The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Fight Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
Wilderbeast
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 131
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Avengers

Wilderbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #27
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
You don't think that would be Thor matching up on Supes and Iron Man on (if Stark gets his way...) Wonder Woman..?
No, DC's got a speed advantage. They decide the play.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #28
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

On paper, Thor has a speed advantage as well. Problem with that as well as the DC crew is that they rarely use it.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #29
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Thor and Iron Man are nowhere near Superman and Wonder Woman's level of speed.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #30
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Thor theoretically can move as fast as "lightning", however he uses his speed FAR less frequently than Superman or Diana.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #31
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
Thor and Iron Man are nowhere near Superman and Wonder Woman's level of speed.
Even Hela, a fellow god, said Thor moves faster han can be comprehended, aster than the eye can follow. He blew by Quicksilver and he didn't even see him.

Thor has the speed to set the play as well as Superman or WW.

Save the DC 'we hae the only real speedsters' elitism at the door.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #32
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Thor doesn't use his speed as much as Clark or Diana do.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Which isn't saying much seeing as neither of those 2 use them in battles 90% of the time. Thor doesn't use his 95% of the time.

Dosn't mean that ability evaporates.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #34
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

More like 99% of the time. Thor's speed is a non-factor and that Quicksilver can't see him isn't really impressive. For most of his career, Quicksilver could barely out-run a Ferrari. Supes and Wondy can go just short of the speed of light and have demonstrated these speeds regularly.

Either way you do it, that's still two speedsters on the side of DC, as opposed to one - who is already out of their league - on Marvel's side.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #35
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman stalls Thor.
Superman takes out Iron Man.
Batman stalemates with Captain America.
Superman and Wonder Woman double on Thor, beat him.
The three of them take out Captain America.
Despite my love of the Avengers I'd be inclined to agree with this...EXCEPT....

I don't think Wonder Woman can hold her own with Thor, let alone stall himif he cuts loose on her. I'm not taking anything away from Wonder Woman just giving Thor his due.

Course he might not cut loose on her seeing as how he rarely cuts loose on anyone, and he might undersestimate her on account of her being a woman.

But here's the catch, Superman isn't going to go all out on Iron Man. Heck Supes might just hold back enough that Tony (who never has any qualms about using the big guns) to stall Kal-el long enough for Harl's scenario to unfold in the opposite direction.

So my vote...after talking myself into it...the Avengers

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #36
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem
 
bkhedr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frak!!!
Posts: 3,529
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Just to be clear I choose not to address the speed issue because the whole speed attribute is out of hand in DC to the point where it doesn't make sense to me anymore. (to be honest most everything in the DCU looks like a crowded mess to me)

In any case if Supes didn't use his speed when fighting Doomsday, why would he use it against Iron Man?

__________________
Cedat Fortuna Peritis - Skill is better than luck

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 AM   #37
Majic Walrus
Faster than an Iceberg.
 
Majic Walrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 425 Hackart ave, Gotham City
Posts: 9,777
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr View Post
Despite my love of the Avengers I'd be inclined to agree with this...EXCEPT....

I don't think Wonder Woman can hold her own with Thor, let alone stall himif he cuts loose on her. I'm not taking anything away from Wonder Woman just giving Thor his due.

Course he might not cut loose on her seeing as how he rarely cuts loose on anyone, and he might undersestimate her on account of her being a woman.

But here's the catch, Superman isn't going to go all out on Iron Man. Heck Supes might just hold back enough that Tony (who never has any qualms about using the big guns) to stall Kal-el long enough for Harl's scenario to unfold in the opposite direction.

So my vote...after talking myself into it...the Avengers
It wont' matter though. The only one of the Avengers that can even tough Kal is Thor. You've already said WW is stalling Thor. It doesn't matter if Tony uses EVERYTHING in his arsenal. Unless his arsenal starting coming equipped with Kryptonite based weapons and magic wands... The Avengers are going to get ****ed.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Battousai View Post
I almost thought you were being serious, but then I remembered that this is the internet :up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
Agreed Walrus.
Majic Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #38
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,184
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic Walrus View Post
It wont' matter though. The only one of the Avengers that can even tough Kal is Thor. You've already said WW is stalling Thor. It doesn't matter if Tony uses EVERYTHING in his arsenal. Unless his arsenal starting coming equipped with Kryptonite based weapons and magic wands... The Avengers are going to get ****ed.
Thor's got a pretty f***ing big magic wand...

And I think you'll find he said WW ISN'T stalling Thor.

That said, I still think Supes, WW and Bats take it out as a three.

Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr View Post
Just to be clear I choose not to address the speed issue because the whole speed attribute is out of hand in DC to the point where it doesn't make sense to me anymore. (to be honest most everything in the DCU looks like a crowded mess to me)

In any case if Supes didn't use his speed when fighting Doomsday, why would he use it against Iron Man?
Exactly. Maybe it'll penetrate coming from someone else.

DC's speed rankings are a mixed bag of nonsensical crud and yet any random DC fan will proclaim that _____ is faster than about anyone in Marvel.

As to the D-Day example, that just highlights my point. Supes and WW are about as likely to use his speed as Thor. Period.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #40
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

It's not about speed in battle. It's about speed in determining who gets to fight who. If Wonder Woman is on Thor and Superman on Iron Man before either opponent can even move, that gives the DCers the advantage.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #41
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Yeah, if the Avengers are fighting a defensive battle from the get go, they're at a disadvantage.

Let's face it, these six are among the best of the best in their respective universes, so none of them are going to be push overs. This is probably going to be a drawn out battle.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #42
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

I agree SF and I'll take that cue to agree to disagree.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #43
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Well if my tallying is correct the final score is 6 (including Hound's vote) to 5 for Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I'll post the next match up soon.

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #44
Majic Walrus
Faster than an Iceberg.
 
Majic Walrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 425 Hackart ave, Gotham City
Posts: 9,777
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Thor's got a pretty f***ing big magic wand...

And I think you'll find he said WW ISN'T stalling Thor.

That said, I still think Supes, WW and Bats take it out as a three.
Oh. Then you're just wrong.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Battousai View Post
I almost thought you were being serious, but then I remembered that this is the internet :up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
Agreed Walrus.
Majic Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #45
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

The next match, ladies and gentlemen:


SPIDER-MAN, SCARLET WITCH and INVISIBLE WOMAN




vs.


GREEN LANTERN, AQUAMAN and ZATANNA


Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #46
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker
 
Johnny Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Reality
Posts: 21,097
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

As much as I hate to vote for Hal, he, along with Aquaman and Zatanna, take it.

Maybe if it was cosmic Spidey, but a GL is just out of his league. Sue's the real wild card in this, but I don't think she'll be enough to tip the scales.

__________________
"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
Johnny Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #47
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

This all comes down to whether or not the Marvel team can keep Zatanna quiet before she says something to end the fight, which is certainly possible, although it'd be extremely hard with Hal and Arthur running interference.

DC wins.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #48
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
This all comes down to whether or not the Marvel team can keep Zatanna quiet before she says something to end the fight, which is certainly possible, although it'd be extremely hard with Hal and Arthur running interference.

DC wins.
I could picture Sue using her force field powers to make a bubble around Zatanna's head to cut off her oxygen until she passes out, or Wanda using her hex magic to make Zee's spells backfire. However, you're correct in Hal and Arthur most likely interfering before they can do that if Spidey can't keep them both busy long enough for Sue or Wanda to complete that task

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #49
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
I could picture Sue using her force field powers to make a bubble around Zatanna's head to cut off her oxygen until she passes out, or Wanda using her hex magic to make Zee's spells backfire. However, you're correct in Hal and Arthur most likely interfering before they can do that if Spidey can't keep them both busy long enough for Sue or Wanda to complete that task
Zee would be able to talk in th bubble and I'm not sure how well Wanda's powers would work against her magic. Spidey actually has the best chance of stopping her, providing he can realize that she uses magic words to cast spells and can web up her mouth fast enough.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #50
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: The Marvel/DC "3 vs. 3" Battle thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
Zee would be able to talk in th bubble and I'm not sure how well Wanda's powers would work against her magic. Spidey actually has the best chance of stopping her, providing he can realize that she uses magic words to cast spells and can web up her mouth fast enough.
Quite true. I forgot Spidey could use his webbing. He is pretty smart, so maybe at some point he'll figure that out. He is pretty good at figuring out his opponent's weaknesses eventually

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.