Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: PS3 motion wand controllers

Some games:

Motion Fighter

The Shoot

Sports Champions

The Superstar

Last edited by Havok83; 03-14-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #77
Havok83
Side-Kick

Socom

Move Party

Brunswick Pro Bowling

Slider

Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #78
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

While I'm still not really interested in any of these motion controllers, I do give Microsoft props for doing something completely different and not just trying to make WiiHD (though they are just doing EyeToy 2.0). I also hope both companies bring some good non-mini game products to show at E3.

But in general, a big meh to both of them trying to capitalize on the Wii's success.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 03-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.
StrainedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #79
Superhero 101
DESI

so who is actually getting one? i might but not when it comes out probably next winter.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #80
Havok83
Side-Kick

I had little interest and hated the whole idea but Sony's GDC unveiling was very impressive. It looks alot better than I expected and I might end up considering it Sports Champion and Dukes look like they could be good titles. Cant wait to see Ape Escape and the rumored Heavy Rain support

Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #81
TheBat812
Side-Kick

really depends on how cool the games are. But if they can make an Uncharted game with intuitive controls? Hells ya, I'm in.

Throw in 3d gaming and could be pretty ****in cool.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #82
Raiden
What a bunch of...

PS3's motion controller comes in different colors

Btw, I do like this more than 360's Project Natal; I believe that the controller is needed if they want to provide some depth to the games. Without controller, the games will be alot more restricted and therefore unable to expand upon the technology later.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #83
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gd...he-shoot/62981

The Shoot footage, basically a light gun game. Honestly, the G-Con Gun was the peak of this genre, and motion controls have just made it feel... less authentic. You can't line up sights properly etc, it's essentially like playing it with a mouse.

That said, if they're planning to port Dead Space: Extraction over to PSN with HD visuals, then I'll buy that again.
Honestly, I don't see the point in Shoot. They could have easily made a better graphic'd game for the currently existing Guncon. An on the rails shooter just doesn't seem right for the Move IMO. Now FPS games and a medieval weapon action adventure are the types of games that will get me to buy this. Watching the sword and shield demo at E3 is what first made me even think about wanting it as I could see a Zelda type game with enhanced controls and PS3 level graphics being very fun. Some genres just don't seem right tho, and Shoot looks to be the same kind of crap shovelware the Wii gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
I hate the name, Playstation Move.....not that iīm expecting for Project Natal to have a better name (it might be way worst), but i donīt like it.
As for the rest, imo, itīs what i was expecting, nothing more nothing less.
Itīs very Wii like, which is not a bad thing, because you can port Wii name to the PS3 (the first port announced is Aragornīs Quest), but it makes it unoriginal, which can hurt in sales because people already have a Wii.
Another thing good about it being similar to the Wii is that developers know how to make game for the Nintendo console, so, itīs easier for them to think about ways to use the PS Move.

All in all, itīs what i was expecting, an update on the Wii, but still very Nintendo like nontheless.
It can be great or garbage, depending on the games and how they use it (the same can be said about Natal), but i still see more potential for the Microsoft one.
About Wii ports, I'm on the border of that. On one hand I think it puts the PS3 in the best position overall for titles. Most PS3 exclusives are pure PS3 exclusives. While 360 exclusives can be bought for PC, and Nintendo...well it's Nintendo you'll never see Mario on anything else, and if you want Mario or Zelda you buy a Nintendo console. Past that tho, the PS3 will now share multiplat games with the 360, Wii, and PC. So it has the most possible consoles to share titles with, on top of having the most first party developers. This could be a good thing for Sony.

On the other hand this could also mean seeing some of the Wii's shovelware coming over. Some of this might be offset by the PS3 not having the same audience, higher production costs for games, and being harder to program for, so it might not be in a developers best interest to port over a Wii Babiez Golf game or whatever. Some developers tho might ignore all of that and see the move as a place to get their foot in the door using the Move to make cheaply made generic gimmicky titles. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I really hope the cheap crap titles will be kept on the Playstation Store, rather than cluttering up brick and motar stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
so who is actually getting one? i might but not when it comes out probably next winter.
I'm pretty much the same as Havok, wasn't to enthused before, but this recent info has me more inclined to buy it than I was before. The sports game (especially after the bow and arrow demo at E3) looks fun, a boxing game could be fun, but it's going to be FPS (or 3rd person shooters for that matter like RE5 possibly) and action adventure/action RPG titles that get me to buy this. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they have planned. If I start seeing titles I really like, or overwhelming support for it in more main stream titles, I will probably get it. If it gets close to launch and I still don't see anything I like, then I might wait until it goes down in price and better games launch for it before I think about picking it up.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #84
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
Honestly, I don't see the point in Shoot. They could have easily made a better graphic'd game for the currently existing Guncon. An on the rails shooter just doesn't seem right for the Move IMO. Now FPS games and a medieval weapon action adventure are the types of games that will get me to buy this. Watching the sword and shield demo at E3 is what first made me even think about wanting it as I could see a Zelda type game with enhanced controls and PS3 level graphics being very fun. Some genres just don't seem right tho, and Shoot looks to be the same kind of crap shovelware the Wii gets.

About Wii ports, I'm on the border of that. On one hand I think it puts the PS3 in the best position overall for titles. Most PS3 exclusives are pure PS3 exclusives. While 360 exclusives can be bought for PC, and Nintendo...well it's Nintendo you'll never see Mario on anything else, and if you want Mario or Zelda you buy a Nintendo console. Past that tho, the PS3 will now share multiplat games with the 360, Wii, and PC. So it has the most possible consoles to share titles with, on top of having the most first party developers. This could be a good thing for Sony.

On the other hand this could also mean seeing some of the Wii's shovelware coming over. Some of this might be offset by the PS3 not having the same audience, higher production costs for games, and being harder to program for, so it might not be in a developers best interest to port over a Wii Babiez Golf game or whatever. Some developers tho might ignore all of that and see the move as a place to get their foot in the door using the Move to make cheaply made generic gimmicky titles. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I really hope the cheap crap titles will be kept on the Playstation Store, rather than cluttering up brick and motar stores.

I'm pretty much the same as Havok, wasn't to enthused before, but this recent info has me more inclined to buy it than I was before. The sports game (especially after the bow and arrow demo at E3) looks fun, a boxing game could be fun, but it's going to be FPS (or 3rd person shooters for that matter like RE5 possibly) and action adventure/action RPG titles that get me to buy this. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they have planned. If I start seeing titles I really like, or overwhelming support for it in more main stream titles, I will probably get it. If it gets close to launch and I still don't see anything I like, then I might wait until it goes down in price and better games launch for it before I think about picking it up.
the shooter on rails is old school but probably still as fun as it used to be. The hard thing with straight up fps with motion control is that moving the controller to the side of the screen to pan is a pain in the ass. Unless they can get that to feel natural, it's going to be hard to implement.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #85
Fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
PS3's motion controller comes in different colors

Btw, I do like this more than 360's Project Natal; I believe that the controller is needed if they want to provide some depth to the games. Without controller, the games will be alot more restricted and therefore unable to expand upon the technology later.
Personally I look at them for different things. I see Natal being better for immersion rather than gaming. I really don't see Mass Effect being anymore enjoyable using Natal than I do with it using a controller. I also can see tracking problems, especially in dimmer lit rooms, with Natal. Or accidental moves, like scratching your nose and by accident setting off a rocket launcher and team killing someone. However I can see it being good for something like what was shown with Milo (as creepy and partially staged as it was), walking around, talking, and interacting within a set stage. I could see a Heavy Rain type noir detective drama working well with Natal if they make a room and you can walk around and pick up clues. I also suspect you'd have to clear a LOT of room to use Natal properly or the camera can't see all of you (like with using your foot to press the gas petal in that racing demo).

I see the Move being better for gaming. Move has the same benefit as Natal in camera tracking, but it has the added benefits of even more accurate tracking via the glowing ball on the Move itself. Plus it has buttons, an analog stick, rumble, and so on. I could see myself actually having fun in an FPS with the Move, where I think it would be a pain with Natal.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #86
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:

What Im afraid of is if this gives them an excuse to get lazy and simply create more Wii pors. For example, the upcoming Prince of Persia game, like many multiplaform game will be 2 different experiences on the PS3/360 and the Wii. They share the same name but have different story and control scheme. Im afraid that instead of creating two different versions, they create the 1 that would have only been on the Wii on the PS3, just with better graphics. Tack on DS3 support so its accessible to everyone, and they eliminate huge developmental costs by having 2 different teams work on the two different versions. I think I can see this happening with some future titles

Old 03-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #87
Union Jack
defender of the realm

hmm doesn't look as impressive as natel...i have a ps3 and wii,the x box natal jobby looked alot better than this to play games with no controller is a bigger step.
this is just an updated wii controller..only more expensive.
i wish they'd crack on with virtual reality type stuff... natal has this on the brink..to play resident evil virtual would be scary and awesome!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #88
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

Meh. Meh to this situation!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #89
Havok83
Side-Kick

The EyePet will FINALLY come to NA this fall and have support for the PS Move

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-move-support/

Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #90
Fading

Just watched the actual presentation to this, gotta admit it was more impressive in motion than the articles I read on here were saying. I really thought it was an impressive showing. The fighting game, with the way the fighter actually leaned to the left or right when you did, and ducked when you did, and punched low, high, or anywhere you did...that was impressive. The gladiator game pretty much did the same, but even added in combos. The Eye Pet...can't see the difference inbetween the use of the Move and the old build, but still was nice. Then finally the way it was used in Socom 4 (despite it being a laggy pre-Alpha build of the game), again I was impressed.

Guess I'm saying that seeing it in motion, and hearing the presentator's seem genuinely passionate about it, and talking about doing innovative things and not just wrist twiches...I honestly am leaning towards a buy now, where before I was on the fence because for all the positives I saw plenty of negatives as well.

Is also good to hear the starter pack will come with a game, tho I expect that to be the sports champions deal. My only problem is games like that fighting game seem to need 2 Move's, and I'm not sure the starter pack comes with a sub controller. So looking at $100 for the pack (the Eye, Move, a game) + another move + a sub controller? Could get expensive, I probably won't be a day 1'er, might wait for a price drop if the games keep coming out like they have so far this year.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #91
Havok83
Side-Kick

I think it should be mentioend that the PS Eye nor the sub controller are needed for every game. The Move is the only component that will be necesary for all supported game. The Eye will be used for games that track player movement, like the Wii style stuff thats show like Move Party and The Superstar. Socom doesnt require it. The sub controller is purely optional as a DS3 can be used in its placed. The designed it to replicate the left side of the DS3 which is why it has the L1-3 buttons

As far as bundles, it looks like this will be what is offered.

1: one Move, an Eye, and one game, which will retail for "under $100."
2: one Move and a game
3: PS3 system, an Eye, and the Move.
4: one Move

http://www.gamepro.com/article/featu...thing-we-know/

Last edited by Havok83; 03-12-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #92
The Guardian
Forever In Darkness

Re: PS3 motion wand controllers

This is a great read and provides new insight on the tech in the MOVE!!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...n-move-article

Here is video of the puppet demonstration he was referring to, freaking awesome 1:1, BABY!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-10-sony/63129

The Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #93
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

Quote:
Most PS3 exclusives are pure PS3 exclusives. While 360 exclusives can be bought for PC, and Nintendo...well it's Nintendo you'll never see Mario on anything else, and if you want Mario or Zelda you buy a Nintendo console. Past that tho, the PS3 will now share multiplat games with the 360, Wii, and PC. So it has the most possible consoles to share titles with, on top of having the most first party developers. This could be a good thing for Sony.
This is a great thing for Sony, and the one thing i canīt understand about Microsoft.
Between the lack of first party developers and games going to the PC, is like Microsoft, at heart, doesnīt want people to buy a 360 due to the fact that there really is no reason to.
They even already said that they want Natal to go the PC, and Fable III might end there too....itīs pathetic, imo.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #94
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
This is a great thing for Sony, and the one thing i canīt understand about Microsoft.
Between the lack of first party developers and games going to the PC, is like Microsoft, at heart, doesnīt want people to buy a 360 due to the fact that there really is no reason to.
They even already said that they want Natal to go the PC, and Fable III might end there too....itīs pathetic, imo.
Microsoft is trying to get more people on board with Games for Windows Live. What's not to understand?

