The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 12-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #101
Baggers
Midnight Vigilante

Default Re: New Superhero Show 'MISFITS' on E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggers View Post
http://misfits2.channel4.com/MisfitsBoard.php <---go to "Dinner Date": the answer to what happens to Simon's girlfriend...
After watching more vids on the Channel 4 Misfit site, It's fun to see
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Superhoodie aka FutureSimon putting secret cams up over the Community Centre, that explains where and when he knew the Asbo 5 were, the little vids are cool and very clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1 View Post
I'm fine with time travel and F!Simon

I don't think that Alisha would have even been in the way of the gunshot if F!Simon hadn't saved the crew so many times. He created his own death, from the ground up, not just in that moment.

Case in Point: Saving his own life with a bag of peanuts. If that situation would have happened without him being there, then there couldn't be a future Simon to save himself. Everything from the moment that he picked up Nathan on his bike is not only different from his native timeline, but different in exactly the way he wants it to be different. The thing that would have killed Alisha we never see. Alisha would never even be up for going after Game Guy without Future Simon's influence in the first place.

The thing so interesting about the future is that one day powers become 'available' in some way, such as Future Simon being able to touch Alisha, or Future Curtis being able to fly, it seems. I'd even wager something on Future New Girl's scar not being there anymore. That's interesting.
Wonder without Superhoodies' help how they would of got out of the "Scary Virgin/Christian/Bodysnacther" style Lady from the Series 1 finale and the Tattoo situations. Also wonder how, when and if Nathan actually got out of the Grave, cause without Superhoodie he would still be there lol

Old 12-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #102
Siby
Side-Kick

Another great episode but the whole ape thing was bizarre. It is so refreshing to have such creativity from the writers. Kelly should never be out of the orange jumpsuits.

The costumes were awesome! I loved how they handled the whole thing.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 AM   #103
Casius--J
Web Master

Wow the last episode was very sexually charged, what were the writers and director going through during production? LOL

Another good episode but a couple of points too

I too thought Kellys new boyfriend was a dog or something the way he kept dogging her

So Kurtis doesnt become a superhero but rather it was just a costume party, quite interesting.

Loved the superhero team shot at the end, it was brilliant.

Casius--J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #104
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Can I just say that Misfits actually makes me proud of Britian, for finally producing a fantasy tv show that doesn't suck

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #105
Baggers
Midnight Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Can I just say that Misfits actually makes me proud of Britian, for finally producing a fantasy tv show that doesn't suck
Hell yes!!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #106
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Tonights episode was such a letdown. Very entertaining until
Curtis once again turns back time
therefore making the entire experience pointless. All the
character development with Simon and Alisha is also reset to the start of the episode
. What was the point? Having characters
such as Curtis, who can turn back time, and Nathan, who cant be killed
in the show is ruining all the suspense.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #107
Baggers
Midnight Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMylesOBoogie View Post
character development with Simon and Alisha is also reset to the start of the episode
I know what you mean, but I thought it was an okayish ep, not the best from this series tho
Loved the ep tho when Simon put his hood up and went all badass, also liked the interaction with Alisha and Simon, and Simon finding out his destiny, sucks that was all unwritten, but from the looks of next week's ep maybe Simon and Alisha going to have that "little chat" again in this timeline, also how crazy and badass did Simon look saying "I'm going to kill Jesus Christ!!" in next week's promo. He doesn't look like the FutureSimon we seen, what causes him to be that crazed and does this mean we start to see the begining of Superhoodie?? Also good to see Milk-Boy think of something to stop Nathan aka Captain Invincible instead of killing him, who would of thought a "Milk power" would of been so dangerous

Overall guys who been your fave Misfit "Villain", enemy of the week so far?? Mine has to be Rachel Leyton or Lucy both were great villains too the Asbo 5, Finn the baby was funny tho lol. Overall villain tho has gotta go to Sally, cause she's the one that came close to stopping them and finding out about Tony...

Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #108
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

I loved last nights episode, however I can see why
Misfits using Curtis's power as a quick get out clause is anoying one or two people, however that one little gripe aside I thought last nights episode was great, Nathan again was on fine form and we got to see the potential that is in Simon, the scene where he pulls on the hood while walking straight to camera was amazing

Can't wait for the Christmas episode and hopefully series three (fingers crossed)

Misfits series two has been one of (if not THE) best shows on TV this year bravo

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #109
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Yeah the ending was a bit of a cop out and you could see it coming a mile away but it was still a good episode. The Hotel reminded me of the hotel in the shining. At times Misfits has an almost horror movie feel.

I thought the villain this week was great Lé Grand Fromagé

As others had said who knew manipulating dairy products could be such an dangerous superpower he was like a milky Magneto.

Do you think they killed him?
We saw Curtis punch him but I wonder if they murdered him

The scene of Simon finding out he is Superhoodie was great. The Alisha and Simon plot has really been the heart of series 2.

It was funny the matter of fact way their publicist/agent took to the fact they killed people

Nathans triple story was gross and funny. I'm still not even sure Curtis actully likes Nathan.

If any of the probation workers deserved to die it was this one he was really a douchebag.

Roll on the Christmas Special!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #110
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know what you mean, but I thought it was an okayish ep, not the best from this series tho
Loved the ep tho when Simon put his hood up and went all badass, also liked the interaction with Alisha and Simon, and Simon finding out his destiny, sucks that was all unwritten, but from the looks of next week's ep maybe Simon and Alisha going to have that "little chat" again in this timeline, also how crazy and badass did Simon look saying "I'm going to kill Jesus Christ!!" in next week's promo. He doesn't look like the FutureSimon we seen, what causes him to be that crazed and does this mean we start to see the begining of Superhoodie?? Also good to see Milk-Boy think of something to stop Nathan aka Captain Invincible instead of killing him, who would of thought a "Milk power" would of been so dangerous

Overall guys who been your fave Misfit "Villain", enemy of the week so far?? Mine has to be Rachel Leyton or Lucy both were great villains too the Asbo 5, Finn the baby was funny tho lol. Overall villain tho has gotta go to Sally, cause she's the one that came close to stopping them and finding out about Tony...

Simon and Alisha's development or "little chat" was the most frustrating thing because we know it's coming and we'll have to sit through it all over again. If they haven't outed themselves and gone public now it also means that we are faced with a different future than the superhoodie came from as he had the video of Alisha's interview but yet his future they obviously went public but didnt get killed the the milk guy. It doesn't make sense.
I wish it were all just planned and thought out a little better.

I did love the villian this week.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #111
Baggers
Midnight Vigilante

Quote:
Simon and Alisha's development or "little chat" was the most frustrating thing because we know it's coming and we'll have to sit through it all over again. If they haven't outed themselves and gone public now it also means that we are faced with a different future than the superhoodie came from as he had the video of Alisha's interview but yet his future they obviously went public but didnt get killed the the milk guy. It doesn't make sense.
I wish it were all just planned and thought out a little better.

I did love the villian this week.
That's very true, Superhoodie's future was the one that they "became" famous, still don't understand how he lived thru that future to come back to become Superhoodie, maybe something else different happened, like him "going underground" for good and not visiting Nathan. But then Alisha would of still died and him and her wouldn't of had that future together aka Vegas photo. So what was really Superhoodie's future, hmmm...So thinking that this is a different timeline and future to FutureSimon's, anything could happen now. So Simon could become all Anti-Hoodie, or Dark-Hoodie style?? I hope not, I wanna start seeing the beginings of Superhoodie (the only thing that sucks tho, is for the circle to be complete, our Simon will still need to go back in time to make sure everything happens right, that means he'll have to achieve his our destiny: his death to save Alisha time travel sucks at times lol. (Talking about time travel loved his Terminator convo sooo geeky, something me and my mates would do lol) so does that mean we will see Simon go back at some point?? maybe series finale, or could this mean, we could lose him from the show altogether

Thanx to facebook Misfits page:

Quote:
Misfits We are thrilled to confirm that Misfits will be back for Series 3 in the Autumn. With our biggest audience ever of 1.2 milliion last night we hope you'll all be very happy! Don't forget to see the gang off this Sunday with the Christmas Special at 10pm on E4 .
http://www.facebook.com/#!/e4misfits

Great news!!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #112
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Glad to hear they are coming back for a third series.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #113
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
I don't think it was pointless. Curtis remembers it all, and because of that, they will never
go public again
and I think it was neccesary to explain why a character like Nathan wouldn't try to make money out of it. It's also the only show in which that scenario would happen, so it was fun to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Yeah the ending was a bit of a cop out and you could see it coming a mile away but it was still a good episode. The Hotel reminded me of the hotel in the shining. At times Misfits has an almost horror movie feel.

I thought the villain this week was great Lé Grand Fromagé

As others had said who knew manipulating dairy products could be such an dangerous superpower he was like a milky Magneto.

Do you think they killed him?
We saw Curtis punch him but I wonder if they murdered him

The scene of Simon finding out he is Superhoodie was great. The Alisha and Simon plot has really been the heart of series 2.

It was funny the matter of fact way their publicist/agent took to the fact they killed people

Nathans triple story was gross and funny. I'm still not even sure Curtis actully likes Nathan.

If any of the probation workers deserved to die it was this one he was really a douchebag.

Roll on the Christmas Special!
Thing is, they can't have Curtis be completely useless, he has to use his powers sometimes, and so far I don't think they've over used it at all.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #114
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Its funny how some characters on the show have complete control of their superpowers and others don't. I wonder how come Nathans new power of seeing the recentley dead stayed after their powers went loopy when the others didn't

Last edited by chamber-music; 12-17-2010 at 08:20 AM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #115
Baggers
Midnight Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Its funny how some characters on the show have complete control of their superpowers and others don't. I wonder how come Nathans new power of seeing the recentley dead stayed after their powers went loopy when the others didn't
Maybe
cause he is both alive and dead, he has peek over into the "otherworld" maybe the pill they had just opened up a part of his powers he never used before. To think about it, it has to be something to do with the pill, cause loads of people died last series and he never saw any of them "return". Unless it had to have him to death first time around for the new part of his power to kick in?? to be fair, no one died before his brother did they after Nathan was saved from the grave?? Not really sure lol, was good to see Nathan go all hero like too when he found out Kelly was killed, wonder if those two will ever get it on. We know Nathan still has feelings for her, still don't now why tho lol

Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #116
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's very true, Superhoodie's future was the one that they "became" famous, still don't understand how he lived thru that future to come back to become Superhoodie, maybe something else different happened, like him "going underground" for good and not visiting Nathan. But then Alisha would of still died and him and her wouldn't of had that future together aka Vegas photo. So what was really Superhoodie's future, hmmm...So thinking that this is a different timeline and future to FutureSimon's, anything could happen now. So Simon could become all Anti-Hoodie, or Dark-Hoodie style?? I hope not, I wanna start seeing the beginings of Superhoodie (the only thing that sucks tho, is for the circle to be complete, our Simon will still need to go back in time to make sure everything happens right, that means he'll have to achieve his our destiny: his death to save Alisha time travel sucks at times lol. (Talking about time travel loved his Terminator convo sooo geeky, something me and my mates would do lol) so does that mean we will see Simon go back at some point?? maybe series finale, or could this mean, we could lose him from the show altogether

Thanx to facebook Misfits page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/e4misfits

Great news!!
So many questions to answer that could have been avoided had they just been more carefull with the writing. Don't get me wrong it's still a very entertaining tv show but I think I was spoiled with how good episode 3 was and the hints of what was to come after it that the actual progression has been a letdown.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #117
Adenjo
Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Last nights Christmas special was brilliant, sad to see
the death of Nikki tho, I am hoping that Nathans new love/lust interest will stick around for series three.

An entertaining episode and a worthy eries finale for the excellent series two of Misfits

It isn't about looking realistic. It is about looking awesome.
[DarthSkywalker]

BAZINGA
For the Star Wars fans
MY VANITY THREAD

TWITTER the_midlander
Adenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:18 AM   #118
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

This show is brilliant. I really wish I was able to see this in America but thanks to the good ol' interweb I can watch it online. I JUST heard about this show last week and caught up. It's really something. F'n hilarious too.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #119
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Christmas special was awesome!

Oh my god the afterbirth scene was so gross and funny

My highlights
Simon in training to become the future simon.

Gross preggers girl who kept peeing while they were making out and simons reaction when he saw them.

Nathans tranny story and what it was like growing up in Ireland with the Catholic priests

Curtis saying Alisha raped him and they killed loads of people which I guess means Milky Magneto got dumped in the river like the rest of them

Super strong little guy kicking all their asses

A guy who deals in Superpowers was cool
Liked Simons Superman 2 reference.

The singing bit was weird but fun.

They may have different powers in the future

Last edited by chamber-music; 12-20-2010 at 06:32 AM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #120
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

well im guessing the black girl (im crap with names sorry) will change her power, as her old one was pretty useless, the rest had cool useful powers so they should keep them - although isnt curtis going to go back in time anyway to save his girlfriend meaning they never would have lost their powers, meaning they cant change them for other ones since they dont have the money......

i love time travel

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #121
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
well im guessing the black girl (im crap with names sorry) will change her power, as her old one was pretty useless, the rest had cool useful powers so they should keep them - although isnt curtis going to go back in time anyway to save his girlfriend meaning they never would have lost their powers, meaning they cant change them for other ones since they dont have the money......

i love time travel
They don't have time travel anymore since the dealer already sold it to someone else. On a slightly more 'meta' note, the writers probably got rid of it on purpose since - as people had previously mentioned - it was like having a reset button that could be used to resolve whatever problems they had.

As for what powers they will get next season, it depends on the budget. All their powers (with the possible exception of Simon's) are pretty much FX-free. If they have a bigger budget for next season, the showmakers might decide to go with something more visual.

And lastly, on a side note, the introduction of the dealer also solves the question as to how Future Simon got all his powers - he probably bought them from the dealer.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #122
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post

i love time travel
But the guy doesn't have Curtis' power to give back so Curtis will have to pick a new one....... unless the guy was BSin him but he seemed pretty adamant that he didn't have it.

Enjoyed the ep. Think it was a bit better than the series finale. Was expecting bit more of a show down with Jesus though... I also expected Jesus to have gained Nathans imortality.

We know that Jesus had Alishas power, Nikkis teleportation and some kind of telekinesis and they died with him so those should be out of the equation. I'm sure Nathan will want his imortality back. Future Simon did tell Alisha that things were different in the future, maybe this is what he meant.

And one thing I'd like to see the writes explore is a nemesis.. or reccuring villain. I don't want it to start heading into Heroes territory with government agencies tracking them down or big super powered fights or anything... but something on a low key level.. perhaps a rival gang of hoodies. It'd just be cool to see a villain come back, perhaps once every series or perhaps a villain arc stretching over a series, opposed to the villain of the week formula (which does work for Misfits)... During the very first episode of series one, I expected the original parole officer they killed to come back to life and become a recuring villain.

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #123
Casius--J
Web Master

Arghhh what a way to end the series now I have to wait almost a year to see what new powers they get!

But it was a good ending all in all, slight nit pick though...
In the previously clips at the beginning they show Alisha telling Simon that he's the guy in the mask, but Curtis reversed time to before Milk guy revealed himself on on TV so that conversation never actually happened. OK they probably re-had the convo but it was a bit sloppy.

I can't wait to see what powers they have next.

Casius--J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #124
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
And one thing I'd like to see the writes explore is a nemesis.. or reccuring villain. I don't want it to start heading into Heroes territory with government agencies tracking them down or big super powered fights or anything... but something on a low key level.. perhaps a rival gang of hoodies. It'd just be cool to see a villain come back, perhaps once every series or perhaps a villain arc stretching over a series, opposed to the villain of the week formula (which does work for Misfits)... During the very first episode of series one, I expected the original parole officer they killed to come back to life and become a recuring villain.
But in order to have a nemesis (or recurring enemy), the ASBO 5 would first have to give a ****! And... it requires actual effort on their part. That's two strikes against the idea.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #125
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

It was a good finale but I am kind of sad that they will be getting different powers since I wanted to see the original powers grow and they suit them so well.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote