The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #51
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Things you don't want to see happen in the next Superman movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
IMO Zod is overrated and don't get me started on Kara.

Yes.

I like to see some contrast at least in powers. Someone who does not have the same superpowers as Superman.

Superman should be stronger than Zod, as Superman is the result of Krytonian Eugenics, to create the best specimen possible. He does not have to work out and is built like a World Class Athlete. Superman has likely learned how to fight, through his many encounters over the years with Galactic Despots like Darkseid, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, and many others. Not to mention having scrapped with Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns, and even had to fight the friggin Batman with a Kryptonite ring on.

Not that Superman won all of his fight, but you learn something evey time, and the point is he has been in real fights a plenty. Getting into real fights will teach someone more than any class can. Any MMA competitor will tell you that an experienced fighter is far tougher than a guy with training and no experience.

Zod is a military leader, and likely has decent hand to hand skill training and experience too. Likely not more than the Superman in experience however, superman has had a lot of Superpowered brawls over the years, especially when dealing with powers that are new to Zod.

Those are just some of the reasons I think Zod is way over-rated.

Either way though, Kryptonian vs. Kryptonian is not as much contrast in powers as I would like to see.

Best thing to do is pick a Villain from Superman's baddy list that has this contrast, and if need be up-power them.

I don't care to see more of Zod in a new movie either.

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #52
Fresh Prince
Banned User

Who other then Darkseid and Doomsday have the expierence to challenege Superman in a fight?

Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #53
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Brainiac
Gog
Maxima
Metallo
Mongul
Parasite
Well you get the point, there are a lot of villains to choose from.

Last edited by Young Superman; 11-08-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #54
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

^^^ Yes, lots of Villains like that have challenged him in a fight. They are fun to read too.

There have been times he has had a fight with other hero heavy hitters too like WonderWoman, Shazam, Captain Atom, and even Batman (kryptonite ring).

He has had more fights than I care to list.

Superman is not an inexpereinced fighter, and I don't want to see him portrayed like he does not know how to fight.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:50 AM   #55
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

I don't want this in the next film. Or at least part of a flashback.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #56
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

haha

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #57
The Guard
Side-Kick

I don't think Superman, at least at the outset, should know how to fight. It makes little sense for him to.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #58
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed

Old 11-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #59
markaudette
Is Not a Unique Snowflake

Th Smile Re: Things you don't want to see happen in the next Superman movies

The days of Lex Luthor as the main antagonist have to go. Just no more Lex Luthor stories. As a driving force - as a man who pulls all the strings from behind the curtains - this is how I want to see Luthor from now on. His character can't be written out of any story. He has his hooks in everything that goes on - period.

I get a little squemish about every movie being Superman vs. a bad guy then end credits. Future Superman movies have to be smarter than this from now on. It's basically the formula that killed the old Star Trek movies. The Enterprise vs. the bad guy. The Enterprise saves the day. End credits. It's also the formula that killed the Stargate shows. The Stargate team defeats the bad guy. Roll credits. The Stargate shows basically imploded when Stargate: Atlantis was cancelled. Then came Stargate: Universe. A show more about the Stargate team Vs. environment. The show borrows on a well-worn television premise - stranded far from home with no way back. But Universe turns the whole premise on its head with an amazing fresh take on it. The moral of the story is that Superman will always be fighting unthinkably evil things for the control and safety of the Earth - of the universe itself.

Superman can redefine the Superhero genre by not running the credits after the bad guy is killed.

markaudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #60
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Things you don't want to see happen in the next Superman movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaudette View Post
The days of Lex Luthor as the main antagonist have to go. Just no more Lex Luthor stories. As a driving force - as a man who pulls all the strings from behind the curtains - this is how I want to see Luthor from now on. His character can't be written out of any story. He has his hooks in everything that goes on - period.

You are basically saying you want Lex to be present, but Not a "main villain", that just gets handled in one movie the way it has become cliché with other comic hero films, like Batman, and Spiderman.

This time he deals with X bad guy, next time he deals with Y badguy, next he deals with Z badguy and so forth.

What you would like instead of this, Lex for example, is present as a badguy, but is never really the one getting "taken on" directly, and is instead a constant negative part of the world Superman exists in.

So if say the primary immediate threats are the Parasite and Livewire, and Superman has to take them on throughout the movie, Lex is still there, but not directly involved in anyway where he lose public faith in himself.
Also at the end of the movie Lex does not get dealt with at all, just one of his plans messed up as both Livewire and the Parasite are apprehended and sent to a Meta-human Prison.

In this sense Lex is not treated like the "main villain" role in any of the movies, in the formula that Batman 1989, Batman Returns, BF, B&R, Batman Begins as well as others like Spiderman 1-3, used as the immediate threat. That formula itself is cliché.

Anyhow, I agree entirely with the sentiment that Lex should not be treated as one of these any longer.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #61
Fresh Prince
Banned User

I say have Superman fight Metallo as the main villian in the first film....I like Lex being a secondary villian.....Heard but not seen.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #62
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Yea at least for first film in new series, in the first one lex should be around. Be known to be a public icon and "Respected" business guys. But the general public doesnt really know what is going on with him. He is in charge of all the evil/criminal aspects of the city. So then in first film he isnt the main threat. They build up his character. Then like i and others i believe have said, superman by end of first film finds out luthor is connected to "X" villain. Then superman goes off and tells lex he is going to bring him down. Then in sequels lex can play a bigger role. Maybe as i said we start him off as corp lex. Then in sequel he gets into the political game maybe even all the way as president by the end of the sequel. Then in 3rd film, superman is finally able to take lex down and he gets sent to jail and then bring lex full circle into pre crisis lex of criminal mastermind.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #63
Fresh Prince
Banned User

I say split the films in triologies....furst 3 films Lex be pulling the strings....then the next 3 films he makes an impact.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #64
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

well it would be nice if we could look at things in a 3 film mind set. But we have no clue how things will go. We will need to have the first film end up being a big sucess and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #65
Lex Luthor
Evildoer

Post-Crisis Lex >>>>> Land Swindler Lex

Lex Luthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #66
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

None of the mistakes made in Superman Returns

and there were many.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #67
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

IMO the only thing Superman Returns did right was make Kal-El the last of his kind.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #68
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince View Post
I say split the films in triologies....furst 3 films Lex be pulling the strings....then the next 3 films he makes an impact.
I don't think Superman will have the ability to sustain six full movies. Most superheroes don't.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #69
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Yea most characters are luckly for 2-3 max. There is some that might be able to do it. But more times then not only way we are getting more then the standard 2-3 films is if there is any reboot/remake deals happening.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #70
wattabrownsound
Side-Kick

what about creating a new character for a role and ignore using the character that has already filled the role in the comics?

wattabrownsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #71
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattabrownsound View Post
what about creating a new character for a role and ignore using the character that has already filled the role in the comics?
Why would anyone want to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Yea most characters are luckly for 2-3 max. There is some that might be able to do it. But more times then not only way we are getting more then the standard 2-3 films is if there is any reboot/remake deals happening.
And Superman doesn't seem like he's got a big enough rogue's gallery to go more than three movies, unless people would be cool with villains returning or the director inventing new ones.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #72
Blackman
C'mon Son

I would love 1 trilogy but 2? Not really

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #73
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Why would anyone want to do that?

And Superman doesn't seem like he's got a big enough rogue's gallery to go more than three movies, unless people would be cool with villains returning or the director inventing new ones.
Ohh, he has plenty of Rogues.

The problem is that comic writers have Nerfe'd them too much.

Sometimes in the last 10 years they would want to just see Superman trump everything, so they would portray the villains as too weak.

Take the CyborgSuperman for example. He should be way tougher than Superman, and a real challenge, but they have Superman beating him easily in DoomsDay Hunter Prey, and ever since then.

CyborgSuperman should be like the T-800 equivilent of Superman, what a T-800 is to a human, he is to supes. Now that would be a challenge.

That is also just one example. Most of Superman's Rogues could be made much more powerful and interesting, and he had plenty of them in STAS, and they did not even have all of them.

The bottom line is I don't want to see any more NERF'ed badguys. Keep em tough.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #74
Fresh Prince
Banned User

Exactly man do not make up villians....we do not wanna see another Nuclear Man....Superman has alot of badass villians......they just need to use them and make them stronger then Superman.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #75
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

totally i could name at least 10 superman foes who could be good or even interesting film villains.

www.ItsJustMovies.com