The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #26
afan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dream Superman Movie

Period peice just after WWII.
The usual cast of Daily Planet characters are sent to investigate strange reports regarding a remote island off of the South American coast. There they eventually encounter a super secret Nazi plot/project to conquer the world which involves the re-introduction of dinosaurs into the modern world(ala Jurassic park). The project is commanded by a truly despicable Nazi officer. Also on the island are many secret weapons that were developed late in WWII, but Nazi Germany was not capable of introducing them into the battlefield in the waning months of WWII, among them are some amazing super-robots!

Hey the thread says "dream" Superman, doesn't it?

Old 10-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #27
GreenKToo
In the fire

At this point? an annoucement that one is soon to be in the works.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #28
willemjoker
Side-Kick

This is obviously complete fantasy casting, as it involves pulling people from different parts of history in a funky time travel related thingo.

SUPERMAN / CLARK KENT

Jon Hamm (Mad Men)

LOIS LANE
Lauren Bacall (The Big Sleep)

LEX LUTHOR
Orson Welles (The Third Man) - He would of course have to lose weight.

PERRY WHITE

Frank Langella (Superman Returns)

JIMMY OLSEN

Jack Larson (Adventures of Superman)

willemjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #29
TheWrathOfGod
Banned User

I have said it before. My idea of Superman returns is the best...

Plot outline: In the mid 1990's Superman abandoned his neverending battle and left earth to persue a life for himself.After many years exploring the universe Supes returns to earth. His powers have vanished upon returning to earth. Clark returns to Metropolis to finds the city and the Daily Planet a much more cynical place. Jimmy Olsen once a young man full of hope has become a former War Correspondent missing his right arm. Olsen was lucky compared to Lois who didn't survive the event that cost Jimmy his arm and his optimisim.The Daily Planet is now a tabliod run by some woman in her 30's (Think Gail Weathers from Scream).Clark now a mortal man tries to reconncect with Jimmy, only to find out that Lois who had been captured by the Taliban proclaimed that Superman will save her moments before their camp was blown up. Clark now doing stupid human intrest stories profiles a fireman who has broncheal problems do to 9/11 clean up. The fireman as well as the people of earth have given up on Superman. In the midst of this Darksied and his Apokaliptian Armada have chosen earth as thier new outpost and ever since Superman left they have been slowly influencing the people of earth into a global war with one another.Darksied and his Doomsday creatures boom tube down to Metropolis and within two days conquer the whole world with little resistance from an inferior human military and a demoralized populace.Facing his guilt over abandoning Earth, being unable to stop Darksied and alowing Lois to raped and executed by the Taliban- Clark Kent goes to some innercity traintracks to kill himself. Clark gets hit by a train, the Train screeches to a halt after slamming into an imeasurable mass- Clark is unharmed, his powers have returned.The elderly black conducter gets out of the train to make sure Clark is unharmed. The Conducter asks if Clark is alright, Clark readjusts his glasses and fumbles for some excuse as to why he is unharmed. The Conducter smiles and says, "It's good to have you back Supes!"
The co-conducter asks The Conductor what stopped the train?
"A big blue bird!!!" The Conductor replies.

Clark goes into his athouritative Superman voice and tells him to keep a secret-Clark flies away.SOME CRAPPY THIRD WORLD COUNTRY: Some kids are playing soccer and their ball hits an Apokaliptian Doomsday Stormtrooper- who is now about to execute the two kids, Superman in full costume swoops in and saves the day- telling the children to play more carfully with their ball.Darksied finds out that Superman is back so he has his Apokaliptian Armada fight him. AWESOME 30 MINUTE CGI BATTLE.Darksied is upset that Superman creamed his henchmen so Darksied and Supes duke it out all over the planet IN A MASSIVE BATTLE FOR 20 MINUTES.The battle climaxes in Times Square with Darksied firing his omega beams at Supes, Supes punches the beams like in the Flischer Cartoons and puts his hands over Darksied's eyes.DARKSIED EXPLODES LIKE AGENT SMITH.Superman is buried in rubble after the fight, he is knocked out.The Fireman with his air tank (and his anthropamorphised Dog) from earlier digs out the seemingly lifeless body of Superman.Superman comes too, the mayor and other bystanders thank him for saving the world, Jimmy hands Superman his tattered Cape with his picher hand, with a youthful smile- Jimmy is optimistic and naive again. The remaining Apokaliptian Doomsday Monsters tell Superman that he is their new leader, Superman tells them that he is not their leader because they are free now. "What is Free???" says a Monster. Superman gives a corny explanation of Freedom, a Doomsday monster smiles inocently and shakes hands with the fireman's dog.Superman smiles, as do we.
Cut to Clark entering a some what damaged Daily Planet, the Editor Chick berates Clark for not covering the Apokiliptian invasion and the triumphant return of Superman. Clark comes is about come up with an excuse. The Editor Chick stops him- "Tell me over dinner Kent" she says. **beat** "Hey Kent, you look better without the glasses" she adds, The Editor Chick removes clarks glasses and kisses Clark.
Clark and the Editor Chick have a lame romantic moment. Clark hands the Editor Chick his glasses, "I'll need those latter.'' he says.
Clark runs off undoing his tie.
The Editor Chick asks Jimmy Olsen where Clark is going... " I don't know, but he's here to stay" Jimmy say with a smile.

SUPERMAN FLYBY-END!

"THE MAN OF TOMORROW RESUMES HIS NEVER-ENDING BATTLE; FOR TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY!!!"

Last edited by TheWrathOfGod; 10-09-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: context
TheWrathOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #30
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

hmmm i dont know how well over that would go.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #31
Sam
Im Always Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
They've redesigned him since, into this...

And if these inks for the fifth issue of SO are any indicator, it's not going to get much better...

...is it really that hard to come up with a bad@$$ design for Metallo that DOESN'T invoke either the T-101 or Iron Man? I love Frank's art as much as anyone else, but this I have a harder time with than the 'Chris Reeve, Age 8' thing.

This is a good example of what I meant when I said that I usually like bits and pieces of the various origin re-tellings, but never the whole thing.
They are trying to evocate and update silver age design.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathOfGod View Post
I have said it before. My idea of Superman returns is the best...

Plot outline: In the mid 1990's Superman abandoned his neverending battle and left earth to persue a life for himself.After many years exploring the universe Supes returns to earth. His powers have vanished upon returning to earth. Clark returns to Metropolis to finds the city and the Daily Planet a much more cynical place. Jimmy Olsen once a young man full of hope has become a former War Correspondent missing his right arm. Olsen was lucky compared to Lois who didn't survive the event that cost Jimmy his arm and his optimisim.The Daily Planet is now a tabliod run by some woman in her 30's (Think Gail Weathers from Scream).Clark now a mortal man tries to reconncect with Jimmy, only to find out that Lois who had been captured by the Taliban proclaimed that Superman will save her moments before their camp was blown up. Clark now doing stupid human intrest stories profiles a fireman who has broncheal problems do to 9/11 clean up. The fireman as well as the people of earth have given up on Superman. In the midst of this Darksied and his Apokaliptian Armada have chosen earth as thier new outpost and ever since Superman left they have been slowly influencing the people of earth into a global war with one another.Darksied and his Doomsday creatures boom tube down to Metropolis and within two days conquer the whole world with little resistance from an inferior human military and a demoralized populace.Facing his guilt over abandoning Earth, being unable to stop Darksied and alowing Lois to raped and executed by the Taliban- Clark Kent goes to some innercity traintracks to kill himself. Clark gets hit by a train, the Train screeches to a halt after slamming into an imeasurable mass- Clark is unharmed, his powers have returned.The elderly black conducter gets out of the train to make sure Clark is unharmed. The Conducter asks if Clark is alright, Clark readjusts his glasses and fumbles for some excuse as to why he is unharmed. The Conducter smiles and says, "It's good to have you back Supes!"
The co-conducter asks The Conductor what stopped the train?
"A big blue bird!!!" The Conductor replies.

Clark goes into his athouritative Superman voice and tells him to keep a secret-Clark flies away.SOME CRAPPY THIRD WORLD COUNTRY: Some kids are playing soccer and their ball hits an Apokaliptian Doomsday Stormtrooper- who is now about to execute the two kids, Superman in full costume swoops in and saves the day- telling the children to play more carfully with their ball.Darksied finds out that Superman is back so he has his Apokaliptian Armada fight him. AWESOME 30 MINUTE CGI BATTLE.Darksied is upset that Superman creamed his henchmen so Darksied and Supes duke it out all over the planet IN A MASSIVE BATTLE FOR 20 MINUTES.The battle climaxes in Times Square with Darksied firing his omega beams at Supes, Supes punches the beams like in the Flischer Cartoons and puts his hands over Darksied's eyes.DARKSIED EXPLODES LIKE AGENT SMITH.Superman is buried in rubble after the fight, he is knocked out.The Fireman with his air tank (and his anthropamorphised Dog) from earlier digs out the seemingly lifeless body of Superman.Superman comes too, the mayor and other bystanders thank him for saving the world, Jimmy hands Superman his tattered Cape with his picher hand, with a youthful smile- Jimmy is optimistic and naive again. The remaining Apokaliptian Doomsday Monsters tell Superman that he is their new leader, Superman tells them that he is not their leader because they are free now. "What is Free???" says a Monster. Superman gives a corny explanation of Freedom, a Doomsday monster smiles inocently and shakes hands with the fireman's dog.Superman smiles, as do we.
Cut to Clark entering a some what damaged Daily Planet, the Editor Chick berates Clark for not covering the Apokiliptian invasion and the triumphant return of Superman. Clark comes is about come up with an excuse. The Editor Chick stops him- "Tell me over dinner Kent" she says. **beat** "Hey Kent, you look better without the glasses" she adds, The Editor Chick removes clarks glasses and kisses Clark.
Clark and the Editor Chick have a lame romantic moment. Clark hands the Editor Chick his glasses, "I'll need those latter.'' he says.
Clark runs off undoing his tie.
The Editor Chick asks Jimmy Olsen where Clark is going... " I don't know, but he's here to stay" Jimmy say with a smile.

SUPERMAN FLYBY-END!

"THE MAN OF TOMORROW RESUMES HIS NEVER-ENDING BATTLE; FOR TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY!!!"

Me know who you AM!

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #33
The Guard
Side-Kick

[quote]They are trying to evocate and update silver age design.[quote]

Why?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #34
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well johns does favor silver age a bit more right?

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #35
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
They are trying to evocate and update silver age design.

Yeah, I figured that, but there's gotta be a better way of doing it.

For starters, I'd have ditched the bright orange and green in favor of Army-camo brown and green - which could lend itself to the idea of Metallo being some sort of military prototype. I'd have also done something different with his head to make it look less like he's wearing an armor suit without him sliding back into Terminator-ripoff territory, and I'd probably move the chest aperture over onto one of his breasts like the way he was designed for "The Batman".

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #36
The Guard
Side-Kick

Whereas I just think he looks like complete crap.

And if I'm right
Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #37
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

That Green, Orange thing is Metallo?

Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #38
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

why was metallo green and orange in those older comics? personally i rather go more silver/black look with him having human looking skin and all that, and then it gets damaged/burned off and we get more of the robot look. But then we get into the whole oh it looks like terminator rip off territory and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #39
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I'm not a fan of the human skin terminator look underneath the face. I like the face and chest area in the Gary Frank picture.

Webhead I agree with the silver/black look being one way to go. Even if they just did the black with the glowing green it would look great and differentiate it from looking like the T800. His character has a lot of potential. I saw the episode on smallville and one thing I did like is some of the background to the character of loosing his sister to an escaped convict that superman saved in a prison bus crash. I think that has a lot of potential as a story that could really be fleshed out. I think next week the dc solicits come out and the gary frank picture should be in colour. This thread is quickly turning into the metallo thread, lol.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #40
The Guard
Side-Kick

And if I'm right
Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #41
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Which type of look for metallo do you like, the more terminator based one or would you like something completely different. I really think metallo is one of those villains that is in dire need of a great design.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
The Guard
Side-Kick

Completely different.

And if I'm right
Old 10-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #43
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

I'm just fine with Metallo looking like a T-800 with green eyes.

WB owns DC comics (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and WB also owns the current rights to the Terminator.

So fine, hes a Terminator Ripoff with SuperStrength and a Kryptonite heart, but I like him that way.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #44
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea lol it doesnt really matter what they go with as long as the character turns out good. I would def love to get to see metallo as big screen threat for superman. As for smallville's metallo that was a great episode and i too liked the little background on why that john corben didnt like "The Blur" aka clark kent.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #45
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
I'm just fine with Metallo looking like a T-800 with green eyes.

WB owns DC comics (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and WB also owns the current rights to the Terminator.

So fine, hes a Terminator Ripoff with SuperStrength and a Kryptonite heart, but I like him that way.
They don't own the rights I think they just distributed the film. I really couldnt care less for the t-800 design and basically he is a terminator rip-off in terms of look and thats why they need something unique to him. Especially with the whole heart of kryptonite and the best design they got is a t-800, they should let jim lee try something with him.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #46
Fresh Prince
Banned User

A Death of Superman movie.

Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #47
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

that would be a cool film to see since we only got to see that in various animated forms. Though for me in a film series i would make death of superman the second film out of a planned 3 film series.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #48
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
They don't own the rights I think they just distributed the film. I really couldnt care less for the t-800 design and basically he is a terminator rip-off in terms of look and thats why they need something unique to him. Especially with the whole heart of kryptonite and the best design they got is a t-800, they should let jim lee try something with him.
Good point.

Being that Jim Lee is my favorite comic artist, and he has a great track record for making very good designs, I think letting him go at it on Metallo would be a great idea.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #49
Fresh Prince
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
that would be a cool film to see since we only got to see that in various animated forms. Though for me in a film series i would make death of superman the second film out of a planned 3 film series.
Yeah like in the first flick Superman prepares for Doomsday, then second have the epic fight and die, and third Supermen protect Metropolis, but at the end of the film Superman comes back to life.

Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #50
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea let the first film have brainiac or metallo but then at end of the film leave a hint about doomsday. Then second film would be about doomsday and supes fighting. Supes "dies" at the end of the film along with doomsday too. Then 3rd film returns to life and......

www.ItsJustMovies.com