The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #101
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident

See, this ***** could have asked Elin, "you know....since she's here and you're here....."

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #102
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Default Re: Tiger Woods taken to hospital in 'serious' condition after car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
He's always been the squeaky clean athlete, which even Michael Jordan couldn't get around. We love to see them fall in this society, that much i do know.
I guess applying TDK quote to sports, "You either retire a champion, or you play long enough to see yourself become the victim." Point being, no one is going to go back to these minor blemishes or incidents if Tiger catches The Bear in a few years. That's what he'll be remembered for. Unless Jordan pulls an O.J, he will get a free pass despite the controversies with him. Mohammed Ali, you remember the champion, but you also remember a guy that will be debilitated for the rest of his life.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #103
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
A real man doesn't retaliate against a woman even if she is the one hitting you.

The right thing to do is to just walk away. Thats the "manly" thing to do.
A real woman also doesn't hit a man even when she suspects him of cheating. If I were her and had concrete proof and there was no hope of reconciliation, I'd just take the kids, file for divorce, and bask in the child support. Karma and all that. That's why I applaud Jenny Sanford for leaving her loser "I went to hike the Appalachian Trail but was really in Argentina seeing my mistress" husband Mark Sanford, and making it out on her own with her 4 kids. And currently doing much better than him, I might add.

If Elin was hitting him and coming after him with a golf club, walking away was the best option, IMO. I don't fault Tiger for that.

And yeah, I think the focus on "when will Tiger say something?!" is ridiculous. He's an athlete, not a politician fiddling with our tax money. He's already a golf legend, the only thing more he could do is win more tournaments.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #104
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
A real woman also doesn't hit a man even when she suspects him of cheating. If I were her and had concrete proof and there was no hope of reconciliation, I'd just take the kids, file for divorce, and bask in the child support. Karma and all that. That's why I applaud Jenny Sanford for leaving her loser "I went to hike the Appalachian Trail but was really in Argentina seeing my mistress" husband Mark Sanford, and making it out on her own with her 4 kids. And currently doing much better than him, I might add.

If Elin was hitting him and coming after him with a golf club, walking away was the best option, IMO. I don't fault Tiger for that.

And yeah, I think the focus on "when will Tiger say something?!" is ridiculous. He's an athlete, not a politician fiddling with our tax money. He's already a golf legend, the only thing more he could do is win more tournaments.
Good point about what Elin should have done (assuming of course that the speculation of assault is even true). I think your point is a good one, but to take it even further she probably should have done what Jordan's wife did. She milked him and lived a lavish lifestyle while knowing that he cheated on her back in the late 80's/early 90's but she didn't divorce him until after his days on the court were over. By that point she had managed to accumulate a crapload of community property with him as well as live a very wealthy lifestyle. Naturally, Elin probably wasn't thinking long-term when she went off on him. He's clearly trying to protect her from the police investigation, probably because of a number of factors. It's embarrassing for a guy to get beat up by his wife, it's embarrassing for a "family man" to end up with his wife wanting a divorce, and if he can keep her on board it will help him keep his endorsements over the years...not that he needs them after already banking around $1 billion.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #105
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Don't you just love the media?

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/shag-b...nst-you-34066/

I actually saw that interview live and was thinking the entire time that this lady probably wasn't a friend of Tiger's. The only golf reporter that I know is actually friends with Tiger is Scott Van Pelt. He keeps the rest of them at arm's length, and even SVP is kept at arm's length to an extent. Most of them suck up to Tiger because he's their cash cow. He knows they're just sucking up to him for that very reason so he doesn't trust any of them (rightfully so). Anyway, Hammond's experience with CNN is proof of how manipulative the media is. If CNN is playing fast and loose with the facts, then what do you all think TMZ is doing? LOL.

Last edited by redfirebird2008; 11-30-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #106
Zephyr Alexian
Banned User

This whole situation seems like it has been blown out of proportion. There are no concrete facts and the media/online bloggers are rushing to judgment. He's famous for golf; not his private life.

Zephyr Alexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #107
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's a nugget that could possibly showcase that a celeb who has been viewed as Mr. Perfect could get knocked down a peg. It's like a bunch of starving dogs finding a steak.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #108
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

The only thing solid is that pole Tiger ran into. HEEEYOOO!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #109
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Quote:
If it came out that Rihanna had cheated on Chris Brown, he would still be no more justified in ****ing her up than Elin would be if she did indeed **** up Tiger.
Exactly.

The strange thing about this is that people are attacking Woods over...what?

Someone on TV, CNN or something, said that Tiger Woods is acting guilty.

Guilty of what? He didn't do anything. Nothing's happened...there's been no crime, nobody died, his own car got ****ed up by a tree. So, is the tree pressing charges or something?

It's just strange to see this many people losing they're ****...over nothing.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #110
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Well he did damage his neighbor's property.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #111
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/01/tiger-...ren-voicemail/

If that chick really does have all this evidence on him, obviously he is screwed. His marriage has no shot at this point. One affair can be explained as a mistake, but multiple affairs show a pattern of arrogant dirt baggery. I'm thinking that he not only admitted to the affair reported in the Enquirer, but to others as well and this is when his wife went absolutely ballistic on him. He will also take a hit in the endorsements area, but as a golfer he will be just fine. It's just that now everyone will stop viewing him as a great role model or whatever.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #112
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

US Weekly is now claiming that they will post the voice mail on their website tomorrow.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrityn...-woods-2009112

Old 12-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #113
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/01/tiger-...ren-voicemail/

If that chick really does have all this evidence on him, obviously he is screwed. His marriage has no shot at this point. One affair can be explained as a mistake, but multiple affairs show a pattern of arrogant dirt baggery. I'm thinking that he not only admitted to the affair reported in the Enquirer, but to others as well and this is when his wife went absolutely ballistic on him. He will also take a hit in the endorsements area, but as a golfer he will be just fine. It's just that now everyone will stop viewing him as a great role model or whatever.
If this turns out to be true, it will be one of the biggest news to hit sports world in quite some time.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #114
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
If this turns out to be true, it will be one of the biggest news to hit sports world in quite some time.
US Magazine is claiming that they'll post one of the voice mails on their website tomorrow morning. He is screwed.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #115
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
He will also take a hit in the endorsements area, but as a golfer he will be just fine. It's just that now everyone will stop viewing him as a great role model or whatever.
I never really got that. As an athlete, he can still be a great role model. But for his private life? He isn't a politician telling other people what to do, so who cares?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #116
Addendum
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Exactly.

The strange thing about this is that people are attacking Woods over...what?

Someone on TV, CNN or something, said that Tiger Woods is acting guilty.

Guilty of what? He didn't do anything. Nothing's happened...there's been no crime, nobody died, his own car got ****ed up by a tree. So, is the tree pressing charges or something?

It's just strange to see this many people losing they're ****...over nothing.
Florida Highway Patrol had a news conference today, and Tiger got a citation for Careless Driving. $100 fine and 4 points on his license.

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #117
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

He'll probably fight it to reduce the points.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #118
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
I never really got that. As an athlete, he can still be a great role model. But for his private life? He isn't a politician telling other people what to do, so who cares?
Well, Tiger has alot of endorsements, and he is essentially selling his image with those products, that's why it still matters. However, I doubt even if it is established that he did have all those affairs with other women, his corporate sponsers won't drop him because he still makes them very profitable. They will only drop him if there is a huge public backlash against him, which is rather unlikely.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #119
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, Tiger has alot of endorsements, and he is essentially selling his image with those products, that's why it still matters. However, I doubt even if it is established that he did have all those affairs with other women, his corporate sponsers won't drop him because he still makes them very profitable. They will only drop him if there is a huge public backlash against him, which is rather unlikely.
I understand that, but they're athletic endorsements, and the way I see it, the only way he loses them is if he gets caught taking steroids.

But yeah, sponsors do want to avoid negative bruhaha if they can.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #120
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
I understand that, but they're athletic endorsements, and the way I see it, the only way he loses them is if he gets caught taking steroids.

But yeah, sponsors do want to avoid negative bruhaha if they can.
Not all of his endorsements are athletic. Nike and Gatorade? Yes. Some of them are based solely on prestige and such. A good example is Tag Heuer.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #121
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

This is starting to get pathetic, I think.

Tabloid Wars is what this is going to end with, and stay as.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #122
FaT_tONle
Banned User

The police basically fined him and pointed his license so its a minor misdemeanor and nothing more. Wife was ruled out as the cause of the injuries. I just find it hard to believe that Tiger was so ticked off that he slammed his car so hard deliberately to cause injuries to a "hospitalization required" extent, even though we don't know how serious the injuries were to my knowledge. Even if the airbad didn't go off, although they did rule the impact forced him into the windshield so it is possible. I don't believe he was being chased by the wife with a club, but all they are going with right now is Tiger deliberately rammed the vehicle and caused his own injuries.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 12-01-2009 at 07:51 PM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #123
Holiday
'Bout that action

Simmons.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #124
Zephyr Alexian
Banned User

^That's hilarious. lol.

Now, it's a big deal, but if he keeps winning majors, all of this stuff will eventually go away. Michael Jordan cheated on his wife repeatedly during his championship years with the Bulls, but nobody cared because he won games. The guy had three cell phones: one for his wife, one for his business associates, and one solely dedicated to the scores of women that he had on the side. <*sidepoint: Jordan's wife did eventually divorce him and get 150 million, but Jordan's reputation as a global icon didn't really take a hit.>

Another modern example is Kobe Bryant. Very few people bring up Denver, Colorado anymore; since he won another championship, he's the toast of the league. His situation was far more worse than Tiger's current predicament. Tiger will be okay as long as he gets number 18. That's all the endorsers want: a winner.

Zephyr Alexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #125
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr Alexian View Post
^That's hilarious. lol.

Now, it's a big deal, but if he keeps winning majors, all of this stuff will eventually go away. Michael Jordan cheated on his wife repeatedly during his championship years with the Bulls, but nobody cared because he won games. The guy had three cell phones: one for his wife, one for his business associates, and one solely dedicated to the scores of women that he had on the side. <*sidepoint: Jordan's wife did eventually divorce him and get 150 million, but Jordan's reputation as a global icon didn't really take a hit.>

Another modern example is Kobe Bryant. Very few people bring up Denver, Colorado anymore; since he won another championship, he's the toast of the league. His situation was far more worse than Tiger's current predicament. Tiger will be okay as long as he gets number 18. That's all the endorsers want: a winner.

Golf is different from the other sports, supposedly a gentleman's game. Tiger has been portrayed by his handlers at IMG, Nike, et al as a dedicated family man. This chick with the story in US Weekly could do a lot of damage to him. The text messages and voice mails will be really embarrassing for him if she's actually got evidence. Sounds like really sleazeball stuff. We will find out tomorrow morning whether this is a bunch of bullcrap or not.

Tiger's career on the golf course will go on just the same as it has for the last 13 years. I think it might actually motivate him to kick even more tail on the course than he has lately. There's nothing he likes more than a challenge to overcome, and right now he's gotta feel like the entire world is against him. But now that it appears his carefully created public image is a fraud, people will stop deifying him. The announcers will stop sucking up to him so much during their coverage or making excuses for him when he acts like a jerk on the course (which he has been known to do). I think in the long run this incident will help humanize him with the public. Now everyone knows that he's not perfect, that he's just a great golfer. Appreciate his talent for what it is and simply leave it at that.