The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #51
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by omid17 View Post
why the hell did he pick a prostitute over Hurley
It's all about the accent. I don't think a fellow Brit finds the Hurley English as sexy as we do. But a hispanic accent is probably a lot more appealing to a Brit. My theory at least.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #52
omid17
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident

lol that fool is crazy

avy by kane52630
omid17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #53
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
For every hot girl out there, there's a guy sick of ****ing her.
It's a damn shame

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #54
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

When your attracted to someone mostly because of looks it can get old after you banged them dozens of times.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #55
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
" Tiger gets ass wooped by wife " lol

damn crazy how all this went down like around 3 in the morning
Reminds me of Lionel Richie.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #56
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post

Well where were you going that late? Answer that question and the rumours will die down.
No they won't. The only thing the media loves more than creating a hero is tearing one down. It doesn't matter what he says at this point and it doesn't matter whether the Enquirer and TMZ are totally full of it, the damage has been done and the paparazzi will continue their character assassination on him and his wife just like they do with plenty of other celebrities.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #57
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
No they won't. The only thing the media loves more than creating a hero is tearing one down. It doesn't matter what he says at this point and it doesn't matter whether the Enquirer and TMZ are totally full of it, the damage has been done and the paparazzi will continue their character assassination on him and his wife just like they do with plenty of other celebrities.
How is the media assassinating his character by reporting his infidelity?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #58
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
How is the media assassinating his character by reporting his infidelity?
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/29/tiger-...el-zales-ring/

There's an example. I think that "story" is complete bull*****.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #59
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
When your attracted to someone mostly because of looks it can get old after you banged them dozens of times.
That type of sophomoric logic applies to folks who are used to sleeping around with different people and are in and out of relationships frequently. I have been married for 13 years and I have to say I am still not tired of my wife yet.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #60
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

At the end of the day, no matter how famous someone is, they are still human beings.

Married men cheat. Even if their spouse is hot. Women aren't perfect. Men aren't perfect.

Look at Jennifer Garner. Suddenly becomes famous, dumps her less famous husband for her hot male co-star and then marries her superstar former co-star that she was constantly flirting with while she was married and he was engaged.

As fans we worship celebrities and movie stars and sometimes like to think they are more than human, but they aren't. They are prone to the same mistakes, vices, and issues that we are. But because of their fame they can't experience it as anonymously as we can.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #61
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If celebrities didn't want us pawing through their garbage or saying they're gay, then they shouldn't have tried to express themselves creatively. - Homer Simpson

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #62
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
If celebrities didn't want us pawing through their garbage or saying they're gay, then they shouldn't have tried to express themselves creatively. - Homer Simpson
Nice.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #63
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I wonder if Tiger got addicted to painkillers while he was recovering from his knee surgery. And that's why he was all delirious. It's quite common for athletes to become addicted to painkillers after they take them for surgery.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #64
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wonder if Tiger got addicted to painkillers while he was recovering from his knee surgery. And that's why he was all delirious. It's quite common for athletes to become addicted to painkillers after they take them for surgery.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. What I'm still confused by is why the cops didn't perform a drug/alcohol test. I've heard that they can get some of the blood from his hospital visit if they want to do a test.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #65
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Friday afternoon he should've said I was going to ____ at 2 in the morning. Or "yeah we had a fight and I was leaving to cool down". The silence is just going to hurt him in the long run.

Now TMZ and the tabloids are going to be poking around and investigating him, who knows what they'll find. Remember Chris Benoit? All the dirt they found on him.

Comedians have new material and golf fans will have doubt. Tiger has to be silent, he wouldn't want to endanger his sponsorship deals. Can't have a painkiller addict as a spokesman who cheats and has his wife scratch is face up.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #66
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:

Comedians have new material and golf fans will have doubt. Tiger has to be silent, he wouldn't want to endanger his sponsorship deals. Can't have a painkiller addict as a spokesman who cheats and has his wife scratch is face up.
The man has made $1+ billion in his life. Unless he has been very foolish with his money (doubtful since his buddy Charles Barkley has described him as a cheapskate), I don't think losing endorsements would be that big of a deal to him in the grand scheme of things. Besides, he will always have Nike in his corner. You know why? Because he literally is Nike Golf. Before Woods came along, they were barely a blip on the screen in the golf industry and now they have the biggest revenue of any company in the golf industry. If you look at his contract and the amount of money they have made from him, they are actually getting a "bargain" at $25 million per year. $25 million for $900 million. That's a pretty nice trade off for Nike.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #67
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Friday afternoon he should've said I was going to ____ at 2 in the morning. Or "yeah we had a fight and I was leaving to cool down". The silence is just going to hurt him in the long run.
I'm sure he talked to his lawyer, publicist, and PR people. He knows what he's doing.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:00 AM   #68
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Is that billion presently in his bank account or will it eventually be in his bank account? He has all these long term contracts, I don't think they give him one lump sum in the first year. Plus his wife could divorce him, did they sign a pren-up?

Quote:
I'm sure he talked to his lawyer, publicist, and PR people. He knows what he's doing.
Nike may be advising Woods, protecting him to protect themselves. As redfirebird stated Woods put them on the map, any blemishes on Woods could cost them millions and loss of market share. As well as his other sponsors.

Quote:
The apparel and shoe company has already lined up behind Woods in support. That’s a huge shot of credibility for the golfer with his other sponsors. Without Nike’s support, perhaps other lower-profile sponsors might be apt to pull the plug on endorsement deals with Woods if the golfer didn’t show up to his tournament next week - and continued to refuse to publicly address the accident and the Enquirer story.

It also occurred to me that perhaps Nike is helping to advise Woods in his current situation.

Nike’s move may have given Woods cover to remain out of public sight indefinitely, and help ensure that his hundreds of millions in other endorsement agreements remain intact.
Quote:
Sources tell TMZ the Florida Highway Patrol is now focusing on obtaining a search warrant -- allowing them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated Tiger Woods -- in an attempt to determine if the wounds Woods sustained are consistent with a car accident or domestic violence.
Did Tiger think snubbing them three times would be okay?

The National Enquirer story will continue this week as the accused is meeting with a lawyer and the media returns from Thanksgiving Weekend.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 AM   #69
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is that billion presently in his bank account or will it eventually be in his bank account? He has all these long term contracts, I don't think they give him one lump sum in the first year. Plus his wife could divorce him, did they sign a pren-up?

Forbes estimated that he had earned $1 billion at some point either this year or last year. He's been making $100+ million per year for a number of years. As for his wife, one would think he made her sign a pre-nup. At the time she first met him, he had already earned somewhere in the neighborhood of $500+ million.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 AM   #70
omid17
Side-Kick

^ yup

i think they said he makes $120 mill a year

avy by kane52630
Old 11-30-2009, 03:27 AM   #71
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ yup

Somewhere around there. And for a number of years he was making in the $80-90m area, so it definitely adds up over the 12-13 years that he has been a pro golfer. He also recently started a golf course design company. He was paid $25 million for his first project in Dubai.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #72
omid17
Side-Kick

damn, Nike and Gillette took real good care of him too

avy by kane52630
Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #73
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
damn, Nike and Gillette took real good care of him too
When General Motors started getting in financial trouble, they decided not to renew his contract last year. But then he simply replaced them with a big time Gatorade deal, somewhere in the neighborhood of $20m per year. The deal with GM was nowhere near as big, so he actually made a step up despite losing that endorsement.

I found an interesting quote on this endorsement issue:

Quote:
But for a dozen years Woods has presented himself to the world, and been represented by just about everyone he has come into contact with, as someone from another order of being. He and those around him have conspired to hide his humanity.

Why should anyone do such a thing? Because there’s money in it, obviously.

Whatever you do, whatever you think, whatever you say, never, never, never rock the corporate boat.

That is what Woods has made himself: an expression of the central importance in life of the corporate dollar. So he has made his millions and the companies around him have made their billions — and it has all come about by presenting the world an illusion. A pseudo-Tiger, a false vision of a perfect being, so perfect that scarcely an atom of his real personality — any personality — is discernible.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...SS&attr=796995

His image has been very carefully crafted thanks in part to Nike's success with Michael Jordan's image and also because of Woods' interview with GQ back when he first turned professional. He told a dirty joke that was "off the record," but the interviewer went ahead and printed it. Ever since then, Woods has been ridiculously guarded in how he deals with the media.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #74
omid17
Side-Kick

yup

avy by kane52630
Old 11-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #75
Zephyr Alexian
Banned User

Quote:
^ yup

He made 128 million last year and he's closing in on becoming the world's first billionaire athlete. However, he did lose some of his endorsements when the economy went south. Buick is one that readily comes to mind.

Zephyr Alexian is offline   Reply With Quote