The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #51
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Warriors Three Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk70 View Post
What's gonna happen if Volstaggs has to take on The Punisher in The Avengers movie????
The same thing that will happen when Foggy Nelson gets into a fistfight with Happy Hogan

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #52
Project862006
Banned User

if they can turn this

into this

Stevenson can be transformed

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #53
cosmicherosa
king of life

Kenneth Branagh really likes emotional character actors. These signings go along that path.

cosmicherosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #54
Khemik@L
MARVEL RULES THE SUMMER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Sapiens View Post
I think we shouldn't worry about Tadanobu Asano / Hogun's looks:

Nice Find Dude

FOR IF THE WAY YOUR POWER IS USED IS DICTATED TO YOU BY YOUR SELFISH EMOTIONS ARE YOU NOT A SPECTATOR? BUT IF YOU DICTATE YOUR INTENDED ACTIONS TO YOUR SELFISH EMOTIONS ARE YOU NOT THE ENFORCER?
Khemik@L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #55
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Quote:
What's gonna happen if Volstaggs has to take on The Punisher in The Avengers movie????
I think only Marvel Studios characters can crossover to be in each other's films. Punisher: War Zone was Lion's Gate so the Punisher is in the same boat with Spidey/FF/X-Men, Ghost Rider....out of luck.

Last edited by kedrell; 11-17-2009 at 01:23 PM.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #56
Watson
Ninja delivery girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Thor: Chris Hemsworth

Jane Foster: Natalie Portman

Loki: Tom Hiddleston

Odin: Anthony Hopkins

Sif: Jaimie Alexander

Fandral: Stuart Townsend

Hogun: Tadanobu Asano

Volstagg: Ray Stevenson

Malekith: Colm Feore

Heimdall: Stellan Skarsgård

Man is this cast good. Even if the movie sucks (which it won't :fingerscrossed: ) there will be some damn fine acting going on.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #57
marvelboy10
Side-Kick

the casting feels good

I'm curious about stevenson in volstagg. We'll see...

marvelboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #58
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

I think they'll do with Stevenson/Volstagg what Fox should have done with the Kingpin...get a tall burly guy and put a fat-suit on him. I just hope they don't screw it up like Fox did with Blob in the Wolverine movie. But then I don't know how big the original actor was in that but it was just so obviously a fat-suit. But then that's Fox and they can't avoid sucking if their lives depended on it. I'm sure it'll work well here though.

kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #59
Radio_Clash
Side-Kick

Asano! Cool, I'm definitely looking forward to this now.

Radio_Clash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #60
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

a quick and rather simple manip playing around with the idea of Stevenson as volstagg

(basically just used Hagrid (from harry potter) for body, put, rays face on it, then added alil red to the hair and beard, and gave him a helmet)

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #61
Stripesy Strip
Eat That, Jimmy Olsen!

What's strange is that a few months ago, I did some fantasy casting and once I passed over John Goodman and Brian Blessed for the role, I kept scrambling my brain about choices for Voldstagg and I thought "what if he wouldn't be the usual fat guy?". Because tall fat guys that can act are rare. So I came up with the idea of Stevenson as Volstagg. I'm not kidding this came through my mind. As a warrior it also would make more sense if he can move and not be this blob that eats. The key is the attitude. If Stevenson can make his character somebody that likes to laugh and eat and enjoy a good living that would work. And I think he can do that. I always thought he was too much of a teddy bear to be The Punisher.

As for the others, I find Townsend as Fandral to be predictable since Townsend as always been a Jude Law wannabee. But I think he'll do a good job at it. Third Warrior, Hogun, I'm the most disappointed in it because he's always been my favorite Asgardian, the ultimate badass and I would rather they had chosen someone like Russel Crowe or somebody with that style of acting. I guess he looks like a Mongol so they picked somebody that played a Mongol. It may makes sense but it's not that inspired.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #62
antmanx68
Side-Kick

I'm all over this. I'm not the biggest Townsend fan but he'll do fine. As far as the other 2 I'm dying to see this movie now. What's his name was awesome in Mongol and Ray can do no wrong. I just got done re-watching Rome, he is the king.

Good to see Ray in another Marvel film, hope he gets another crack at the Punisher (movie could have been better but I thought he was phenomenal.)

Last edited by antmanx68; 11-17-2009 at 03:51 PM.
antmanx68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #63
donk70
"Him"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
if they can turn this

into this

Stevenson can be transformed
But in all honestly, JR-D is nothing but a tall dwarf already

donk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #64
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripesy Strip View Post
What's strange is that a few months ago, I did some fantasy casting and once I passed over John Goodman and Brian Blessed for the role, I kept scrambling my brain about choices for Voldstagg and I thought "what if he wouldn't be the usual fat guy?". Because tall fat guys that can act are rare. So I came up with the idea of Stevenson as Volstagg. I'm not kidding this came through my mind. As a warrior it also would make more sense if he can move and not be this blob that eats. The key is the attitude. If Stevenson can make his character somebody that likes to laugh and eat and enjoy a good living that would work. And I think he can do that. I always thought he was too much of a teddy bear to be The Punisher.

As for the others, I find Townsend as Fandral to be predictable since Townsend as always been a Jude Law wannabee. But I think he'll do a good job at it. Third Warrior, Hogun, I'm the most disappointed in it because he's always been my favorite Asgardian, the ultimate badass and I would rather they had chosen someone like Russel Crowe or somebody with that style of acting. I guess he looks like a Mongol so they picked somebody that played a Mongol. It may makes sense but it's not that inspired.
I remember Corp saying that Hogun was of Mongolian Decent.. not exactly Mongolian but Equivalent to a Mongolian.

So wouldn't this be Great?

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
louiebling$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #65
Raiden
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I think they'll do with Stevenson/Volstagg what Fox should have done with the Kingpin...get a tall burly guy and put a fat-suit on him. I just hope they don't screw it up like Fox did with Blob in the Wolverine movie. But then I don't know how big the original actor was in that but it was just so obviously a fat-suit. But then that's Fox and they can't avoid sucking if their lives depended on it. I'm sure it'll work well here though.
Well, Duncan was cast as the Kingpin in DD, but he didn't wear a fat suit; he was just tall and muscular, same with Stevenson. I think Branagh will redesign Volstagg, not as a big fat guy, but a tall & strong warrior. I think this is one area I'd welcome a departure from the comics.

Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #66
Panthro
Goodbye Mr. Ramis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I imagine he'll be the next casting we hear about
Here's hoping.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #67
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weadazoid View Post
Stevensen was on Rome HBO right?? Well he is tall, has a booming kinda voice with some make up he very easily pulls this off I imagine.

THe thing that does throw me off a bit is Hoggun being...Asian, I mean yeah he always had the Fu-man-chu Stash going, but I NEVER thought of the Grim on being Asian.
Hogun was based on the Hunns or Monguls both of which are Asian based.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #68
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiebling$ View Post
I remember Corp saying that Hogun was of Mongolian Decent.. not exactly Mongolian but Equivalent to a Mongolian.

So wouldn't this be Great?
I back corp on this 100% it was never nailed down EXACTLY where Hogun was from but if you look at the last Tales of Asgard book it kind of hints at the area Hugun's from.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #69
antmanx68
Side-Kick

I love that Ray Stevenson is in this, would have been cool to have Kevin McKidd as Fendral, a 13th reunion.

antmanx68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #70
Fresh Prince
Banned User

My man Ray Stevenson in Thor!

Fresh Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #71
Sebastos
Bebop User

Great additions, I like it.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Currently Listening To:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #72
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripesy Strip View Post

Have you ever seen Asano act? If not, you can't really judge.

Inspired doesn't mean changing **** up for the sake of it BTW.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #73
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I back corp on this 100% it was never nailed down EXACTLY where Hogun was from but if you look at the last Tales of Asgard book it kind of hints at the area Hugun's from.

hmmm.... I stand corrected then. Just never pictured a mongo with a large Mace. Kewl

Old 11-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #74
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Thumbs up Re: Warriors Three Cast

Quote:
Since most everyone is ignoring the crap know as War Zone, I guess Thomas Jane will have to take out Volstagg!

Seriously, looking at Chewy's work and seeing them next to their characters is amazing. Marvel certainly knows how to cast!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #75
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well i dont know much on the characters myself, as i dont read thor books presently. But i am very curious to see how this all turns out. I am sure kenneth will pull good performances out of everyone.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote