which characters get made into movies from here on out. Thor bombing would result in Disney not going forward with say, Doctor Strange.

If all 5 movies bombed, Disney will probably completely redo Marvel films, firing Kevin Feige and others.

Also I see Marvel getting massive incentive from Disney to do sequels to certain films; if Cap does 350 million in the United States alone, but Thor only does say 190 million, we'll see Disney exert it's authority, and have them make a Cap Trilogy. If both Thor and Cap bomb, but Avengers is a Spider-Man size success, then we'll see Disney insisting on a focus

In short, I don't think Disney will mess with the next 5 films at all, but I think once the paramount contract runs out, we'll see Disney sit down with Marvel and say "Okay, this worked; we want more of this. This wasn't so hot, we need you to change this."

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
jab1118
Side-Kick

My only concern is if disny pushes marvel movies back to make room for there other big budget movies like another ****** pirates movie, which i believe comes out in the very crowded 2011

jab1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Yeah I brought it up in another thread, POTC: On Stranger Tides is aimed for 2011. I think Thor/Cap will have a tough time holding those release dates.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I want pixar handling the franchises that reach out to the younger GA, like power pack and what not.

Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #16
Eldarion
Banned User

I think Captain America will be pushed to fall 2011 at least, they haven't started anything yet, no plans when they are going to shoot, no cast. You know a year ago Marvel Studios planned for Iron Man 2 and Thor in 2010 and Captain America and The Avengers in 2011. Maybe they also think about it releasing Captain America a couple week before The Avengers, like they did before.

2010: Iron Man 2
2011: Thor
2012: Captain America, The Avengers

Last edited by Eldarion; 09-12-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Eldarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #17
FaT_tONle
Banned User

I agree ^^^... but logistically I don't think there is any way they will get Avengers out the same year as Cap. Forget about Fall or Winter releases. I really think Marvel/Disney will consider only one tentpole a summer for the years Sony/Fox put out Marvel movies of their own, which is what I suggested some time ago. Three Marvel tentpoles in one year is overkill. The only other solution IMO is try to re-negotiate with Paramount and push Thor up to March/April 2011. Sort of like when Clash of the Titans will be released next spring. Thor will get much more recognition and leeway from those bigger summer films.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 09-12-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #18
DACMAN
The Spidey Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I want pixar handling the franchises that reach out to the younger GA, like power pack and what not.
Right. Because Spider-Man doesn't reach the younger audience.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
I agree ^^^... but logistically I don't think there is any way they will get Avengers out the same year as Cap. Forget about Fall or Winter releases. I really think Marvel/Disney will consider only one tentpole a summer for the years Sony/Fox put out Marvel movies of their own, which is what I suggested some time ago. Three Marvel tentpoles in one year is overkill. The only other solution IMO is try to re-negotiate with Paramount and push Thor up to March/April 2011. Sort of like when Clash of the Titans will be released next spring. Thor will get much more recognition and leeway from those bigger summer films.
Also, Cap in the memorial day slot could be killer.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
FaT_tONle
Banned User

POTC 4 also needs that release date just as much as Thor or Cap.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #21
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Th Cool Re: Fate of The Avengers and others with "Disney's Marvel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACMAN View Post
Right. Because Spider-Man doesn't reach the younger audience.
I didn't mean it like that, spidey's been established as a live action character, I'd like for it to stay that way, but what I ment was a franchise that hasn't been done yet and would be intersting to see, I'd also like to see pixar do a silver surfer.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 AM   #22
DACMAN
The Spidey Fan

I just think it's a waste of their amazing talent to do things people aren't going to see. I think they should hit the big ones first. Let's see Spider-Man Pixar style and go from there.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #23
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

fantastic 4 would make a good pixar style movie, im not saying spidey wouldnt but you lose the tone and dama that the spidey franchise has established.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #24
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
fantastic 4 would make a good pixar style movie, im not saying spidey wouldnt but you lose the tone and dama that the spidey franchise has established.
Eeerrrmmmm no you don't take a look at this

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That's the Spidey I know and love.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #25
R-Taco
Side-Kick

Quote:
After The Incredibles, Pixar doing a Fantastic Four movie would just seem...redundant.

R-Taco is offline   Reply With Quote