The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
Mostpowerful
*SUPERMAN*

Default Re: Singer for MOS Petition

^^^you should be lucky that you could still get some in any form.

avatar by lere - @stargazer0118 - Superman wears trunks
Old 10-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #27
byte19
200... It WILL Happen...

what petition? the studio still can't decide on what to do. i'll sign anyway just to get the ball rolling.

terra1319

ps: just found the petition you should put it on facebook!

The Rascal Theorist: New Frequency! CD out NOW! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/new...cy/id399123881
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I Will Watch This Film More Times Than Anyone On The Planet... It Will Happen...

Last edited by byte19; 10-10-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #28
byte19
200... It WILL Happen...

sorry the last thing anyone needs is another remake (oh reboot)! if anything we need a stand along story that ups the stakes for the characters. and still maintain continuity for the cast.

terra1319(byte's girl)

The Rascal Theorist: New Frequency! CD out NOW! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/new...cy/id399123881
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I Will Watch This Film More Times Than Anyone On The Planet... It Will Happen...
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #29
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFadeAway View Post
I'd have a sex change before I watched another Singer directed Superman film in theaters!
Careful now!! Making some wishes like that could come true.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #30
CloseToTheEdge

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte19 View Post
what petition? the studio still can't decide on what to do. i'll sign anyway just to get the ball rolling.

terra1319

ps: just found the petition you should put it on facebook!
Thanks terra!

Are you talking about my petition or another?

Old 10-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #31
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1977 View Post
Careful now!! Making some wishes like that could come true.
I wouldn't pay money to see another Singer Supes flick in theaters......thats what I have HBO for

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #32
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Wink Re: Singer for MOS Petition

Quote:
I wouldn't pay money to see another Singer Supes flick in theaters......thats what I have HBO for
But watching it on HBO on a big ass HD flat screen tv is like being in theater. Without the annoying kids babbling, chewing gums on your shoes, & crunchy popcorns on the floor that is.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #33
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
But watching it on HBO on a big ass HD flat screen tv is like being in theater. Without the annoying kids babbling, chewing gums on your shoes, & crunchy popcorns on the floor that is.
Hey, atleast that way if I hate it I'm less inclined to jump on the boards and be a whiney little baby about it.

It is funny that as I've gotten older, I choose to wait until a movie comes out on DVD or HBO to watch it instead of going to the theater. There was a time when I would see anything and everything, I was going to as many as 4 movies a week a few years back.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Old 10-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #34
Superman Prime
The Quantum Enigma

I hate theaters.

Constant chewing of popcorn and sounds of whispering that drive you nuts. I'd rather them talk in normal voices than in whispers... it's less annoying that way, and even when they're whispering, I can still often times hear exactly what they're saying.

Dumbasses.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #35
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
I hate theaters.

Constant chewing of popcorn and sounds of whispering that drive you nuts. I'd rather them talk in normal voices than in whispers... it's less annoying that way, and even when they're whispering, I can still often times hear exactly what they're saying.

Dumbasses.
Here Here!

Old 10-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #36
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Hey, atleast that way if I hate it I'm less inclined to jump on the boards and be a whiney little baby about it.

It is funny that as I've gotten older, I choose to wait until a movie comes out on DVD or HBO to watch it instead of going to the theater. There was a time when I would see anything and everything, I was going to as many as 4 movies a week a few years back.

LOL I'm starting to get to that point. I hate the kids who get on their cell phones the whole time. Even texting gets on my nerves, you see the light and hear the button pushing (sometimes beeping) ERRR

Half of them probably watched another movie before, and just wandered in there for some extra movie viewing/cell phone time. BRATS!

Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:

I wonder if the ticket price increasing also has a part on not going to the theater much. It rubbish they keep increasing the price for one ticket nowdays. Some blame people who illegally downloaded movies. You know, pirated films.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #38
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
LOL I'm starting to get to that point. I hate the kids who get on their cell phones the whole time. Even texting gets on my nerves, you see the light and hear the button pushing (sometimes beeping) ERRR

Half of them probably watched another movie before, and just wandered in there for some extra movie viewing/cell phone time. BRATS!

I know how you feel about movie testing. Alot of times I will sacrifice comfortablilty and sit closer to the front, just so I don't have to be annoyed by those around me.

I used to try and sit in the handicap seats, but that blew up in my face won 300's opening night, when I tried to pass it off like I had the shakes after being confronted by the theater staff. It's not worth the trouble.....

And I'm sure alot of those kids do sneak into the movie from another, I used to do that all the time back in the day lol.

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 10-19-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: dddd
Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #39
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder if the ticket price increasing also has a part on not going to the theater much. It rubbish they keep increasing the price for one ticket nowdays. Some blame people who illegally downloaded movies. You know, pirated films.
Thats adds into it. If it was increasing movie ticket prices alone, I wouldn't care. But throw in the annoying crowd around you, $6 popcorn, $5 drinks, etc etc, it deff. plays a big part. I'd rather just watch it in the comfortability of my own place.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 AM   #40
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Correction: that's what we have torrents for.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #41
CloseToTheEdge

Reminder: The petition closes down this Sunday! If you haven't signed it yet, this is the time to do it!

Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #42
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Lol "petition". Is this a satire of other petition threads ?

Old 11-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #43
BULLITT
Side-Kick

Done.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #44
Smit84
Side-Kick

Well Michael Dougherty says that there were only minor discussions for what would happen in a Superman Returns sequel but the ideas were nowhere near developed to the degree their X-men 3 ideas had been.
Well, sort of. This is about a week old but I found it fascinating. While talking to slashfilm.com Michael Dougherty revealed ideas he pitched to Singer for X-men 3 and outlined what the story was to be. It sounded epic and Dougherty comes across as though he would have much rather done X3 over Superman Returns but it was Singer's call. I've never really felt this before but now I think Singer did screw over X-men fans and Superman fans. Dougherty's X-men 3 sounded like it could have been the best film in the series and its implied that none of them had much desire to do a Superman sequel.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/01/the-filmcast-after-dark-ep-73-making-trick-r-treat-guest-mike-dougherty-director-of-trick-r-treat

So why petition for a filmmaker who has little desire to make the film?

Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #45
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smit84 View Post
Well, sort of. This is about a week old but I found it fascinating. While talking to slashfilm.com Michael Dougherty revealed ideas he pitched to Singer for X-men 3 and outlined what the story was to be. It sounded epic and Dougherty comes across as though he would have much rather done X3 over Superman Returns but it was Singer's call. I've never really felt this before but now I think Singer did screw over X-men fans and Superman fans. Dougherty's X-men 3 sounded like it could have been the best film in the series and its implied that none of them had much desire to do a Superman sequel.
And yet some people still manage to somehow wonder why Bryan Singer is considered to be in bad standing with superhero fans. He managed to screw over the fans of not one, but TWO franchises. The X-Men fans did not get the X-Men 3 they wanted because Bryan Singer made Superman Returns instead, and Superman fans did not get the Superman movie they wanted because Superman Returns was boring, depressing and lame. One of Marvel's biggest franchises and one of DC's biggest franchises were negatively affected by him, which means he's pissed off pretty much everyone. It shouldn't be surprising then, that people usually have negative reactions whenever there's talk of him doing a movie of an established franchise.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #46
Smit84
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
And yet some people still manage to somehow wonder why Bryan Singer is considered to be in bad standing with superhero fans. He managed to screw over the fans of not one, but TWO franchises. The X-Men fans did not get the X-Men 3 they wanted because Bryan Singer made Superman Returns instead, and Superman fans did not get the Superman movie they wanted because Superman Returns was boring, depressing and lame. One of Marvel's biggest franchises and one of DC's biggest franchises were negatively affected by him, which means he's pissed off pretty much everyone. It shouldn't be surprising then, that people usually have negative reactions whenever there's talk of him doing a movie of an established franchise.
For me, it's more of an issue of Singer not commiting to anything. I honestly believe if Singer wanted to do a Superman Returns sequel WB would have done it. As it is, the only way a direct sequel would be approrpriate is if Singer returned to do it. Without Singer they have to reboot it. Singer has the right to make whatever movie he wants, but at least Christopher Nolan is honest about where he stands on another Batman. Singer promised a third X-men and a second Superman and abandoned both for other projects.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #47
romeogbs19
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smit84 View Post
For me, it's more of an issue of Singer not commiting to anything. I honestly believe if Singer wanted to do a Superman Returns sequel WB would have done it. As it is, the only way a direct sequel would be approrpriate is if Singer returned to do it. Without Singer they have to reboot it. Singer has the right to make whatever movie he wants, but at least Christopher Nolan is honest about where he stands on another Batman. Singer promised a third X-men and a second Superman and abandoned both for other projects.
Gosh ... how do I say this nicely ... even if the WB is managed by a bunch of idiots (and we know it is), Horn and co. were at least aware enough (notice I did not say "smart") that Superman Returns angered a legion of the character's core followers.

It didn't matter what Singer pitched, WB was not making a Superman Returns sequel (and thank the heavens they didn't).

I agree Singer tarnished both Superman and X-men with his decision but I honestly was one of those people who heard the news and thought at first it would was a blessing. Who better to helm Superman than Singer? But sadly, the result we got was a sorely lacking piece of <insert foul language here>.

Hopefully, the WB gets off their rear ends and greenlights the next Supes film so it can come out by 2013 (the year WB loses key components of the Superman copyright). I'm optimistic the WB will get one Supes film out.

I'm fine w/ a re-boot but the iconic Williams score needs to stay. IMHO, give it to Abrams. At least based on Star Trek, I know the guy can weave a glorious tale of sci-fi. Braniac!!!!

As for Singer, keep him as far away from Superman as possible. I'm fine if he wants to do another X-man film but Superman was clearly not a character he understood.

Last edited by romeogbs19; 11-24-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #48
jrd550
He who is him

I think Singer should finish hat he started

Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #49
bunk
superhero fan

True. That hat's not going to knit itself.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #50
AlexRoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseToTheEdge View Post
Calling all Superman and comic book film fans!

Signatures are now being gathered to send to Warner Brothers Studios informing them that the fans want to see Bryan Singer direct the sequel to Superman Returns.
But they don't.

Closed Thread