And what's pathetic about making your games available to more people?

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #95
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I might get this after they release enough games for it. I'll probably want to get the motion/eye bundle.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #96
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamar141 View Post
Microsoft is trying to get more people on board with Games for Windows Live. What's not to understand?
Since this generation started, i kept saying that Microsoft needs to choose between consoles or the PC...i still think the same.

Quote:
Why do you buy a console?
If you say the games...i rest my case.
The point is not having exclusives for braging rights, thatīs stupid; the point is, if there is no exclusives, why will anyone buy a console?
Think like this, take the PS3 and 360...

Imagine 50 games...
The PS3 has 50 exclusives; the 360 has 10 exclusives, because all the rest will be on the PC, and of those 40 games on the PC, 35 will be better.
Why will you get a 360?

Old 03-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #97
Fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamar141 View Post

Microsoft's collaboration on PC gaming confuses me from time to time. They pulled the PC version of Alan Wake. Gears for PC suffered, especially by making PC owners have to have a Live subscription (from what I've read on the matter) to play multiplayer, whether they owned 360's or not. Even tho most of the 360's exclusives appear on both, they don't seem to be putting in near the same effort on their PC front. It's almost like the PC gets a port because the programming is so similar to the 360 rather than them wanting to support PC gaming. Then when it comes to the big 360 exclusives like Halo or Natal (which I didn't know was seeing a PC version) they apparently go all out. Which in and of itself puzzles me as you'd think MS would have a stake in wanting PC gaming to be huge considering you need the newest version of windows as games advance, or that they'd want to be consistant with their PC/360 games.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #98
Havok83
Side-Kick

MS had quite a bit of momentum with their Games for Windows push a few years back and they completely dropped the ball.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #99
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Just checking the US Playstation site for Move and noticed something interesting. In the Featured Products on the bottom of the page, it lists all of the games that work with Move. One of them is GT5. Perhaps this was another reason the game was not released this month and pushed to later in the year. I'd like to know how it is utilized if it's true.

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/access...cph-98060.html

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII

Last edited by KALEL114; 03-14-2010 at 03:35 PM.
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #100
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Since this generation started, i kept saying that Microsoft needs to choose between consoles or the PC...i still think the same.
Why should they have to choose? I don't really understand your position.

Quote:
Why do you buy a console?
If you say the games...i rest my case.
The point is not having exclusives for braging rights, thatīs stupid; the point is, if there is no exclusives, why will anyone buy a console?
Think like this, take the PS3 and 360...

Imagine 50 games...
The PS3 has 50 exclusives; the 360 has 10 exclusives, because all the rest will be on the PC, and of those 40 games on the PC, 35 will be better.
Why will you get a 360?
Well, I would choose the 360 because I prefer to play my games sitting on the couch or in the floor with a controller in my hand. I don't care if the PC version is "better" (whatever that's supposed to mean.)

Quote:
Microsoft's collaboration on PC gaming confuses me from time to time. They pulled the PC version of Alan Wake. Gears for PC suffered, especially by making PC owners have to have a Live subscription (from what I've read on the matter) to play multiplayer, whether they owned 360's or not. Even tho most of the 360's exclusives appear on both, they don't seem to be putting in near the same effort on their PC front. It's almost like the PC gets a port because the programming is so similar to the 360 rather than them wanting to support PC gaming. Then when it comes to the big 360 exclusives like Halo or Natal (which I didn't know was seeing a PC version) they apparently go all out. Which in and of itself puzzles me as you'd think MS would have a stake in wanting PC gaming to be huge considering you need the newest version of windows as games advance, or that they'd want to be consistant with their PC/360 games.
Yeah, I agree. They only seem to port things to it because they can. It's obviously become some kind of half-assed afterthought. PC gamers seem to loathe it. I don't think console gamers could care less about it. It's a really peculiar corner Microsoft has painted themselves into with GFWL.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote