The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 11-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #51
[A]
Banned User

Default Re: Jeremy Renner in talks to play Hawkeye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Brother #1 View Post
Ang Lee's Hulk = boring. TIH = sweet
"lol".

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
I do still like Ang Hulk. It had better action scenes I think, just less of them. And it was more of a character driven, thought provoking movie. I think when it came out people were still expecting comic book movies to be more formulaic and action packed, if it came out after the likes of TDK I think it would of been received better. Ang tried to do something different with a comic book movie, but people weren't ready for that back then.
It's not that people weren't ready for it, it's that what he was trying to do didn't work. If it were released after TDK, it'd still get **** on. It takes itself too seriously and is not as smart as it thinks it is. Also it seems to be only loosely based on the comics, it's like it takes the concept of Hulk and tries reinventing it into Ang's own expression of thoughts when it should be the opposite- a representation of the character and comics translated successfully to film. In my opinion, TIH achieved that and was merely overshadowed by the more sleek, cool tone of Iron Man, which wouldn't have worked for TIH.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #53
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [A] View Post
I know you can't really tell -- but that's Renner

There are no good enough Hawkeye pics out there -- for a manip, that is.
I love this casting rumor. "The Hurt Locker" was my favorite movie of the year next to "Up", "Watchmen", and "District 9." If Renner got picked for Hawkeye I would be psyched. Nice to see someone other then Chris Pine.

NinjaTurtleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #54
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

That's awesome, I love the idea of Renner for Hawkeye. I haven't seen Hurt Locker yet, but he was fantastic in 28 Weeks Later. He kind of has a badass coolness to him.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #55
FaT_tONle
Banned User

He was 100X better in hurt locker.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #56
irapogi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
He was 100X better in hurt locker.
qft

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #57
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

I remember him for his acting skills in Swat. definitely has the persona for hawkeye

8Diagrams(WU) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #58
xmfreak86
Side-Kick

I know this is a bit of a curveball and not exactly the right body type but with the announcement of Jeremy Renner maybe getting a part as Hawkeye.... I was thinking about Marvel's tendency for distraction. What I mean is it is pretty out of leftfield to all of sudden be hearing about Hawkeye when we havent even heard a peep about CA casting... While I am probably totally wrong about this... Could we maybe be seeing our own CA instead? I mean both 28 weeks later and The Hurt Locker showed he has the leadership, acting and gravitas to bring to CA imo...

Plus he never really specified in the article what part Marvel was actually looking into him for... hmmm...

I know im being naive and stupid probably but it was just a thought... And also know this is a thor forum... but just thought i would point it out...

xmfreak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #59
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I doubt he would be cap, hawkeye is a better fit for him. Though i myself dont really know much of the hawkeye character. I have only read a few things on the character. As for costume i agree his 616 suit is a bit out there and probably wouldnt work on screen that well. So i wouldnt mind taking a bit of his ultimate look mixed with some traits of 616 suit. I agree he should keep his arrows and guns should just be a secondary weapon he has.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:34 AM   #60
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Thunderbolt Ross is, and always shall be, a prick IMO.
Yea but he still cares for his daughter. There is still some conflict in him.

In Ang's Hulk you could sense that he was torn between his duty and his daughter.

In TIH he was just like "THAT MANS ENTIRE BODY IS PROPERTY OF THE US ARMY!!!!111". He didn't care about his daughters feelings at all.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #61
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by [a] View Post
i know you can't really tell -- but that's renner

there are no good enough hawkeye pics out there -- for a manip, that is.
wow!!!!!

Aesop Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:15 AM   #62
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

Man, Renner as Hawkeye, I hope it's not the Ultimate version, looks too much like a rouge assassin. 616 Hawk Eye would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
Yea but he still cares for his daughter. There is still some conflict in him.

In Ang's Hulk you could sense that he was torn between his duty and his daughter.

In TIH he was just like "THAT MANS ENTIRE BODY IS PROPERTY OF THE US ARMY!!!!111". He didn't care about his daughters feelings at all.
You're kidding, right? When the helicopter crashed, he flipped his lid. The one at the college.

Last edited by Aesop Rocks; 11-27-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:25 AM   #63
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I hope they can find a good compromise between the Ultimate and 616 design. If he's working for Shield, it would make more sense to wear something that looks more like military. I just can't see the colors working well on screen.

I'd think the House of M design would work, either with darker colors or in black with bits of red like the Ultimate design and also goggles instead of the mask.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:32 AM   #64
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

I think he should look like RR in XO:Wolverine. Red top, jeans. But a purple top. Something simple. Nothing too crazy.

Just a purple shirt, black pants/boots. A mask like Harry from Spider-Man 3. And his bow and arrows.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #65
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I like simple. Minor changes I'd make. A combination of Snake Eyes from Resolute and RR's Wade.

Keep the black military pants and combat boots. A skintight longsleeve shirt, in a dark purple, Clint's personal wardrobe. Throw RR's west from XO:W over there. Get rid of the mask, but keep the goggles, it would be great if they were hightech goggles that allow nightvision and other crazy stuff.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:51 AM   #66
Aesop Rocks
Price of Freedom

Thank you!

Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #67
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Could Jeremy Renner Play Hawkeye?
Exclusive: Actor reveals Marvel talks

With just three short years to go before Marvel unveils the most ambitious superhero movie of all time, The Avengers, we already know most of the line-up. You’ve got Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, and we’d be astonished if Scarlett Johansson didn’t find a place in the team as Black Widow.
Which leaves, pretty much, Captain America and the supergroup’s can’t miss/won’t miss archer, Hawkeye. But, as exclusively revealed in this month’s issue of Empire (now on sale in all good newsagents), Jeremy Renner may well be the man to fill the purple tights of the latter Avenger. Which is ironic, because when Empire asked him about The Avengers, we were enquiring about the blue tights of the former.
“I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America,” said the 38 year old actor, who’d previously been linked with the role of Cap on that there internet. “I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we’ve become friends over time and he was thinking maybe Hawkeye could be interesting. He sounds like an interesting character.”
True enough. Not to be confused with Alan Alda’s character from MASH, or indeed the hi-tech camera system that comes part and parcel with Wimbledon coverage, Hawkeye – aka Clint Barton – is a master archer, more than making up for his lack of superpowers with a keen eye, a steady hand and a never-ending quiver of tricksy arrows.
An Avenger since 1965, he’s long been an integral part of the team. So it’s pretty much a given that he’d crop up in The Avengers movie. But Marvel isn’t going to just pitch him into the action – the company is aiming to introduce him gently first, in a cameo.
But Empire’s conversation with Renner took place after Iron Man 2 wrapped so, unless they go back and add him in reshoots, all sneaky like, it seems more likely that he’ll crop up in Thor or The First Avenger: Captain America. Does Renner have inside info? “If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in Thor, and then be in The Avengers,” he said. “But do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun.”
Marvel’s interest in Renner is further proof that the Californian native has finally punched through, thanks to his wonderful turn in Kathryn Bigelow’s The Hurt Locker. But let’s sound a note of caution: it’s by no means confirmed that Renner will actually turn out to be Hawkeye. “No offer has been made,” he confirmed. “I think there’s a little ways from that.”
For one thing, Marvel may well be talking to a whole raft of young, blond actors and decide to go in another direction (say, Bradley Cooper). And for another, Renner’s been here before, and recently, having spent three months testing and chatting with George Miller about the role of Mad Max in Fury Road, only to lose out, seemingly, to Tom Hardy. But he’s surprisingly stoic about the whole thing.
“I’m just happy to get considered for big franchise roles like that,” he said. “I’m not [doing the] casting. If they see me that way, right on. If they don’t, I’m ok with it.”
So, what do you think, readers? If Marvel bring Renner on board, is he the perfect Hawkeye? And if not, who else might be able to pick up Barton’s big bow?
For more from Renner, and more on Iron Man 2, pick up the new issue of Empire, now on sale.
From Empire Online

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #68
FaT_tONle
Banned User

I think they are going to ultimately go for a younger actor to pair with SJ. With all do respect to Renner, he is pushing forty. Plus the actor that talks the most about a role beforehand usually never gets it. I always pictures Hawkeye being a 3-4 movie deal. Three Avenger movies, maybe a spinoff or the aforementioned cameos. We'll see.

On the uniform, they can't go all purple. It has to be along the lines of RR as Deadpool. I don't think they'll use a mask or anything. Maybe some purple mixed in but mostly black.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #69
Octoberist
point blank

i think at least give him like a Swat team like vest. just just a t-shirt and jeans.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #70
[A]
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
I think they are going to ultimately go for a younger actor to pair with SJ
Who or what is SJ?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #71
Project862006
Banned User

guessing scarlet johansen

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #72
[A]
Banned User

Ahh ok.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #73
jacobed
Banned User

I really hope Hawkeye is in this movie and then in the Avengers, he is my favorite Marvel character.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #74
Rac
Deadite

I wouldn't mind. Great actor. Great character.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #75
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPalooza View Post
It's not that people weren't ready for it, it's that what he was trying to do didn't work. If it were released after TDK, it'd still get **** on. It takes itself too seriously and is not as smart as it thinks it is. Also it seems to be only loosely based on the comics, it's like it takes the concept of Hulk and tries reinventing it into Ang's own expression of thoughts when it should be the opposite- a representation of the character and comics translated successfully to film. In my opinion, TIH achieved that and was merely overshadowed by the more sleek, cool tone of Iron Man, which wouldn't have worked for TIH.
Well said. Agree on all counts.

Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote